Facebook Virgin

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Rapunzel

Facebook Virgin

Post by Rapunzel »

Okay, I know it's virgin on the ridiculous, but I just joined facebook and now I don't know what to do with it. :o

I've befriended some family and friends....but now what? :confused:

Any suggestions??? :rolleyes:

Also...what does 'poke' mean? :sneaky:

How/ where do you find the games? :rolleyes:

Can you send 'presents'? How? :-3

What else do people do with it? :-3

Thanks for any help you can give. :-6
spot

Facebook Virgin

Post by spot »

Ooooh you don't want to be having to do with that, it's evil is Facebook. ForumGarden's bad enough without all the rest of it.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Rapunzel

Facebook Virgin

Post by Rapunzel »

spot;1185860 wrote: Ooooh you don't want to be having to do with that, it's evil is Facebook. ForumGarden's bad enough without all the rest of it.

Fukkk mee! That was a fast reply Spotalicious! :wah:

Why is it evil, oh wise one? :D
kazalala

Facebook Virgin

Post by kazalala »

I dont like it either ,, i was on but deleted my account:thinking:i just couldnt take to it:)

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
kayleneaussie

Facebook Virgin

Post by kayleneaussie »

I love facebook :D
FOC THREAD PART 1
kazalala

Facebook Virgin

Post by kazalala »

kayleneaussie;1185871 wrote: I love facebook :D

Really:thinking:what do you love about it?? i couldnt get away with it at all:thinking:also i didnt like some of the things put on there,,what people are allowed to get away with etc.. spose its like any site or forum some you like some you dont:rolleyes:

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
spot

Facebook Virgin

Post by spot »

Rapunzel;1185863 wrote: Why is it evil, oh wise one? :D

From what I understand it's filled with all those relations who have been mercifully cut off for decades, school bullies wanting another shot at upsetting the world at large and their one-time victims in particular and even MPs ingratiating themselves with their electoral base. You stick to spinning in your tower, young Rapunzel, and don't go talking to any dwarfs.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
kayleneaussie

Facebook Virgin

Post by kayleneaussie »

omggggggggggg SPOT is back :guitarist:guitarist
FOC THREAD PART 1
Ally

Facebook Virgin

Post by Ally »

Rapunzel;1185863 wrote: Fukkk mee! That was a fast reply Spotalicious! :wah:

Why is it evil, oh wise one? :D

dont listen to them im on facebook its great,wots ur name on there ill invite u in,:-6
kayleneaussie

Facebook Virgin

Post by kayleneaussie »

kazalala;1185877 wrote: Really:thinking:what do you love about it?? i couldnt get away with it at all:thinking:also i didnt like some of the things put on there,,what people are allowed to get away with etc.. spose its like any site or forum some you like some you dont:rolleyes:

well all my family from afar are on it.....so good way to keep in contact...the games are good......I dont read the crap peolple go on about and I am careful who i accept for a friend.. I have had no trouble on it.....Ally and I play school vandals on it :sneaky::lips::yh_rotfl
FOC THREAD PART 1
kazalala

Facebook Virgin

Post by kazalala »

kayleneaussie;1185886 wrote: well all my family from afar are on it.....so good way to keep in contact...the games are good......I dont read the crap peolple go on about and I am careful who i accept for a friend.. I have had no trouble on it.....Ally and I play school vandals on it :sneaky::lips::yh_rotfl

oh ok:D like i say,, its just personal preference i think ,, i just use msn to talk to any family or freinds i might not see much:D I remember it did have a lot of games ,,i spose i just didnt get into it really.

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
Betty Boop

Facebook Virgin

Post by Betty Boop »

:eek: excuse me whilst I just pick myself up off the floor, Rapunzel swore! :wah:

I use face book to keep in contact with the people I went to college with who are now at Uni's all over the UK.

I used to like Facebook, but have grown tired of all the dating applications and nutters :rolleyes:
Ally

Facebook Virgin

Post by Ally »

kayleneaussie;1185886 wrote: well all my family from afar are on it.....so good way to keep in contact...the games are good......I dont read the crap peolple go on about and I am careful who i accept for a friend.. I have had no trouble on it.....Ally and I play school vandals on it :sneaky::lips::yh_rotfl

Im with kay u only do wot u want to do on there i keep in toch with my boys overseas and friends i dont see very often.You dont have to accept all the other crap just ignore it.:-6
kazalala

Facebook Virgin

Post by kazalala »

Betty Boop;1185893 wrote: :eek: excuse me whilst I just pick myself up off the floor, Rapunzel swore! :wah:

I use face book to keep in contact with the people I went to college with who are now at Uni's all over the UK.

