Taking time off

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
mrsK

Taking time off

Post by mrsK »

It will be great to see you when you are back posting again:-6
It's nice to be important,but more important to be nice.
Bryn Mawr

Taking time off

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Rapunzel;1236057 wrote: OK, not being funny but this is a difficult one.

I know someone who feels that one or two mods are out to get him/her whatever he/she says.

He/She is quite upset about something a mod said and something a friend of a mod said.

What the friend said, I was completely shocked by and said they should report it.

This person refused because they feel the mod (above) will just punish them for daring to complain.

It's not my place to tell you how this person feels or who this person is.

If you laid it on the line to this person and allowed them to speak freely about how they feel, without the threat of infraction or ban over their heads, then maybe they could talk to you or another mod and sort it out.

Condemn us for what we do - not for what someone says that their worried we might do.

If a Mod started trying to infract people through personal animosity then they would get jumped on so quickly that you wouldn't see them for the dust.

The Mods try their hardest to keep the peace without resorting to violence except as last resort - the odd slapped wrist never hurt anybody but can sometimes make a member think before posting.

What we cannot do, by strict decree, is discuss what we have done or why which sometimes leads to certain members getting half a story and adding two plus two to make fifty and a tale of malice and chicanery.
along-for-the-ride

Taking time off

Post by along-for-the-ride »

"When I started posting here again, a mess of people told me how happy they were that I was back. Yet the whole time I was gone, not a one ever bothered to contact me to see why I left or to just say hi." RedGlitter

I did miss you, RG..........as I miss a few of my other FG friends who no longer or seldom post. Why you leave for awhile is your business...We all have other interests, and obligations in the Real World......and sometimes we just want some "away" time. We just hoped that you would come back one day...........and you did. :)
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Kathy Ellen

Taking time off

Post by Kathy Ellen »

RedGlitter;1235980 wrote:

To both you and Rapunzel. if you two feel unwelcome, consider this. I am about as desired here as a venereal disease. When I started posting here again, a mess of people told me how happy they were that I was back. Yet the whole time I was gone, not a one ever bothered to contact me to see why I left or to just say hi. There are a mess of other good solid members who have split and that is to FG's considerable loss. We used to have actual discussions around here. I have hope because I saw some good ones yesterday so maybe....if someone doesn't run those new members off too.

Hi Terri,

I did contact you a few times through pm's and 1 email to let you know how much I would miss you not posting as much here in FG. You were missed greatly by a lot of members, but it was your choice to take a break.

It was sad to see you leave, and I'm happy that you've returned and hope

you don't leave again.:-6
qsducks

Taking time off

Post by qsducks »

Kathy Ellen;1236233 wrote: [quote=RedGlitter;1235980]

To both you and Rapunzel. if you two feel unwelcome, consider this. I am about as desired here as a venereal disease. When I started posting here again, a mess of people told me how happy they were that I was back. Yet the whole time I was gone, not a one ever bothered to contact me to see why I left or to just say hi. There are a mess of other good solid members who have split and that is to FG's considerable loss. We used to have actual discussions around here. I have hope because I saw some good ones yesterday so maybe....if someone doesn't run those new members off too.

Hi Terri,

I did contact you a few times through pm's and 1 email to let you know how much I would miss you not posting as much here in FG. You were missed greatly by a lot of members, but it was your choice to take a break.

It was sad to see you leave, and I'm happy that you've returned and hope

you don't leave again.:-6

Hey Terri, yes I did contact you also & found you on another forum....yes there are some peeps here who are a venereal disease but your not one of them imo. And yes some mods do take it to their heads that they feel like they are gods...I know for a fact that one has it in for me...no names...
qsducks

Taking time off

Post by qsducks »

Rapunzel;1236080 wrote: Thankyou, I'm really really touched by that. :-4 :-6

And I didn't know how to contact Red either. :(

She's also a member of another forum & I've got her em addy...but would have to get permission to give it to you Rap. Hope you don't mind.:)
Odie

Taking time off

Post by Odie »

qsducks;1236243 wrote:

Hey Terri, yes I did contact you also & found you on another forum....yes there are some peeps here who are a venereal disease but your not one of them imo.

