The Is Andrew Adler going to spend time in custody thread

spot

Post by spot »

Anyone with news or views can bump the thread, I expect it'll take a long long time before we have an answer.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

spot;1381953 wrote: Anyone with news or views can bump the thread, I expect it'll take a long long time before we have an answer.

Maybe It's just a case of him being little Interest to anyone but you.?
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
spot

Post by spot »

Were that the case, he'd not be being so widely discussed in the newspapers.

The interesting comparison is what would be happening to him if he were an American Muslim instead of an American Jew. Were he an American Muslim I venture to suggest he'd be in custody already, with little prospect of release for several decades. What's gone wrong with law enforcement when it's become so biased?
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

spot;1381957 wrote: Were that the case, he'd not be being so widely discussed in the newspapers.

The interesting comparison is what would be happening to him if he were an American Muslim instead of an American Jew. Were he an American Muslim I venture to suggest he'd be in custody already, with little prospect of release for several decades. What's gone wrong with law enforcement when it's become so biased?

Oh Dear........

And there's the magic word to your thread..........

American
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
spot

Post by spot »

I sincerely doubt whether British law enforcement would allow a chap's religion to blind them to his foreign allegiance when it comes to his recommending the assassination of the head of state. I did think twice about "recommending" as a word but, looking at what he wrote, it does seem applicable. If you substitute "Hezbollah" for "Mossad" and so on it would read very treasonably to the average sensitized citizen. So why's it left unchallenged by law enforcement when it's advice to Israel?
Snooz

Post by Snooz »

I hadn't heard about this so I had to google the story. This ed op piece isn't too flattering: Jewish publisher's anti-Obama diatribe has defamed Israel - Haaretz Daily Newspaper | Israel News
spot

Post by spot »

And if he'd been an American Muslim, Snooze? Saying that one way forward from the current impasse would be for the Revolutionary Guard to send an assassination squad to the White House? Would you expect the FBI to have had him in for questioning by now?

Here, for reference, is Andrew Adler's "Option 3" wording: Three, give the go-ahead for U.S.-based Mossad agents to take out a president deemed unfriendly to Israel in order for the current vice president to take his place, and forcefully dictate that the United States' policy includes its helping the Jewish state obliterate its enemies.

Yes, you read "three" correctly. Order a hit on a president in order to preserve Israel's existence. Think about it. If I have thought of this Tom Clancy-type scenario, don't you think that this almost unfathomable idea has been discussed in Israel's most inner circles?

Another way of putting "three" in perspective goes something like this: How far would you go to save a nation comprised of seven million lives...Jews, Christians and Arabs alike?

You have got to believe, like I do, that all options are on the table.

AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

I didn't know about this at all spot, I wonder why this has received no attention here. Even if not placed in custody, he will be spoken to by Secret Service. I've never seen such disrespect shown to any president before, ever. After Obama came to office, I remember men with rifles outside of Obama's various events, with signs talking about spilling the blood of tyrants, or something similar. I saw SnoozeAgain heard nothing about this story either, I wonder why it's the big story in Europe.
spot

Post by spot »

Here we go, another move in the story:Andrew Adler's article in the Atlanta Jewish Times suggested Israel should "take out" President Barack Obama for his perceived unfriendly stances on the Jewish State.

In an interview with the Atlanta Interfaith Broadcasters published on YouTube, Adler tearfully apologized for his words. "I just felt I was doing my job as an editor/publisher to get people to wake up to what's going on with Iran and Israel," Adler said.

Publisher resigns over article suggesting hit on president | www.wsbtv.com

I'm still of the opinion that if the chap was an American Muslim who'd written that the Palestinian cause could be advanced if Hizbollah did what Adler proposed, then that American Muslim would by now be in custody while charges were prepared against him.

Firstly, am I mistaken in thinking this, and secondly, what justification is there for the difference in treatment? Or is American law enforcement institutionally racist when it comes to Muslims?

As background, so nobody thinks I'm anti-Israel or anything, I'm all in favour of Israel remaining exactly where it is, governing (as it currently does, in effect) the Gaza strip and the West Bank, with exactly the same people living in the same territory as are currently there. All I insist on is that Israel's constitution and laws completely drop all reference to race, religion and ethnicity, thereby removing the stain of apartheid.
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

spot;1382327 wrote: Here we go, another move in the story:Andrew Adler's article in the Atlanta Jewish Times suggested Israel should "take out" President Barack Obama for his perceived unfriendly stances on the Jewish State.

In an interview with the Atlanta Interfaith Broadcasters published on YouTube, Adler tearfully apologized for his words. "I just felt I was doing my job as an editor/publisher to get people to wake up to what's going on with Iran and Israel," Adler said.

Publisher resigns over article suggesting hit on president | www.wsbtv.com

I'm still of the opinion that if the chap was an American Muslim who'd written that the Palestinian cause could be advanced if Hizbollah did what Adler proposed, then that American Muslim would by now be in custody while charges were prepared against him.

Firstly, am I mistaken in thinking this, and secondly, what justification is there for the difference in treatment? Or is American law enforcement institutionally racist when it comes to Muslims?

Of course there would be higher scrutiny on the Muslim, we're at war with different bands of the Muslim faith. We are not at war with Israel or the Jewish faith. I have never heard of a member of the Jewish faith (up until now), calling for the death of Americans, infidels etc. etc. You ask is it racist? If we go to war with the British and the British threaten us we will have no problem jailing pasty Methodist British citizens.

As background, so nobody thinks I'm anti-Israel or anything, I'm all in favour of Israel remaining exactly where it is, governing (as it currently does, in effect) the Gaza strip and the West Bank, with exactly the same people living in the same territory as are currently there. All I insist on is that Israel's constitution and laws completely drop all reference to race, religion and ethnicity, thereby removing the stain of apartheid.

I'm in favor of Israel and Palestine getting along also. I'm even fairly certain our government is in favor of the same.
spot

Post by spot »

YZGI;1382337 wrote: I'm in favor of Israel and Palestine getting along also. I'm even fairly certain our government is in favor of the same.

Do you not think an American Muslim would have been taken into custody for writing an equivalent article?

Do you think Andrew Adler going to spend time in custody for writing the article he wrote?

If there's a difference in treatment by law enforcement, how do you think it's justifiable?
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

spot;1382344 wrote: Do you not think an American Muslim would have been taken into custody for writing an equivalent article?

Not sure, it would probably depend on the context.

Do you think Andrew Adler going to spend time in custody for writing the article he wrote?

I doubt it.

If there's a difference in treatment by law enforcement, how do you think it's justifiable?

We are in wars with the Muslims, we are not in wars with Jews.
koan

Post by koan »

The American government seems to be in favour of Israelis and Palestines living in the kind of peace where the Israeli's exercise an apartheid state with the boundaries they choose and the Palestinians peacefully allow it.
koan

Post by koan »

"The JTA also reports that Adler, who also owns the Jewish Times, is now looking for a buyer."

Andrew Adler, 'Atlanta Jewish Times' Publisher, Resigns After Obama Assassination Comments

you up to the task, spot?
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

Post by Bryn Mawr »

YZGI;1382349 wrote: We are in wars with the Muslims, we are not in wars with Jews.

Two points :-

Who declared those wars? If the answer is "America" then you cannot use that as justification.

Are you, as GWB suggested, at war with Muslims or are you at war in certain Muslim countries for reasons not directly connected with their religion. If the latter then you cannot use that as justification for differential treatment of Muslims.
spot

Post by spot »

It would seem the concept of civil rights hasn't penetrated to all parts of the US yet.

Return to “Societal Issues News”