Coffee

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
mikeinie

Coffee

Post by mikeinie »

Feck it.. I am go'n for coffee...

:yh_coffee
CARLA

Coffee

Post by CARLA »

Enjoy..!!
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

spot

Coffee

Post by spot »

What sort of coffee?
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
mikeinie

Coffee

Post by mikeinie »

OK I am back, and man that was good coffee.

Cappuccino

There is a place about 5 minutes drive from where I work and it is actually a coffee roasting company (they supply coffee shops all around Ireland), but this is where they roast the stuff. You can smell the coffee long before you even arrive there.

I am so addicted they could tap a line right into my main artery..
Lon

Coffee

Post by Lon »

Mmmm------------I'm having a big cup of home brewed ARABICA coffee.
Odie

Coffee

Post by Odie »

mikeinie;1357041 wrote: Feck it.. I am go'n for coffee...

:yh_coffee

pick me up a double double Timmy's!:sneaky::yh_rotfl
Life is just to short for drama.
along-for-the-ride

Coffee

Post by along-for-the-ride »

"You can spell the coffee long before you even arrive there."

C O F F E E ;) :yh_coffee
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Nomad

Coffee

Post by Nomad »

Café Cubano ( Cuban coffee, Cuban espresso, cafecito, Cuban pull, Cuban shot) is a type of espresso which originated in Cuba after espresso machines were first imported there from Italy. Specifically, it refers to an espresso shot which is sweetened with demerara sugar as it is being brewed. It puts a little spring in your step.
I AM AWESOME MAN
7he4uthor

Coffee

Post by 7he4uthor »

Coffee is one of the worst environmental curses ever.

• 1st deforestation,

• 2nd foreign corporates come in plant coffee.

• 3rd the coffee plants acidify the soil so [almost] nothing natural grows anymore

The deforestation then causes erosion and flash-flooding.

The acidified soil has exterminated several thousand plants, many of which were known by Zapotecs to have many healing qualities. Those have been lost forever.

BUT Maxwell House told you on TV that you want coffee

THAT’S MIND CONTROL ... Mr. CONSUMER.

Your consumer mindset tells you the destruction of vast wildernesses doesn’t matter.

Research on coffee shows that it doesn’t increase alertness awareness except the first few times, after that the brain adjusts and the consumption of coffee only brings the user back to a 'normal plateau' hence the user is addicted to regain normal cognitive function, the coffee is essential. Because 1 live amongst the coffee plantations much of the year 1 see the damage Americans do with their drug habits. Long ago 1 met the son of a Mexican biologist who documented the plants on the newly made road from Oaxaca City to Potchtla, his son told me how most of those smaller plants are extinct now.

That’s what drinking coffee gets ya.

Deforestation

Species Extinction

Flash Flooding

Erosion

Population of Wilderness for Corporate Gain

Drought from cutting Rain Forest [for coffee]

Climate change

Toxic Rivers from soil/chemical/feces input

I have spent 34 years in Latin America and met the son of a Mexican botanist who documented the destruction done by planting coffee when the road from Oaxaca City to Potchutla was put in.

My experience is first hand, I am in Latin America now.
spot

Coffee

Post by spot »

On a point of information, is the coffee plant not native to those parts you're describing? It's not an introduced species or anything? or am I thinking of cocoa.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
7he4uthor

Coffee

Post by 7he4uthor »

spot;1357226 wrote: On a point of information, is the coffee plant not native to those parts you're describing? It's not an introduced species or anything? or am I thinking of cocoa.

1ts an 4frican plant

invasive and destructive in latin 4merica

verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry destructive

1t changes the soil PH

has ruined the cosystem

the vatican brought it is

sold the land to united fruit corporation

then the cia broke it up to sell parcels to land owners
spot

Coffee

Post by spot »

So... who is it that currently decides to grow coffee in Central America? Foreigners or locals? I can see that foreigners are eager to buy whatever's grown, but are the growers also foreign? It seems to me that the growers are responsible for what they grow. The buyers are opportunists who can only buy if there are sellers.

It all sounds like unbridled capitalism, to me. Capitalism without governmental restraint would turn its own grandmother into dogfood if there's a profit. All that prevents each excess is a government's social policy.
Accountable

Coffee

Post by Accountable »

I love coffee. I used to drink at least 6 cups every morning (three mugs full) before work. I recently gave up caffeine altogether for almost a month. I had headaches for a few days but otherwise nothing. Then I had a short-notice project so I got up early and drnk coffee. It's amazing the boost it will give you if your system isn't accustomed to it. :yh_coffee
7he4uthor

Coffee

Post by 7he4uthor »

spot;1357273 wrote: So... who is it that currently decides to grow coffee in Central America? Foreigners or locals? I can see that foreigners are eager to buy whatever's grown, but are the growers also foreign? It seems to me that the growers are responsible for what they grow. The buyers are opportunists who can only buy if there are sellers.

It all sounds like unbridled capitalism, to me. Capitalism without governmental restraint would turn its own grandmother into dogfood if there's a profit. All that prevents each excess is a government's social policy.

its the Vatican

they conquered america

took the agricultural lands

sold them in bulk to a CIA backed corporation

who then sold that off in smaller packages

can we talk about cocaine now ?

all the cartels work for the CIA

chapo guzman

cali

the soviets had some control for a while

but then the CIA pretty much cleaned up

when you buy coffee or illegal drugs

your money goes to finance covert military projects

the first governments here were churches

V-tican

undeground tunnels

bunkers

arms

just in case the indians

revolt

truth is they knew the earth was round

it was all psyche to encouage the mind of conquistadors to conquer

you can stop drinking coffee

likely good for your health but too late to repair the eco

damage done
ButterflyPrincess

Coffee

Post by ButterflyPrincess »

I am drinking my Coffee now. ;) Just Folgers Colombian Coffee. yumm. it's the best.
Tan

Coffee

Post by Tan »

I'm pro Coffee! YEAH! Love it.
Tan
Bryn Mawr

Coffee

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Tan;1357548 wrote: I'm pro Coffee! YEAH! Love it.

Hi Tan - long time no see :-6
LarsMac

Coffee

Post by LarsMac »

I only drink coffee from Indonesia. Specifically Sumatra and Sulawesi
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Odie

Coffee

Post by Odie »

Tan;1357548 wrote: I'm pro Coffee! YEAH! Love it.

Hi Tan, nice to see you back!:-6
Life is just to short for drama.
spot

Coffee

Post by spot »

LarsMac;1357802 wrote: I only drink coffee from Indonesia. Specifically Sumatra and Sulawesi

Has it been up the bottoms of weasels?

Now *that's* a question I don't often ask people. Well, clubbing maybe but not often in civil society.
Bryn Mawr

Coffee

Post by Bryn Mawr »

spot;1357806 wrote: Has it been up the bottoms of weasels?

Now *that's* a question I don't often ask people. Well, clubbing maybe but not often in civil society.

Civets, surely?
LarsMac

Coffee

Post by LarsMac »

spot;1357806 wrote: Has it been up the bottoms of weasels?

Don't think so.
- DH Lawrence
spot

Coffee

Post by spot »

LarsMac;1357813 wrote: Don't think so.

Really really proper specifically Sumatra and Sulawesi coffee's been up the bottoms of weasels. Wikipedia says so.
LarsMac

Coffee

Post by LarsMac »

spot;1357814 wrote: Really really proper specifically Sumatra and Sulawesi coffee's been up the bottoms of weasels. Wikipedia says so.

That just shows what good marketing can do.

And that lotsa folks got more money than brains.

Me, I buy the beans green, and roast them myself.
- DH Lawrence

Return to “General Chit Chat”