Gill In hospital...

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Betty Boop

Gill In hospital...

Post by Betty Boop »

Good Luck Gill, just do as you're told, and don't forget they get you up and moving straight away for good reason. :-6
G#Gill

Gill In hospital...

Post by G#Gill »

Thanks BB, and yes I will behave myself (as regards instructions by the medical staff, but can't promise for anything else :lips: ;) ). I just hope the surgeon has got his HNC in lump hammer wielding ! :-3
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
G#Gill

Gill In hospital...

Post by G#Gill »

kayleneaussie;1372551 wrote: no Gill I was just having a joke with you but seems you have taken it the wrong way..hope the op goes ok you will be a new woman once you have healed...now back to the arcade with me so I dont go upsetting people:-5

Oops, sorry you thought I was upset, I was only winding you up in return ! :p :wah:
Oscar Namechange

Gill In hospital...

Post by Oscar Namechange »

G#Gill;1372602 wrote: Oops, sorry you thought I was upset, I was only winding you up in return ! :p :wah:
Will you be waxing your spider In anticipation?
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
spot

Gill In hospital...

Post by spot »

oscar;1372639 wrote: Will you be waxing your spider In anticipation?

Good lord, the euphemisms they use Up North. Round these parts we'd rub oil on the old aspidistra.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Oscar Namechange

Gill In hospital...

spot;1372642 wrote: Good lord, the euphemisms they use Up North. Round these parts we'd rub oil on the old aspidistra.

Gill doesn't have an Aspidistra.... more of a patch of rye grass.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Bruv

Gill In hospital...

Post by Bruv »

oscar;1372646 wrote: .... more of a patch of rye grass.

:confused: :lips:
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
Kathy Ellen

Gill In hospital...

Post by Kathy Ellen »

Hi Gill,

I just read this. I'm so sorry that you're going through this awful pain with your hips.

Hoping for a smooth and successful operation, and that you're feeling better soon.

All of my best wishes are with you:-6

ButterflyPrincess

Gill In hospital...

Post by ButterflyPrincess »

Hey Gill. Just wanted to wish you luck with the Operation.

Hope the healing process goes quickly for you!! :)
G#Gill

Gill In hospital...

Post by G#Gill »

Thank you Kathy Ellen and Butterfly Princess, for your good wishes. This is such a lovely surprise to me, all these people sending good wishes ! I'm not forgotten after all !!! :wah:
Oscar Namechange

Gill In hospital...

G#Gill;1372791 wrote: Thank you Kathy Ellen and Butterfly Princess, for your good wishes. This is such a lovely surprise to me, all these people sending good wishes ! I'm not forgotten after all !!! :wah: Yes, Yes, Yes... but... Have you mowed the lawn in anticipation?
G#Gill

Gill In hospital...

Post by G#Gill »

oscar;1372798 wrote: Yes, Yes, Yes... but... Have you mowed the lawn in anticipation?

Of what ?:confused::-3:thinking:
Oscar Namechange

Gill In hospital...

G#Gill;1372906 wrote: Of what ?:confused::-3:thinking: Debris
G#Gill

Gill In hospital...

Post by G#Gill »

oscar;1372909 wrote: Debris

:-2 :confused:
fuzzywuzzy

Gill In hospital...

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Okay that just got my attention....what he heck are you on about Oscar?
Oscar Namechange

Gill In hospital...

fuzzywuzzy;1372912 wrote: Okay that just got my attention....what he heck are you on about Oscar? I surprised that my Euphemism. means nothing to Gill what with her her being North of the Watford Gap.... Look I will put It as politely as I can as not to offend the pure minded here.

When a Lady goes Into hospital, In polite circles, one prepares by removing excess pubic hair In the chuff chuff woo woo area.

Gill may not be aware but to Isolate MRSA superbug, you are swabbed under neath your arms and In your groin on admission. Gill will no doubt have this done to her on admission.

Now some ladies may not care that they have a rampant rye field growing half way down their legs, but I feel It would be rather frightening to present this to some poor unsuspecting Intern on arrival.

Far nicer to groom the chuff chuff woo woo area before admission even squirting some Christian Dior perfume around the area.

After all Gill.... you don't want that young Doctor getting tangled up down there do you ?:yh_rotfl

Another must for ladies on arriving at hospital Is to arrive In clean new sexy underwear. My hospital porters absolutely loved my blue Katie Price bra with matching french knickers but I must advice against a thong. If something happens Gill and you under the knife, some poor coroner Is going to have to fish that piece of string from out of your crack.

