New discovery

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
hoppy

New discovery

Post by hoppy »

I've just discovered oatmeal beer. No sh!t. Some is brewed in London and elsewhere. Some on Colorado. If I'm not posting this summer it will be because I'm on a mission. A mission to taste test 'em all.:D:D
gmc

New discovery

Post by gmc »

hoppy;1199404 wrote: I've just discovered oatmeal beer. No sh!t. Some is brewed in London and elsewhere. Some on Colorado. If I'm not posting this summer it will be because I'm on a mission. A mission to taste test 'em all.:D:D

Try wheat beer as well if you see it.
hoppy

New discovery

Post by hoppy »

gmc;1199445 wrote: Try wheat beer as well if you see it.

Thanks, but I already tried wheat beer. Mexican, japanese, German and Czech beers. Not all but as many as I could. So far I haven't found a bad beer but my sons told me I would if I tasted French beer.
Odie

New discovery

Post by Odie »

hoppy;1199404 wrote: I've just discovered oatmeal beer. No sh!t. Some is brewed in London and elsewhere. Some on Colorado. If I'm not posting this summer it will be because I'm on a mission. A mission to taste test 'em all.:D:D

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhnoooooooooooooooooo!:yh_rotfl
Life is just to short for drama.
Bill Sikes

New discovery

Post by Bill Sikes »

hoppy;1199486 wrote: So far I haven't found a bad beer but my sons told me I would if I tasted French beer.

Some Fr3nch beer is sort-of OK, but of course none of it can hold a candle to good British beer.
minks

New discovery

Post by minks »

Hmm not ever seen an oatmeal beer round these parts. Have to say I enjoy a good raspberry beer yummy.

I too like a good wheat beer as well. Quite popular here.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
gmc

New discovery

Post by gmc »

Bill Sikes;1199498 wrote: Some Fr3nch beer is sort-of OK, but of course none of it can hold a candle to good British beer.

Can't say I agree with you there britisg=h beer isn't that great and scots beer used to be foul. Why do you think continental beers are so popular it's cause they are better. I think if I lived in germany or austria I would a much bigger person cos of the beer drinking.

Mind you i remember when if you ordered a lager people thought you were queer and stella artois was a real posers beer much favoured by the limp wristed. I found that out by accident-I won't bore you with the details but i take better note of my surroundings now and watch what kind of pub I'm in.

Anyway hoppy. thanks to you putting the idea in my head I'm away to open a hoegaarden or two
Chockygirl

New discovery

Post by Chockygirl »

Hoppy,have you tried any Aussie beers?

Bill Sikes

New discovery

Post by Bill Sikes »

gmc;1199694 wrote: Can't say I agree with you there britisg=h beer isn't that great and scots beer used to be foul.

Scots beer *is* British. I have drunk some of it, and was quite impressed by a black beer which (possibly) could've been used as a wood preservative, or as a drink. Needless to say, I can't remember what it was. Some "heather ale", one or the very few drinks available which really *is* ale (not beer) is also very pleasant, although expensive to get a skinful of.

gmc;1199694 wrote: Why do you think continental beers are so popular it's cause they are better.

Fashion. Hype. Marketing. Some are also actually OK, notable exceptions being Leffe Blonde and such, which are absolutely revolting, and stuff with fruit in it, which are quite abominable. Some that are really, really good include some Schwarzbier, which is hard to find here, unfortunately

gmc;1199694 wrote: Anyway hoppy. thanks to you putting the idea in my head I'm away to open a hoegaarden or two

For what it is, it's a bit "hot". Used to be available in pubs from a silly great white & gold dispenser. I wouldn't tip it away, though.
minks

New discovery

Post by minks »

Chockygirl;1199705 wrote:

Good lord I had no idea Corona was an aussie beer... snigger snigger.... if memory serves me right it is a mexican beer.

And stella is from ummmmmm is a Belgian Beer yes????

But I must say Choc they all look lovely hehehehehe

― Mae West
minks

New discovery

Post by minks »

Oh boy have I got a British Beer story for you guys.... Spot can fill you in on the details...

On my visit to London on about day 2 or 3 Spot rounded us up and took us to some pub and promised me a great beer. I was pretty stoked because as everybody knows I love a great beer. Well as we all know Spot is the greatest Bull Sitter here on FG (no offence Spotty ya knows I loves ya) and he goes off and orders me some kind of pale beer. Well keep in mind this was near the days end and I was happy for a cool one, and also keep in mind I am Canadian, we like our beer Darn Cold. Spot hands me the beer, I quickly take a drink and darn near had it come out of my nose, as it was.... WARM.... OMG you never serve warm beer to a Canuck!!!!!

