would you be seen in a zimmer frame

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

jimbo;1122343 wrote: after a few promising days my back took a major turn for the worse yesterday

i spent all afternoon in bed on my meds

today my back is stiff but i feel a spasm is only a wrong move or a careless deep breathe away

sue took the dogs for a walk and i went behind her in a zimmer frame hoping i would not see any that i knew :o

after that someone drove me to the doctors and i had to stand in the zimmer frame for twenty minutes as if i sat down i would not be able to get back up ,every one was staring but i tried not to let it bother me :thinking:

when i went into see the doctor she told me i did not have tonsilitus i had a virus infection and the reason i had a very sore throat was an ulcer an inch across the dangle bit at the back of my throat is just yellow :-5:-5

i cant have any solid food for a few days no i cant have beer for lunch coz of my tablets:-5

when i came back out of the docs like a darlek on steriods on my zimmer i saw afew people i knew and they came over :-5:-5

the doctor said pretty much that my illness is going to get worse a lot worse not bettter.....you guys how would you feel about only being able to get about in a zimmer frame????

my first outing was not so good but i could live with it ..i mean i could pimp up the zimmer frame...a few go faster stripes and some mirrors :sneaky:

You mean a wheelchair? Sorry to hear about your back Jimbo & your virus. Go rest up and get better.;)
Peg

Post by Peg »

If a zimmer frame is what it takes for you to get around better, less painfully, and safer, I say do it. The people that stare can go to he!! because they are not the ones in pain.
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Mr O had a zimmer frame after major surgery and i wanted to use it. They are great for getting instant sympathy from passers by and you can deliberately chop some-one in the back of the legs without getting stabbed.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

jimbo;1122353 wrote: a zimmer frame can take my weight off of my back :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

i saw an old guy with a stick i said i;ll race him in the docs .... sue said dont bother you will easily lose :-5:-5:-5

http://www.clearwellmobility.co.uk/imag ... rww_li.jpg

my one is the delux with the wheels on the front legs

Oh ok...a walker which all the old ladies use round here.:wah:
gmc

Post by gmc »

Get one of those electric wheelchairs old folk use. In the shopping centre near where I live they are lethal. They keep having races with each other up and down the concourse. Not intentionally of course but you see one catching another so they start to speed up and before you know it they're off. You don't hear them coming and they expect everybody to get our the way.
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Peg;1122360 wrote: If a zimmer frame is what it takes for you to get around better, less painfully, and safer, I say do it. The people that stare can go to he!! because they are not the ones in pain.

I agree 100% Peg. Gawd, Jimbo, so what if you have to use a Zimmer ffs - you'll be able to put it away some time soon, they will always look ugly !!!!! :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

By the way have you had X-rays or a scan? Just askin big guy :)

My mum could hardly get about in hospital (she'd been taken there after a fall). They X-rayed her hips etc. but could not find anything untoward. Ten days later, and after constant nagging by myself and other members of the family, (and my mother was getting worse) they decided to do a scan. Lo and behold, she had a hairline fracture of her hip bone ! They immediately changed their tune, and instead of forcing her to excercise on it and walk to the toilet, they were a lot more compassionate. Just shows these things can happen, and go undetected if you are not careful, or persistant.

Here's wishing you as quick a recovery as possible Jim me owd mate ! :-4
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

I didnt understand a word Jimbo. All I could gather was that your tonsils are having back spasms because of a zimmer.

If you werent so English I might be able to help but I just cant work with that.
I AM AWESOME MAN
sunny104

Post by sunny104 »

pimp your zimmer frame! :D
Odie

Post by Odie »

jimbo;1122343 wrote: after a few promising days my back took a major turn for the worse yesterday

today my back is stiff but i feel a spasm is only a wrong move or a careless deep breathe away

sue took the dogs for a walk and i went behind her in a zimmer frame hoping i would not see any that i knew :o

after that someone drove me to the doctors and i had to stand in the zimmer frame for twenty minutes as if i sat down i would not be able to get back up ,every one was staring but i tried not to let it bother me :thinking:

when i went into see the doctor she told me i did not have tonsilitus i had a virus infection and the reason i had a very sore throat was an ulcer an inch across the dangle bit at the back of my throat is just yellow :-5:-5

i cant have any solid food for a few days no i cant have beer for lunch coz of my tablets:-5

when i came back out of the docs like a darlek on steriods on my zimmer i saw afew people i knew and they came over :-5:-5

the doctor said pretty much that my illness is going to get worse a lot worse not bettter.....you guys how would you feel about only being able to get about in a zimmer frame????

my first outing was not so good but i could live with it ..i mean i could pimp up the zimmer frame...a few go faster stripes and some mirrors :sneaky:

not that I can understand all this and what is a zimmer?

something you put over your bald head?:yh_rotfl

and what were the results of your back?
Life is just to short for drama.
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

Odie: Loose translation of Jimbo's article: The throat is bad and going to get worse before it gets better (I think - it could be the back is going to get worse or both). A Zimmer frame is a four legged waist high frame used by the very elderly as a walking stick, and that's the only way Jimbo can get around at the moment. Average speed: glacial. And he's half off his head on medication and fever.

