What made you smile today??

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Odie

Post by Odie »

hoppy;1320718 wrote: As I passed by the courthouse I saw a lawyer tumble down the steps.:yh_rotfl

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Life is just to short for drama.
Bridget

Post by Bridget »

Reflecting on our great 4th of July family get together. Great food, good to see my nieces and nephews we only see once a year. The kids had a really great water fight on a very hot day. A special day.
Odie

Post by Odie »

seeing a black, brown and orange tortoiseshell kitten and bringing her home.:-6

I would call her Samba.
Mustang

Post by Mustang »

Two fawns standing in a shallow stream with a doe.
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Oh, sounds like a pretty scene, Mustang.

Any day that is vacation, is a great day!
Mustang

Post by Mustang »

Over heard a small child responding to her mother at a restaurant today:

Mother asked the child, "What did you learn at school today?"

Child replied, "I guess not enough because they are making me come back tomorrow!"

:wah:
Odie

Post by Odie »

Mustang;1329380 wrote: Over heard a small child responding to her mother at a restaurant today:

Mother asked the child, "What did you learn at school today?"

Child replied, "I guess not enough because they are making me come back tomorrow!"

kids say the cutest things!:wah:
beowulf

Post by beowulf »

what made me smile?...............seeing my mother slowing getting better :)
The dogs philosophy on life. If you cant eat it, hump it or fight it,........ Pee on it and walk away!!

(/)

(-_-)

(")(")

kazalala

Post by kazalala »

beowulf;1329409 wrote: what made me smile?...............seeing my mother slowing getting better :)

good to hear:-4

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
Odie

Post by Odie »

beowulf;1329409 wrote: what made me smile?...............seeing my mother slowing getting better :)

That is wonderful!:-6
ZAP

Post by ZAP »

It made me smile to hear you say that, beowulf.
Bridget

Post by Bridget »

Opened my e-mail and had a letter from my sister and one from my niece. Made my day.
Bridget

Post by Bridget »

Also woke up to 60o weather today and no humidity to speak of. I sat on the deck for awhile to remember what cool felt like. Now that made me smile.
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Phoning my bro to hear his new answer machine message... His little boy playing the piano..
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

Mmmm a suprise party before 5 in the morning ! Did your guests whip the duvet off and sit round the bed quaffing champers ?

I've lived a very a sheltered life
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

My husbands list of who to keep away from his funeral because they get on his nerves. I delicatly pointed out that he would not be there. Oh well, you have to laugh .
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
verdecove

Post by verdecove »

Just got my paycheck. Not a big one but at least I'm still getting one at all since it's not so certain anymore for people to get another one next week due to what nowadays economy looks like.
Bez

Post by Bez »

My grandchildren....love 'em :-4
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
Rapunzel

Post by Rapunzel »

oscar;1329647 wrote: My husbands list of who to keep away from his funeral because they get on his nerves. I delicatly pointed out that he would not be there. Oh well, you have to laugh .

I don't know if this is appropriate but it made me laugh and hopefully it will make you guys chuckle too. :wah:

YouTube - Jeanne Robertson "Don't send a man to the grocery store!"
Mustang

Post by Mustang »

The Steelers winning their first game of the season.
Odie

Post by Odie »

Mustang;1332846 wrote: The Steelers winning their first game of the season.

now how did I know that's what you would say?:sneaky::yh_rotfl
Mustang

Post by Mustang »

Odie;1332863 wrote: now how did I know that's what you would say?:sneaky::yh_rotfl

I always smile when my team does well. :D
Odie

Post by Odie »

Mustang;1332864 wrote: :wah:

I always smile when my team does well. :D

I know, I well remember last year and you should smile!:guitarist
mary2010

Post by mary2010 »

Missing somebody....:-4
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

There is wall to wall blue sky, here. There is a good breeze (we've been warned to expect high winds today), and the beautiful large oak trees sound like the sea as the breeze rustles through them! Days like these make me happy ! :-6:-6
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

The unselfish goodness of people!!!!!! Yes it's actually out there folks.

I heard a lovely story today. a real story . There's been bits of it in the paper and on the radio.

A person I know paid $5000 for a ram the other week . He went half way across the mainland of my state to pick it up.

He got home to unload it and it wasn't in the back of his truck. Yep $5000 gone in one day.

