What will appear in my skip?

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

I had a skip last year and sure enough we woke on the first morning to find some-one elses rubbish in it. A dirty tiolet seat, cushions and barbed wire to name a few items.

We had another one delivered today and i'm going to sit up all night and wait.................
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

oscar;1181502 wrote: I had a skip last year and sure enough we woke on the first morning to find some-one elses rubbish in it. A dirty tiolet seat, cushions and barbed wire to name a few items.

We had another one delivered today and i'm going to sit up all night and wait.................

I was about to ask what a skip was....a trash can. I inherited a nice one a few months ago as kids from the nearby school dragged it down to our house, etc. It has wheels on it.:)
Oscar Namechange

qsducks;1181505 wrote: I was about to ask what a skip was....a trash can. I inherited a nice one a few months ago as kids from the nearby school dragged it down to our house, etc. It has wheels on it.:) Ours get delivered by lorry as they are quite big. What annoys me is the cost of them.... £150 for a week and then some-one fills it up with their rubbish because they can't be bothered to make a trip to the tip. Last year, Mr O took their rubbish out and dumped it in the road..... it was gone by the next day :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

oscar;1181507 wrote: Ours get delivered by lorry as they are quite big. What annoys me is the cost of them.... £150 for a week and then some-one fills it up with their rubbish because they can't be bothered to make a trip to the tip. Last year, Mr O took their rubbish out and dumped it in the road..... it was gone by the next day :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl I would have dumped it in their yard. Lazy slobs.
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

oscar;1181502 wrote: and i'm going to sit up all night and wait.................Dont forget ye flask....sarnys.....bed socks.....hot water bottle and woolly hat:)
Women are bitchy and predictable ...men are not and that's the key to knowing the truth.
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Carolly;1181525 wrote: Dont forget ye flask....sarnys.....bed socks.....hot water bottle and woolly hat:)

and her laptop & webcam:yh_rotfl
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

qsducks;1181527 wrote: and her laptop & webcam:yh_rotflShe can borrow me Pocket Surfer;)
Women are bitchy and predictable ...men are not and that's the key to knowing the truth.
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Carolly;1181529 wrote: She can borrow me Pocket Surfer;)

Have you figured that contraption out yet?:thinking:
Oscar Namechange

Carolly;1181529 wrote: She can borrow me Pocket Surfer;) You sarkey moo.......:wah: Honestly, you have to guard your skip with your life you know. I'm waiting for the pissed stained mattress to show up.... you always get one of them :yh_rotfl
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

oscar;1181531 wrote: You sarkey moo.......:wah: Honestly, you have to guard your skip with your life you know. I'm waiting for the pissed stained mattress to show up.... you always get one of them :yh_rotfl

Gross! We just had bulk trash pickups again in another section of the boro...so many mattresses I saw...ain't picking through their stuff...as sometimes you can find some good stuff.:wah:
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

oscar;1181531 wrote: You sarkey moo.......:wah: Honestly, you have to guard your skip with your life you know. I'm waiting for the pissed stained mattress to show up.... you always get one of them :yh_rotfl Part of the house burnt down a few years back and of course the builders had to have a skip.....I had it delivered when I was out......upon returning it was full.....but not with my rubbish.....next doors:-5:-5We took it all out and chucked it on their drive.....bloody cheek they had...mind you....alot of good gear has been found in skips ye know;)
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

qsducks;1181534 wrote: Gross! We just had bulk trash pickups again in another section of the boro...so many mattresses I saw...ain't picking through their stuff...as sometimes you can find some good stuff.:wah:
Snap;)
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

qsducks;1181530 wrote: Have you figured that contraption out yet?:thinking:Well posted on the FOC Thread with it on Sunday while I was stuck in a field in the middle of nowhere so getting there and have learnt something else I needed to know about it so Im on me way baby;)
Oscar Namechange

Carolly;1181539 wrote: Part of the house burnt down a few years back and of course the builders had to have a skip.....I had it delivered when I was out......upon returning it was full.....but not with my rubbish.....next doors:-5:-5We took it all out and chucked it on their drive.....bloody cheek they had...mind you....alot of good gear has been found in skips ye know;) I just couldn't do that some-one bearing in mind the cost of hiring one. We always offer the neighbours if they want to use it after us. I don't like folk seeing my rubbish so i put everything in black bags first :wah:
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Carolly;1181539 wrote: Part of the house burnt down a few years back and of course the builders had to have a skip.....I had it delivered when I was out......upon returning it was full.....but not with my rubbish.....next doors:-5:-5We took it all out and chucked it on their drive.....bloody cheek they had...mind you....alot of good gear has been found in skips ye know;)

Good on you babe:wah:. I'm sure they were super embarrassed or not. Idiots!

