MEMPHIS BEAT Love this show

This is our starting point. Discussions about any or all TV shows. The more popular shows will eventually have their own forum.
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

Anyone else seen it yet. New on TNT for the summer star is the guy who use to be in "My Name Is Earl". In this show he is a cop in Memphis cool, quirky, southern and fun to watch. Clever writting that keeps you guessing. The down home southern drawl, humor, and language makes this show different.

The music in each show is outstanding blues at its best. This guy can sing and usually ends each show in a bar singing. I give it ***** stars just for being fun and entertaining at the same time. :-6
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Mustang

Post by Mustang »

We watch this show sometimes. Not too bad. Took awhile getting use to "Earl" playing a cop after seeing him in "My name is Earl." He's an Elvis nut in this program. Did you see all the Elvis memorabilia in his home during the one show?
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

He is quirky, the cast is quirky, the way they solve crimes is quirky but it works. The sound track for each episode is excellent. It was just named 1 of the top 10 shows to watch this season.
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

BrannB

Post by BrannB »

I personally love the show when I can catch the airings of it. As of right now I'm so busy with work that I watch the episode off of TNT's website. Unfortunately next week is the last episode of the season. Since it's be renewed hopefully season 2 will be just as great as this one.

It's funny that because of my job I got into the show. We doing some marketing for Turner and saw some clips with Jason Lee and Alfre Woodard and I was sold.

Return to “General TV Shows”