I am:
    ----

Local Date
    08-15-2018
    Local Time
    11:10 PM
    Gifts Balloons Gift Car Cocktail Balloons Cocktail Cake

Hotel Hell

Nice place to stay - disturbing situation.
    Any one have a Hotel Nighmare.

Sunday Aug. 3 check in and scheduled stay is 3 nights in Fullerton CA.
    We're in room 208 - all is good. Monday We go to Knotts berry Farm - Venice Beach and had a great time - come back to our room @ 8:00 P.M. tired & wanting to relax.

The room next to us room 210 is noisy - I give it some time and spoke to rm. 210.
    Noisy - spoke to rm. 210 again and noticed the room is full of unsupervised kids, called the main desk & the clerk spoke to rm. 210.

Noise continues - the unsupervised kids ages range 8 - 14 yrs. old and they're trashing the room. noise continues.

11:30 P.M. I'm at the front desk explaining the noise - they're wrestling - running up & down the hall & back into the room slamming & banging etc..
    Clerk stated she spoke to them & that's all she could do. I explain it's a room full of unsupervised kids.
    Clerk stated the kids were dropped off and will be picked up in the morning - as if that was a normal schedule - I stated I don't think that's legal.
    Clerk asked if WE would like to be moved - serious - NO -WE would like to get some sleep.
    I stated I'm going to call the Police - clerk says OK, do what you need to do & walked away.
    Days Inn - 333 Bonita Ave. Fullerton CA - nice hotel terrible management - the clerk did nothing to assist & ensure a pleasant stay.
    The next morning WE wake up to banging & slamming of doors at 6:00 A.M.
    Thank You very much for that wake up call
    I jumped out of bed & nearly killed a few brats & now realise I should've called the Police.
    I won't hesitate next time & WE travel frequently.
    Horrible management. I have contacted Days Inn Corporate Office.

Patsy

Proudly humble
    is Lost in the Ozone, again.

I am:
    Cool

Local Date
    08-16-2018
    Local Time
    12:10 AM
    Gifts Beer Balloons Gift Car Beer

Re: Hotel Hell

Wow. Yeah, I've had a few of those nights, too.

Days Inn on my list of "Anywhere but there" chains.
    It may not be so much that I've conceded your point as that you just can't hear me rolling my eyes.

This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    08-15-2018
    Local Time

Lars
    I started to think that the front desk clerk could being getting paid under the table type thing for "baby sitting" - meaning allowing these unsupervised kids to be dropped off .

I've never seen anything like this - a room full of kids & then they have access to the pool - they were running the Hotel.

Never again for Days Inn - too bad - they serve a great daily breakfast which is good for the Hubby.

That day with very little sleep - we were off to "The Price is Right"
    Come on Down - hell - we were laying down.....

Patsy

Banned
    This user has no status.

I am:
    Crazy

Local Date
    08-16-2018
    Local Time
    06:10 AM
    Gifts Boxing Gloves Cocktail Boxing Gloves Balloons Puppy Gift Car Cocktail

That Is absolutely dreadful Patsy...

I've stayed In some pretty awful hotels during my time when we've hitch hiked around Europe but I have never had this In the UK

I do a fair bit of travelling around the country staying overnight In hotels for functions and campaigns and I always book the Lenny Henry Premier Inn. Cheap and cheerful but I'd never put up with what you have just endured. That's just unacceptable.
    Especially If you have to be up early In the morning and be somewhere on time.

I suspect also from what you've said, the desk was doing the babysitting.

This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    08-16-2018
    Local Time
    07:10 AM
    Gifts Beer Cake

I've been to quite a few Youth Hostels in my time. Dirt cheap & excellent standards.

This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    08-15-2018
    Local Time

Fourpart

I couldn't stay in a Hostel - maybe when I was very young and traveling around as Oscar did with her brother.

I met a older lady in Hawaii who travels every where & stays in Hostels, and she was staying in a Hostel in Hawaii.

Brave woman..

This Days Inn was actually very nice - I feel the front desk clerk was making her own rules/policy for her benefit.

