What's your weather like today?

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Jazzy

Post by Jazzy »

Snow on the way starting tonight and ending tomorrow afternoon. They are predicting 6 - 8 inches before all is said and done.
Odie

Post by Odie »

its snowing, finally!:guitarist
Life is just to short for drama.
Skylark

Post by Skylark »

Cold and sunny. Nice day for a drive which we did!
ButterflyPrincess

Post by ButterflyPrincess »

Very Cold. In the single digits. :)
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Flood warnings, wind warnings, thunderstorm warnings and just darn cold really.:)
AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

testing

Attached files
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Woke up to snow on the last day of 2009 & then we got swamped with rain all last night...good thing my porch is covered...made shooting off the fireworks smoother...mild today & the snow is gone but now the wind has kicked up again.
Odie

Post by Odie »

it still snowing!:D

got about 3 cm so far,,,,,,,,yippeeeeeee!
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

Clear, cold and sunny. Snow from the night before last (a light dusting) hasn't melted where it's out of the sun and it felt WELL below zero last night.
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."
Jazzy

Post by Jazzy »

Under a winter storm warning from 1 pm today until 7 am Monday morning :-5

Looks like over a foot or more of snow before the storm is over.
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

Jazzy: Sounds as though you are really getting it! Whereabouts in the US are you? Somewhere like Iowa?

What's happened to our Scottish members? Last thing I heard was gmc saying they'd not seen anything like this weather for decades and then...silence!

Yoohoo! gmc? Buttercup? Chookie? Are you there, or are you out sledging, or are you all now glacial features?
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."
Odie

Post by Odie »

-20C or -4F!

Barman

Post by Barman »

Bitter cold, blue skies, big bump on my leg where i fell over on the ice.:wah:
Mustang

Post by Mustang »

8ºF (-13C) Sunny and windy.
Jazzy

Post by Jazzy »

Clodhopper;1278162 wrote: Jazzy: Sounds as though you are really getting it! Whereabouts in the US are you? Somewhere like Iowa?

What's happened to our Scottish members? Last thing I heard was gmc saying they'd not seen anything like this weather for decades and then...silence!

Yoohoo! gmc? Buttercup? Chookie? Are you there, or are you out sledging, or are you all now glacial features?

I'm in Vermont and we get hit every winter really bad but we're used to it.
Helen

Post by Helen »

bright and cold with the odd shower thrown in !! snow just a few miles up the road though.
Odie

Post by Odie »

Barman;1278198 wrote: Bitter cold, blue skies, big bump on my leg where i fell over on the ice.:wah:

Mustang;1278202 wrote: 8ºF (-13C) Sunny and windy.

were all freezing today!:yh_rotfl

Jazzy;1278210 wrote: I'm in Vermont and we get hit every winter really bad but we're used to it.

good for you, you can keep that snow.:yh_rotfl
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

Barman;1278198 wrote: Bitter cold, blue skies, big bump on my leg where i fell over on the ice.:wah:

Ouch!!

Helen;1278222 wrote: bright and cold with the odd shower thrown in !! snow just a few miles up the road though.

Sunny and bright here all day, no showers though. We had a sprinkling of snow overnight, very light and it took until mid afternoon to melt from the pavements, all gone now. I'm avoiding looking at the forecast just incase they predict more.
abbey

Post by abbey »

Snow, snow and more snow here :(

Football tomorrow, I hope I'll be able to get there!
Barman

Post by Barman »

Betty Boop;1278270 wrote: Ouch!!

Sunny and bright here all day, no showers though. We had a sprinkling of snow overnight, very light and it took until mid afternoon to melt from the pavements, all gone now. I'm avoiding looking at the forecast just incase they predict more.

My fault, playing golf, freezing cold, everything white and frozen. Gonna hurt like hell in the morning.:D
cars

Post by cars »

What's with all this cold, it barely reached the mid 60's today!! Perfect weather to do many of my outdoor chores. Removed all outside Christmas decorations, did some pruning, trimmed palm trees & planting plants!

And then repositioned the accient ground lights surrounding our property! All came out great, if I do say so myself! :p
Cars :)
Peg

Post by Peg »

Mid 60s? That would be considered a heatwave here right now.
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Peg;1278388 wrote: Mid 60s? That would be considered a heatwave here right now.