Carolly;1181542 wrote: Well posted on the FOC Thread with it on Sunday while I was stuck in a field in the middle of nowhere so getting there and have learnt something else I needed to know about it so Im on me way baby;)

Oh cool...I knew you would get it soon enough. Did Chez help you with it or did you just play with it and figure it out?
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

I hope not this....

Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

Why is it that skips get filled with **** stained mattresses. Do these people store them untill a skip becomes available ? The dirty filthy scrote bags.

Fly tipping. thats another one that bugs the living daylights out of me. They always block the farmers field entrances with their rubbish. There is a municiple recycling depot not 5 minutes drive away but they havent got the brains to go there
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Snowfire;1181553 wrote: Why is it that skips get filled with **** stained mattresses. Do these people store them untill a skip becomes available ? The dirty filthy scrote bags.

Fly tipping. thats another one that bugs the living daylights out of me. They always block the farmers field entrances with their rubbish. There is a municiple recycling depot not 5 minutes drive away but they havent got the brains to go there

Their lazy...face it. My neighbs across the street had 5 disgusting mattresses under their deck for 3 yrs before everyone on the street protested:-5, they had rats in their yard...it was utterly disgusting. My fave will always be "how come nobody talks to us" from the mother who lived there:thinking:....duh...cuz nobody wants lice or whatever you f idiot.:wah:
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

qsducks;1181544 wrote: Good on you babe:wah:. I'm sure they were super embarrassed or not. Idiots!

Oh cool...I knew you would get it soon enough. Did Chez help you with it or did you just play with it and figure it out?Well they wernt to happy but tough titty:-5.....I sorted it out on me own Ducky.Im not very good at following instructions so its trial an error....I know you can also get access to your own pc from it but aint figured that out yet and also thats not that important anyway at the mo.Still so much to learn babe but at least I can get online and post....I may be no spring chicken but not ready for the funny farm yet:wah:;)
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

oscar;1181543 wrote: I just couldn't do that some-one bearing in mind the cost of hiring one. We always offer the neighbours if they want to use it after us. I don't like folk seeing my rubbish so i put everything in black bags first :wah:Yer such a snob:wah: guess people just couldnt believe that Oscar also has rubbish;)
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Carolly;1181564 wrote: Well they wernt to happy but tough titty:-5.....I sorted it out on me own Ducky.Im not very good at following instructions so its trial an error....I know you can also get access to your own pc from it but aint figured that out yet and also thats not that important anyway at the mo.Still so much to learn babe but at least I can get online and post....I may be no spring chicken but not ready for the funny farm yet:wah:;)

:rolleyes::rolleyes::yh_rotfl. You sure about that funny farm thingy?
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

qsducks;1181567 wrote: :rolleyes::rolleyes::yh_rotfl. You sure about that funny farm thingy?Er....you could have a point................Mummy:D
Oscar Namechange

Snowfire;1181553 wrote: Why is it that skips get filled with **** stained mattresses. Do these people store them untill a skip becomes available ? The dirty filthy scrote bags.

Fly tipping. thats another one that bugs the living daylights out of me. They always block the farmers field entrances with their rubbish. There is a municiple recycling depot not 5 minutes drive away but they havent got the brains to go there Your right..... they are dirty filthy scroat bags. The tip is a five minute walk from here as well. Also.... more annoying is the council offer a service in which they will take three items for £15 and dispose of them for you. Last time, we found a toilet seat in our skip that frankly, i wouldn't let my cat sit on. My worry is that peeps will walk past and think it's mine :yh_rotfl

Last year, the guy who delivered ours told us that they delivered a skip onto some-one's drive and the next morning they had to replace it because the peeps got up and found it full to the brimm with building rubble..... now that's just mean.

