Conservative Racism

Ahso!

Conservative Racism

Post by Ahso! »

Conservative media and punditry are so racist that they cannot even admit that a conservative black man is capable of womanizing or infidelity. Consider the examples of both Clarance Thomas and Herman Cain.

Here's what I can come up with to attempt to understand the justification behind this conservative position:

a) Black men don't womanize

b) It doesn't matter because who'd be attracted to a black man anyway

c) Look at what you can get away with and shielded from criticism for if only you'd become a member of the republican party (black men only).

d) black females aren't really women (Anita Hill), so the black male is not actually womanizing (except within his own species, I mean race)

e) black baptists notwithstanding, black people are exempt from conservative family values because, well, they're black and should not be expected to have family values or capable of living up to those of whites.

Anyone want to add any? Perhaps argue with mine?
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities,”

Voltaire

I have only one thing to do and that's

Be the wave that I am and then

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Lon

Conservative Racism

Post by Lon »

It really wasn't sex says Bill Clinton and the liberal media agrees and forgets. It's all a matter of perspective isn't it? Libs see things one way and conservatives another. And then there are some of us that like to pick on both libs and conservatives since they are both full of crap.
Ahso!

Conservative Racism

Post by Ahso! »

I appreciate the post but what does it have to do with the OP? I know everyone's full of crap except you because you supposedly occupy the holy ground of the middle and that makes you righteous, but the thread is about my take, as I've expressed it on conservative racism. Instead of accusing me of partisanship, show me where I've got it wrong.

The fact is that according to the conservative media and punditry neither man is guilty of what they've been accused of. How can they [conservative media and punditry] be so sure without listening to the evidence? How do they call it so early and confidently?

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Lon

Conservative Racism

Post by Lon »

Ahso!;1374345 wrote: I appreciate the post but what does it have to do with the OP? I know everyone's full of crap except you because you supposedly occupy the holy ground of the middle and that makes you righteous, but the thread is about my take, as I've expressed it on conservative racism. Instead of accusing me of partisanship, show me where I've got it wrong.

The fact is that according to the conservative media and punditry neither man is guilty of what they've been accused of. How can they [conservative media and punditry] be so sure without listening to the evidence? How do they call it so early and confidently?

What did I do, hit a nerve? One would have to be a bit thick to not see how my post relates to the OP, however maybe it's only those of us that occupy the holy ground of the middle that can relate, after all we are very righteous you know.
Ahso!

Conservative Racism

Post by Ahso! »

The liberal media? Who exactly is the liberal media?

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Lon

Conservative Racism

Post by Lon »

Ahso!;1374363 wrote: The liberal media? Who exactly is the liberal media?

C'mon Ahso----you must be kidding----------other than Fox News are you telling me that the BULK of the media doesn't tilt a wee bit to the left or are you and I living on a different planet?
Ahso!

Conservative Racism

Post by Ahso! »

If we're using FOX as the standard, then everything else tilts to the extreme left. We can name the conservative media, ie. FOX, Conservapedia, NY Post etc... Tell me, who is the liberal media? Name them.

First, in the Lewinsky matter, most liberals, especially liberal females sympathized with Hillary for being married to a womanizer, as I recall. The issue was whether or not the sex compromised Clinton's job performance, which it didn't, he was an a$$ either way, except ironically, on women's issues.

In the Jones matter, everyone mostly sided with her, including many liberals.

The question to you is: how did racism play into the Clinton issues?

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Lon

Conservative Racism

Post by Lon »

Ahso!;1374365 wrote: If we're using FOX as the standard, then everything else tilts to the extreme left. We can name the conservative media, ie. FOX, Conservapedia, NY Post etc... Tell me, who is the liberal media? Name them.

First, in the Lewinsky matter, most liberals, especially liberal females sympathized with Hillary for being married to a womanizer, as I recall. The issue was whether or not the sex compromised Clinton's job performance, which it didn't, he was an a$$ either way, except ironically, on women's issues.