He put out a call for it over the radio and offered a reward. He went to look for it himself at the last place he new it was on the back of the Ute. (which of course is half way across the state.

Today someone found it, many many Km's from where (as later realised) it had jumped out of a moving vehicle unscathed on a major highway.

The young bloke who found it didn't take the reward.!!!!!!!!!

He was just happy that it found it's owner.

And how do I know the owner was a very happy man? Because in eight years of knowing this individual I've never heard him say more than two words. But today I was more stunned that he was actually having conversations with me and my son and others about it's return............. than it's return. :yh_rotfl He actually has a lovely speaking voice.....who'd 'ave thunk it?

I said to him how wonderful it was etc. etc. and then said you realise what this means don't you? You've got a 'jumper' for the next few years of it's life. Everyone laughed . Then I turned to my old boss and said "didn't you come up here with him? and he said "Yeah" . And I said "Arent you worried you'll go missing on the way home ?" He laughed and said he won't be jumping out of any truck at a 100 km's an hour anytime soon . :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

But the fact that this young bloke knows what a good, expensive Ram means to a farmer ...And refused the reward. ....wow !!!!!
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

It renews your confidence in the human race. :-6 As you say, Fuzzy, not many folk would realise the value, to a farmer, of just one animal! Hey, that young man who found the ram, not only saved that farmer a lot of money, he also may have started ongoing chat between the farmer and his neighbours! A good deed done! :-6 :yh_bigsmi

I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
Odie

Post by Odie »

watching the leaves slowly changing colour...........
Odie

Post by Odie »

Went to a furniture store, 'The Brick' to see if the couch I bought in July was on sale..it was & they gave me a 100.00 gift cerfificate.:guitarist

Went to Canadian Tire as it was their anniversary and got 50% on my sunflower seed.:guitarist

Then then had scratch and wins....I won a McCain Cake.:guitarist

Went to my local store to pick it up, Fortino's and because I am a prefered customer, they are mailing me a 40.00 gift certicate to use in their store.:guitarist

yup........I'm smiling!:)
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

Had my fancy TKD pictrues taken this morning, am going with my daughter bridal gown shopping in an hour.:-4
nok

Post by nok »

My mother's great sense of humour - even though she's now eighty she has never lost her sense of humour.

Memories of what a great father I had when he was still alive.

Memories of what a great boyfriend I had.
Happiness is not a destiny. It is a daily goal. :)
spot

Post by spot »

This off the BBC news site, which I just came across while looking for something completely different.

BBC News - Hero catches escalator fall boy in Turkey
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
CinnamonBear

Post by CinnamonBear »

The smell of breakfast I didn't cook. :)
Peg

Post by Peg »

I'm getting around a lot better today and actually have the energy to get some stuff done.
Odie

Post by Odie »

Peg;1333752 wrote: I'm getting around a lot better today and actually have the energy to get some stuff done.

That's great to hear Peg!:-6
Mustang

Post by Mustang »

Peg;1333752 wrote: I'm getting around a lot better today and actually have the energy to get some stuff done.

Are you not watching the game today? :-3
Peg

Post by Peg »

Hubby is upstairs watching it, and I am downstairs sneaking around cleaning because he still doesn't want me to. LOL I flip over to see the score every once in a while.
Mustang

Post by Mustang »

Peg;1333760 wrote: Hubby is upstairs watching it, and I am downstairs sneaking around cleaning because he still doesn't want me to. LOL I flip over to see the score every once in a while.

:wah: You better take it easy and not over due it Peg. ;)
Peg

Post by Peg »

I'm trying not to overdo it, but I really want to get released to go back to work Thursday, so I am trying to build myself up.
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Grand final week !!!!!!!!
binbag

Post by binbag »

Peg;1333764 wrote: I'm trying not to overdo it, but I really want to get released to go back to work Thursday, so I am trying to build myself up.Hello Peg, I'm binbag and relatively new in the Garden.

You've obviously had a rough time of it lately, so, would you be offended if I was to ask what happened to you. :yh_flower
[FONT=Arial]Just above the clouds

the sun is always shining.

[/FONT]
Peg

Post by Peg »

binbag;1333783 wrote: Hello Peg, I'm binbag and relatively new in the Garden.