It Is also considered most unlady like should your cuffs and collars not match. If the pubic hair on your chuff chuff woo woo Is a different colour to that on your head, you will become the source of cruel comments by nursing staff whilst you are out. You will come round from the op with no Idea what they are sniggering about.

I suggest If your surf and turf do not match, then a spot of Harmony hair tint on either end can save you a lot of embarrassment.
fuzzywuzzy

Gill In hospital...

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

Just when I thought you could shock no more .

OMG :yh_rotfl
G#Gill

Gill In hospital...

Post by G#Gill »

:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl I see !!! In other words Julie, what you are trying to explain is that I should loose the Brylcreem and the curlers from the 'chuff chuff woo woo' area before I go in. Well I can do that OK, but what about my long white hair on my head ? :thinking: :lips: :yh_rotfl
Oscar Namechange

Gill In hospital...

G#Gill;1372918 wrote: :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl I see !!! In other words Julie, what you are trying to explain is that I should loose the Brylcreem and the curlers from the 'chuff chuff woo woo' area before I go in. Well I can do that OK, but what about my long white hair on my head ? :thinking: :lips: :yh_rotfl

Is the long white hair on your head long enough to cover the chuff chuff woo woo area whilst lying down? This would be a perfect way of disguising an unequal colour match.

I would advise tinting both ends with a nice blonde shade.
G#Gill

Gill In hospital...

Post by G#Gill »

oscar;1372919 wrote: Is the long white hair on your head long enough to cover the chuff chuff woo woo area whilst lying down? This would be a perfect way of disguising an unequal colour match.

I would advise tinting both ends with a nice blonde shade.

Nah, I've been trying to cultivate it for years but it still only reaches down as far as my waist, on a good day that is, and with no wind blowing ! Mind you it effectively disguises my chest hair - sort of matches up ! ;) :sneaky:
G#Gill

Gill In hospital...

Post by G#Gill »

It looks like you've driven everybody away, Oscar ! :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Lady J

Gill In hospital...

Post by Lady J »

oscar;1372914 wrote: I surprised that my Euphemism. means nothing to Gill what with her her being North of the Watford Gap.... Look I will put It as politely as I can as not to offend the pure minded here.

When a Lady goes Into hospital, In polite circles, one prepares by removing excess pubic hair In the chuff chuff woo woo area.

I have heard "that area" called many things before but this is a new one on me!:yh_rotfl

anyway Gill I know your surgery will be a success and pray your recovery will be speedy.

A friend of mine had his hips replaced just about a year ago and they now move better then before.:yh_wink
Oscar Namechange

Gill In hospital...

G#Gill;1372990 wrote: It looks like you've driven everybody away, Oscar ! :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

Look,don't blame me... Just because Bruv, you and Fizzy Pop didn't know the terminology for grooming your chuff chuff woo woo.

There are many terms for It but 'waxing your spider' Is the most common.

Other Included:

Raking the lawn

Thinning the thatch roof

Plaiting the Tarten

Skinning the cat

Etc etc

I was warning you that on admission, to avoid any embarrassment, you may be asked by nursing staff If you have trimmed the collars and cuffs.
Bruv

Gill In hospital...

Post by Bruv »

oscar;1372992 wrote: Look,don't blame me... Just because Bruv...............

Hold up !!!!

Don't bring me into this, this is Lady talk, I backed out the door several posts ago, far too gentlemanly to comment.
Oscar Namechange

Gill In hospital...

Bruv;1373003 wrote: Hold up !!!!

Don't bring me into this, this is Lady talk, I backed out the door several posts ago, far too gentlemanly to comment.

Errrrr Scuse me but I went away for one day last week and I came back to find you and Kevvy Wevvy Woo had plunged a thread Into smut discussing the hairiness of men's private parts.
Bruv

Gill In hospital...

Post by Bruv »

oscar;1373010 wrote: Errrrr Scuse me but I went away for one day last week and I came back to find you and Kevvy Wevvy Woo had plunged a thread Into smut discussing the hairiness of men's private parts.
To be fair......I worry about him too
G#Gill

Gill In hospital...

Post by G#Gill »

Have they all gone now? :yh_rotfl
Rapunzel

Gill In hospital...

Post by Rapunzel »

oscar;1372914 wrote: I surprised that my Euphemism. means nothing to Gill what with her her being North of the Watford Gap.... Look I will put It as politely as I can as not to offend the pure minded here.

Gill may not be aware but to Isolate MRSA superbug, you are swabbed under neath your arms and In your groin on admission. Gill will no doubt have this done to her on admission.

