Hypnotherapy

A forum for ForumGardeners to post news about themselves.
abbey

Hypnotherapy

Post by abbey »

Today I made an appointment with a hypnotherapist to help me stop smoking.:yh_hypno

Hopefully Monday pm I wont want or need another fag.

Have any other members tried it and was it succesfull?
Oscar Namechange

Hypnotherapy

Post by Oscar Namechange »

abbey;1150549 wrote: Today I made an appointment with a hypnotherapist to help me stop smoking.:yh_hypno

Have any other members tried it and was it succesfull? Sorry what were you saying?..... I dozed off there.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Odie

Hypnotherapy

Post by Odie »

abbey;1150549 wrote: Today I made an appointment with a hypnotherapist to help me stop smoking.:yh_hypno

wonderful and good luck!

I have had appointments for relaxation and that worked wonders.
Life is just to short for drama.
Oscar Namechange

Hypnotherapy

Have any other members tried it and was it succesfull? Seriously..... I did go to one and i think i had two sessions. I came out with less money and desperately wanting a fag. It did nothing for me. He gave me a tape of the sessions and that didn't work either. :(:(
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
abbey

Hypnotherapy

Post by abbey »

Odie;1150573 wrote: wonderful and good luck!

I have had appointments for relaxation and that worked wonders.Thankyou, fingers crossed eh?

oscar;1150574 wrote: Seriously..... I did go to one and i think i had two sessions. I came out with less money and desperately wanting a fag. It did nothing for me. He gave me a tape of the sessions and that didn't work either. :(:(
She has guaranteed I will stop, thankfully it's not going to cost me anything, My town is the pilot project, the PCT are the sponsors and is being closely monitored, I will be the first one to have it and being as though it's me that has pushed so hard for it, it had better ruddy work!

Or I shall have a mighty red face. :o
el guapo

Hypnotherapy

Post by el guapo »

abbey;1150600 wrote: Thankyou, fingers crossed eh?

She has guaranteed I will stop, thankfully it's not going to cost me anything, My town is the pilot project, the PCT are the sponsors and is being closely monitored, I will be the first one to have it and being as though it's me that has pushed so hard for it, it had better ruddy work!

Or I shall have a mighty red face. :o

good luck
"To be foolish and to recognize that one is foolish, is better than to be foolish and imagine that one is wise."
Oscar Namechange

Hypnotherapy

abbey;1150600 wrote: Thankyou, fingers crossed eh?

Or I shall have a mighty red face. :o Good you don't have to pay. I think mine was about £30 a session. I really hope it works for you. The only time i'm not smoking is when i'm asleep. I think i'll never quit now, it's been too many years. I even have nicotine patches when i travel and can't smoke. :mad:
abbey

Hypnotherapy

Post by abbey »

el guapo;1150601 wrote: good luckThanks Jesse.

oscar;1150602 wrote: Good you don't have to pay. I think mine was about £30 a session. I really hope it works for you. The only time i'm not smoking is when i'm asleep. I think i'll never quit now, it's been too many years. I even have nicotine patches when i travel and can't smoke. :mad:
I tried the patches they gave me very explicit dreams :o sadly also very vivid nightmares.

Champix tabs made me very nauseous,

I asked what the cost would be for a private session and it's £100 but you only need one session, she has a 97% success rate.
along-for-the-ride

Hypnotherapy

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Good luck, Abbey!:)

Please let us know more about the session itself afterwards. That is, if you can remember it. ;)
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
abbey

Hypnotherapy

Post by abbey »

Cheers me dear. :-6
Oscar Namechange

Hypnotherapy

Have any other members tried it and was it succesfull? Let us know how you get on Abbey. I smoke 60 a day so i might try it again if it works for some-one else.
CARLA

Hypnotherapy

Post by CARLA »

Wish you luck and hope it works. ;)
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Odie

Hypnotherapy

Post by Odie »

OMG...........I just remembered tonight....my neighbour down the street went and it worked immediately!

you will do great!

keep me posted!:-4
spot

Hypnotherapy

Post by spot »

You're a lot more trusting than me, abbey, I'm sure if I went to a hypnotherapist I'd get interfered with.

Good luck, I hope you have a cigarette-free future from next week.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
abbey

Hypnotherapy

Post by abbey »

spot;1150786 wrote: You're a lot more trusting than me, abbey, I'm sure if I went to a hypnotherapist I'd get interfered with.