In the Jones matter, everyone mostly sided with her, even many liberals.

The question to you is: how did racism play into the Clinton issues?

I don't use Fox as a standard for anything.

Racism did not play into the Clinton issue.

As for who is the liberal media ------- How about the NY Times for one and you can search out others, both press and TV with a Google search.
Ahso!

Conservative Racism

Post by Ahso! »

FOX boasts the fact that it's politically conservative. Does the NY Times boast itself as equally politically liberal? I don't think so. Conservapedia was created to counter Wikipedia because conservatives labeled Wikipedia as liberal. Does that make Wikipedia politically liberal? Again, I don't think so!

Googleing for liberal media only means that it's been indexed that way due to conservatives spamming the internet with the keywords and keyphrases. It's not a reliable source. Instead look at those who claim to be politically liberal or whose contents has a liberal bias. It's much more difficult to find that way.

And you're right, racism played no part in the Clinton issues. This thread is about "Conservative Racism". I've laid out my thoughts on it, it would be nice to get the thread on track. If you'd like to take one of these posts over to another thread to discuss liberal vs conservative media have at it, it's a good topic.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Lon

Conservative Racism

Post by Lon »

Ahso!;1374371 wrote: FOX boasts the fact that it's politically conservative. Does the NY Times boast itself as equally politically liberal? I don't think so. Conservapedia was created to counter Wikipedia because conservatives labeled Wikipedia as liberal. Does that make Wikipedia politically liberal? Again, I don't think so!

Googleing for liberal media only means that it's been indexed that way due to conservatives spamming the internet with the keywords and keyphrases. It's not a reliable source. Instead look at those who claim to be politically liberal or whose contents has a liberal bias. It's much more difficult to find that way.

And you're right, racism played no part in the Clinton issues. This thread is about "Conservative Racism". I've laid out my thoughts on it, it would be nice to get the thread on track. If you'd like to take one of these posts over to another thread to discuss liberal vs conservative media have at it, it's a good topic.

By your posting "Conservative Racism" instead of just "RACISM" you invited a discussion of conservative/liberal viewpoints.
Ahso!

Conservative Racism

Post by Ahso! »

Lon;1374372 wrote: By your posting "Conservative Racism" instead of just "RACISM" you invited a discussion of conservative/liberal viewpoints.That wasn't my intent. I thought I clearly pointed out that "Conservative" was relevant because it is conservatives that blindly forgive their, as Anne Coulter would say, "better blacks"......perhaps rereading the OP would help.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Lon

Conservative Racism

Post by Lon »

Ahso!;1374374 wrote: That wasn't my intent. I thought I clearly pointed out that "Conservative" was relevant because it is conservatives that blindly forgive their, as Anne Coulter would say, "better blacks"......perhaps rereading the OP would help.

And perhaps clarity and lack of bias on your part would also help.
Ahso!

Conservative Racism

Post by Ahso! »

Lon;1374376 wrote: And perhaps clarity and lack of bias on your part would also help.I have no problem with my convictions, Lon. I'm aware it's fashionable to straddle the fence, but that's just not my style. I don't mind putting myself out there, even sloppily.

I appreciate the dialogue and would happily continue the conservative/liberal media topic on another thread, if you so desire. I'll let you decide whether or not to begin the thread. I'm sure Spot would assist moving however many posts you'd like there.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Lon

Conservative Racism

Post by Lon »

Ahso!;1374377 wrote: I have no problem with my convictions, Lon. I'm aware it's fashionable to straddle the fence, but that's just not my style. I don't mind putting myself out there, even sloppily.

I appreciate the dialogue and would happily continue the conservative/liberal media topic on another thread, if you so desire. I'll let you decide whether or not to begin the thread. I'm sure Spot would assist moving however many posts you'd like there.

I have no problems with my convictions either Ahso and hardly consider myself a fence straddler, fashionable or not. Ask me a direct question on any issue and I will give my opinion.