There are peeps who save their filthy toilet seats and pissed stained mattresses just waiting for the day a neighbour gets a skip, I'm sure of it. :wah:
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Carolly;1181568 wrote: Er....you could have a point................Mummy:D

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl cuckoo, cuckoo

oscar;1181570 wrote: Your right..... they are dirty filthy scroat bags. The tip is a five minute walk from here as well. Also.... more annoying is the council offer a service in which they will take three items for £15 and dispose of them for you. Last time, we found a toilet seat in our skip that frankly, i wouldn't let my cat sit on. My worry is that peeps will walk past and think it's mine :yh_rotfl

Last year, the guy who delivered ours told us that they delivered a skip onto some-one's drive and the next morning they had to replace it because the peeps got up and found it full to the brimm with building rubble..... now that's just mean.

There are peeps who save their filthy toilet seats and pissed stained mattresses just waiting for the day a neighbour gets a skip, I'm sure of it. :wah:

Of course peeps wait for a skip to be put around...they are too embarrassed to put the disgusting things in theirs:lips:. I just can't imagine saving those things...pretty gross!:lips:
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

oscar;1181570 wrote: Your right..... they are dirty filthy scroat bags. The tip is a five minute walk from here as well. Also.... more annoying is the council offer a service in which they will take three items for £15 and dispose of them for you. Last time, we found a toilet seat in our skip that frankly, i wouldn't let my cat sit on. My worry is that peeps will walk past and think it's mine :yh_rotfl

In my last house, I was looking out my bedroom window, watching the world saunter by, when a small van drew up on the other side of the road. Two men got out and opened the back doors and pulled out a washing machine. I thought they were delivering it. They then dropped it on the pavement and drove off. I was speechless

Winston Churchill
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Snowfire;1181578 wrote: In my last house, I was looking out my bedroom window, watching the world saunter by, when a small van drew up on the other side of the road. Two men got out and opened the back doors and pulled out a washing machine. I thought they were delivering it. They then dropped it on the pavement and drove off. I was speechless

Wow, that thing would be gone in 2 min flat here dude. Scrappers.:wah:
Oscar Namechange

Snowfire;1181578 wrote: In my last house, I was looking out my bedroom window, watching the world saunter by, when a small van drew up on the other side of the road. Two men got out and opened the back doors and pulled out a washing machine. I thought they were delivering it. They then dropped it on the pavement and drove off. I was speechless
Funny you should say that..... we were driving through quite a posh area of South Glou recently and there on the side of the road was a washing machine !!!!! What a nerve?

These people with the pissed stained mattresses are so embarressed by the state of them that they wait for a near-by skip and then sneak it out under the cover of night.

Perhaps some-one could start the 'Pissed staines mattress disposal company'..... they'd make a fortune :yh_rotfl
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

oscar;1181592 wrote: Funny you should say that..... we were driving through quite a posh area of South Glou recently and there on the side of the road was a washing machine !!!!! What a nerve?

These people with the pissed stained mattresses are so embarressed by the state of them that they wait for a near-by skip and then sneak it out under the cover of night.

Perhaps some-one could start the 'Pissed staines mattress disposal company'..... they'd make a fortune :yh_rotfl

:lips::lips::lips: would anyone with a right mind apply for that job?:-2
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

The darling Oscar keeping watch on her Skip:D

kazalala

Post by kazalala »

oo i like that top:D:yh_rotfl

My daughter was going mad tongiht on the phone to me,,,, one of her neighbours has left an open bin bag full of rubbish rigfht next to the bins:confused: she said it was literally a few feet from the bins so why not put it in the bin??? so dam lazy:-5

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

kazalala;1181630 wrote: oo i like that top:D:yh_rotfl

My daughter was going mad tongiht on the phone to me,,,, one of her neighbours has left an open bin bag full of rubbish rigfht next to the bins:confused: she said it was literally a few feet from the bins so why not put it in the bin??? so dam lazy:-5Oscars lucky it was taken on one of her good days:D...your daughter is a quiet flower like you mate:wah:;)
Oscar Namechange