:eek:
Life is just to short for drama.
qsducks

Taking time off

Post by qsducks »

Odie;1236260 wrote: :eek:

Only stating the facts mam:yh_rotfl
Sunshine

Taking time off

Post by Sunshine »

I'll tell you what. IF it wasn;t for some good friends that I have made here, I would never come back.

This mod thing is way out of hand. Fav. Mod is it? I thought your were all equal with TS the deciding Mod./owner. Guess I must have missed something somewhere.
qsducks

Taking time off

Post by qsducks »

Sunshine;1236267 wrote: I'll tell you what. IF it wasn;t for some good friends that I have made here, I would never come back.

This mod thing is way out of hand. Fav. Mod is it? I thought your were all equal with TS the deciding Mod./owner. Guess I must have missed something somewhere.

Some mods are very good & some stink and biased.
shelbell

Taking time off

Post by shelbell »

Ok, so what I'm hearing here is that no one has a choice of which threads they should or shouldn't read, and they are forced to post to people that are intentionally trying to flame them or someone else that are their friend. If someone thinks someone else is trying to start a thread that is flaming someone else, why even read it or especially post in it? If people are flaming and get no responses, then they just end up flaming for themselves. What do we teach our kids? Ignore them and they will stop and may even just go away.

I rarely post here anymore except in just a few threads. This place has gotten so boring and repetitive with all the whining going on. There are people I don't like here, so I don't bother to read what they post and I sure as hell don't respond to them.

I don't kiss anyones a$$, but lay off the mods...they can't ban or infract someone everytime someone elses feelings get hurt. Lets all take responsibility for what our own actions are. if you don't like the site then leave. I've basically left here except for a few friends I have here that I chat with.

I hope I've made my point without hurting anyones feelings. :rolleyes:

And floppy, don't lie and say you don't have any friends..you know you love me baby! :D
Nomad

Taking time off

Post by Nomad »

qsducks;1236243 wrote:

yes there are some peeps here who are a venereal disease

Who are they? Consider it a public service announcement.
I AM AWESOME MAN
qsducks

Taking time off

Post by qsducks »

Nomad;1236285 wrote:

Who are they? Consider it a public service announcement.

Lets just say I've adopted two black sheep on my farm & gave them the honors of being named after 2 mods whom I don't really like. It's your guess...as I can't do it here...:yh_rotfl
Nomad

Taking time off

Post by Nomad »

qsducks;1236289 wrote:

Lets just say I've adopted two black sheep on my farm & gave them the honors of being named after 2 mods whom I don't really like. It's your guess...as I can't do it here...:yh_rotfl

Sure. I can understand that. Everytime I scoop out the litterbox I name the turd after a mod. New turd, different mod.
I AM AWESOME MAN
qsducks

Taking time off

Post by qsducks »

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl speaking of which...must empty cat's litter box...oh yes, what a great idea:yh_rotfl
RedGlitter

Taking time off

Post by RedGlitter »

I think if someone has something they want to say, regardless of whether or not anyone else feels it's suitable for public consumption, they should be able to say it without being corrected. It irritates me that anyone here would be told by a peer-someone who is no better than, to "like it or lump it." The way to make improvements is not to stick your head in the sand and ignore it because it will not go away as we older members have long seen.
mikeinie

Taking time off

Post by mikeinie »

Rapunzel;1235983 wrote: 24HourForums.com

Interesting, I signed up over there just to see what is like and I guess time will tell. Don’t get me wrong I am not leaving here, just curious and there is nothing wrong with being in more place than one.

On an interesting note though, this post was started based on the feeling of the mods being too involved and policing the site etc but the initial impression of signing up on 24 is interesting.