Good luck, I hope you have a cigarette-free future from next week.
That thought never entered my head........until now :-3 < (unsure smiley)

I'm off to London on the 18th with non smokers so I hope so too.
spot

Hypnotherapy

Post by spot »

abbey;1150787 wrote: That thought never entered my head........until now :-3 You'll be alright abbs, given my shape these days I've probably got more to interfere with than you anyway.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
G#Gill

Hypnotherapy

Post by G#Gill »

Do I detect a bit of wishful thinking there Spot???

Good luck Abbs, please let us all know how you get on.............. I do know somebody who went to an accupuncturist as a bet by some of his friends, to get him off cigarettes - it worked for him (he didn't even want to get off cigarettes either).
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
abbey

Hypnotherapy

Post by abbey »

I went this morning at 10am, the session ended at 11.45.

I came home yearning for a ciggie!

At 1pm I felt so tired I had to go lay down, I slept til 2.45 and woke up in the crabbiest mood!

At 6pm I gave in and had a cig and I felt like crap, tired, listless, very irritable and depressed.

I have had one more since so I think I can safely say I failed and I feel bloody awful both mentally and physically. :(
Oscar Namechange

Hypnotherapy

abbey;1154636 wrote: I went this morning at 10am, the session ended at 11.45.

At 1pm I felt so tired I had to go lay down, I slept til 2.45 and woke up in the crabbiest mood!

At 6pm I gave in and had a cig and I felt like crap, tired, listless, very irritable and depressed.

I have had one more since so I think I can safely say I failed and I feel bloody awful both mentally and physically. :( Similar to how i felt. I was hoping you'd come back with some good news so spur me into trying again. Are you going to have another session?
abbey

Hypnotherapy

Post by abbey »

I shall have to ask what happened, maybe I was'nt relaxed enough.

I can't believe how down I feel.
Oscar Namechange

Hypnotherapy

abbey;1154678 wrote: I shall have to ask what happened, maybe I was'nt relaxed enough.

I can't believe how down I feel. Let me know. I'm very interested.
spot

Hypnotherapy

Post by spot »

I'll be pleased if it finally works abbs. Stick at it, you do actually want to quit remember.

x.
abbey

Hypnotherapy

Post by abbey »

I have had 1.5 cigs tonight so that's a marked improvement,

it's this damned awful feeling of depression that I cant bear.
spot

Hypnotherapy

Post by spot »

We're all born with that, it's called life. It's curable in the long term.
abbey

Hypnotherapy

Post by abbey »

:wah:

Cheers me dear.
Lon

Hypnotherapy

Post by Lon »

I tried it Abbey with a Harvard trained phychiatrist that I knew in a service club that I belonged to. My medical policy that I had at the time paid the 250 dollars for the two sessions. I went to my car and lit up after finishing each session, so no, for me hypnosis did not work. This was 20 years ago. I finally was able to quit after being hospitalized for 4 days for a minor medical procedure. All I needed was 48 hours with out a cig and that did the trick for me. Prior, I could never get passed 48 hours without one. We are all different. I had a bitch of a time trying to quit, for others it may be easier. Good luck.
Oscar Namechange

Hypnotherapy

Lon;1154928 wrote: I tried it Abbey with a Harvard trained phychiatrist that I knew in a service club that I belonged to. My medical policy that I had at the time paid the 250 dollars for the two sessions. I went to my car and lit up after finishing each session, so no, for me hypnosis did not work. This was 20 years ago. I finally was able to quit after being hospitalized for 4 days for a minor medical procedure. All I needed was 48 hours with out a cig and that did the trick for me. Prior, I could never get passed 48 hours without one. We are all different. I had a bitch of a time trying to quit, for others it may be easier. Good luck. Like you Lon.... the only times i have really gone without was in hospital. I had a pulmery embolism a few years ago and frankly would not be writing this if not for our wonderful health service that had paramedics with me within 4 minutes. I was under for 3 days and woke gasping for a cigg. I was in a no smoking hospital on the top floor with no windows that opened. Besides i was hooked to a tripod of intravenus drips and some machine that pumped heprein around me. On one occassion, the nurse had to disconnect the machine for a while to put on to battery which gave 20 minutes. I watched how she disconnected it and when i couldn't go without a cigg any longer, I disconnected the machine and got Mr O to carry behind me and i carried the tripod, catheta and every thing else stuck in me. We shuffled down corridors until we found a ladies bathroom where i could light up. They went mental at me :yh_rotfl

The lenghts we go to for a ciggy?
Nomad

Hypnotherapy

Post by Nomad »

Ok Im a little confused. You see a fag then smoke afterwards so your going to see a hypnotherapist and if you stop smoking you wont need to see fags anymore ?