Carolly;1181635 wrote: Oscars lucky it was taken on one of her good days:D...your daughter is a quiet flower like you mate:wah:;) That's me after

the botox :yh_rotfl Well, it's half past midnight in Blighty and i've checked my skip..... so far nothing but these people with their pissed stained mattresses come along in the twilight hours so i have my flask, web cam, sandwiches and trusty Mulder is coiled like a panther ready to leap out the door at any offender.
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

oscar;1181694 wrote: That's me after

the botox :yh_rotfl Well, it's half past midnight in Blighty and i've checked my skip..... so far nothing but these people with their pissed stained mattresses come along in the twilight hours so i have my flask, web cam, sandwiches and trusty Mulder is coiled like a panther ready to leap out the door at any offender.I couldnt sleep as so worried about ye skip:-3Hope you didnt have to leave yer watching post to go to the loo:thinking:na silly me you would have taken the washing up bowl with you for that:DOh I do love these classy Threads:D:guitarist:guitarist
scholle-kid

Post by scholle-kid »

After reading all 4 pages i am guessing a skip over there is what is called a dumpster over here ,,,

Up in town they have a once a week 'trash pick up day and each residence has it's own trash 'bin' on wheels .

them trash 'bins' on wheels make the best darn live stock feed storage bins known to man. The lids fit tight so the rodents and raccoon's can't get into the feed. They are made from lightweight rubber/plastic and can hold about ten 50 lbs. bags of horse feed or chicken feed only around seven 50 lbs. bags of range cubes or dog food. ,, um mm, so I have heard anyways. ;) ;)
There are no savage and civilised peoples; there are only different cultures.
farmer giles

Post by farmer giles »

i rang the skip people up

i said i'd like a skip outside my house

he said well i'm not stopping you :thinking::thinking:
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

Oscar. If you dont mind, can I pop my grass cuttings round ?

Winston Churchill
Oscar Namechange

Snowfire;1181787 wrote: Oscar. If you dont mind, can I pop my grass cuttings round ? No you can't..... anyway, why can't you dump them in the nearest park late at night like everyone does? :wah:

I awoke this morning to find no visitors or pissed stained mattress in my skip just rain. Perhaps the pissed stained mattress owners are waiting until it's full so they can put them on the top in the hope peeps will think it's mine :-5
Oscar Namechange

scholle-kid;1181768 wrote: After reading all 4 pages i am guessing a skip over there is what is called a dumpster over here ,,,

Up in town they have a once a week 'trash pick up day and each residence has it's own trash 'bin' on wheels .

them trash 'bins' on wheels make the best darn live stock feed storage bins known to man. The lids fit tight so the rodents and raccoon's can't get into the feed. They are made from lightweight rubber/plastic and can hold about ten 50 lbs. bags of horse feed or chicken feed only around seven 50 lbs. bags of range cubes or dog food. ,, um mm, so I have heard anyways. ;) ;) We have wheelie bins here which are good for keeping rodents out for household waste but a skip takes rubble and furnature. Some skips are like a small house here. The reason people dump their waste in a neighbours is the cost. £150 for a week which is alot of money just to get rid of rubbish.

Attached files
Oscar Namechange

Carolly;1181755 wrote: I couldnt sleep as so worried about ye skip:-3Hope you didnt have to leave yer watching post to go to the loo:thinking:na silly me you would have taken the washing up bowl with you for that:DOh I do love these classy Threads:D:guitarist:guitarist You could have come over and kept watch for me while i went to the loo. It was OK as i had my trusty Mulder keeping watch in the garden. I hope you don't use your washing up bowl to pee in cos you eat eels out of them :sneaky:
Hugh Janus

Post by Hugh Janus »

Does anybody remember the episode of "One Foot in the Grave" where Victor Meldrew had a skip delivered? He woke up the next morning and there was a Citroen 2CV in his skip, with a mattress inside it. I think it was one of the funniest episodes ever...
Oscar Namechange

Hugh Janus;1181879 wrote: Does anybody remember the episode of "One Foot in the Grave" where Victor Meldrew had a skip delivered? He woke up the next morning and there was a Citroen 2CV in his skip, with a mattress inside it. I think it was one of the funniest episodes ever... I was looking for the clip on U tube to post here. It was hilarious and i remember it well. When he opened the door of the Citroen in his skip, there was a pissed stained matress inside it :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Oscar Namechange

I checked my skip tonight for the mattress people and i just don't bloody believe it. I have not had anything put in my skip but i've had things taken out...... They are gone. A corner glass cabinet, a telephone table and garden plant stands are missing...... what a liberty !!!!!
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Is this multiple choice...just a wild guess or what ?

