Halfway down the stairs is where I like to sit...

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Rapunzel

Post by Rapunzel »

(I couldn't think of an interesting title and 'Halfway through the year is where I like to sit' ... just sounded stoopid) :thinking:

I can't remember who it was, but someone used to comment on the month and where we were in the year. So as it's 10 minutes before July 4th (GMT) and as this should have been posted 3 (nearly 4) days ago, I'll continue their commentary and say that we're now into July. It's now less than 6 months to Christmas! :eek:

Do you remember what your New Years Resolutions were and have you kept them up? :sneaky:

Have you done any of the things you planned to do this year yet? :sneaky:

Have you started to buy Christmas presents? :lips: :wah:

How has your 1st half of 2009 gone?

How would you like the rest of it to go?

Can you believe we're already halfway through the year??? :eek: :lips:
SuzyB

Post by SuzyB »

Rapunzel;1212922 wrote: (I couldn't think of an interesting title and 'Halfway through the year is where I like to sit' ... just sounded stoopid) :thinking:

I can't remember who it was, but someone used to comment on the month and where we were in the year. So as it's 10 minutes before July 4th (GMT) and as this should have been posted 3 (nearly 4) days ago, I'll continue their commentary and say that we're now into July. It's now less than 6 months to Christmas! :eek:

Do you remember what your New Years Resolutions were and have you kept them up? :sneaky:

Hi Rap :-6

In reply to your questions, I never ever make new years resolutions as I know I never ever stick to them :o No point in dissapointing myself on the 1st day of the new year!

I never seem to plan anything, we just seem to take things as they come, the only thing that I do plan is our holiday and we will be going in 27 days :guitarist

Just to make me seem even more unorganised I buy pressies a week before Xmas, mainly because the kids dont know what they want til then.

My good points for the year are that my Mum is still in remission for both cancers, I have had surgery and am here to tell the tale and everyone apart from aches and pains is healthy. If the rest of the year could follow that I'd be happy :-6

Next year is going to be a busy one though because we are moving house, got a lovely house but it has subsidence so we wont move before Xmas, I am trying my hardest to lose weight without surgery, so once I have done that Jim and I will get married, so I have lots of things to look forward to.

How about you? x
I am nobody..nobody is perfect...therefore I must be Perfect!

Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

Rapunzel;1212922 wrote: (I couldn't think of an interesting title and 'Halfway through the year is where I like to sit' ... just sounded stoopid) :thinking:

:thinking: I thought I'd find Kermit the Frog here :yh_rotfl

Don't make New Years Resolutions.

I got to the end of my first year at uni. I'm just getting my lad through to the end of term at school, then the preparation begins for him starting secondary.

NO, I haven't even given Christmas a thought and don't want to!

First half has been pretty good thanks.

Second half will be even better :-6
along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Hey Rapunzel and SuzyB and Betty! :)

No New Year resolutions for me either. I'm not concerned about buying Christmas presents until after Thanksgiving.

To me the time does go by fast. The year being half over already is almost unbelievable. :wah:

Attached files
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
SuzyB

Post by SuzyB »

along-for-the-ride;1212948 wrote: Hey Rapunzel and SuzyB and Betty! :)

No New Year resolutions for me either. I'm not concerned about buying Christmas presents until after Thanksgiving.

To me the time does go by fast. The year being half over already is almost unbelievable. :wah:

Hi ya nice to see you, hope life is treating you well on your travels :-4
I am nobody..nobody is perfect...therefore I must be Perfect!

Rapunzel

Post by Rapunzel »

SuzyB;1212926 wrote: Hi Rap :-6

In reply to your questions, I never ever make new years resolutions as I know I never ever stick to them :o No point in dissapointing myself on the 1st day of the new year!

I never seem to plan anything, we just seem to take things as they come, the only thing that I do plan is our holiday and we will be going in 27 days :guitarist

Just to make me seem even more unorganised I buy pressies a week before Xmas, mainly because the kids dont know what they want til then.

My good points for the year are that my Mum is still in remission for both cancers, I have had surgery and am here to tell the tale and everyone apart from aches and pains is healthy. If the rest of the year could follow that I'd be happy :-6

Next year is going to be a busy one though because we are moving house, got a lovely house but it has subsidence so we wont move before Xmas, I am trying my hardest to lose weight without surgery, so once I have done that Jim and I will get married, so I have lots of things to look forward to.