You've obviously had a rough time of it lately, so, would you be offended if I was to ask what happened to you. :yh_flower
Hi binbag. I hope you're enjoying your time here. At the end of June, my blood pressure dropped to 60 over 40 for some unknown reason. When it dropped, I did too, and in the process, broke my leg. I also have rheumatoid arthritis especially in my ankles and feet.

Got good news today. My dog has been laying around, not eating, not drinking, not barking at sirens or dogs on tv, just not herself at all. We were seriously worried as we thought she may be dying. Turns out, she has managed to somehow hurt her back. The vet figures either jumping off furniture or jumping up when we come in the door. She said it is quite common in smaller dogs. She and I are now on the same steroids. My little 8 pound dog is taking the same dose I do! She ate this evening and barked when the fire siren went off so we are thrilled! The meds seem to be working already. Now to break her of her jumping.
Odie

Post by Odie »

Peg;1334219 wrote: Hi binbag. I hope you're enjoying your time here. At the end of June, my blood pressure dropped to 60 over 40 for some unknown reason. When it dropped, I did too, and in the process, broke my leg. I also have rheumatoid arthritis especially in my ankles and feet.

Got good news today. My dog has been laying around, not eating, not drinking, not barking at sirens or dogs on tv, just not herself at all. We were seriously worried as we thought she may be dying. Turns out, she has managed to somehow hurt her back. The vet figures either jumping off furniture or jumping up when we come in the door. She said it is quite common in smaller dogs. She and I are now on the same steroids. My little 8 pound dog is taking the same dose I do! She ate this evening and barked when the fire siren went off so we are thrilled! The meds seem to be working already. Now to break her of her jumping.

Oh I wish you had told me as I was so worried last night.

I`m so happy to hear that the vet found her problem and that she is so much better now.

You could try a spray bottle of water for her jumping up, I use it on the cats, I don`t spray directly on them, just around them when they are into things they shouldn`t be, now I just reach for the bottle and they know.
Peg

Post by Peg »

That's how I trained my cat. Don't even need the spray bottle now. The odd thing is, she really likes water. I'm sad that the dog was in pain, but glad she will live.
Odie

Post by Odie »

Peg;1334223 wrote: That's how I trained my cat. Don't even need the spray bottle now. The odd thing is, she really likes water. I'm sad that the dog was in pain, but glad she will live.

My cats leaped quickly when it hit, yeah it seems your dog was in a lot of distress but she`s fine now.
nok

Post by nok »

Odie;1334226 wrote: My cats leaped quickly when it hit, yeah it seems your dog was in a lot of distress but she`s fine now.

I'm glad your dog is okay now :)

What made me smile today was that I found a place that sells cheap salads :D - I love salads :-4
Happiness is not a destiny. It is a daily goal. :)
Odie

Post by Odie »

nok;1334261 wrote: I'm glad your dog is okay now :)

What made me smile today was that I found a place that sells cheap salads :D - I love salads :-4

It`s Pegs dog, not mine.

what kind of salad did you have Nok, my favorite dressing is Poppyseed.
Peg

Post by Peg »

I got my work release and the girl who has been making the schedule in my absence didn't put me on Tuesday like she was supposed to. The girl that was schedule for Tuesday called and asked me if I'd work it for her. Now the girl who works tomorrow called and asked me to work for her. YAY!! Back to work tomorrow!
Mustang

Post by Mustang »

Peg;1334732 wrote: I got my work release and the girl who has been making the schedule in my absence didn't put me on Tuesday like she was supposed to. The girl that was schedule for Tuesday called and asked me if I'd work it for her. Now the girl who works tomorrow called and asked me to work for her. YAY!! Back to work tomorrow!

Congratulations Peg on being able to return to work! :guitarist
Kathy Ellen

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Peg;1334732 wrote: I got my work release and the girl who has been making the schedule in my absence didn't put me on Tuesday like she was supposed to. The girl that was schedule for Tuesday called and asked me if I'd work it for her. Now the girl who works tomorrow called and asked me to work for her. YAY!! Back to work tomorrow!

Oh Peg:-4, I am thrilled to bits that you're going back to work. You made it through one of the hardest times of your life with flying colors.

Good for you Peg and have a wonderful time at work.

Is this you Peg when you're working:-6

Return to “General Chit Chat”