I used to like Facebook, but have grown tired of all the dating applications and nutters :rolleyes:

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl i noticed that,,, you would think i had never heard a swear word before judging on how shocked i was:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
kazalala

Facebook Virgin

Post by kazalala »

Ally;1185895 wrote: Im with kay u only do wot u want to do on there i keep in toch with my boys overseas and friends i dont see very often.You dont have to accept all the other crap just ignore it.:-6

yea i have heard loads of people use it to keep in touch with people:thinking: i just like msn better ,, you can have a proper convo there i think:thinking:

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
fuzzywuzzy

Facebook Virgin

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Forum garden is the limit of broadcasting myself . that'll do me...................solicitors are waiting to bring up any crunge they can find. face book is a dilly of legal " but you said " stuff . not for me I'm afraid.
Rapunzel

Facebook Virgin

Post by Rapunzel »

kazalala;1185867 wrote: I dont like it either ,, i was on but deleted my account:thinking:i just couldnt take to it:)

Why? :confused:

kayleneaussie;1185871 wrote: I love facebook :D

Yes but why? :confused:

I'm confoozled :-3
Rapunzel

Facebook Virgin

Post by Rapunzel »

spot;1185879 wrote: From what I understand it's filled with all those relations who have been mercifully cut off for decades, school bullies wanting another shot at upsetting the world at large and their one-time victims in particular and even MPs ingratiating themselves with their electoral base. You stick to spinning in your tower, young Rapunzel, and don't go talking to any dwarfs.

:yh_rotfl lmao@spotty :wah:

Yeah, I haven't contacted the ones whom I've thankfully got rid of! :wah:

I wouldn't allow any children from my school in and in fact we've now been warned to have no contact with children from our school or their families, as it has led to complications in the past. :(

It's all very well being in a tower Spotalicious, but there's only so many times a girl can redecorate and washing one's hair is like painting the Forth Bridge (or even the Golden Gate Bridge for that matter :wah:) no sooner does one finish drying/brushing/tonging/moussing/spraying and styling, than one has to start all over again! :yh_rotfl :yh_rotfl :yh_rotfl

Also, the other half, whilst sometimes known as trollslayer, also uses the pseudonym white dwarf :o so one does unfortunately have a dwarf in one's life! :o :wah:

However, fear not, for one doesn't talk to him, one just issues one's orders...and one expects them to be carried out pronto! :yh_rotfl :yh_rotfl :yh_rotfl :yh_rotfl :yh_rotfl

:D
Rapunzel

Facebook Virgin

Post by Rapunzel »

Ally;1185885 wrote: dont listen to them im on facebook its great,wots ur name on there ill invite u in,:-6

I'll pm you if you'll tell me where the games are. :D

Also, is it possible to send good jokes to everyone on your friends list, or do you have to send them to one person at a time? :)
Rapunzel

Facebook Virgin

Post by Rapunzel »

Betty Boop;1185893 wrote: :eek: excuse me whilst I just pick myself up off the floor, Rapunzel swore! :wah:

kazalala;1185896 wrote: :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl i noticed that,,, you would think i had never heard a swear word before judging on how shocked i was:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl I'm laughing but puzzled :-2

I can't believe you're shocked and I'm sure I've let one slip before (good thing you didn't smell it! :yh_rotfl) oops! no, I mean a swear word. hee hee :yh_rotfl

The funny thing is....if that shocked you it's a good thing you're not a fly on the wall in my house! One does tend to use a full range of colloquialisms coined from the Queen's English whilst in one's private tower, don't you know. :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
kazalala

Facebook Virgin

Post by kazalala »

Rapunzel;1185911 wrote: :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl I'm laughing but puzzled :-2

I can't believe you're shocked and I'm sure I've let one slip before (good thing you didn't smell it! :yh_rotfl) oops! no, I mean a swear word. hee hee :yh_rotfl

The funny thing is....if that shocked you it's a good thing you're not a fly on the wall in my house! One does tend to use a full range of colloquialisms coined from the Queen's English whilst in one's private tower, don't you know. :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