I know Spot still laughs about this. :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

― Mae West
Snowfire

New discovery

Post by Snowfire »

After a visit to Bruges I just love Belgian beer. Its nice and strong too. I like the fact that they resist selling you Stella, telling you to try the others and Boy ! did I ? You dont need too many to put a grin on your face
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
minks

New discovery

Post by minks »

Snowfire;1199729 wrote: After a visit to Bruges I just love Belgian beer. Its nice and strong too. I like the fact that they resist selling you Stella, telling you to try the others and Boy ! did I ? You dont need too many to put a grin on your face

I am going to try to find a good beer house in Amsterdam while stopped over there mmmmm can't wait

― Mae West
Chookie

New discovery

Post by Chookie »

Bill Sikes;1199498 wrote: ..................British beer.
Purleese. There ain't any such thing. Your basic English beer should be left in the diabetic horse which produced, Welsh beer should be returned to the original cat, and mass produced Scottish beer is only fit for sale to tourists (who know no better).

Try Zeitgeist - it's a black lager and that's all I'm telling you.............
An ye harm none, do what ye will....
minks

New discovery

Post by minks »

Chookie;1199734 wrote: Purleese. There ain't any such thing. Your basic English beer should be left in the diabetic horse which produced, Welsh beer should be returned to the original cat, and mass produced Scottish beer is only fit for sale to tourists (who know no better).

Try Zeitgeist - it's a black lager and that's all I'm telling you.............

oooooooooo that sounds good ... Dang I had a real good stout on the weekend but darned if I remember what it was... ugh I need to drink less and pay attention more.

I don't think I can get Zeitgeist here but maybe I can special order it in... "note to self look into this"

― Mae West
mominiowa

New discovery

Post by mominiowa »

I'll pick u up n we'll drive to Colorado..We will sit in Golden for a spell...OR LONGER!!! Woooo Hoooo!!!:driving::yh_rotfl

~~The Family~~

Happiness is knowing where you come from...

Who you are...

And why you are here.....
Bill Sikes

New discovery

Post by Bill Sikes »

minks;1199719 wrote: Good lord I had no idea ... was an aussie beer

"Brewed under licence", perhaps.
minks

New discovery

Post by minks »

Bill Sikes;1199767 wrote: "Brewed under licence", perhaps.

yeah perhaps eh.

― Mae West
Bill Sikes

New discovery

Post by Bill Sikes »

minks;1199722 wrote: I quickly take a drink (of beer) and darn near had it come out of my nose, as it was.... WARM yh_rotfl

Not warm; just not very cold. I have had aome American beer at civilised temperature, and it was almost unpleasant.
minks

New discovery

Post by minks »

Bill Sikes;1199769 wrote: Not warm; just not very cold. I have had aome American beer at civilised temperature, and it was almost unpleasant.

Oh good lord yes warmed american beer is wretched....(american beer, canadian beer we lump them together meaning north american beer) They become swill unfit for human consumption when warmed.

Oh I have to tell you we have a can here that has mountains on it and they are a temp guage. Yep on the Coors Light can if the mountains are blue the beer is ice cold, and as the beer warms up the color changes... we are that crazed about our ice cold beer.

― Mae West
Bill Sikes

New discovery

Post by Bill Sikes »

Chookie;1199734 wrote: Try Zeitgeist - it's a black lager and that's all I'm telling you.............

What is that if it isn't British?
hoppy

New discovery

Post by hoppy »

Chockygirl;1199705 wrote:

Just lots of Fosters.
hoppy

New discovery

Post by hoppy »

mominiowa;1199747 wrote: I'll pick u up n we'll drive to Colorado..We will sit in Golden for a spell...OR LONGER!!! Woooo Hoooo!!!:driving::yh_rotfl

Sounds like a good plan.
Snowfire

New discovery

Post by Snowfire »

hoppy;1199781 wrote: Just lots of Fosters.

Fosters is pigs drizzle. Dreadful stuff
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
qsducks

New discovery

Post by qsducks »

Snowfire;1200574 wrote: Fosters is pigs drizzle. Dreadful stuff

No dreadful is Milwaukee Light or Bud Light:wah:

Return to “General Chit Chat”