Now some ladies may not care that they have a rampant rye field growing half way down their legs, but I feel It would be rather frightening to present this to some poor unsuspecting Intern on arrival.

Far nicer to groom the chuff chuff woo woo area before admission even squirting some Christian Dior perfume around the area.

After all Gill.... you don't want that young Doctor getting tangled up down there do you ?:yh_rotfl

Another must for ladies on arriving at hospital Is to arrive In clean new sexy underwear. My hospital porters absolutely loved my blue Katie Price bra with matching french knickers but I must advice against a thong. If something happens Gill and you under the knife, some poor coroner Is going to have to fish that piece of string from out of your crack.

It Is also considered most unlady like should your cuffs and collars not match. If the pubic hair on your chuff chuff woo woo Is a different colour to that on your head, you will become the source of cruel comments by nursing staff whilst you are out. You will come round from the op with no Idea what they are sniggering about.

I suggest If your surf and turf do not match, then a spot of Harmony hair tint on either end can save you a lot of embarrassment.

LMFAO!!! Hi Gill, just popped by to say best of luck for your op! I'm having major surgery this Thursday coming and I've been given a bottle of delicious Hibiscrub to wash with daily and to wash my hair with on the day of the op! Lovely! Don't get any in your mouth - it tastes foul! However, it knocks all those nasty MRSA germs on the head so I can go in looking as hairy as Hairy Maclary from Donaldson’s Dairy! Woohoo! Hehehe ;)

God knows what time they're expecting me to have this bath considering I have to be at the hospital by 6am!

Perhaps they're thinking that I won't sleep at all . . . and they're probably right!

Wishing you the very best of luck hunni and hope you are fit as a fiddle and back on your feet soon afterwards.

Big hugs. Rap. xxx
G#Gill

Gill In hospital...

Post by G#Gill »

Hi Rapunzel, stranger ! Thanks so much for your good wishes Mel, although it seems I should be wishing you all the best for Thursday. I suspect you need the fingers and everything crossed more than I do, from the sound of it ! I shall be thinking about you come Thursday and sending as much strength to you as I can. TC :) :-6
Bryn Mawr

Gill In hospital...

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Rapunzel;1373291 wrote: LMFAO!!! Hi Gill, just popped by to say best of luck for your op! I'm having major surgery this Thursday coming and I've been given a bottle of delicious Hibiscrub to wash with daily and to wash my hair with on the day of the op! Lovely! Don't get any in your mouth - it tastes foul! However, it knocks all those nasty MRSA germs on the head so I can go in looking as hairy as Hairy Maclary from Donaldson’s Dairy! Woohoo! Hehehe ;)

God knows what time they're expecting me to have this bath considering I have to be at the hospital by 6am!

Perhaps they're thinking that I won't sleep at all . . . and they're probably right!

Wishing you the very best of luck hunni and hope you are fit as a fiddle and back on your feet soon afterwards.

Big hugs. Rap. xxx

The very best of luck to you too - many thoughts will be coming your way :-6
Rapunzel

Gill In hospital...

Post by Rapunzel »

Bryn Mawr;1373332 wrote: The very best of luck to you too - many thoughts will be coming your way :-6

Thankyou. I think 2 in 1,000 die from the op. and the rest find their hair falls out 4 months after the op! Lovely! So if I make it through the op ok then I can look forward to being a bald Rapunzel! Just when I've been growing my hair and have long, flowing luscious golden locks too! Ah well, it's sods law. Or Murphy's. Or someone's.

Congrats to you Bryn Mawr, I hear you're the new top honcho @ FG! Woohoo! How are you enjoying it? I hope you wear your crown with pride and don't let it get sullied by all that pollution in London. I'm glad I don't live there any more. :)
Bryn Mawr

Gill In hospital...

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Rapunzel;1373476 wrote: Thankyou. I think 2 in 1,000 die from the op. and the rest find their hair falls out 4 months after the op! Lovely! So if I make it through the op ok then I can look forward to being a bald Rapunzel! Just when I've been growing my hair and have long, flowing luscious golden locks too! Ah well, it's sods law. Or Murphy's. Or someone's.

Congrats to you Bryn Mawr, I hear you're the new top honcho @ FG! Woohoo! How are you enjoying it? I hope you wear your crown with pride and don't let it get sullied by all that pollution in London. I'm glad I don't live there any more. :)

A bald Rapunzel? Nah, as always, a Baad Rapunzel!

