So..How Did You Find ForumGarden?

A forum for ForumGardeners to post news about themselves.
along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

My first experience at an internet forum was at CourtTV. com during the Scott Peterson trial. My sister had introduced that forum to me and was on that forum with me. We had some good discussions. After the conviction, I lost interest and did a google search on "forums." Forumgarden was one of many and I chose it. The posts looked friendly and inviting. :) I've been here ever since.

Share your moment of discovery with us. ;)

Attached files
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

I was looking for a gardening forum, and it turned out to be something much different! I always hang out here.:-6
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

Carolly told me to come here:D

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
el guapo

Post by el guapo »

jim gave me the addy blame him
"To be foolish and to recognize that one is foolish, is better than to be foolish and imagine that one is wise."
along-for-the-ride

kazalala;1102634 wrote: Carolly told me to come here:D

We are sure glad you listened to her.............that time. :wah:
along-for-the-ride

el guapo;1102644 wrote: jim gave me the addy blame him

:yh_rotfl

That's right, el guapo..............pass the buck.
el guapo

Post by el guapo »

along-for-the-ride;1102649 wrote: :yh_rotfl

That's right, el guapo..............pass the buck.

he did and he said id get banned in a week n im still here
"To be foolish and to recognize that one is foolish, is better than to be foolish and imagine that one is wise."
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

Post by Bryn Mawr »

I was challenged to visit to see how quickly I could identify the challenger - I think it took two minutes but I didn't manage to log out for five hours and I've been coming back ever since.
Peg

Post by Peg »

I was bored and doing a search for forums. I was suprised how active the garden was for being relatively new.
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Peg;1102681 wrote: I was bored and doing a search for forums. I was suprised how active the garden was for being relatively new.

Boasting again?

OK - I was eighteen moths behind you. I ceed you the precedence :-6

Whatever, the Garden rocks :-4
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

There is only one person to blame for my being here.............SPOT :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
southern yankee

Post by southern yankee »

I was surfing the web. looking for a fun/ light hearted site. That would make me feel welcome. And i came apon the Garden. I have tried a couple sites before. one was full of bullies:mad: the other just weren't my cup of tea.:rolleyes: or they were for the 20 something crowd:-2. I really like it here. i have made some DEAR friends. That has never happen to me before., on line anyway.
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

I used to belong to a forum called "The Virtual Irish Pub" way over 10 years ago. I met Aussie Pam and Okie there. Unfortunately, the pub closed down and went high teck...yuk:mad:,

So, Pam found the FG and invited her friends from the VIP here, and the rest is history.

FG is very similar to the old VIP and I feel so comfortable here. I feel like it's my 2nd home:-4
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

oscar;1102701 wrote: There is only one person to blame for my being here.............SPOT :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

:wah::wah:Oh, I remember that night:sneaky:
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

southern yankee;1102709 wrote: I was surfing the web. looking for a fun/ light hearted site. That would make me feel welcome. And i came apon the Garden. I have tried a couple sites before. one was full of bullies:mad: the other just weren't my cup of tea.:rolleyes: or they were for the 20 something crowd:-2. I really like it here. i have made some DEAR friends. That has never happen to me before., on line anyway.

We're happy that you're here SouthernYankee:-4
southern yankee

Kathy Ellen;1102727 wrote: We're happy that you're here SouthernYankee:-4 thanks, i know you mean that too:)
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

southern yankee;1102729 wrote: thanks, i know you mean that too:)

Oh, I do...You're a valued member here:-6
southern yankee

Kathy Ellen;1102736 wrote: Oh, I do...You're a valued member here:-6 You all sure know how to make a girl feel wanted;)
Odie

Post by Odie »

oscar;1102701 wrote: There is only one person to blame for my being here.............SPOT :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Life is just to short for drama.
Odie

Post by Odie »

just googled forums, and bango I am here!:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

also belong to four other forums, but this one is tops!
minks

Post by minks »

Aw it's good FG found everybody that is here, ooops I mean you all found FG.

Me well it's almost embarassing after all the years here to admit I got banned from a prior forum and started surfing the net for a general "chat" forum. I stumbled in here and was immediately welcomed without "initiation" and have hung around. I was a member of a few others collectively during a few "spells" here in FG but I always came back here. Now I call it home. I love that on any given day at any time I can come on and there are always current up to date posts of some sort and some one somewhere is hanging out here.