Peg, you & I are probs getting this nice artic blast...high winds & freezing out tonight
Peg

Post by Peg »

Temps in the teens, single digit wind chills. I think Monday it is supposed to warm up to like 24.
Jazzy

Post by Jazzy »

Good morning from winter wonderland. So far we have 8 inches of snow with another 8 inches or more coming and ending tomorrow. We have winds at 35 MPH and it's blowing the snow so hard that I can't even see anything out the windows :(
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Jazzy;1278457 wrote: Good morning from winter wonderland. So far we have 8 inches of snow with another 8 inches or more coming and ending tomorrow. We have winds at 35 MPH and it's blowing the snow so hard that I can't even see anything out the windows :(

Oh Jazzy, That's miserable....too much snow. I'm so sick of this weather and it's not even February when we have bad storms here. Can't imagine what we're still in for.

It's 22F and feels like 4F. Winds are gusting up to 38mph, and I can't open my front door:wah: There's still black ice on the roads.
cars

Post by cars »

My sympathy is with you folks in the SNOW and bitter cold, I remember those days all too well! The last few years back in NE before retiring, I dreaded the long dreary SNOW/ICE days, shoveling for an hour or so, and then off on my 2 hour drive (normally 1/2 hr) to work. Then after full day's work, 2 hour drive home! Ouch! :wah:

Cabin fever started early for you guys this season! Again, I feel for you! ;)
Peg

Post by Peg »

I need to go grocery shopping and just dread going out in this bitter cold. I just want to hibernate.
Barman

Post by Barman »

All this ice is great, i just pour a brandy on the decking and lick it off.:)
Odie

Post by Odie »

can't you tell by my avator?:-5:-5:yh_rotfl
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

Kathy Ellen;1278458 wrote: Oh Jazzy, That's miserable....too much snow. I'm so sick of this weather and it's not even February when we have bad storms here. Can't imagine what we're still in for.

It's 22F and feels like 4F. Winds are gusting up to 38mph, and I can't open my front door:wah: There's still black ice on the roads.

Living down this end of the country we've always enjoyed milder weather than the rest of the UK. It's cold here now but I can always remind myself that it still going to be milder here than further up in Britain, bbrrrrrrr. I'm beginning to dread February too, we just do not see this kind of cold snowy weather generally until at least the end of January. I wonder if all the palm tree's will survive this long cold winter.
Helen

Post by Helen »

Betty Boop;1278753 wrote: Living down this end of the country we've always enjoyed milder weather than the rest of the UK. It's cold here now but I can always remind myself that it still going to be milder here than further up in Britain, bbrrrrrrr. I'm beginning to dread February too, we just do not see this kind of cold snowy weather generally until at least the end of January. I wonder if all the palm tree's will survive this long cold winter.

hi betty, long time no speak,

its freezin here, ive had to get me thermals out and ive bought a big thick scarf over which i wear me hoody then me woolly hat, a huge padded coat and then when i go outside.......................:yh_rotfl

im dreading my electric bill cos ive got my heaters on 24/7 !!!

but at least its stopped raining for now :D
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

Helen;1278767 wrote: hi betty, long time no speak,

its freezin here, ive had to get me thermals out and ive bought a big thick scarf over which i wear me hoody then me woolly hat, a huge padded coat and then when i go outside.......................:yh_rotfl

im dreading my electric bill cos ive got my heaters on 24/7 !!!

but at least its stopped raining for now :D

You venture out :eek: lol yes, it's a bit like that here, I wish I had thermals! Just blowing here at the moment, clear skies out there, I just ventured out to the washing machine room to check the boiler was actually still working :wah: My heating is gas and I have gone through over £60 over the Christmas period with the children being off school just trying to keep them warm. Not good. It may have stopped raining but what is worrying is the clear skies out there at the moment, the roads are still wet so bound to be icy in the morning :(
cars

Post by cars »

Barman;1278565 wrote: All this ice is great, i just pour a brandy on the decking and lick it off.:)
:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Odie

Post by Odie »

Peg;1278548 wrote: I need to go grocery shopping and just dread going out in this bitter cold. I just want to hibernate.

went to Home Depot today, it was -4F and the winds were wicked...just to cold!
Jazzy

Post by Jazzy »

The snow has stopped for now but it dumped 18 inches before the storm ended early this morning. The higher elevations here got 33 inches but they are happy since this is a ski resort area. We are getting another storm headed our way on Friday.
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

cars;1278352 wrote: What's with all this cold, it barely reached the mid 60's today!! Perfect weather to do many of my outdoor chores. Removed all outside Christmas decorations, did some pruning, trimmed palm trees & planting plants!