The first requirement is that you ‘must’ write an introduction post, and based on the instructions it must be a well written introduction. Once the post is submitted it is reviewed by the mod and if it is deemed good quality then you are given access to the rest of the forum. Yikes!

As I guess the mod is in a different time zone, he/she has not yet read my introduction and therefore I must wait to see if my introduction is good enough to allow me entry to the forum.

You see, FG is not so bad….
buttercup

Taking time off

Post by buttercup »

Well i remember the Frank of old and his recruiting tactics and those of his mates. I remember his hate threads and garden party's where the focus was coming over here to flame as much as possible, it was all very tiresome and pretty pathetic. I don't particularly like to see his forum advertised here and it says a lot for our mods to not remove the link as many of you were not here at that time.

The more i think about it the better an idea i think it is for all the people here that are unhappy with the service are to go join him.
mikeinie

Taking time off

Post by mikeinie »

buttercup;1236347 wrote: Well i remember the Frank of old and his recruiting tactics and those of his mates. I remember his hate threads and garden party's where the focus was coming over here to flame as much as possible, it was all very tiresome and pretty pathetic. I don't particularly like to see his forum advertised here and it says a lot for our mods to not remove the link as many of you were not here at that time.

The more i think about it the better an idea i think it is for all the people here that are unhappy with the service are to go join him.

Fair point, I am not advertising or recruiting, I have been here for a couple of years now and have no issues with the mods, the forum, or any of the members.
RedGlitter

Taking time off

Post by RedGlitter »

What's wrong with a link. If you're worried about a link making people leave then maybe the service here isn't all it's cracked up to be.
mikeinie

Taking time off

Post by mikeinie »

buttercup;1236347 wrote: Well i remember the Frank of old and his recruiting tactics and those of his mates. I remember his hate threads and garden party's where the focus was coming over here to flame as much as possible, it was all very tiresome and pretty pathetic. I don't particularly like to see his forum advertised here and it says a lot for our mods to not remove the link as many of you were not here at that time.

Coincidence or not???

The administrators name on the other forum is Frank…. I wonder if there is any connection there??
qsducks

Taking time off

Post by qsducks »

abbey;1236141 wrote: So, Victoria decides to have some time out because some threads are upsetting her,

Why the hell has this turned into yet another mod bashing thread?

Not all mods are creepy, just a few bad apples in an otherwise nice bushel.
buttercup

Taking time off

Post by buttercup »

That was not really aimed at you Mike, i'm just sick of all the moaning about the mods. For years members begged for mods, now we have them they are still bloody moaning. I personally think the mods are doing a great job.

It just comes down to if your not happy here, p.m your mates your e-mail address and go.
buttercup

Taking time off

Post by buttercup »

RedGlitter;1236352 wrote: What's wrong with a link. If you're worried about a link making people leave then maybe the service here isn't all it's cracked up to be.

I'm not worried about it, i see it as advertising. If people are not happy here, i'd rather they left. Sick of the moaning.
buttercup

Taking time off

Post by buttercup »

qsducks;1236354 wrote: Not all mods are creepy, just a few bad apples in an otherwise nice bushel.

Well its just not possible to like everybody is it? We are being represented well by a mixed bunch of personalities.
RedGlitter

Taking time off

Post by RedGlitter »

buttercup;1236356 wrote: I'm not worried about it, i see it as advertising. If people are not happy here, i'd rather they left. Sick of the moaning.

If your forum is solid then advertising isn't a problem.

If people aren't happy here I'd rather see them get their issues worked out rather than be repeatedly told to leave. That doesn't say much for forum integrity at all.
buttercup

Taking time off

Post by buttercup »

Rapunzel;1236057 wrote: OK, not being funny but this is a difficult one.

I know someone who feels that one or two mods are out to get him/her whatever he/she says.

He/She is quite upset about something a mod said and something a friend of a mod said.

What the friend said, I was completely shocked by and said they should report it.

