Help With A Business Name

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Jazzy

Post by Jazzy »

I am starting another business adventure. I am starting up a vending machine business at the local International Airport. I need a "catchy" name but cannot think of one :( I would appreciate any suggestions you guys could give me!
spot

Post by spot »

Will your business name appear on the vending machines? I doubt it. I'd have thought it would only show up on office paperwork, in which case it's fairly immaterial what you call your company. You're not looking to attract business, you're contracting with the local airport for space to put rented hardware. Or perhaps I've got the wrong idea of your intention.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Jazzy

Post by Jazzy »

spot;1291922 wrote: Will your business name appear on the vending machines? I doubt it. I'd have thought it would only show up on office paperwork, in which case it's fairly immaterial what you call your company. You're not looking to attract business, you're contracting with the local airport for space to put rented hardware. Or perhaps I've got the wrong idea of your intention.

In order to set up a business where I live, you must have a business name certificate and a tax ID number using your business name. I also have to carry insurance which requires a business name. The company will be created as an LLC under the business name so that my personal assets are not threatened if the business gets sued. As an LLC they can only touch funds that are set up in a business account separate from my personal account. The local wholesale outlet here where I would purchase bulk to fill the machines also has to have a business account name for me to be able to receive the business discount.

I forgot to add that one of the machines will have my business name on the machine since one of the options is to have it on the machine.
spot

Post by spot »

Yes, that's what I'd understood. I was questioning "I need a catchy name", that's all. Catchy company names are for when you're trying to attract business but I can't see how you're trying to. Maybe you are and I can't see it yet.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
spot

Post by spot »

If what you mean is unique as opposed to catchy, how about Lirmol LLC?
Jazzy

Post by Jazzy »

spot;1291930 wrote: Yes, that's what I'd understood. I was questioning "I need a catchy name", that's all. Catchy company names are for when you're trying to attract business but I can't see how you're trying to. Maybe you are and I can't see it yet.

If this venture takes off at this International Airport, there is room to place machines in surrounding airports. One of the machines I am purchasing is not currently available here in the US. I have to have the machine imported. Since I am purchasing the machine outright the company will put my business name (including phone number) across the front of the machine.

The only name I can think of right now is Flight Tyme Vending. Yes, I know tyme is not the correct spelling :)
spot

Post by spot »

Why would you want your business name or phone number prominent on the machine, though? I can't see the benefit. "Superlative Quality Great Value Hot And Cold Drinks", yes, that makes sense in large letters. A small sticker on the back with contact details, that might make sense too. How are you going to increase sales or business by displaying your trading name and phone number in big text on the front panels?
buttercup

Post by buttercup »

What products will be in the vending machines?
Jazzy

Post by Jazzy »

spot;1291933 wrote: Why would you want your business name or phone number prominent on the machine, though? I can't see the benefit. "Superlative Quality Great Value Hot And Cold Drinks", yes, that makes sense in large letters. A small sticker on the back with contact details, that might make sense too. How are you going to increase sales or business by displaying your trading name and phone number in big text on the front panels?

Only one of the machines is being imported and cannot be found here in the US. That's the machine I want my business name and phone numer on (not in large text) but big enough for people to see. Why? I am contracting with not only the airport but hoping to get the federal government contact if this machine takes off. I would be the only supplier here in the US for this particular machine. Federal agents from other International airports hold tests and classes at my local airport. If they wanted to inquire about my machine then why not have my business and phone number on it?
Jazzy

Post by Jazzy »

buttercup;1291935 wrote: What products will be in the vending machines?

The one machine I cannot discuss but the others I can tell you are:

1. Healthy Snack Food machine

2. Non-Pharmacy machine

3. Water/soda machine

4. Currency coin converter machine
buttercup

Post by buttercup »

Oh quite a mixture, had it been just one type of product, name idea's could have sparked from that.

If its a catchy name your after probably best to keep it short.

Airvend

Jetvend
spot

Post by spot »

Jazzy;1291940 wrote: Federal agents from other International airports hold tests and classes at my local airport. If they wanted to inquire about my machine then why not have my business and phone number on it?

