Crazy

Local Date
    11-20-2017
    Local Time
    08:45 PM
    Gifts Beer Naughty Mag Beer

Re: Vocal Performances

Quote Originally Posted by Ahso! View Post
    This is a Britan's Got Talent performance by Alice Fredenham. What I enjoy about Alice is how she interprets other's songs (I have her new cd). She's isn't necessarily among the best of vocalists but her interpretations and the way she expresses them is quite pleasing. Alice's body language during this performance shows her constructing each note so very carefully and for 2 minutes and 42 seconds, there was not a vocalist on the planet any better than Alice. Her interpretation of My Funny Valentine on that day was better than Frank Sinatra's or Ella Fitzgerald's ever was recorded, AFAIK. Enjoy!

Wow! That was good. I agree her interpretation was amazing.Very mesmerizing.

Proudly humble
    is Lost in the Ozone, again.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    11-20-2017
    Local Time
    09:45 PM
    Gifts Beer Balloons Gift Car Beer

That young lady has a wonderful voice. I looked her up and there are a number of other pieces she has done since.
    "The trouble with people isn't that they don't know, but that they know so much that ain't so."
    - Anonymous

This user has no status.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    11-20-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Kitten

Yes, Alice was signed by Sony to audition for a recording contract, but then Sony backed out, so Alice went on to record on her own financed through crowd-funding. The cd came out this year. I enjoy listening to the cd.

This user has no status.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    11-20-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Kitten

Register to remove this ad.
    The first concept to learn in singing is that you are the instrument. I've always kinda known this. It takes lots of tuning and fine-tuning to get the instrument to play correctly and to harmonize with the other instruments in a song (this is my greatest challenge right now - I find it easier to harmonize with other people's voices, but not with musical instruments. My teacher tells me that that's because my ear needs work).

The following video is NPR's Tiny Desk Concert Series with Tank and the Bangas. Featured are two young ladies who sing jazz beautifully. Not a crack or deviation will you hear from them in this recording. Not even in their speaking voice - that's how finely tuned their instruments are. This is a bit on the long side but really is worth the time if you're so inclined. Enjoy!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2