How about you? x

Hiya Suzy, :)

I usually start buying pressies about April but this year my son wants a laptop for college and my daughter will need one when she starts college in September. So I was thinking of buying them a small laptop each, they're not too expensive in Curry's, but then they wouldn't get anything else, whereas normally they have lots of 'little' pressies. At the moment we all fight for our turn on the 'puter ... and they get more turns than us! :wah:

I'm glad you and your mum are both well and hope you both continue to improve. :-4 :-6

We are trying to move house to, but in our case it's because the neighbours are slowly driving us insane. :-5 (Or should I say, more insane!) :wah: Fingers crossed that works out well for both of us. ;) :)

How are you losing weight? Do you belong to weightwatchers or slimming world etc, or are you trying to do it on your own? Do you have any good recipes to share? :)

Have you and Jim got any dates in mind for a wedding? How long have you two been together? Where would you like to get married, in a church or at a venue eg, in a hotel etc. My best friend got married a little while ago and she married in an old barn which has been converted especially for weddings and other ceremonies. We all dressed up in medieval garb and ate roast hog! It was a fabulous party! Her hubby had been in the navy and belongs to a rugby team so there were lots of hunky sailors and rugger types! VERY nice eye-candy! ;) :D

Where are you going for your holiday? I hope you have a lovely time and bring back lots of piccies. :-6 Hugs, Rap. xx :-6
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Halfway through the year....

I got to stay at my school, and not go to another. :)

I got to go to the beach this week. :-6

And home to see family in two weeks, and booked a turn around flight for the week after Christmas. I will have a grandchild by then to see. :-4

I continue with TKD, and am amazed it suited me so well. I should be a brown belt next week, if I passed the test last week. :)

I made no New Year Resolution, but resolved to be more diligent in some things. I will resume my writing research this summer, and continue on.

I think at this past the half-way mark in my life, I am going to enjoy life a little more. I work too much all year long, and will figure out how to do this more during the school year.
Rapunzel

Post by Rapunzel »

Betty Boop;1212947 wrote: :thinking: I thought I'd find Kermit the Frog here :yh_rotfl

I think I'm more like Fozzie Bear.....thick but cuddly. ;) :D :wah:

Hiya Betty, congrats on getting through your first year of Uni. :-6

It must be hard doing that and preparing your son for Secondary School. Kudos to you. :) I found it really hard to do uni work when my kids were small. I wished I'd had the chance to go years ago when I was free and single and could have had the fun side of uni life too. And it would have been free then too. :-5 It's hard work when you're a parent too so well done you for working so hard and sticking with it and I'm glad you're enjoying it too. I know how hard it can be and I think you're a star! :yh_star

BTW Have you any ideas on what your dissertation will be about yet?
Rapunzel

Post by Rapunzel »

along-for-the-ride;1212948 wrote: To me the time does go by fast. The year being half over already is almost unbelievable. :wah:

Hiya AFTR, hope you're well and yes, I know what you mean. They say life is like a toilet roll....it goes faster the closer you get to the end! :wah: Cute pic btw. ;) :)
Rapunzel

Post by Rapunzel »

chonsigirl;1212956 wrote: Halfway through the year....

I got to stay at my school, and not go to another. :)

I got to go to the beach this week. :-6

And home to see family in two weeks, and booked a turn around flight for the week after Christmas. I will have a grandchild by then to see. :-4

I continue with TKD, and am amazed it suited me so well. I should be a brown belt next week, if I passed the test last week. :)

I made no New Year Resolution, but resolved to be more diligent in some things. I will resume my writing research this summer, and continue on.

I think at this past the half-way mark in my life, I am going to enjoy life a little more. I work too much all year long, and will figure out how to do this more during the school year.