That makes sense though I'd have thought you'd approach them rather than they'll approach you. If you think you might get approached for business as a result then you've a good reason.

I'm not sure what "catchy" means for that particular class of enquiry though. It's slightly different to attracting a consumer.

I'd go with short rather than meaningful. My first suggested name stands.
Jazzy

Post by Jazzy »

buttercup;1291949 wrote: Oh quite a mixture, had it been just one type of product, name idea's could have sparked from that.

If its a catchy name your after probably best to keep it short.

Airvend

Jetvend

Great suggestions and thank you very much!
Odie

Post by Odie »

Jazzy;1291940 wrote: Only one of the machines is being imported and cannot be found here in the US. That's the machine I want my business name and phone numer on (not in large text) but big enough for people to see. Why? I am contracting with not only the airport but hoping to get the federal government contact if this machine takes off. I would be the only supplier here in the US for this particular machine. Federal agents from other International airports hold tests and classes at my local airport. If they wanted to inquire about my machine then why not have my business and phone number on it?

Having ones name and phone number is fabulous for advertisement.

specialty adverting works, I used to work in that field.
Life is just to short for drama.
Jazzy

Post by Jazzy »

spot;1291951 wrote:

I'd go with short rather than meaningful. My first suggested name stands.

Thank you very much for your responses. Not sure what Lirmol means Spot :-3
Odie

Post by Odie »

Jazzy;1291944 wrote: The one machine I cannot discuss but the others I can tell you are:

1. Healthy Snack Food machine

2. Non-Pharmacy machine

3. Water/soda machine

4. Currency coin converter machine

excellent choices!

I think its good to have meds at an airport, just in case.

and everyone now enjoys healthy snack foods.
Tigerlily

Post by Tigerlily »

How about Vendaway? Wend away without the W.......
Jazzy

Post by Jazzy »

Tigerlily;1291962 wrote: How about Vendaway? Wend away without the W.......

Thank you and I appreciate your suggestion!
spot

Post by spot »

Jazzy;1291957 wrote: Thank you very much for your responses. Not sure what Lirmol means Spot :-3That's because it's a word nobody else in the known universe has ever employed for any purpose whatever. Rather like Chrysler was once. Put twenty million dollars into advertising it with jingles and it'll be in everyone's mind. If anyone else had ever used it before they'd try to take it away from you at that point.
Jazzy

Post by Jazzy »

spot;1291966 wrote: That's because it's a word nobody else in the known universe has ever employed for any purpose whatever. Rather like Chrysler was once. Put twenty million dollars into advertising it with jingles and it'll be in everyone's mind. If anyone else had ever used it before they'd try to take it away from you at that point.

Thank you very much Spot! :wah:
Odie

Post by Odie »

you never read my posts.:sneaky::yh_rotfl
Jazzy

Post by Jazzy »

Odie;1291972 wrote: you never read my posts.:sneaky::yh_rotfl

Sorry Odie! Do you have a business name for me? :o
Odie

Post by Odie »

Jazzy;1291973 wrote: Sorry Odie! Do you have a business name for me? :o

it wasn't a business name, haven't thought of one yet.
Jazzy

Post by Jazzy »

Odie;1291984 wrote: it wasn't a business name, haven't thought of one yet.

I hope it's not fudge :yh_rotfl
along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

How about " 4 A Change". :)
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Odie

Post by Odie »

Jazzy;1292014 wrote: I hope it's not fudge :yh_rotfl

fudge & brownies in a vending machine is a good thing!:yh_rotfl
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Jazzy;1291973 wrote: Sorry Odie! Do you have a business name for me? :o
As vending machines cut down on queuing time etc In conventional outlets... how about 'kwikstop'?

Ok.. now tell me that's rubbish :wah:
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

How's about 'Good 4 U LLC ' as you will be selling healthy stuff as well as medical aids. Brownies etc would not be a good idea in a vending machine as there is bound to be a shorter 'sell-by' date than the other items in the other machines, and that could prove a nuisance to have to keep checking.

I wish you the very best with this venture Jazzy, it does sound as if it could 'take off' for you - pun intended ;) :D :-6
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

oscar;1292078 wrote: As vending machines cut down on queuing time etc In conventional outlets... how about 'kwikstop'?

