America Commits Suicide

Here lies the United States of America

Born: July 4, 1776

Died: November 6, 2012

¨The Will of the People Has Spoken, and America Died

The End of an Empire

- Dr. Ileana Johnson Paugh

The End of an Empire
Truth Frees! Evolution is evidence free speculation masquerading as science.
Pahu

America Commits Suicide

Post by Pahu »

The End of an Empire

Comment: How can we expect God to save a people dedicated to godlessness? History shows we cannot!

John Adams said:

[W]e have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. . . . Our constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

t is religion and morality alone which can establish the principles upon which freedom can securely stand. The only foundation of a free constitution is pure virtue.

Samuel Adams said:

[N]either the wisest constitution nor the wisest laws will secure the liberty and happiness of a people whose manners are universally corrupt.

Benjamin Franklin said:

[O]nly a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters.

George Washington said:

[T]he [federal] government . . . can never be in danger of degenerating into a monarchy, and oligarchy, an aristocracy, or any other despotic or oppressive form so long as there shall remain any virtue in the body of the people.
Truth Frees! Evolution is evidence free speculation masquerading as science.
AnneBoleyn

America Commits Suicide

Post by AnneBoleyn »

I'm guessing you're a republican. Sour grapes.
K.Snyder

America Commits Suicide

Post by K.Snyder »

Pahu, would you like to post some facts in the context of today's modern society or would you like to continue this nonsensical and useless drivel?
Peter Lake

America Commits Suicide

Post by Peter Lake »

I may write a similar thread should Labour win the next general election.
Accountable

America Commits Suicide

Post by Accountable »

AnneBoleyn;1410533 wrote: I'm guessing you're a republican. Sour grapes.
Gotta be Repub, mourning an empire then quoting four isolationists. He should've quoted James Polk or William McKinley, but that would require acknowledging the bipartisan spirit of the empire... and the fact that such expansionism was antithetical to the Founders' views.
LarsMac

America Commits Suicide

Post by LarsMac »

The fact that Ms Paugh begins with the "Empire" word pretty much sinks the whole missive.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Snooz

America Commits Suicide

Post by Snooz »

I was reading recently that compared to some beloved and worshiped Republicans in the past such as Reagan, Obama is more Republican than they ever were. Its just that times have changed so much and we've become so bipartisan (and the far right has become completely and utterly unhinged), that we don't recognize the differences from just 30 years ago.
jones jones

America Commits Suicide

Post by jones jones »

Pahu;1410526 wrote: The End of an Empire

Comment: How can we expect God to save a people dedicated to godlessness? History shows we cannot!

John Adams said:

[W]e have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. . . . Our constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

t is religion and morality alone which can establish the principles upon which freedom can securely stand. The only foundation of a free constitution is pure virtue.

Samuel Adams said:

[N]either the wisest constitution nor the wisest laws will secure the liberty and happiness of a people whose manners are universally corrupt.

Benjamin Franklin said:

[O]nly a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters.

George Washington said:

[T]he [federal] government . . . can never be in danger of degenerating into a monarchy, and oligarchy, an aristocracy, or any other despotic or oppressive form so long as there shall remain any virtue in the body of the people.

Citizen Pahu ... Last time I looked the good old US of A looked pretty much alive and kickin'! I take it from your posts that you one of those earthlings who figures god is running the world?
"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters
gmc

America Commits Suicide

Post by gmc »

While she laments the death of a constitutional republic she obviously believes in a one party state just so, long as it's a religious dictatorship.
AnneBoleyn

America Commits Suicide

Post by AnneBoleyn »

gmc;1410623 wrote: While she laments the death of a constitutional republic she obviously believes in a one party state just so, long as it's a religious dictatorship.

Isn't Pahu a guy?
Accountable

America Commits Suicide

Post by Accountable »

AnneBoleyn;1410637 wrote: Isn't Pahu a guy?
Yes, but the writer he links to is a woman.
AnneBoleyn

America Commits Suicide

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Accountable;1410638 wrote: Yes, but the writer he links to is a woman.

:yh_blush

I should pay better attention

Return to “Current Events”