:-1

It's be nice to Jimbo time. Though I appreciate that seems unnatural.
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."
Oscar Namechange

Nomad;1122415 wrote: I didnt understand a word Jimbo. All I could gather was that your tonsils are having back spasms because of a zimmer.

If you werent so English I might be able to help but I just cant work with that.

It's OK Nomad,,,we're British and we don't understand a word he's saying either :wah:
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

eep! Jimbo, I had no idea. Fibromyalgia? Ouch.

Substitute "Fibromyalgia" for "throat" in my interpretation.
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."
Oscar Namechange

gmc;1122402 wrote: Get one of those electric wheelchairs old folk use. In the shopping centre near where I live they are lethal. They keep having races with each other up and down the concourse. Not intentionally of course but you see one catching another so they start to speed up and before you know it they're off. You don't hear them coming and they expect everybody to get our the way.

Under an Oscar Government, these would be made illegal. Where i live, it is intentional. They can deliberately ram into you at 15 mph and get away with it. Most of them here have a statutory west highland terrier sitting in the basket at the front to lull you into a false sense of security.
Odie

Post by Odie »

Clodhopper;1122458 wrote: Odie: Loose translation of Jimbo's article: The throat is bad and going to get worse before it gets better (I think - it could be the back is going to get worse or both). A Zimmer frame is a four legged waist high frame used by the very elderly as a walking stick, and that's the only way Jimbo can get around at the moment. Average speed: glacial. And he's half off his head on medication and fever.

:-1

It's be nice to Jimbo time. Though I appreciate that seems unnatural.

I was nice, just didn't understand everything as some don't here.
Odie

Post by Odie »

jimbo;1122471 wrote: cheers bud i have the bad throat as well as ;)

to be honest most of the time i can live with it no probs though it attacks my knee and feet mostly :confused:

this the first time it has gone on to the back i thought i'd slipped a disc to be honest :thinking:

some people i know with this are totally bedridden all the time so i am a lucky boy really :)

its not fatel and in between attacks life is ok though every day is a fight to keep your spirits up and the tiredness is a bummer

awwwwwww hun, so sorry........... feel better!:-6

I am sending you some help!

OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

today my back is stiff but i feel a spasm is only a wrong move or a careless deep breathe away Tell Suzie to stay away you perv.

sue took the dogs for a walk and i went behind her in a zimmer frame hoping i would not see any that i knew :o See any what, dogs?

my first outing was not so good but i could live with it ..i mean i could pimp up the zimmer frame...a few go faster stripes and some mirrors :sneaky: Don't forget to put some tractor wheels on. A 2.5l Ghia engine would be a nice accessory, too.
Imladris

Post by Imladris »

Jimbo, do you have fibromyalgia? I'm probably missing you telling us this, I have that, if you want to talk any time let me know.
Originally Posted by spot

She is one fit bitch innit, that Immy

Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

jimbo;1122635 wrote: i want to talk about it :thinking::thinking:

I think they've all gone for a shag....er, I mean a drink... or something.
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

jimbo;1122635 wrote: i want to talk about it :thinking::thinking:

Have you looked it up on the net, yet?
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

jimbo;1122642 wrote: you mean immy and spot at the meetup :sneaky::sneaky:

3 women in one spot...
Odie

Post by Odie »

shelbell

Post by shelbell »

Odie;1122477 wrote: awwwwwww hun, so sorry........... feel better!:-6

I am sending you some help!

