Make these ads go away.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Meg's Pub..... philosophers club.

is just trying to keep her head

I am:
    Shy

Local Date
    06-17-2018
    Local Time
    06:09 PM
    Gifts Kitten Kitten Kitten Cake Gift Balloons Gift Car

Re: Meg's Pub..... philosophers club.

I have so much reading to do to join this thread I might wait for the next topic.

This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    06-17-2018
    Local Time
    11:09 PM
    Gifts Beer Beer

I claim no certainty. When I spout off like this it's the best I can do with bit and pieces I've picked up over many years, some of which will in the nature of things be wrong. If I sound certain it's because I'm thinking hard and putting pieces in place so my effort is into trying to make sense. Getting lost in the doubts and uncertainties would mean I never made the point in the first place, probably.

Please never be concerned about saying you think I'm wrong. I could be. Reasons help, though
    The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"
    Lone voice: "I'm not."

is .

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    06-17-2018
    Local Time
    Gifts Balloons Car Gift Naughty Mag Certificate Beer Beer

Quote Originally Posted by Ahso! View Post
    That is true all too often, however, should the company pull out what remains should be well-trained people capable of picking up the pieces and potentially putting things back together unless they transfer out with the company.
    So if, say, amazon pulled out of the UK then the ex amazon employees would be able to put together a company to rival amazon?

I don't think so.

This user has no status.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    06-17-2018
    Local Time
    Gifts Kitten

Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Mawr View Post
    So if, say, amazon pulled out of the UK then the ex amazon employees would be able to put together a company to rival amazon?

I don't think so.
    Amazon wasn't always the powerhouse it is now. I was thinking that the former employees might have the potential to implement any number of ideas as individuals or collectively. Business environments often spawn new ideas and creations as well as new relationships.
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”
    Voltaire

This user has no status.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    06-17-2018
    Local Time
    Gifts Kitten

Quote Originally Posted by Clodhopper View Post
    I claim no certainty. When I spout off like this it's the best I can do with bit and pieces I've picked up over many years, some of which will in the nature of things be wrong. If I sound certain it's because I'm thinking hard and putting pieces in place so my effort is into trying to make sense. Getting lost in the doubts and uncertainties would mean I never made the point in the first place, probably.

Please never be concerned about saying you think I'm wrong. I could be. Reasons help, though
    No worries, CH, your posts are always good reading.
    Voltaire

is .

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    06-17-2018
    Local Time
    Gifts Balloons Car Gift Naughty Mag Certificate Beer Beer

Quote Originally Posted by Ahso! View Post
    Amazon wasn't always the powerhouse it is now. I was thinking that the former employees might have the potential to implement any number of ideas as individuals or collectively. Business environments often spawn new ideas and creations as well as new relationships.
    All companies have to grow but there's very little room for another amazon and no way you'd compete unless you start big - a new start up in that area would not have the government holding it's collective breath waiting for the tax revenue to start rolling in or the jobless totals to drop.

This user has no status.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    06-17-2018
    Local Time
    Gifts Kitten

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryn Mawr View Post
    All companies have to grow but there's very little room for another amazon and no way you'd compete unless you start big - a new start up in that area would not have the government holding it's collective breath waiting for the tax revenue to start rolling in or the jobless totals to drop.
    There are several insights gained through training and experience. I'm not saying former Amazon employees knowledge is limited to that business model. There is lots of potential in administrative experience and people skills or understanding other aspects of the experience. Another Amazon might not be spawned, but some other category of business. Though, with enough smarts, the former employees could collectively seek investors and indeed compete with Amazon. There are actually lots of competitors out there. Amazon enjoys name-recognition presently, but so did Yahoo not that long ago.
    Voltaire

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5