This person refused because they feel the mod (above) will just punish them for daring to complain.

It's not my place to tell you how this person feels or who this person is.

If you laid it on the line to this person and allowed them to speak freely about how they feel, without the threat of infraction or ban over their heads, then maybe they could talk to you or another mod and sort it out.

RedGlitter;1236359 wrote: If your forum is solid then advertising isn't a problem.

If people aren't happy here I'd rather see them get their issues worked out rather than be repeatedly told to leave. That doesn't say much for forum integrity at all.

1/ Advertising does not seem to be a problem or it would have been removed.

2/ How can issues get worked out when the type of issues you have are like the one above (sorry Rap but i needed an example and thats a classic)

3/ If you think the forum has no integrity why do you keep coming back?
RedGlitter

Taking time off

Post by RedGlitter »

I was waiting for that shot.

I came back because there are members here I enjoy. I enjoy posting for and with them.

Why is it so difficult to allow people their rightful say rather than offering to pack their bags for them? I've been seeing this as long I have been here and it makes no sense. Some of us want to shut up the squeaky wheels and some of us want them to be able to say as they please. Everyone is not going to be pleased sure, but the "put up or shut up" doesn't cut it.
qsducks

Taking time off

Post by qsducks »

RedGlitter;1236364 wrote: I was waiting for that shot.

I came back because there are members here I enjoy. I enjoy posting for and with them.

Why is it so difficult to allow people their rightful say rather than offering to pack their bags for them? I've been seeing this as long I have been here and it makes no sense. Some of us want to shut up the squeaky wheels and some of us want them to be able to say as they please. Everyone is not going to be pleased sure, but the "put up or shut up" doesn't cut it.

Well said Red...I agree 100% with your statement. And I've been infracted more times than I care for "disagreeing" with a mod...and yes, there are a few bad apples in the mod section...I would say about 5 of them out of the whole bunch ain't worth my time, the rest are doing a good job of being fair minded. So, that's not really mod bashing...only bashing 5 of them.
buttercup

Taking time off

Post by buttercup »

Red i think what you might be missing here is no one mod has supreme power, decisions made are amongst them all. All of them have completely different personalities, if you cant abide by the decision that all those differing personalities come too, then yes it is a put up or shut up situation for you.

Perhaps you have forgotten how things were before the mods and how the majority of the membership demanded we get some?

you cant have it both ways.
buttercup

Taking time off

Post by buttercup »

qsducks;1236367 wrote: Well said Red...I agree 100% with your statement. And I've been infracted more times than I care for "disagreeing" with a mod...and yes, there are a few bad apples in the mod section...I would say about 5 of them out of the whole bunch ain't worth my time, the rest are doing a good job of being fair minded. So, that's not really mod bashing...only bashing 5 of them.

And there are many forums where 3 infractions and your out on your ass, banned, period.
qsducks

Taking time off

Post by qsducks »

buttercup;1236373 wrote: And there are many forums where 3 infractions and your out on your ass, banned, period.

Yeah, I know. I did get banned on one...can't think of the name of the board, was over 2 yrs ago...I've had 2 here & got thrown out for a week which was not a big deal as I was on holiday so it didn't really matter as I had no access to a pc. It is rather nice to be banned for a week sometimes...you don't have to think about it. Go enjoy the RW. Besides, there are loads of forums out there....I happen to enjoy the FG & have made many friends including some of the mods but not the 5 I called bad apples:wah:
flopstock

Taking time off

Post by flopstock »

You lub me don't you?:D:-4

Personally I don't feel you need to explain coming back, I'm just always happy to see you 'cause you bring some of the funkiest ideas back with you:wah:

But in my opinion, you work it the way it should be worked... you go away when you want a time out and come back when you can't remember why you left so much..:sneaky:.. ta dah!