I'm glad you got to stay at your school. :) It's hard knowing you might have to leave. Sadly, the school I'm at has a very low intake of pupils next year and so they cannot support me in next year's budget. :( I was the last one employed, so I have to leave. :( I had an interview at the local college this week, so *fingers crossed* I'll get a job there. Otherwise I'll have to travel into one of the larger towns which means 2 hours on the bus each day. :-5

How precious to have a grandchild at Christmas. :) Congratulations! That is something to really look forward to. :-4 :-6

Good luck with TKD, you're doing amazingly well. :-6

What writing research do you do? You fit so much into your time you must barely have a moment to spare. Take care of yourself too. How is your hubby? I hope he is well and continues to improve. :-6
Peg

Post by Peg »

Do you remember what your New Years Resolutions were and have you kept them up? Didn't make any.

Have you done any of the things you planned to do this year yet? Didn't plan anything so yes. :wah:

Have you started to buy Christmas presents? No.

How has your 1st half of 2009 gone?Could be better; could've been worse.

How would you like the rest of it to go?I would hope for wonderful.

Can you believe we're already halfway through the year???I always laughed when my mother said the older you get the faster time goes. I'm not laughing now.
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

My husband does pretty good. He went to the beach with me, and was able to go out to dinner each night. :) He has a nurse during the school year, but in the summer I can be home with him, it is nice.

I write historical stuff, and I need to write more of it. So I am trying how to figure out how to carve out time during the school year for some writing. My poetry does well, but then I feel like I'm goofing around when I write that and not the other. :wah:
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Full of surprises and letdowns and new beginnings followed by frustration peppered with moments of serendipity colored by unexpected bouts of clarity and vision that lead to even more unexpected opportunities. Defeat, success, failure and a couple of good wins. Changes I couldnt have imagined and a more detailed understanding of perplexing human behaviors I couldnt comprehended before.
I AM AWESOME MAN
Rapunzel

Post by Rapunzel »

Nomad;1213012 wrote: Full of surprises and letdowns and new beginnings followed by frustration peppered with moments of serendipity colored by unexpected bouts of clarity and vision that lead to even more unexpected opportunities. Defeat, success, failure and a couple of good wins. Changes I couldnt have imagined and a more detailed understanding of perplexing human behaviors I couldnt comprehended before.

So that's good then, huh? :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

Rapunzel;1212963 wrote: I think I'm more like Fozzie Bear.....thick but cuddly. ;) :D :wah:

Hiya Betty, congrats on getting through your first year of Uni. :-6

It must be hard doing that and preparing your son for Secondary School. Kudos to you. :) I found it really hard to do uni work when my kids were small. I wished I'd had the chance to go years ago when I was free and single and could have had the fun side of uni life too. And it would have been free then too. :-5 It's hard work when you're a parent too so well done you for working so hard and sticking with it and I'm glad you're enjoying it too. I know how hard it can be and I think you're a star! :yh_star

BTW Have you any ideas on what your dissertation will be about yet?

YouTube - Muppet Show. Robin the Frog - Halfway Down the Stairs s01e10

It was Robin, knew it had something to do with the Muppets, that's what made me think of Kermit :wah:

It's been a challenging first year for sure and have contemplated quitting many times.

No set idea's for my dissertation yet, just a few loose ideas floating around upstairs that need pinning down.
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Rapunzel;1213028 wrote: So that's good then, huh? :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

Yea actually. I think it is.
I AM AWESOME MAN
pinkchick

Post by pinkchick »

I try not to make resolutions because I don't usually keep them.

The one major thing I had planned for this year seems tp be going to plan :D

Yes .... I bought my first Christmas gift 4 weeks agp :D:p

The end of 2008 and beginning of 2009 was shakey ... A few of my friends passed away.

All in all 2009 has been a good year for me and I hope it continues that way.

As a very dear friend keeps telling me, I have fish to fry :D:D:D
Very nearly perfect ... :D
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

pinkchick;1213047 wrote: I try not to make resolutions because I don't usually keep them.

The one major thing I had planned for this year seems tp be going to plan :D

Yes .... I bought my first Christmas gift 4 weeks agp :D:p

The end of 2008 and beginning of 2009 was shakey ... A few of my friends passed away.

All in all 2009 has been a good year for me and I hope it continues that way.

As a very dear friend keeps telling me, I have fish to fry :D:D:D

Your dream of becoming a fish monger is near.
I AM AWESOME MAN
pinkchick

Post by pinkchick »

Nomad;1213049 wrote: Your dream of becoming a fish monger is near.

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl :p
Very nearly perfect ... :D

Return to “General Chit Chat”