What a night.

How's your day going? Are you having a great work day - or - a horrible one? Got complaints about your boss? Your co-workers? Your spouse or friends? This is the place to let it hang out.
Olliey2k

What a night.

Post by Olliey2k »

:-5

A friend of mine had a bit of a gathering lastnight, so i decided to go along as i had not seen many of these guys for months, thought it would be nice to catch up.

So, i turn up after getting myself ready with a couple of beers to lighten up a bit. Open up the door, and standing there is my ex girlfriend. I've not spoken to her since we split up almost a year ago now, we had been dating for 4 1/2 years.

It was such a shock, i didn't know what to say, where to look. So instead of doing what i should have done and politely said hello and got on with seeing the others, i got really frustrated. Said i couldn't belive that my so-called mates had invited her along, knowing full well how devestated i would be.

I ended up making a complete idiot of myself and walking out cursing :-5

This girl was my life for such a long time and she broke my heart when we split up, it wasn't a mutual thing, she slept with some random guy, and i had never forgiven her.

How would you have reacted?
pink princess

What a night.

Post by pink princess »

probably wouldnt have walked out cursing but i would have done much the same

got really angry which was really masking how upset i was....

then regretted my behaviour....
life is what you make it

my boyfriend just proposed to me (05/05/05) and im blissfully happy!! :-4 im engaged!! i have a fiance!! :-4

um..... well thats a bit out of date! im married now! and married life is the best thing in the entire world! with my husband by side my life is complete

:-4
chonsigirl

What a night.

Post by chonsigirl »

Oh, that is so sad. Don't think you made a fool of yourself, but walking out was a good idea-those aren't very nice friends to have invited her knowing your feelings. They should have warned you. Next time you throw a party, don't invite them!
chrisb84uk

What a night.

Post by chrisb84uk »

Olliey2k wrote: :-5

A friend of mine had a bit of a gathering lastnight, so i decided to go along as i had not seen many of these guys for months, thought it would be nice to catch up.

So, i turn up after getting myself ready with a couple of beers to lighten up a bit. Open up the door, and standing there is my ex girlfriend. I've not spoken to her since we split up almost a year ago now, we had been dating for 4 1/2 years.

It was such a shock, i didn't know what to say, where to look. So instead of doing what i should have done and politely said hello and got on with seeing the others, i got really frustrated. Said i couldn't belive that my so-called mates had invited her along, knowing full well how devestated i would be.

This girl was my life for such a long time and she broke my heart when we split up, it wasn't a mutual thing, she slept with some random guy, and i had never forgiven her.

Hard to tell Olliey, I personally would probably have just said hello and got on with it, but there is nothing against what u did. Just don't let it eat u away inside, get on with your life and try and move on.
pink princess

What a night.

Post by pink princess »

theres nothign you can do about it now.... so dont worry about it, ure friends will get over it and hopefully you wont run into her again.... if you do then you can sorry (if you feel like it)

bumping into exs etc is always tough. i was doing my food shoping the other week walked round the corner and theres by exes parents... who i hadnt seen in about 2 yrs.... that was awkward!
life is what you make it

my boyfriend just proposed to me (05/05/05) and im blissfully happy!! :-4 im engaged!! i have a fiance!! :-4

um..... well thats a bit out of date! im married now! and married life is the best thing in the entire world! with my husband by side my life is complete

:-4
Olliey2k

What a night.

Post by Olliey2k »

That's probably what i should have done, but when this girl has been your everything for almost 5 years, and you have just about gotten over the heartache of not being with her anymore, it was just a bit too much for me to say "Nice to see you" and ignore her for the rest of the evening :-3

I do agree that i reacted way over the top though, the one hosting the party is a good friend of mine, and was a good friend of her's too, i've no idea if she even knew that my ex was coming :( She's not the sort of person to stich me up like that.

EDIT: Hehe Pink, luckily i've not had the misfortune of bumping into her parents yet :p
actionfigurestepho

What a night.

Post by actionfigurestepho »

Ollie, I don't blame you for walking out one bit. Better to walk out in the beginning than to say or do something later in the night than you would regret. You have every right to read your friends the riot act for inviting her. Not very sensitive at all.
Nuthrday

What a night.

Post by Nuthrday »

Just from your description it sounds like you know what the best thing would have been to do! But you were taken by surprise big time. I think it's totally understandable and just maybe some of your buds owe you an apology for putting you on the spot like that. You tell them you're sorry for making a scene, but they owe you one too I think.
DadinIowa

What a night.

Post by DadinIowa »

Olliey2k wrote: :-5

that is creepy. i am going to make sure that wolverine sees this.

i think you and he should talk. some similar stuff going on.
Olliey2k

What a night.

Post by Olliey2k »

Thanks for the replies guys :) Your all so helpful :-4

I spoke to the girl that was hosting and she said she had no idea my ex was turning up, she tagged along with another friend of her's, she had no idea i was going to be there either.

I think it was pretty much just a big misunderstanding. My friends were really appologetic today, and same applies for me, which made me feel alot better.

As for my ex: :yh_loser

Thanks again everyone! Glad i made it up with my friends, now onto forgetting all about her again :-5

Return to “Welcome To My Day!”