You and I disagree on about 75% of issues... I like it that way.:-6
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

buttercup

Taking time off

Post by buttercup »

qsducks;1236376 wrote: Yeah, I know. I did get banned on one...can't think of the name of the board, was over 2 yrs ago...I've had 2 here & got thrown out for a week which was not a big deal as I was on holiday so it didn't really matter as I had no access to a pc. It is rather nice to be banned for a week sometimes...you don't have to think about it. Go enjoy the RW. Besides, there are loads of forums out there....I happen to enjoy the FG & have made many friends including some of the mods but not the 5 I called bad apples:wah:

I don't really know you or your posting style but going on what you have said so far, it seems to me you are unable to accept responsibility for posts that you make that are offensive and so blame the mods rather than look at what you wrote.

Question - You have already been banned from a forum and received infractions here, is that all the fault of mods?

I've made over 5,000 posts on this forum, many have been contriversial and yet i've never been given a warning of any kind. IMO it takes a lot to get yourself into trouble here.
qsducks

Taking time off

Post by qsducks »

buttercup;1236381 wrote: I don't really know you or your posting style but going on what you have said so far, it seems to me you are unable to accept responsibility for posts that you make that are offensive and so blame the mods rather than look at what you wrote.

Question - You have already been banned from a forum and received infractions here, is that all the fault of mods?

I've made over 5,000 posts on this forum, many have been contriversial and yet i've never been given a warning of any kind. IMO it takes a lot to get yourself into trouble here.

And that is why I never really read your posts...name a post I've made offensive or a thread for that matter. There are mods that I get along with famously with & some of the mods I don't get along with & yeah...after the last go around which I received no infraction for but some of my friends did...I thought was wrong and yes, I did back my self up...you just didn't see it cuz it was a pm. Not all the mods are here everyday...Unable to accept responsibility? That's pretty inaccurate if I do say so myself...that is total BS. You don't like my opinion, not my problem.
buttercup

Taking time off

Post by buttercup »

:yh_rotfl

Now i see why you get infractions.
qsducks

Taking time off

Post by qsducks »

buttercup;1236394 wrote: :yh_rotfl

Now i see why you get infractions.

If I say what I'd like to say....:yh_rotfl
YZGI

Taking time off

Post by YZGI »

Are there any men on FG that are pissed at the mod's? Just asking.;):D
mikeinie

Taking time off

Post by mikeinie »

YZGI;1236439 wrote: Are there any men on FG that are pissed at the mod's? Just asking.;):D

Nope!
Clodhopper

Taking time off

Post by Clodhopper »

Are there any men on FG that are pissed at the mod's? Just asking.

I've had no probs. Have read the whole thread with some amazement. I seem to have missed all of this.

I'm sorry you are going, Victoria, but it can be refreshing to take a break and I hope it works that way for you.
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."
buttercup

Taking time off

Post by buttercup »

Hi Yzgi

I think if you done a poll you'd find its less than 10 people in the forum pissed off with the mods at any one time. Given the membership we have here its a drop in the ocean, or it would be if they were not so vocal about it. :p
qsducks

Taking time off

Post by qsducks »

Clodhopper;1236451 wrote: I've had no probs. Have read the whole thread with some amazement. I seem to have missed all of this.

I'm sorry you are going, Victoria, but it can be refreshing to take a break and I hope it works that way for you.

Everyone needs a break from FG....I have a few friends who only post once in awhile here...sometimes you just gotta get away & into the RW.
YZGI

Taking time off

Post by YZGI »

buttercup;1236453 wrote: Hi Yzgi

I think if you done a poll you'd find its less than 10 people in the forum pissed off with the mods at any one time. Given the membership we have here its a drop in the ocean, or it would be if they were not so vocal about it. :p
Hi back at ya Butterycup,

I just asked because I think us guys read these threads and wonder what the big deal is. Then we wonder if we missed something. Then we wonder if we are just too dumb to know whats going on. Then we wonder if we put on clean underwear this morning. Then we wonder.... what were we talking about?
RedGlitter

Taking time off

Post by RedGlitter »

buttercup;1236371 wrote: Red i think what you might be missing here is no one mod has supreme power, decisions made are amongst them all. All of them have completely different personalities, if you cant abide by the decision that all those differing personalities come too, then yes it is a put up or shut up situation for you.