WTF ?
I AM AWESOME MAN
mrsK

Hypnotherapy

Post by mrsK »

That is great news:D

Our niece did that 5 years ago & she still hasn't had a ciggie.

Go for it & good luck:-4:-6
It's nice to be important,but more important to be nice.
kazalala

Hypnotherapy

Post by kazalala »

abbey;1154636 wrote: I went this morning at 10am, the session ended at 11.45.

I have had one more since so I think I can safely say I failed and I feel bloody awful both mentally and physically. :(

I have never tried it Abbey,, but i have never really tried to quit:rolleyes:im sorry you didnt feel as you probs expected, and still feeling down?:-3 did you read the link Fuzzy put up in her stopping smoking thread,,i did and it makes a lot of sense,, and just the explanations of how you will feel and why,, and also how you can naturally try to help these feelings is realy good and easy to understand.

did the hypnotherapist prepare you for how you might feel? or tell you what to expect?

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
kazalala

Hypnotherapy

Post by kazalala »

Nomad;1154944 wrote: Ok Im a little confused. You see a fag then smoke afterwards so your going to see a hypnotherapist and if you stop smoking you wont need to see fags anymore ?

WTF ?

we call cigarettes fags here Nomad;):yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
abbey

Hypnotherapy

Post by abbey »

kazalala;1155072 wrote: I have never tried it Abbey,, but i have never really tried to quit:rolleyes:im sorry you didnt feel as you probs expected, and still feeling down?:-3 did you read the link Fuzzy put up in her stopping smoking thread,,i did and it makes a lot of sense,, and just the explanations of how you will feel and why,, and also how you can naturally try to help these feelings is realy good and easy to understand.

did the hypnotherapist prepare you for how you might feel? or tell you what to expect?
I still feel down but not as bad as yesterday, I have smoked 5 cigs today but have to admit they taste foul.

I spoke to the therapist today and she was a little surprised when I told her how bad I felt, She said the first 48 hours is the worst as my subconscience is telling me I need a cig and my conscience is resisting.

I shall just try my best to not smoke as much, I could easily smoke 12 cigs in the evening.

Last night I had 2, so it's a start I suppose.
kazalala

Hypnotherapy

Post by kazalala »

abbey;1155381 wrote: I still feel down but not as bad as yesterday, I have smoked 5 cigs today but have to admit they taste foul.

I spoke to the therapist today and she was a little surprised when I told her how bad I felt, She said the first 48 hours is the worst as my subconscience is telling me I need a cig and my conscience is resisting.

I shall just try my best to no smoke as much, I could easily smoke 12 cigs in the evening.

Last night I had 2, so it's a start I suppose.

try saying to yourself ,, i will suffer a whole day without a cigarette, you nkow you are going to feel bad,, accept you feel bad and that eventually you will feel better ,, just like when you have a virus or a cold:D this is funny cos im not even trying to quit:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

I dont mean you feeling bad is funny,, i mean me trying to give you advice:rolleyes::yh_rotfl

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
G#Gill

Hypnotherapy

Post by G#Gill »

Abbs, years ago somebody I knew then was challenged to give up smoking by going to an accupuncturist. Apparently the challenger had gone through this process and it had been very successful for him, hence the challenge on Dave, who was quite a heavy smoker. Dave thought it a huge joke, as he had no desire to give up. Anyway his mate bet him £30 he would give up after one session (in other words the friend would give Dave £30 if he gave up smoking). Dave would have to not smoke a ciggie for a month to qualify.

Well Dave went to the accupuncturist, who asked him why he wanted to give up smoking. Dave said that he didn't and that it was just a challenge from a mate. 'Well do you find it unpleasant?' 'No, I enjoy it !' 'Well does it make you cough or give you headaches?' 'No, nothing at all !' ' Well don't you find it expensive?' 'No, and anyway I earn a very good salary.' ' Well for Pete's sake, give me a reason for doing this, else it will never work ! Don't you think it is a waste of money anyway ?' 'Well, I suppose, thinking about it, yes it is a waste of money !' 'Brilliant - that's good enough, at least I've got something to work with !!!'

