Crazy

Local Date
    11-22-2017
    Local Time
    01:54 AM
    Gifts Boxing Gloves Cocktail Boxing Gloves Balloons Puppy Gift Car Cocktail

Re: The NHS

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    Officially I wouldnt have been either...but...I would have understood.
    I got a right Bollocking about the machine being jolted and shooting a massive dose into me but the truth was they were more worried I would drop the machine as it cost them so much It was damn hard to do as well what with trying to drag my tripod behind me as well. But I got there and after being heavilly sedated for three days, it was the best cigg I've ever had.

Chatelaine of the Keep
    is thats LADY H. to you!

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    11-22-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Certificate

Quote Originally Posted by gmc View Post
    No No No No No No.

What kind of idiot would want a privatised health service? Sixty one years ago the people of this country their feeling felt about this I find it hard to credit anyone thinks privatised medicine is a good thing-just look at the states who would want to copy them?
    I understand what you are saying. The point is, the process of contracting out services has already begun. And it's been done with the least amount of public attention as can be.
    ~Quoth the Raven, Nevermore!~

Chatelaine of the Keep
    is thats LADY H. to you!

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    11-22-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Certificate

Quote Originally Posted by oscar View Post
    I got a right Bollocking about the machine being jolted and shooting a massive dose into me but the truth was they were more worried I would drop the machine as it cost them so much It was damn hard to do as well what with trying to drag my tripod behind me as well. But I got there and after being heavilly sedated for three days, it was the best cigg I've ever had.
    Yeah sounds about right. Like the folks who take their chest drains outside with them to smoke.
    I would have been more worried about you dislodging the clot and sending that to your lungs. Priorities in that place sound a bit skewed to me.
    ~Quoth the Raven, Nevermore!~

Banned
    This user has no status.

I am:
    Crazy

Local Date
    11-22-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Boxing Gloves Cocktail Boxing Gloves Balloons Puppy Gift Car Cocktail

Yeah sounds about right. Like the folks who take their chest drains outside with them to smoke.
    I would have been more worried about you dislodging the clot and sending that to your lungs. Priorities in that place sound a bit skewed to me.
    It was on my left lung. I just have to say that the staff and all concerned in the emergency ward were nothing short of excellence. The Paramedics without doubt saved my life. I had just had major surgery so they suspected a pulmery embolism correctly at once and treated me in the ambulance on route with Heperin.

Supporting Member
    is risen

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    11-22-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Heart Car Beer Beer Burger Cake Ban Hammer Beer

There are, I think, two issues which the general public conflates. Privatizing out is one, and national care free at the point of delivery for cradle-to-grave health cover which is the other. They have nothing, as far as I can see, to do with each other.

There have been slips in the second. Dental provision is a central health concern and that's completely messed up. Prescription charges have sneaked in and up though they're still capped at £110 a year per person regardless of the volume of prescriptions which is a way of stopping it becoming a total outrage. It's still wrong.

But making the system as cost effective as possible, given the unchanged definition of what it performs, is a political decision that has nothing to do with cutting back on performance.

It's not an informed post Raven, but perhaps if you sink your teeth into it I'll get an idea of why I can't see the wood for the trees.
    Nullius in verba|||||||||||
    Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game!

The watch of your vision has become reasonable today.

It’s normal. You must provoke. You must insult the belief of all monotheists. You must make fun of the belief of all monotheists.
    From the upper tier of the Leppings Lane End of the Hillsborough Stadium, I watched the events of that day unfold with horror.
    When the flowers want to oxygen and nutrition, or you’re a wedding or party planner, I will help you too much.
    Write that word in the blood

gmc
    Currently Offline
    This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    11-22-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Cocktail Car Beer

I understand what you are saying. The point is, the process of contracting out services has already begun. And it's been done with the least amount of public attention as can be.
    That's because they know what the public reaction is likely to be. there's a lot wrong with the NHS but privatising it isn't the way to go.

is .

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    11-22-2017
    Local Time
    Gifts Balloons Car Gift Naughty Mag Certificate Beer Beer

Register to remove this ad.
    Whilst centralising the administration might be dragging the efficiency of the whole down, paying dividends and making profit the motive for existence is not the answer.

Keep central purchasing but take the administration back to the point of supply - make those that do responsible for the doing because they are the ones who know what is required.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2