Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: The NHS

  1. #1
    Chatelaine of the Keep
    is thats LADY H. to you!
     
    I am:
    Happy
     
    Raven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Essex, innit!
    Posts
    4,075
    Local Date
    08-16-2017
    Local Time
    03:17 PM
    Points
    882
    Gifts Certificate

    The NHS

    Should it be privatised and services contracted out? What do you think? How about a debate?
    ~Quoth the Raven, Nevermore!~

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    This user has no status.
     
    I am:
    ----
     

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Kingston-upon-Thames
    Posts
    4,498
    Local Date
    08-16-2017
    Local Time
    04:17 PM
    Points
    6,202
    Gifts Beer Beer

    Re: The NHS

    Absolutely not. Think it was a bad mistake contracting out the cleaning services.

    What I would like to see is more emphasis on preventive measures, though I don't pretend to know how it would work. Should tobacco be banned?

  3. #3
    Banned
    This user has no status.
     
    I am:
    Crazy
     

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    WEST SUSSEX, ENGLAND
    Posts
    31,529
    Local Date
    08-16-2017
    Local Time
    03:17 PM
    Points
    51,299
    Gifts Boxing Gloves Cocktail Boxing Gloves Balloons Puppy Gift Car Cocktail

    Re: The NHS

    I'm more in favour of taking the NHS out of the hands of Whitehall and handing control back to the Individual hospitals.

  4. #4
    Chatelaine of the Keep
    is thats LADY H. to you!
     
    I am:
    Happy
     
    Raven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Essex, innit!
    Posts
    4,075
    Local Date
    08-16-2017
    Local Time
    03:17 PM
    Points
    882
    Gifts Certificate

    Re: The NHS

    Quote Originally Posted by Clodhopper View Post
    Absolutely not. Think it was a bad mistake contracting out the cleaning services.

    What I would like to see is more emphasis on preventive measures, though I don't pretend to know how it would work. Should tobacco be banned?
    The sad fact is that the primary care services are already going to the highest bidder. Wound care and tissue viability are being scouped up by dressing manufacturers for example. Health visitors are being clumped into social care. The change is already happening and noone knows about it. I will look up some things for you. I feel the issue needs exposing.
    ~Quoth the Raven, Nevermore!~

  5. #5
    Chatelaine of the Keep
    is thats LADY H. to you!
     
    I am:
    Happy
     
    Raven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Essex, innit!
    Posts
    4,075
    Local Date
    08-16-2017
    Local Time
    03:17 PM
    Points
    882
    Gifts Certificate

    Re: The NHS

    Quote Originally Posted by oscar View Post
    I'm more in favour of taking the NHS out of the hands of Whitehall and handing control back to the Individual hospitals.
    It wont happen. There wont be much left to call the NHS soon.
    ~Quoth the Raven, Nevermore!~

  6. #6
    Banned
    This user has no status.
     
    I am:
    Crazy
     

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    WEST SUSSEX, ENGLAND
    Posts
    31,529
    Local Date
    08-16-2017
    Local Time
    03:17 PM
    Points
    51,299
    Gifts Boxing Gloves Cocktail Boxing Gloves Balloons Puppy Gift Car Cocktail

    Re: The NHS

    Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    It wont happen. There wont be much left to call the NHS soon.
    As you already know... I have two sisters and a niece who are in the NHS. My sister Karen is at Brighton County as an A & E Staff nurse and
    Shirley is a Staff nurse in Queens Hospital in Romford. My niece is at Worthing Hospital in Sussex. They are sick to the back teeth of the restrictions put upon them that they believe sometimes stops them actually nursing. What do you suggest?

  7. #7
    Chatelaine of the Keep
    is thats LADY H. to you!
     
    I am:
    Happy
     
    Raven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Essex, innit!
    Posts
    4,075
    Local Date
    08-16-2017
    Local Time
    03:17 PM
    Points
    882
    Gifts Certificate

    Re: The NHS

    There is nothing we can do. All I can suggest is that no matter who pays their wage, they are still nurses. Do what we can with what we got. Nurse led clinics are starting to take off big time! All we need to do is secure the capital from the government and based upon strategic evidence, hang out our own shingle. Open for business. I plan something along those lines in the cardio-pulmonary area, once I find my feet as a nurse at the Medway A & E for a couple of years.
    ~Quoth the Raven, Nevermore!~

  8. #8
    Banned
    This user has no status.
     
    I am:
    Crazy
     

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    WEST SUSSEX, ENGLAND
    Posts
    31,529
    Local Date
    08-16-2017
    Local Time
    03:17 PM
    Points
    51,299
    Gifts Boxing Gloves Cocktail Boxing Gloves Balloons Puppy Gift Car Cocktail

    Re: The NHS

    Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    There is nothing we can do. All I can suggest is that no matter who pays their wage, they are still nurses. Do what we can with what we got. Nurse led clinics are starting to take off big time! All we need to do is secure the capital from the government and based upon strategic evidence, hang out our own shingle. Open for business. I plan something along those lines in the cardio-pulmonary area, once I find my feet as a nurse at the Medway A & E for a couple of years.
    I could have done with you when I had my pulmery Embolism. The nurses were not impressed with my dragging my machine for Heperin along to the toilet for a cigg with me.

  9. #9
    Chatelaine of the Keep
    is thats LADY H. to you!
     
    I am:
    Happy
     
    Raven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Essex, innit!
    Posts
    4,075
    Local Date
    08-16-2017
    Local Time
    03:17 PM
    Points
    882
    Gifts Certificate

    Re: The NHS

    Officially I wouldnt have been either...but...I would have understood.
    ~Quoth the Raven, Nevermore!~

  10. #10
    gmc
    Currently Offline
    Senior Member
    This user has no status.
     
    I am:
    ----
     

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    12,881
    Local Date
    08-16-2017
    Local Time
    04:17 PM
    Points
    26,100
    Gifts Cocktail Car Beer

    Re: The NHS

    Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    Should it be privatised and services contracted out? What do you think? How about a debate?
    No No No No No No.

    What kind of idiot would want a privatised health service? Sixty one years ago the people of this country their feeling felt about this I find it hard to credit anyone thinks privatised medicine is a good thing-just look at the states who would want to copy them?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.5.2