So Dave had the session of pin-sticking, in his ear lobes - because apparently the nerves from the ear lobes are connected to the stomach, and it seems to be the stomach which has the craving for nicotine! He had a load of pins sticking out of his ear lobes and was asked to sit in another room for half an hour, but no touching the pins - the TV was on :) Half an hour later the accupuncturist removed all but a couple of pins and sent him on his way - I can't remember how long he had to keep the remaining pins in his ears, but I think it was only 3 or 4 days. After his session, he said thankyou, went out of the door and stopped at the top of the stairs to light up a ciggie, but thought he'd wait till he got down the stairs to the outside door. He was just about to light up as he was opening the door - it was raining, so he thought he would wait till he got in the car. Once in the car, he was just about to light up when he saw a friend across the road, and waving to him, he put the car in gear and started to drive off. Drat he hadn't lit his ciggie yet. Well he would when he stopped at the traffic lights - they were on green, so he carried on. He thought then that he would wait till he got home. When he got home, he was asked to do something straight away, so still no ciggie! The job lasted quite a while and when he had finished it, he thought that he may as well have a ciggie then. He made a coffee and sat down and thought, he hadn't had a ciggie since before the session, and that must have been several hours ago, so he thought he would just see how long he could go without lighting up................................................He got his £30 from his mate a month later, and he still hadn't touched a ciggie 3 years later !

Job done I think ! :yh_rotfl

Good luck to you Abbs. Stick at it Mrs. ;) :-4
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
Kathy Ellen

Hypnotherapy

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Abbey:-4

I gave up smoking years ago.....It was the most difficult thing I've ever done in my life. I was and am so addicted to ciggys. The only reason why I gave them up is because my friend from lung cancer. I had to give them up.

You're on an uphill road right now and it's going to be difficult, but please don't give up. If I did it so can you. When I first gave them up, I couldn't talk on the phone, or go to restaurants, pubs or clubs for quite awhile.

Now, I'm fine but miss them. Every once in awhile I love to smoke a little, tipper, sweet cigar, but don't inhale.

I'm so proud of you:-4
mrsK

Hypnotherapy

Post by mrsK »

How are things today :-4:-6
spot

Hypnotherapy

Post by spot »

And what do you remember of this hypnotherapy session? How unlike normality is it?
Odie

Hypnotherapy

Post by Odie »

how was today........
abbey

Hypnotherapy

Post by abbey »

mrsK;1155940 wrote: How are things today :-4:-6Still smoking :o

Nowhere near as much though. :D

spot;1155947 wrote: And what do you remember of this hypnotherapy session? How unlike normality is it?We chatted for 45 minutes about the dangers of smoking etc where she learned of my weaknesses and strengths

She explained that she could only help me 80% the other 20% was down to me!

She sat on the left of me, I closed my eyes and relaxed and she just spoke to me,

it was strange I heard every word she said yet my mind was drifting thinking of other things.

She said she would count to 7 and I would open my eyes on the count of 7, I tried my hardest to open my eyes before 7 but for the life of me could'nt,

on the count of 7 my eyes popped open.

Weird!

Odie;1155974 wrote: how was today........Went to football this evening and it was a pretty crucial fixture, normally I would have smoked 4 cigs going, one outside the ground and 4 coming home.

I had 1 going 1 outside and 1 coming home.

God knows how many I would have smoked if we'd lost. :wah:
Odie

Hypnotherapy

Post by Odie »

abbey;1156029 wrote: Still smoking :o

Nowhere near as much though. :D

We chatted for 45 minutes about the dangers of smoking etc where she learned of my weaknesses and strengths

She explained that she could only help me 80% the other 20% was down to me!

She sat on the left of me, I closed my eyes and relaxed and she just spoke to me,

it was strange I heard every word she said yet my mind was drifting thinking of other things.

She said she would count to 7 and I would open my eyes on the count of 7, I tried my hardest to open my eyes before 7 but for the life of me could'nt,

on the count of 7 my eyes popped open.

Weird!

Went to football this evening and it was a pretty crucial fixture, normally I would have smoked 4 cigs going, one outside the ground and 4 coming home.

I had 1 going 1 outside and 1 coming home.

God knows how many I would have smoked if we'd lost. :wah:

soooooooo happy to hear this is working!:-6:-6

you can do this, you can!:-4
mrsK

Hypnotherapy

Post by mrsK »

You are doing really well.

I am sure you will be fine,sounds like you are making progress already.

Good for you:-6:-6
kayleneaussie

Hypnotherapy

Post by kayleneaussie »

good going abbey bird :-4
FOC THREAD PART 1

Return to “Members' News”