Bald, bewigged or Rapunzel of the golden flowing locks you'll be the Rap we know and love - I hope you don't have to drive too far if you're to be there that early. How soon will you be compos mentis (if you ever were) and is there anyone who can let us know how the op went?
G#Gill

Gill In hospital...

Post by G#Gill »

Maybe I can, Bryn, as Mel said she would either email me after she's back home, or she'll get something posted on Facebook and Oscar can pass a message on to FG. I won't go into Facebook for personal reasons, so have to rely on others to pass anything on. :)
Bryn Mawr

Gill In hospital...

Post by Bryn Mawr »

G#Gill;1373510 wrote: Maybe I can, Bryn, as Mel said she would either email me after she's back home, or she'll get something posted on Facebook and Oscar can pass a message on to FG. I won't go into Facebook for personal reasons, so have to rely on others to pass anything on. :)

Thanks Gill. I won't go anywhere near Facebook either and it would be good to know
spot

Gill In hospital...

Post by spot »

Some note on the state of the invalids would be welcome.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Oscar Namechange

Gill In hospital...

spot;1374842 wrote: Some note on the state of the invalids would be welcome.

Rap Is home. Will ask her permission on FB tonight to comment further.
G#Gill

Gill In hospital...

Post by G#Gill »

Spot, thank you for asking. I go into hospital on the 14 November and should be there all week. Not looking forward to it really, if I was honest, but hopefully it should sort a problem then I will have the other hip done after a few months. Then maybe I will be able to enter the London marathon ............... histerical laughter behind a hand !
Oscar Namechange

Gill In hospital...

G#Gill;1374851 wrote: Spot, thank you for asking. I go into hospital on the 14 November and should be there all week. Not looking forward to it really, if I was honest, but hopefully it should sort a problem then I will have the other hip done after a few months. Then maybe I will be able to enter the London marathon ............... histerical laughter behind a hand !

Thorntons ready for posting Mrs....

Don't you worry...
G#Gill

Gill In hospital...

Post by G#Gill »

Julie you are very naughty !

Oscar Namechange

Gill In hospital...

G#Gill;1374872 wrote: Julie you are very naughty !

:yh_rotfl

I know you love em Mrs.... Dark of course.

I got the addy of the hospital ready to post.....

Now.... Have you waxed your spider ? :yh_rotfl
G#Gill

Gill In hospital...

Post by G#Gill »

No and don't need to apparently :p End of subject. :lips:
along-for-the-ride

Gill In hospital...

Post by along-for-the-ride »

Just popped in to see how m'lady G#Gill is doing. I see Rapunzel has been here too. My best wishes to both of you. I miss you both. :-4

Attached files
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
G#Gill

Gill In hospital...

Post by G#Gill »

Aw, thank you AFTR, that is kind. XXX
Hope6

Gill In hospital...

Post by Hope6 »

oscar;1372333 wrote: Could a member who doesn't post here now please contact Gill as she Is going Into hospital.

Yes, Gill Is to have a bionic leg fitted.

They are taking her old one and using It as the local cricket team lost one of their stumps last year.

Her new bionic leg Is revolutionary In that It can send messages to her other leg to keep up when running for buses.

Don' forget to send me details of the hospital Gill so some Thornton's can make their way to you.... who knows... You may even have a surprise visitor !!!!

My thoughts and prayers are with Gill.
G#Gill

Gill In hospital...

Post by G#Gill »

Thanks very much Rhonda. I hope everything is OK with you and yours !
G#Gill

Gill In hospital...

Post by G#Gill »

By the way, Rhonda, I'm not really having a bionic leg fitted like Oscar would have you believe, it's the first of my replacement hip operations ! :yh_rotfl
chonsigirl

Gill In hospital...

Post by chonsigirl »

I hope you are feeling fine, Gill. :)
spot

Gill In hospital...

Post by spot »

Go on, she'll be in parts by now.
G#Gill

Gill In hospital...

Post by G#Gill »

spot;1375209 wrote: Go on, she'll be in parts by now.

Not till Monday, spotibus ! Thanks for that Chonsi, I'm OK at the moment, but the trepidation is trepidating quite steadily now ! :yh_nailbi:yh_worry
Bryn Mawr

Gill In hospital...

Post by Bryn Mawr »

G#Gill;1375210 wrote: Not till Monday, spotibus ! Thanks for that Chonsi, I'm OK at the moment, but the trepidation is trepidating quite steadily now ! :yh_nailbi:yh_worry

Now that was a fright - I was convinced that you said the trepanation was going steadily now =8-O

Return to “General Chit Chat”