Is Doc Martin EVER coming back?

This is our starting point. Discussions about any or all TV shows. The more popular shows will eventually have their own forum.
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

Watching reruns is getting old...

Is there this 2 year break on all the shows from across the pond?

I've just run into a similar issue with Sherlock I think... and only 3 episodes?:-5
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

I miss Doc Martin, & I saw a Xmas special of 'Call the Midwife' & hope there are new episodes coming up. I had no idea it was Vanessa Redgrave as the older voice of Jenny. Love both those shows & love the Doc's crankiness!
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

It's good to see you are a woman of good taste, Anne !

Martin Clunes, filming Doc Martin.......

Martin Clunes & family preparing Pie...............................

He is a very good actor. If you saw him in "Men behaving badly" - a sitcom, you wouldn't think it was the same man ! He is a natural at comedy and has proved in various documentaries that he has a ready laugh and a very friendly disposition, so it must be quite a challenge for him to play the very stuffed shirt Doc Martin - there must be loads of 'out-takes' :wah: Just shows what a very good actor he is !
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

I thought Doc Martin made shoes or sandals,or some such.
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

It's on PBS here YZGI or any of the streaming services - prime or netflix.

Great comedy! And if you haven't seen the Sherlock on PBS - you don't know what you are missing.
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

YZGI

Post by YZGI »

flopstock;1472098 wrote: It's on PBS here YZGI or any of the streaming services - prime or netflix.

Great comedy! And if you haven't seen the Sherlock on PBS - you don't know what you are missing.

Well, I think I will check them out..
LarsMac

Post by LarsMac »

The Wife and I really enjoyed Doc Martin.

Hope to see more.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

LarsMac;1472104 wrote: The Wife and I really enjoyed Doc Martin.

Hope to see more.

Me too and I was not at all satisfied with how it was left!

gmc

Post by gmc »

They ended up having a kid and getting back together. That was tghe end of it was it not?
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

LarsMac;1472104 wrote: The Wife and I really enjoyed Doc Martin.

Hope to see more.

I think it is an excellent series, so well acted by all. We've not long seen the last episode of this last series, here in the UK, and I'm sure there will be more in the pipeline. What storyline have you just seen? Then maybe I can put your minds at rest. :)

Port Isaac, Cornwall, is the delightful village used as Portwenn in Doc Martin....... and I bet Port Isaac is heaving even more these days with tourists, after the screening of this tremedously popular TV series.

theia

Post by theia »

YZGI;1472095 wrote: I thought Doc Martin made shoes or sandals,or some such.

When I was still working for the NHS, we received a group email message headed up Doc Martin. I didn't open it initially and actually wondered why we were being sent a mail about boots. Later I found out it was asking for "extras" for the show, which is filmed in Cornwall.
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

Lars :thinking: there might be 2 seasons after that ... of course there are only 8 episodes in the seasons..:yh_cry:yh_cry

G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

https://karengilleland.wordpress.com/

One good thing all of us fans are looking forward to in 2015 — Season 7 of “Doc Martin”!

I found this on the above link. Hopefully it is true !
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

I could be wrong, but as I understand it, Sherlock is an interpretation of Forensic Deduction from an Autistic point of view (and by no means do I mean in a mocking way). In fact I often wonder if that was also the intention of Conan Doyle in his original works.

I still believe that it is the older programmes that are the best & will continue to live on as classics, long before the current 'Chart Toppers' are long forgotten (in a year or 2) - Especially those by David Croft & Jimmy Perry.
flopstock

Post by flopstock »

FourPart;1472122 wrote: I could be wrong, but as I understand it, Sherlock is an interpretation of Forensic Deduction from an Autistic point of view (and by no means do I mean in a mocking way). In fact I often wonder if that was also the intention of Conan Doyle in his original works.

I still believe that it is the older programmes that are the best & will continue to live on as classics, long before the current 'Chart Toppers' are long forgotten (in a year or 2) - Especially those by David Croft & Jimmy Perry.

This Sherlock is always correcting folks with "I'm not a Psychopath, I'm a High-functioning Sociopath - Do your research" Watson is played by the Hobbit actor Martin Freeman... he makes this series for me!

FourPart

Post by FourPart »

flopstock;1472149 wrote: This Sherlock is always correcting folks with "I'm not a Psychopath, I'm a High-functioning Sociopath - Do your research" Watson is played by the Hobbit actor Martin Freeman... he makes this series for me!
That sounds like a pretty good description of autism to me.
gmc

Post by gmc »

FourPart;1472122 wrote: I could be wrong, but as I understand it, Sherlock is an interpretation of Forensic Deduction from an Autistic point of view (and by no means do I mean in a mocking way). In fact I often wonder if that was also the intention of Conan Doyle in his original works.

You are indeed wrong, understanding of what autism is is fairly new. Conan doyle based shelock holmes on a real life character doctor joseph bell a lecturer in medicine at edinburgh university - doyle was one of his students. Forensic science started in edinburgh.

Dr. Joseph Bell surgeon, real Sherlock Holmes model, Conan Doyle

Reality is always more interesting than fanciful interpretations
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

FourPart;1472606 wrote: That sounds like a pretty good description of autism to me.

Actually, that would be Aspergers, they are the ones that are 'high functioning' within the autistic spectrum.
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

Betty Boop;1472628 wrote: Actually, that would be Aspergers, they are the ones that are 'high functioning' within the autistic spectrum.
That's actually sounds ather complimentary. :-)

I've been diagnosed as borderline Asbergers myself, and my younger nephew is also Autistic (something I understand tends to run in the family), and he spends all his time in his bedroom (or "Mission Control", as my Brother calls it) building computers & programming them.
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

FourPart;1472652 wrote: That's actually sounds ather complimentary. :-)

I've been diagnosed as borderline Asbergers myself, and my younger nephew is also Autistic (something I understand tends to run in the family), and he spends all his time in his bedroom (or "Mission Control", as my Brother calls it) building computers & programming them.

My eldest is diagnosed with High achieving aspergers.

Return to “General TV Shows”