Just what he needs Odie, get him all excited...that'll help him with his zimmer. :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Odie

Post by Odie »

shelbell;1122724 wrote: Just what he needs Odie, get him all excited...that'll help him with his zimmer. :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

just thought he could use the extra help!:wah::wah:

stop nagging me!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

shelbell

Post by shelbell »

Ok Jimbutt, when I read the title I just thought you spelled zimma wrong! :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

Seriously, those things can really help and if people look at you weird, screw 'em, they don't know what you're going thru. I had to use one for a couple of weeks after my spinal fusion a couple of years ago and know how much it helped. I had an epideral steroid injection Wednesday and had a bad reaction to it and have so much pain in my back and rear that I bought my first old lady cane, so I really understand how you might feel totally stupid using that thing, I know I do and it's something I'll hafta get used to. Thankfully my cane is leopard print and matches my purse and a lot of my clothes!! :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

Hope you feel better soon hun. :-6
shelbell

Post by shelbell »

Odie;1122730 wrote: just thought he could use the extra help!:wah::wah:

stop nagging me!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

Just don't let Suzy see the help you're sending him....she may come after you! :sneaky::yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Odie

Post by Odie »

shelbell;1122737 wrote: Just don't let Suzy see the help you're sending him....she may come after you! :sneaky::yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

who?:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

these fine young ladies will take care of him!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

bend over, it's time for your shot!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

double helix

Post by double helix »

Hey, whatever works to make my life liveable, thats what I say. I have absolutly no self-conciousness. I ams what I ams.

Sorry to hear that your so bad off. I wish only the best pain free moments for you stretching into longer and longer spells of pain free hours.

In the meantime, think of your zimmer as a new fasion statement. :-6cc
Oscar Namechange

Base to Jimbo Base to jimbo Come in jimbo

Spot and co are in London and i am not. Please make contact on FG meet thread asap (or when you get up) (if you get up) (not that i don't want you to get up) (because i do want you to get up) (then your back will be better) (but if you don't contact base, i'll know your not up) (i have to go to bed now as i have been up) (not with my back but Pete's bad chest) (he's not up either) (that's not because he can't get up) (he could get up if he wanted) (because he doesn't have a bad back like you) (are you up yet?)
along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Jimbos condition is much like our economy..........going to "get worse before it gets better." The state of the economy is what it is, but Jimbo's condtion is of major importance to all of us here on the Forum Garden.

Use you "zimmer frame" by all means, Jimbo, if it takes you out of bed for awhile. Who cares who stares?

I hope you are feeling better soon, buddy. Do come visit us often in the Garden..............no "zimmer frame" required. ;)
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Oscar Namechange

jimbo;1123086 wrote: thanks aftr :-6:-6

its getting to me now ,recovery if any is really slow:-5:-5

i seem to be able to get out of bed do 200 yards in my zimmer frame which then kills my back and its back to bed :-5:-5

but i will get better and i have to keep mobile and positive :-6:-6

Have you got pain relief?

After your pain relief has kicked in, that's the time to try to be mobile. Don't over-do, just little steps at a time. Your pain relief should loosen things up and help you move better. Has your GP prescribed muscle relaxants such as Diazapam?
Odie

Post by Odie »

now I know what a zimmer frame is, here, we call them walkers, had to use one myself a while back, they are great Jimbo for support!

but I wish they would make them adjustable, as it killed my back bending down to reach the handles!:-5:-5

zimmer must be english......no wonder I had no idea what it was!:-5:-5

OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

zimmer

nouna light enclosing framework (trade name Zimmer) with rubber castors or wheels and handles; helps invalids or the handicapped or the aged to walk [syn: walker]
Oscar Namechange

jimbo;1123105 wrote: yup :thinking::thinking:

i must be taking 24 tablets a day :thinking::thinking:

if i tripped over i'd sound like a box of twiglets :)

Are they those twig type things covered in marmite that the working class eat? :D:D:D
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

The name Zimmer is of German origin.

This might be of interest depending on what takes your fancy:

The Zimmers, a British geriatric rock band, who released a cover of The Who's My Generation on 28 May 2007

http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=am ... frxzekldfe
Oscar Namechange

Odie;1123127 wrote: now I know what a zimmer frame is, here, we call them walkers, had to use one myself a while back, they are great Jimbo for support!

British people also use them for something to lean on when drunk. :D:D
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

Gimme some twiglets!! I'm working class and I haven't scoffed a whole box of Twiglets for ages.:D
Oscar Namechange

OpenMind;1123165 wrote: Gimme some twiglets!! I'm working class and I haven't scoffed a whole box of Twiglets for ages.:D

You like them????? :confused::confused::confused::confused:
OpenMind

Post by OpenMind »

oscar;1123166 wrote: You like them????? :confused::confused::confused::confused:

At parties I hide them so no one else can find them.
Oscar Namechange

OpenMind;1123168 wrote: At parties I hide them so no one else can find them.

That's sneaky :sneaky::sneaky:

I have heard stories of dentures being broken on those things. :o:o

One prefers a nice Bendicks Mint :D

Return to “General Chit Chat”