I am:
    ----

Local Date
    02-22-2018
    Local Time
    10:54 PM
    Gifts Beer Cake

Printing Problems

Can anyone help with an ongoing issue I have?

I am running W7 & have an HP Deskjet 3634 Wireless Printer networked via the Router (which is wired to the PC).

Whenever I try to print from a MS product (Word, WordPad, Excel, etc) nothing happens - it doesn't even get sent to the Print Buffer. However, If I want to print something I need to save it as a PDF, then print it from such applications as Adobe Acrobat or PDF Architect.

The fact that I am able to print from other applications proves that the printer, itself, is correctly installed & networked. How can I make it work on MS products? I've done loads of searching on Google, to no avail, as all the solutions come back about adding a printer, which is no help, seeing as the printer is already added with all the relevant drivers.

Proudly humble
    is Lost in the Ozone, again.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    02-22-2018
    Local Time
    05:54 PM
    Gifts Beer Balloons Gift Car Beer

Re: Printing Problems

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by FourPart View Post
    Can anyone help with an ongoing issue I have?

I am running W7 & have an HP Deskjet 3634 Wireless Printer networked via the Router (which is wired to the PC).

Whenever I try to print from a MS product (Word, WordPad, Excel, etc) nothing happens - it doesn't even get sent to the Print Buffer. However, If I want to print something I need to save it as a PDF, then print it from such applications as Adobe Acrobat or PDF Architect.

The fact that I am able to print from other applications proves that the printer, itself, is correctly installed & networked. How can I make it work on MS products? I've done loads of searching on Google, to no avail, as all the solutions come back about adding a printer, which is no help, seeing as the printer is already added with all the relevant drivers.
    I have a wireless connected printer, it seems that if I have not used it for a few days, I have to re-start the printer before MS will send the job to it.
    Haven't really investigated why, yet. I use it more for scanning docs that printing, anyway.
    I leave PDF as the default printer, since most of what I print is sent via email, rather than printed to paper. And. like you, Printing PDF docs seems to not be a problem.

We have both Win 7 and Win 10, and see the same behavior.
    "If I had to do it over again, I would also avoid any semblance of involvement in partisan politics.
    An evangelist is called to do one thing, and one thing only: to proclaim the Gospel."
    - Billy Graham

+ Reply to Thread