Live traffic cameras

General humor & jokes. Share funny photos and jokes. Must be "R" rated or below.
gmc

Live traffic cameras

Post by gmc »

Night time on skye

Traffic Scotland

Might not see much - it's dark:sneaky:

Out of curiosity I have been looking at some of these around the world. I think I may know why there are so many accidents in america. You are all driving on the right side of the road which, confusingly is actually the wrong side you should be driving on the left which as anyone with any common sense will know is the right side. It's such a basic concept why don't you get it?

Not just americans I had an amusing incident with a dutch lorry driver - parked up to sleep overnight in his cab in a local industrial estate he woke up, had breakfast forgot where he was cheerfully setting off on the right side of the road which as we have established is actually the wrong side and I happened to be the first car he met. Not that amusing actually I nearly wet myself with excitement coming round a bend to find a forty ton fifteen feet high seven foot wide lorry accelerating towards me. Don't know which of us got the bigger fright. How we laughed together at the near miss.
Snooz

Live traffic cameras

Post by Snooz »

Right = correct.
gmc

Live traffic cameras

Post by gmc »

SnoozeAgain;1422415 wrote: Right = correct.

I'm surprised america follows the french in this matter of driving on the right. It's typically french, bloody minded and wrong just for the sake of it.
flopstock

Live traffic cameras

Post by flopstock »

I will typically split the difference by driving down the middle of the road.:sneaky:
I expressly forbid the use of any of my posts anywhere outside of FG (with the exception of the incredibly witty 'get a room already' )posted recently.

Folks who'd like to copy my intellectual work should expect to pay me for it.:-6

LarsMac

Live traffic cameras

Post by LarsMac »

Some traffic cams in our neighborhood

The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
gmc

Live traffic cameras

Post by gmc »

Whereabouts is that? It's really weird seeing double yellow lines in the middle of the road.
AnneBoleyn

Live traffic cameras

Post by AnneBoleyn »

gmc;1422508 wrote: Whereabouts is that? It's really weird seeing double yellow lines in the middle of the road.

Double yellow means 'Do Not Pass'. The traffic is moving in both directions.

LM, beautiful neighborhood!
LarsMac

Live traffic cameras

Post by LarsMac »

The center line in most US states is a combination of dash and solid lines or two solid yellow.

two solid yellow lines means no passing same direction traffic. A solid and dashed center line means the traffic facing the solid line is not permitted to pass,while the traffic facing the dashed line is permitted to pass.

A single dashed center line indicates passing is permitted (With appropriate caution expected) in both directions.

The first is near Berthoud Pass, Colorado

The second is Interstate 70 just west of Denver, CO

The third image is a highway between Estes Park, CO (to the north: camera direction) and Central City, CO (to the south) I live about 5 miles to the east of this camera.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
AnneBoleyn

Live traffic cameras

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Double yellow is same direction, no passing? Been too long since I've driven. It's so pretty where you live.

eta--crashed my car 9 years ago going for my first chemo appt. It was lunacy on my part to be driving. Didn't get another car because parking is so difficult to find in my neighborhood it takes all the fun out of it. Waiting for a garage space in this coop before I get another car. Been on the list for almost 10 Years!!!! & I am number 15. Bet I'm too old, sick & broke by the time a space comes up. Maybe a miracle will happen. :-(
gmc

Live traffic cameras

Post by gmc »

In the UK and europe as well double yellow lines at the side of the road mean no parking at any time. If they're in the middle of the road you are on the pavement.

Return to “Just For The Fun Of It”