Lay down some guidelines.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

oscar;1182495 wrote: I checked my skip tonight for the mattress people and i just don't bloody believe it. I have not had anything put in my skip but i've had things taken out...... They are gone. A corner glass cabinet, a telephone table and garden plant stands are missing...... what a liberty !!!!!But why chuck them when you could have sold all that or even them given it to a Charity. I had alot of Stock here that I just wasnt taking out and selling and I needed the room for fresh stock so I got Woodgreen Animal Shelter round in their Van to take the lot away to Huntingdon to their shop there:D
Oscar Namechange

Nomad;1182498 wrote: Is this multiple choice...just a wild guess or what ?

Lay down some guidelines. Was it you? ...... Have you been in my skip?
Oscar Namechange

Carolly;1182499 wrote: But why chuck them when you could have sold all that or even them given it to a Charity. I had alot of Stock here that I just wasnt taking out and selling and I needed the room for fresh stock so I got Woodgreen Animal Shelter round in their Van to take the lot away to Huntingdon to their shop there:D I never thought :(:( Bugger, i could have done that.
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

oscar;1182502 wrote: I never thought :(:( Bugger, i could have done that.
Do you realise that people pay rights to the Rubbish Tips....meaning they pay a fee and can take away what they want from the Tip in question.A couple of years ago I know someone who was paying a grand a week to a big one but my goodness what they got you just wouldnt believe.Never ceases to amaze me what people throw away and why??
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

oscar;1182500 wrote: Was it you? ...... Have you been in my skip?

I assume this is a garbage can ?

If my finger accidently touches the cat food I surgically scrub my hands.

I assure you Im not a trash digger.

Even if I were trust me I really really dont want to know whats in your trash.

Which reminds me. I was moving and had a 7 foot cactus in a nice pot I gave to a friend and his wife, I was done with it.

Several months later at their house for a bbq they informed the party in my presence they found a used condom in the cactus I gave them.

I still get a nervous twitch thinking about the moment of that announcement.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Oscar Namechange

Carolly;1182505 wrote: Do you realise that people pay rights to the Rubbish Tips....meaning they pay a fee and can take away what they want from the Tip in question.A couple of years ago I know someone who was paying a grand a week to a big one but my goodness what they got you just wouldnt believe.Never ceases to amaze me what people throw away and why?? We live in a throw away materialistic society now. I can remember my mother having kettles and toasters that lasted 20 years and i changed mine because of the colour :rolleyes: We drove a salesman mad yesterday having a disagreement over the colour of a new fridge freezer. I wanted black, he wanted white so we compromised and got the silver one :wah:

I'm doing a big car boot with all the stuff i don't use. I love doing them but i come home with other peoples unwanted stuff :wah:
Oscar Namechange

Nomad;1182509 wrote: I assume this is a garbage can ?

If my finger accidently touches the cat food I surgically scrub my hands.

I assure you Im not a trash digger.

Even if I were trust me I really really dont want to know whats in your trash.

Which reminds me. I was moving and had a 7 foot cactus in a nice pot I gave to a friend and his wife, I was done with it.

Several months later at their house for a bbq they informed the party in my presence they found a used condom in the cactus I gave them.

I still get a nervous twitch thinking about the moment of that announcement. A skip is a big dumpster that they charge £150 for a week. Due to the cost, no-one in Britain gets them until they are desperate and then in the middle of the night your neighbours creep out their houses with their rubbish and dump it in your skip. There has been fights over skips here and is a hanging offence if caught throwing your stained matress in your neighbours skip when they are out.

I don't like cactus and can understand you giving the vicious bugger away. I've never had one with a used condom though. Is there a shop near you that sells them especially? Or do you get free condoms with every cactus you buy?

Return to “General Chit Chat”