I suspect that that name may be too similar to others. Not sure where you would check to see if there is a similar named company to the one you may choose, Jazzy, but I'm sure you would know. I expect you would have to register it any way, like they do in the UK, Companies House isn't it spot? I expect you would find out on the internet anyway. :thinking:
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
Odie

Post by Odie »

what's the name of your airport Jazzy?
Tan

Post by Tan »

Jazzy's would be a cool name!

Just dont do this:wah:

Attached files
Tan
Jazzy

Post by Jazzy »

along-for-the-ride;1292055 wrote: How about " 4 A Change". :)

That's cute AFTR and thank you for your suggestion :-6
Jazzy

Post by Jazzy »

oscar;1292078 wrote: As vending machines cut down on queuing time etc In conventional outlets... how about 'kwikstop'?

Great name but there is a store in my area that has it. Thank you for your suggestion. :-6
Jazzy

Post by Jazzy »

G#Gill;1292086 wrote: How's about 'Good 4 U LLC ' as you will be selling healthy stuff as well as medical aids. Brownies etc would not be a good idea in a vending machine as there is bound to be a shorter 'sell-by' date than the other items in the other machines, and that could prove a nuisance to have to keep checking.

I wish you the very best with this venture Jazzy, it does sound as if it could 'take off' for you - pun intended ;) :D :-6

Thank you very much Gill! :-6
Jazzy

Post by Jazzy »

Odie;1292088 wrote: what's the name of your airport Jazzy?

I am not allowed to use the name of the airport as a business name :(
Jazzy

Post by Jazzy »

Tan;1292101 wrote: Jazzy's would be a cool name!

Just dont do this:wah:

Thank you for the good laugh Tan :yh_rotfl
buttercup

Post by buttercup »

G#Gill;1292086 wrote: it does sound as if it could 'take off' for you - pun intended ;) :D :-6

I think 'take off vending' is catchy and to the point.
Odie

Post by Odie »

Jazzy;1292124 wrote: I am not allowed to use the name of the airport as a business name :(

I know, but something relevant might be good.
Jazzy

Post by Jazzy »

buttercup;1292148 wrote: I think 'take off vending' is catchy and to the point.

Do you think it would make people undress? :yh_rotfl
Odie

Post by Odie »

buttercup;1292148 wrote: I think 'take off vending' is catchy and to the point.

sounds like how we talk here, take off eh?:yh_rotfl
spot

Post by spot »

Jazzy;1292124 wrote: I am not allowed to use the name of the airport as a business name :(You might be allowed to incorporate the airport code as a part of it though.
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

Christ the King Vending Enterprises
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
spot

Post by spot »

So that's the way you want to play it, huh?

Beware Electrically Unsafe Chassis LLC
Jazzy

Post by Jazzy »

spot;1292186 wrote: You might be allowed to incorporate the airport code as a part of it though.

If I do that, Spot, I am limiting my name to just that airport. Not just that, the airport code is owned by the federal aviation division.
Ahso!

Post by Ahso! »

Vend Over and Take It Vending!
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Jazzy

Post by Jazzy »

Ahso!;1292210 wrote: Christ the King Vending Enterprises

Why does this not surprise me? :thinking:
Jazzy

Post by Jazzy »

spot;1292218 wrote: So that's the way you want to play it, huh?

Beware Electrically Unsafe Chassis LLC

:yh_rotfl
minks

Post by minks »

Jazzy what a cool endeavour,

Vendigo

Vend to go

Vend and Go

Vend On The Run

Jazzy Vend

Vendi Vidi Vici (this on is just cause I could not resist) hehehehe
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Do you have to bid on the airport contracts and have you researched the competition?

Its a very competetive feild. Have you considered how you will be maintaining the machines?

They break down, get jammed, get glitches all the time. How will you repair them?

Theyll probably have to be re-stocked several times a day, where will you keep the product?

By the way all the machines Ive seen have a company name address and phone # on them.
I AM AWESOME MAN
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

Runway Products.

Concourse Products

Eat on the Fly

Flyaway Product

On the Fly Goodies

Or

Last Chance vending:wah:

Return to “General Chit Chat”