Love FG and all it's peeps :) xx
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

along-for-the-ride;1102648 wrote: We are sure glad you listened to her.............that time. :wah:

Thanks:D Best idea she had in all the years i have known her:sneaky:;)

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
qsducks

Post by qsducks »

minks;1102816 wrote: Aw it's good FG found everybody that is here, ooops I mean you all found FG.

Me well it's almost embarassing after all the years here to admit I got banned from a prior forum and started surfing the net for a general "chat" forum. I stumbled in here and was immediately welcomed without "initiation" and have hung around. I was a member of a few others collectively during a few "spells" here in FG but I always came back here. Now I call it home. I love that on any given day at any time I can come on and there are always current up to date posts of some sort and some one somewhere is hanging out here.

Love FG and all it's peeps :) xx

Me too. Got banned from a site that turned out to be boring. A former friend led me to the FG and I've been here ever since. This place is addicting but I've made several friends and judging by the Christmas cards I received all I can say is Thank you for an awesome site! I love this place.:-4
minks

Post by minks »

qsducks;1103088 wrote: Me too. Got banned from a site that turned out to be boring. A former friend led me to the FG and I've been here ever since. This place is addicting but I've made several friends and judging by the Christmas cards I received all I can say is Thank you for an awesome site! I love this place.:-4

FG brings about good friends :-4
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
sunny104

Post by sunny104 »

I did a search for forums and FG popped up so I took a quick look around, Acc. made me laugh out loud and I signed up about 2 minutes later. :o :D
along-for-the-ride

sunny104;1109080 wrote: I did a search for forums and FG popped up so I took a quick look around, Acc. made me laugh out loud and I signed up about 2 minutes later. :o :D

:wah:....and we must thank Accountable for that. So glad you stayed. :)
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

Post by Bryn Mawr »

sunny104;1109080 wrote: I did a search for forums and FG popped up so I took a quick look around, Acc. made me laugh out loud and I signed up about 2 minutes later. :o :D

It was something Acc said than made me join up as well - and I've never regretted a minute of it.

Thank Acc, a finer gentleman I've yet to meet.
sunny104

Post by sunny104 »

along-for-the-ride;1109501 wrote: :wah:....and we must thank Accountable for that. So glad you stayed. :)
:yh_kiss :D :-4

Bryn Mawr;1109505 wrote: It was something Acc said than made me join up as well - and I've never regretted a minute of it.

Thank Acc, a finer gentleman I've yet to meet.

I hope he comes back soon. :-4
nok

Post by nok »

I was searching for something in Google search ( don't remember what) and one of the things that came up was Forum Garden. I went in and wanted to post in one of the threads but I wasn't allowed to until I registered first, so I did. I've been here ever since and loving every minute of it ! :)
Happiness is not a destiny. It is a daily goal. :)
along-for-the-ride

Interesting and diverse replies.:)

So............how did YOU find ForumGarden?

Attached files
Peg

Post by Peg »

It's been so long, I don't remember!
Limey

Post by Limey »

Peg;1320644 wrote: It's been so long, I don't remember!

I would love echo this post because I also don't remember, but the truth is I only joined a few days ago LOL. I just can't remember how I got here... all I know is it wasn't the usual Google/referred routes.

Oh well. I'm here because I'm a forum junkie. I have my main favourite one and then I join a couple of others every now and then. This is the only 'other' forum that I've actually come back to more than once haha.
Odie

Post by Odie »

Limey;1321206 wrote: I would love echo this post because I also don't remember, but the truth is I only joined a few days ago LOL. I just can't remember how I got here... all I know is it wasn't the usual Google/referred routes.

Oh well. I'm here because I'm a forum junkie. I have my main favourite one and then I join a couple of others every now and then. This is the only 'other' forum that I've actually come back to more than once haha.

now, can you draw a picture of my 4 cats?:yh_rotfl
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

>^..^<
spot

Post by spot »

I'm a referral. I was invited here. An existing member gave me the URL and said register so I registered.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
ZAP

Post by ZAP »

chonsigirl;1321214 wrote: >^..^

That is SO clever! But, off-topic. :wah:

here @ @

I was invited here by a friend and then she split.

Return to “Members' News”