Corporate Office has offered a voucher for another stay in the future. Yippee

Patsy

This user has no status.

I am:
    ----

Local Date
    08-16-2018
    Local Time
    Gifts Beer Cake

The modern hostels are not like the huts of yesteryear. In fact they're often very much like hotels themselves. The only difference is that you're expected to chip in & do a bit of the housework instead of leaving it to Room Service.

is just wandrin

I am:
    Happy

Local Date
    08-15-2018
    Local Time
    Gifts Balloons Cake Gift

Sounds like the place needs an adult wing.

Banned
    This user has no status.

I am:
    Crazy

Local Date
    08-16-2018
    Local Time
    06:10 AM
    Gifts Boxing Gloves Cocktail Boxing Gloves Balloons Puppy Gift Car Cocktail

One year, my brother and I In our younger days set off for Paris to see The Stranglers.

To start with, It was the cross channel ferry from hell. Apparently had It have gone up a notch, they were on the point of cancelling the Newhaven to Dieppe ferries.
    As soon as we were on board, I felt sick. While my brother tucked In to a full fried English breakfast below deck, I clung to a rail on the top deck In the hope the wind In my face would stop me from projectile vomiting.
    In the end I set off to find a toilet to be sick and found every toilet, washbasin and floors full of every other passengers vomit except my brother who was now on a second helping of pork sausages.
    I fought my way back to the top deck and unable to hold It any more, I said Hughie to the sea... only with the wind In my direction, my vomit flew back and covered me.
    In the end, feeling I was about to pass out, I lay on the top deck on my stomach clinging for dear life... My brother was now on an extra serving of fried bread.

We get to Dieppe and find there's a bloody train strike to Paris. The Gig wasn't until the next night so we wern't duely worried about that but by the time we actually managed to board a train to Paris, we were 8 hours behind schedule and the entire world and his wife appeared to also be on board. I still feel sick and am now worried, really worried because we were so crammed In, I'd never have got to a window In time. I tried sucking In air and all I got was an old French man's body odour.

We fell off the train In Paris and by now It's 2 am.... we must have enquired at at least 8 reasonable looking hotels... all full.
    The 9th Is on a corner and we enter one side. They tell us they have just one room but It's a double bed... we were so exhausted and I was still being sick that we took It.
    Only what we didn't realise until we'd got In the room, was that the hotel was In fact a brothel. Outside our window on the other corner that we couldn't see on entry, were the ladies of the night parading up and down.

I laid on the bed and was so sick I thought the bed was moving like the sea waves. I lay there clinging to the side while my brother popped down to the bar to get a drink or five.
    The door opens and standing there Is a huge black man asking If I wanted tea. I then realised there was no lock on the door. I'm lying there In a strange hotel, In a strange city and no way of contacting my brother( before the days of mobile phones). All I can say Is after the 3rd time this huge man walked Into the room, It ended with ' Come any closer and I'll stab you'.
    My brother returned and he went to draw the curtains and shut the window for the night. With this the entire pelmet and curtain rail crashed to the floor bringing several lumps of plaster with It.
    We found dog hairs In the bed but tried to settle down to sleep. He woke me at some point to warn me he was about to put the light on to take a pee. As he did so, we saw a mass of black shaped moving across the floor and walls... they were c.ockroaches.
    We spent the rest of the night with the lights on listening to the ladies of the night In other rooms wailing.
    The first thing we did after checking out was find a public baths and get clean....

When we look back, oh how we laugh now but that had to be the hotel from hell.

is starting the 2nd half

I am:
    Crazy

Local Date
    08-16-2018
    Local Time
    Gifts Cake Gnome Gift Cake

Register to remove this ad.
    I think the worst i have had has been a travelodge i couldnt get an extra pillow ngihtmare but the next morning i could hear someone complaining they had NO pillows at all!!! I would have made them go to the other travelodge other side of city to get some. So yeah,, I guess i have been lucky with hotels really

FOC THREAD PART1
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
    Martin Luther King Jr.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast