+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Prayer Circle

Local Date
    04-23-2019
    Local Time
    01:35 AM

Thumbs up Prayer Circle

I have heard of prayer circle, that is some one prays for others, and they say it is effective. what do you think

Local Date
    04-22-2019
    Local Time
    12:05 PM

Re: Prayer Circle

Quote Originally Posted by amale
    I have heard of prayer circle, that is some one prays for others, and they say it is effective. what do you think
    I believe they work. Mind you, a person doesn't always get what they pray for. But the results are sometimes astounding.

anomaly
    Local Date
    04-22-2019
    Local Time
    01:05 PM

I think a gathering or union of people with the same intentions who focus on a goal, regardless of religious purpose or not, create "thoughtforms" that create reality. In the same way but to lesser effect is the practice of imaging or picturing your goals to help achieve them.

billyandmichellecoffey

Thumbs up I have to agree

I do think that a pray circle helps those who are prayed for. I have a child that has cerebral palsy and hydrocephlus ( i think that is how it is spelled). He was nine months old when we found out that what was wrong with him. Only the doctor told us that he would not live until he was three years old even if he had surgery. He said that he did not have a brain only a brain stem. Well we had pray circles going on everywhere for him and when we took him to a neurosurgeon he told us that he would live until the Lord took him home. He had the surgery and if fixing to turn 13 years old. So yes i think pray circles work.

Local Date
    04-22-2019
    Local Time

Whether prayer works or not is no longer a question. There have been enough studies done on the subject to put the question to rest. Prayer works. A prayer circle could be a prayer square and still have the same result. When we pray in agreement with others, for some reason, the results are better. James taught that if someone is sick they should call the elders (not the elder) to pray for them and anoint them with oil. It works.

We have to be careful when praying in a group so that we don’t enter into what I call competitive prayer. We need to be praying to God and not praying to impress the other people in the group. A beautiful prayer is just that… a thing of beauty. An effectual prayer comes from the heart and no matter how it sounds to us, it is a sweet aroma to God.
    Schooling results in matriculation. Education is a process that changes the learner.

Local Date
    04-23-2019
    Local Time
    02:35 AM

During my morning prayers, I pray for others and then for myself. It gives me peace. I have also seen it working.
    Spread love not hate
    Suresh Gupta
    http://www.betterlife4all.com

sagan

Whether prayer works or not is no longer a question.
    Not sure about that at all.

There have been enough studies done on the subject to put the question to rest.
    Can you post some studies? Some studies where the protocol of the study, methodology, and statistical evidence is shown. Here's a tip, don't use the one produced by Columbia University and the Journal of Reproductive Medicine, a study that Time magazine describes as: "a flawed study co-authored by a medically-illiterate con man".

An effectual prayer comes from the heart and no matter how it sounds to us, it is a sweet aroma to God.
    Alternatively, if you can't think of anything to say to him, just burn a goat. God likes that sweet aroma as well.

Closed
    Local Date
    04-22-2019
    Local Time
    09:05 PM

My experience is that they are generally effective. Depends on the type of group you join and how flexible/sociable they are. Great way of getting people together especially those who might be facing personal difficulties.

I once came accross a prayer circle run by the Roman Catholic Organisation called Opus Dei; I did not enjoy it at all and was not impressed with what I felt was their secrecy and hidden agenda. So I would steer well clear of them - my opinion!

Local Date
    04-22-2019
    Local Time

My experience is that they do work. My wife is involved in one with our church. When a name comes up each member is phones and prayers are said by individuals in the privacy of their homes.

I just attended a healing workshop yesterday where we discussed the practise of healing prayer.

It works.

Shalom
    Ted

anomaly
    Local Date
    04-22-2019
    Local Time

Register to remove this ad.
    Quote Originally Posted by sagan
    Not sure about that at all.

Can you post some studies? Some studies where the protocol of the study, methodology, and statistical evidence is shown. Here's a tip, don't use the one produced by Columbia University and the Journal of Reproductive Medicine, a study that Time magazine describes as: "a flawed study co-authored by a medically-illiterate con man".

Alternatively, if you can't think of anything to say to him, just burn a goat. God likes that sweet aroma as well.
    Prayer is like any kind of imaging. Anthony Robbins sure made a fortune teaching people how to do it. Whether the thought and image is for riches or for healing it is still the same principle but the healing goal is more worthy. I think there is a lot of proof that picturing something happening can help attain the result. Very practical example: Hitting free shots in basketball. Every good player knows how to image.

The goat thing was just crass.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast