Are You and I Happy Happy Happy?

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

I’ve been thinking this weekend about happiness. How do we define it and when we do find it how do we know it is happiness we have found? And if we’ve never been really unhappy, how will we recognise happiness in the second place?

We often figure that big bucks will make us happy, but if we look at the lives of those earthlings who have lots of money, what do we find?

Many of them are very rich but at the same time they are very unhappy. Or at least that’s the impression they give.

Me Jj personally, I would be happy if I could live out the rest of my life far far away from “civilisation” in a place where there are no cell phones, TVs, computers or 21st century stuff.

Where you reap what you sow and if you don’t then you starve. I would like to be done with this kinda stuff and live off mother earth.

So what makes you happy or what will make you happy right now?
"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters
along-for-the-ride

Post by along-for-the-ride »

I think this about sums it up:

Attached files
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Lady J

Post by Lady J »

Digging in the earth; planting tiny seeds of vegetables and flowers and waiting (the waiting part doesn't thrill me but ) after they start to grow it is very rewarding and then reaping the harvest and sharing it with my neighbors. Nothing like sharing a basket of fresh picked veggies and fresh cut flowers!

I like getting my hands dirty...something about it that makes me feel 'whole.' That make me feel happy.

Making people smile. :) Smiles are contagious you know.:-6

Going away....far away on vacation...no cell phones...nothing but this.

Being someone special for someone who is Special....I think You know.

Being happy is an aura that you create.
Hope6

Post by Hope6 »

I already live in one of those off the beaten paths Jj and I have to say the peace and quiet is very nice! :) This is a picture of the road to my house. :)

http://www.forumgarden.com/forums/attac ... 1393723479
Chloe_88

Post by Chloe_88 »

This is the kind of thing that makes me happy.

Meet Charlie (budgie):

Someone gave him to us because they couldn't take care of him. I think he fell out of the nest or the mum kicked him out or something. He's 3 weeks old and during the day I have to feed him special baby bird porridge. He's growing like nobody's business!

During the day I carry him with me to keep him warm, like now he is sitting with me all wrapped up.

These little things make me happy.
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

Chloe_88;1451160 wrote: This is de kind of thing that makes me happy.

Meet Charlie (budgie):

Someone gave him to us because they couldn't take care of him. I think he fell out of the nest or the mum kicked him out or something. He's 3 weeks old and during the day I have to feed him special baby bird porridge. He's growing like nobody's business!

During the day I carry him with me to keep him warm, like now he is sitting with me all wrapped up.

These little things make me happy.

I bet not half as happy as it makes Charlie feel!
"…I hate how I don’t feel real enough unless people are watching." — Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters
AnneBoleyn

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Hope6;1451073 wrote: I already live in one of those off the beaten paths Jj and I have to say the peace and quiet is very nice! :) This is a picture of the road to my house. :)

http://www.forumgarden.com/forums/attac ... 1393723479

Lovely.
Chloe_88

Post by Chloe_88 »

jones jones;1451162 wrote: I bet not half as happy as it makes Charlie feel!

I hope so JJ..
jones jones

Post by jones jones »

Chloe_88;1451166 wrote: I hope so JJ..

Somehow budgies always remind me of my childhood. So its great you are caring for Charlie cos it will make you feel young again ... not that you're old, but I'm sure you know what I mean.
Chloe_88

Post by Chloe_88 »

jones jones;1451169 wrote: Somehow budgies always remind me of my childhood. So its great you are caring for Charlie cos it will make you feel young again ... not that you're old, but I'm sure you know what I mean.

:wah: me old? Nah, I know what you mean.

Actually it takes the focus off of my own bad functioning body. I still get dizzy or have acid but the focus is not so much there when I'm looking after my pets / other animals.
Hope6

Post by Hope6 »

Thank you Anne, unfortunately the picture came out very small. It's a copy and paste from up in my journal. :)

Return to “General Chit Chat”