Perhaps you have forgotten how things were before the mods and how the majority of the membership demanded we get some?

you cant have it both ways.

Buttercup, I don't recall that most of us wanted mods.

And I was one, remember? I saw firsthand how things go with the moderation which is why all this kissing up to the mods is so ridiculous. And I ask you, who are you (and some others) to tell anyone else to leave? Why not practice what is being preached? If someone doesn't like the complaining, they don't have to read the posts.
qsducks

Taking time off

Post by qsducks »

RedGlitter;1236471 wrote: Buttercup, I don't recall that most of us wanted mods.

And I was one, remember? I saw firsthand how things go with the moderation which is why all this kissing up to the mods is so ridiculous. And I ask you, who are you (and some others) to tell anyone else to leave? Why not practice what is being preached? If someone doesn't like the complaining, they don't have to read the posts.

There were 21 mods...a bit excessive....3 have quit being mods for the reasons RG just explained & because BC...some of the mods do have a supreme god complex & I know you don't want to hear this but its true...some mods do have a vendetta against certain members..I should know as one of them does have it in for me for some unknown reason. I thinks its ridiculous myself to kiss up to a mod...they are not gods, they are mods just trying to do their jobs.

This was supposed to a reply to BC...
Bruv

Taking time off

Post by Bruv »

YZGI;1236439 wrote: Are there any men on FG that are pissed at the mod's? Just asking.;):D

No...... I am amazed this thread is still alive.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
buttercup

Taking time off

Post by buttercup »

RedGlitter;1236471 wrote: Buttercup, I don't recall that most of us wanted mods.

Hi Red

If members had not complained so much to Tombstone about the forum being unmoderated it would not be moderated now, what bit of that don't you get?

I remember Tombstone so sick of all the snivelling he was thinking of pulling the plug.

That shut everybody up for a while, they realised it was not such a bad place afterall :rolleyes:

I don't see anywhere i have asked anyone outright to leave but yes i most certainly have said on many an occasion if a members not happy its exactly what they should do and i stand by it and will say it again if i feel thats what i'd like to say. Who am i to do that? - A member of the board.

The one bit i do agree with you on is yes i do not have to read the posts but i chose too on this occasion and commented as you did.
buttercup

Taking time off

Post by buttercup »

qsducks;1236475 wrote: There were 21 mods...a bit excessive....3 have quit being mods for the reasons RG just explained & because BC...some of the mods do have a supreme god complex & I know you don't want to hear this but its true...some mods do have a vendetta against certain members..I should know as one of them does have it in for me for some unknown reason. I thinks its ridiculous myself to kiss up to a mod...they are not gods, they are mods just trying to do their jobs.

This was supposed to a reply to BC...

Hi Ducks, as its a reply to me ;)

I have no idea who all the 21 mods are but actually no i don't think its excessive given that members here are from all over the world so the mods will be on all different times. Also i like the fact 21 people are going to deliver a balanced view. If there is a vendetta against you why do you think you are still here?
qsducks

Taking time off

Post by qsducks »

buttercup;1236533 wrote: Hi Ducks, as its a reply to me ;)

I have no idea who all the 21 mods are but actually no i don't think its excessive given that members here are from all over the world so the mods will be on all different times. Also i like the fact 21 people are going to deliver a balanced view. If there is a vendetta against you why do you think you are still here?

Because only 1 mod has it against me.....Your trying to bait me & it won't work. And I agree with Red...you have no right to tell peeps to leave...leave it at that.
buttercup

Taking time off

Post by buttercup »

:wah:

I'm not trying to bait you, i'm having a debate with you.

Could you point out to me where i have told a person to leave? Also are you telling me to leave it?

Return to “General Chit Chat”