:wah:i know! its weird... im not shocked at swear words and hear them and use them quite regular myself:yh_rotflI think it was that we dont really see them here on the forum and you found a way to type it so we could see,,, it was more a sort of funny shocked,,, funny haha not funny peculiar:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
Rapunzel

Facebook Virgin

Post by Rapunzel »

kazalala;1185914 wrote: :wah:i know! its weird... im not shocked at swear words and hear them and use them quite regular myself:yh_rotflI think it was that we dont really see them here on the forum and you found a way to type it so we could see,,, it was more a sort of funny shocked,,, funny haha not funny peculiar:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

:yh_rotfl lmao :yh_rotfl

thanks kaz...great answer :yh_rotfl :yh_rotfl
Ally

Facebook Virgin

Post by Ally »

Rapunzel;1185909 wrote: I'll pm you if you'll tell me where the games are. :D

Also, is it possible to send good jokes to everyone on your friends list, or do you have to send them to one person at a time? :)

great ill wait for ur pm.If u want everyone to see wot ur writing u just post on ur page if u want it private u can pm the poeple u want to see it.Watever u just post on ur page the whole world will see it.Same as here private is private.:-4
Rapunzel

Facebook Virgin

Post by Rapunzel »

Ally;1185917 wrote: great ill wait for ur pm.If u want everyone to see wot ur writing u just post on ur page if u want it private u can pm the poeple u want to see it.Watever u just post on ur page the whole world will see it.Same as here private is private.:-4

Just sent the pm. :) & thanx for the help. :-6

I'm sure I'll figure it out slowly (lt takes me a while to get to grips with stuff, I'm sure I've got undiagnosed ADD! :wah:)
weeder

Facebook Virgin

Post by weeder »

Im on it.. dont know what to do with it either. Invite me to be your friend.
[FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif][/FONT]
Rapunzel

Facebook Virgin

Post by Rapunzel »

weeder;1185934 wrote: Im on it.. dont know what to do with it either. Invite me to be your friend.

I'd love to hunny but it says 'Over 500 Profile matches found.' against your name.

I checked out the first 12 pages but couldn't see you. Can you look for me instead? I don't think anyone else has my name spelt the same way I spell it. Thanks, it would be great to have you on there. :-6
Betty Boop

Facebook Virgin

Post by Betty Boop »

Rapunzel;1185946 wrote: I'd love to hunny but it says 'Over 500 Profile matches found.' against your name.

I checked out the first 12 pages but couldn't see you. Can you look for me instead? I don't think anyone else has my name spelt the same way I spell it. Thanks, it would be great to have you on there. :-6

For your own safety guys please don't put your names up on here! :)
weeder

Facebook Virgin

Post by weeder »

500 of my name?? I will look for you. But there has to be another way to find someone. I will ask my sons. They are always on facebook.

Sorry about the name error... I dont know what I was thinking. Id better not drink, next I will be putting up my social security number:wah:
[FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif][/FONT]
WonderWendy3

Facebook Virgin

Post by WonderWendy3 »

I was on facebook for about a year before I figured out how much fun it can be. I am afraid that I am one of those people that Spot warned you about....I've found old school friends, including my "heart-throb- Rob"....I haven't laid eyes on this guy for over 23 years...was goo goo gah gah over him back in the day and guess what.....well, we are good friends while he goes through a really nasty divorce!

There are family members and friends on there for me to catch up and keep caught up with too, just today I watched a video of my cousin's baby dancing in his walker type thinga-ma-bobber!---it was AWESOME!

To each his own--and I like facebook nowadays, I also keep in touch with some of my fg buddies on there to....for instance: today (May 9) is Pinky's b-day!! :-4
Ally

Facebook Virgin

Post by Ally »

Rapunzel;1185946 wrote: I'd love to hunny but it says 'Over 500 Profile matches found.' against your name.

rapunzal i put ur name in,and spelt it the way u did but go no matches.Will keep trying.:-3
Ally

Facebook Virgin

Post by Ally »

weeder;1186031 wrote: 500 of my name?? I will look for you. But there has to be another way to find someone. I will ask my sons. They are always on facebook.

Sorry about the name error... I dont know what I was thinking. Id better not drink, next I will be putting up my social security number:wah:

I just added rapunzal,to my facebook but as she said there are 500 names for u.Can u pm me or rapunzal something that would help pick u out.lol:-4

Return to “General Chit Chat”