And then repositioned the accient ground lights surrounding our property! All came out great, if I do say so myself! :p

Oh yeah, forgot, your in Florida. What kind of Jan. 1st dip in the ocean do they do there? The shark dip, manatee dip? They do it up here on the east coast...polar bear club, lobster club, etc. Just wondering.:thinking:
cars

Post by cars »

qsducks;1279079 wrote: Oh yeah, forgot, your in Florida. What kind of Jan. 1st dip in the ocean do they do there? The shark dip, manatee dip? They do it up here on the east coast...polar bear club, lobster club, etc. Just wondering.:thinking:
Don't follow that stuff here, as I don't do it myself.

Anyway, the temp dipped down to "34" here last night!!! We had to put the "heat" on to get rid of the chill, right now (3:40pm) it's a whopping 55f degrees! Still need a jacket, for most.
cars

Post by cars »

Another cold morning here (33f) and it's predicted to be cold all week long! On the bright side, the paper said that 3 days of cold weather will kill off some the iguanas here!

(I know some of the animal lovers here will be saddened to hear this, but you're not living with them in your own back yard and in the bushes as we are. ) So . . .
ZAP

Post by ZAP »

What part of Florida? It's colder where you are than here in California, although it's been colder than normal. Still gets up to 70 in the afternoons but 40 at night. My brother's headed to the FL. panhandle today. UGH! Iguanas! Unlike the cute little geckos I have on my patio, who sometimes like to come in where it's warm.
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

Peg;1278392 wrote: Temps in the teens, single digit wind chills. I think Monday it is supposed to warm up to like 24.

25 F today but the wind chill makes it feel like 15F...at least the sun is out
Odie

Post by Odie »

cold and roughly 4 inches of snow.
Skylark

Post by Skylark »

Heavy snow on Merseyside today, everything ground to a halt except the trains. Utter chaos! Not enough snowploughs or grit. We never get it so we are not geared up for it.
cars

Post by cars »

Zapata;1279275 wrote: What part of Florida? It's colder where you are than here in California, although it's been colder than normal. Still gets up to 70 in the afternoons but 40 at night. My brother's headed to the FL. panhandle today. UGH! Iguanas! Unlike the cute little geckos I have on my patio, who sometimes like to come in where it's warm.
"Southern FL", around Boca Roton.

6 years ago when we bought our villa here, there were no iguanas around. However, it was said over the last few years many "people" who had "pet" iguanas have been setting them free into the wildes here. And of course, they have been breeding like wildfire, since they don't have many natural preditors. Just last week a woman in Boca Roton had to call the wildlife perserve, as she had a dozen iguanas in her back yard, one over 3 feet long, scaring her kids, !!! So . . .
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

No idea of temperatures but it's a rare event around here, we have SNOW!! Not as deep as some of you are used to but enough for all the children to be out throwing snowballs and sliding down the roads on anything they can find, they are having a fantastic time out there :wah:
Barman

Post by Barman »

Same here Betty, going to have put the heating on soon.:wah:
Rapunzel

Post by Rapunzel »

It was minus 7 degrees C here this morning. Not as bad as some of you but bloody freezing for us! It's snowing now and the forecast is 25cm of snow by morning (10 inches).

Most of the local schools are closed tomorrow in anticipation! (In anticipation of precipitation! Lol!) We had a new headmistress start today and she doesn't want to close the school on her second day so we have to listen to the local radio station in the morning to find out if we have to go in or not! Great! Hubby and kids have the day off...muggins has to go to work in the snow! :-5:(
Skylark

Post by Skylark »

Betty Boop;1279369 wrote: No idea of temperatures but it's a rare event around here, we have SNOW!! Not as deep as some of you are used to but enough for all the children to be out throwing snowballs and sliding down the roads on anything they can find, they are having a fantastic time out there :wah:

I read that many schools were closed in Cornwall.
Barman

Post by Barman »

Skylark;1279386 wrote: I read that many schools were closed in Cornwall.

Yep, truancy is becoming a real problem down there.:wah:
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

Barman;1279395 wrote: Yep, truancy is becoming a real problem down there.:wah:

It is, we Cornish prefer to send them out to work the land you know. :p

North Cornwall saw a lot of closures today yes, at a guess I think most schools throughout the whole of Cornwall will be shut tomorrow. We had no snow at all here this morning but the secondary my son attends almost sent everyone home again this morning :-2. I doubt I will be venturing out tomorrow anyway, I have two steep untreated hills to get down before I get onto a treated road. And... it's snowing out there again now.

Return to “General Chit Chat”