How sad and how quick ..

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Chloe_88

How sad and how quick ..

Post by Chloe_88 »

How sad and how quick ..

About 12 days ago I posted something about; doesn't it just always happen to the good ones?

I was talking about my vet, who was diagnosed with cancer in the chest (I suspect the lungs).

He was taken in to hospital on the 3rd of march, and I'm sorry to say he died monday evening the 31st of march.

From diagnosis to the end went very quick.. He has left behind his family of which several young (begin teens) children.

We all die some day.. but this was far too young and a horrible way to go.. I just hope he didn't suffer too much..
AnneBoleyn

How sad and how quick ..

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Chloe, with a diagnosis like his, the quicker the better. I know, believe me, how in shock & in grief his survivors are. BUT---he was lucky in that there was less suffering For HIM. I'm sad to hear of his loss of life, but with what he had, it was best he did not linger or go through unnecessary treatment.

I'm guessing the cancer metastasised to his brain & shut off the lungs & heart. At least that is what happened to my dad.
Chloe_88

How sad and how quick ..

Post by Chloe_88 »

Yeah it is better it went quick.. The other vet said that he was in a lot of pain and on lots of meds..

I just hope he didn't suffer too much..
Oscar Namechange

How sad and how quick ..

Post by Oscar Namechange »

There's more shock when It's sudden.

A good neighbour was recently diagnosed with throat cancer at just 49. Weeks later he was gone and we were all like WTF ????

I don't know what's best, that's debatable, quick or slow.

My husband was In hospital today and we learned his lung capacity Is just 40 % now and the lung deterioration has been quite rapid In the past year. It's been a long slow drawn out process so I'm not sure what I'd prefer. I just know It's damn hard either way.

Sorry for your loss Chloe.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Chloe_88

How sad and how quick ..

Post by Chloe_88 »

Thank you Oscar..

I think it all depends on who how and what.

I have a feeling the vet, with his medical knowledge knew what was coming and that was that.

On the other hand I have know someone (ex- co worker) who was told he would die (at about 18 or something) of cancer.

He's still around and about now years and years later.

My grandad had such bad lungs for years. He even had a hole in his lung once that had repaired it self.. how odd, even the doctors couldn't understand how..

He lived untill he was 80 and died in 2007. But even when I was little, I remember going in his room (when he was staying over) with tea and toast checking if he was still with us.
Chloe_88

How sad and how quick ..

Post by Chloe_88 »

McOscar;1451253 wrote: My husband was In hospital today and we learned his lung capacity Is just 40 % now and the lung deterioration has been quite rapid In the past year. It's been a long slow drawn out process so I'm not sure what I'd prefer. I just know It's damn hard either way.

And how is Peter in himself? Is he still enjoying life I mean
Oscar Namechange

How sad and how quick ..

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Chloe_88;1451262 wrote: And how is Peter in himself? Is he still enjoying life I mean Thank you for asking.

He's quite upbeat. He does what he wants when he wants In his own time. But most days he's totally exhausted by Midday and I know he feels guilty not being able to help me around the house because I get so tired. Yet, I'd say, all In all, he's happy with the situation. He's not Interested In the offered heart and lung transplant. He seems to have accepted his lot and seems to deal with It OK.

Me... I tell myself It's not happening... that's my way of getting through. Ho hum... such Is life. But we laugh a lot. That keeps us close.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Chloe_88

How sad and how quick ..

Post by Chloe_88 »

McOscar;1451263 wrote: But we laugh a lot. That keeps us close.

That's the most important thing :)

Return to “General Chit Chat”