Tired

Local Date
    03-24-2017
    Local Time
    07:53 PM
    Gifts Gift Beer Balloons Beer Puppy Kitten

Re: Recovery!

Quote Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
    ......... to help those who want to quit.
    The operative phrase there, of course is, "Want to quit"
    Yes, I know that's true. But it still befuddles my blue-eyed vision of humanity why it is that junkies influence ex-junkies to re-offend rather than ex-junkies influencing junkies to quit ............ and why in order to quit you need "TO WANT" to quit but you don't need "to want" to be a junkie in order to become one. It doesn't seem fair.

This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    03-24-2017
    Local Time
    05:53 PM
    Gifts Beer Cake

Quote Originally Posted by High Threshold View Post
    "Barry Manilow"? My memory might be fading but as I recall it was "Bread".
    True enough (David Gates to be precise), but I always associate it with the Barry Manilow version.

This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    03-24-2017
    Local Time
    09:53 AM

Quote Originally Posted by High Threshold View Post
    I've heard that the best way to keep sober is to stay clear of anyone who is a substance abuser. Is that really true or just one of those things people like to say?

I was at the home of a friend, many years ago now, when his wife came out of the bedroom with a rubber cord round her arm and asked my friend (her husband) to follow her back into the bedroom to give her a hand. It turned out they were both on heroin. I guess it isn't easy to work the plunger and pull on the cord at the same time, eh? Having absolutely no experience with drugs (other than an occasionally tug on the noble weed) I was shocked. When they finished up I started looking for an excuse to make my exit. I guess they saw the horror in my eyes and tried to convince me that it was cool to shoot H and that they could stop anytime they wanted to - and “like wow, man(!)” I should give it a try too. I cut all contact with them and a few years later I saw (with my own eyes) how well they could "stop anytime they wanted" alright. They ended up zombies and I don't know what happened to their daughter who was playing on the floor the day it all happened. I might be just plain lucky, but I resisted some serious peer-pressure to shoot H, snort cocaine and drop LSD during the water shed period that drugs and long hair were a foregone conclusion. I did have long hair though, right up until John Lennon shaved his head. Golly! I gave the hairdresser a mild heart attack, I did!

Hi there High Threshold, you just did the right thing, you should really stay away from people who’s a substance abuser, because they will make a big impact to you. Remember this saying? “Tell me who your friends are, and I will tell who you are”? It already explains why we should choose the people whom we want to be with, because one day, we will be like them too. Just like in my experience, I used to live a normal life in high school, but when I reached college and meet this friend of mine who are addicted to drugs, I start living in hell, I live in pain and stressed life. That’s why my parents decided to move in Utah, for me to stay away from my addict friends and find a good Alcohol Addiction Treatment program for my recovery. It is true that environment has a big impact to us, I’m thankful that we already live in a peaceful and friendly people now, it really helps in my recovery. As what I’ve said in my first post I’m living free and positive now, and I know I’m still on the process of recovery, but with the help of our almighty God, I know I will stay clean and sober in my entire life. God bless you all.

This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    03-24-2017
    Local Time

Hi DarrylC1 congratulation on your recovery. you are right environment has a big impact to your recovery. if you are going to rehab find the one that have a nice environment, it can help to your recovery because it gives you a peace of mind. just like my friend his family admit him to Better Treatment Addiction Rehab and it has a good environment and nice people. he said that people and environment on that place helped him a lot to be recovered. anyway congrats on your recovery. keep it up and good luck.

This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    03-24-2017
    Local Time

Some says that a drug center rehab is a like a prison but I have proven that it's not. They are exactly the people who can understand and help you with what you are going through. I owe a lot from my therapy, the environment I had avoided me to all distractions and temptation. I hope others would let go of their fears and stay committed onto their recovery.
    Last edited by LarsMac; 04-17-2015 at 07:35 AM. Reason: Link removed

Recycled Teenager
    This user has no status.

I am:
    Tired

Local Date
    03-24-2017
    Local Time
    05:53 PM
    Gifts Heart Cocktail Kitten Gift Balloons Balloons Ban Hammer Gift

Quote Originally Posted by LeeSung View Post
    Some says that a drug center rehab is a like a prison but I have proven that it's not. They are exactly the people who can understand and help you with what you are going through. I owe a lot from my therapy, the environment I had avoided me to all distractions and temptation. I hope others would let go of their fears and stay committed onto their recovery.
    Sorry (not really) to tell you LeSung, but in the UK that link is unavailable/not permitted ! So you are not successful in trying to advertise in the UK !
    I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully

Proudly humble
    is Lost in the Ozone, again.

I am:
    Tired

Local Date
    03-24-2017
    Local Time
    11:53 AM
    Gifts Beer Balloons Gift Car Beer

Register to remove this ad.
    link removed
    "You don't need to know all the answers. Nobody is yet smart enough to even know all the questions."
    - Anonymous

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3