Tell me there is not a bit of bias in the following that you posted.

a) Black men don't womanize

b) It doesn't matter because who'd be attracted to a black man anyway

c) Look at what you can get away with and shielded from criticism for if only you'd become a member of the republican party (black men only).

d) black females aren't really women (Anita Hill), so the black male is not actually womanizing (except within his own species, I mean race)

e) black baptists notwithstanding, black people are exempt from conservative family values because, well, they're black and should not be expected to have family values or capable of living up to those of whites.

Is this really your perception of what the Conservative mindset is?
Snooz

Conservative Racism

Post by Snooz »

Lon;1374343 wrote: It really wasn't sex says Bill Clinton and the liberal media agrees and forgets. It's all a matter of perspective isn't it? Libs see things one way and conservatives another. And then there are some of us that like to pick on both libs and conservatives since they are both full of crap.

Are you serious, that's ALL the media reported on at the time and "cigar" is still used jokingly in certain circles. The Starr Report ended up focusing on Monica Lewinski and only spent $30+ million to do so.

Who the hell is the liberal media anyway?
Ahso!

Conservative Racism

Post by Ahso! »

You left out the preceding line of: "Here's what I can come up with to attempt to understand the justification behind this conservative position:"

Do I think what i wrote "is the conservative mindset?" In this instance, any one or combination of what I listed may very well be. I think as a strategy, conservatives are attempting to use race to their advantage, however, what it appears to be to me is the racism itself.

The question, once again has to do with what motivating force is driving conservatives who are continuing to support Cain which is contrary to their values? I personally don't think womanizing disqualifies a person from elected office, that's a conservative value. Why is it a Black conservative gets a reprieve from this value and a white candidate would most likely not? My list is made up of possible reasons or explanations.

Is that better?

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
flopstock

Conservative Racism

Post by flopstock »

Ahso!;1374374 wrote: That wasn't my intent. I thought I clearly pointed out that "Conservative" was relevant because it is conservatives that blindly forgive their, as Anne Coulter would say, "better blacks"......perhaps rereading the OP would help.

Do you have a quote of Anne Coulter saying that? I'd love a link if you do.
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

Ahso!

Conservative Racism

Post by Ahso! »

flopstock;1374396 wrote: Do you have a quote of Anne Coulter saying that? I'd love a link if you do.You can either read it quoted at the end of the article or hear it said at 5:45 into the video. If you can stand listening to the two people in the video for the entire 7+ minutes, it's interesting insight into how conservatives twist and retrofit facts to fit their skewed view.

Ann Coulter On Herman Cain: 'Our Blacks Are So Much Better Than Their Blacks' (VIDEO)

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Ahso!

Conservative Racism

Post by Ahso! »

So now that some Gop higher-ups are telling Cain it's time to get out, he's doing what he's been told and beginning the process. Interesting. Perhaps when Coulter said their blacks were so much better she meant that they're more obedient? Could be!

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Accountable

Conservative Racism

Post by Accountable »

:yh_rotfl :yh_rotfl :yh_rotfl :yh_rotfl

Clearly libs are visual people. :yh_rotfl
Ahso!

Conservative Racism

Post by Ahso! »

Well, this one is.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Ahso!

Conservative Racism

Post by Ahso! »

Cain has decided, at least for now, to be a defiant and stubborn.....candidate. Cain Pledges to Stay in Race - NYTimes.com

Herman Cain wrote: “They want you to believe that we can’t do this. They want you to believe that with enough character assassination on me, I will drop out!” Surely Mr Cain is referring to the republican party, otherwise who would "they" be? Democrats would love to have Herman run against Obama.

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple
Ahso!

Conservative Racism

Post by Ahso! »

Now Cain says he'll let us know in a week. Does this guy know how to milk a situation or what! Herman's dangerous, he flies by the seat of his pants, or, I mean, his fly is constantly undone. Whatever!

Voltaire

Sink back into the ocean

Fiona Apple

Return to “Societal Issues News”