Wedding Belle Blues

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
AnneBoleyn

Wedding Belle Blues

Post by AnneBoleyn »

The countdown is almost over. My son is getting married this Sunday, Aug. 3. For me, it's actually Saturday, Aug. 2 as we are leaving home to stay in a hotel near the wedding site & there will be a rehearsal & dinner. I'm supposed to be ready for hair & make-up at 9AM. I'm not a morning person. Today & tomorrow I have to get ready with stuff like mani/pedi, packing, etc. I carry a lot of medicines around.

I haven't been a girly girl in a very very long time. Lucky some friends are giving me lessons.

I'm happy for him, VERY. But I'm a wreck.

I've gone from panic to zombie state. I kind of prefer the zombie state, it's more calming.

Anyway, being numb I'm not sure if I'm making any sense at all. Events like this are totally unusual for me & way far out of my "comfort" zone (not that I'm sure I even have a "comfort" zone).

Although it's a happy occasion, it's really really hard for me, on me. Wish me luck that I don't fall on the floor, faint or cry hysterically. Breathe, breathe. Don't Scream.
theia

Wedding Belle Blues

Post by theia »

I'm sure you'll enjoy it once the wait is over, Anne. But I have to say I know exactly how you're feeling, I was the same before my granddaughter's wedding last year. I've become unaccustomed to such celebrations.
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
Bruv

Wedding Belle Blues

Post by Bruv »

Deep breathes and relax, smile regally as befits a Queen.......and relax and enjoy it......relax........deep breathes.....relax......got it? Good.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
AnneBoleyn

Wedding Belle Blues

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Thank you theia, but granddaughter getting married? Holy cow, were you a child bride?
AnneBoleyn

Wedding Belle Blues

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Thank you Bruv. "smile regally as befits a Queen" You always make me feel good.
theia

Wedding Belle Blues

Post by theia »

AnneBoleyn;1461071 wrote: Thank you theia, but granddaughter getting married? Holy cow, were you a child bride?

Not quite, Anne...18. My daughter is 46 and my eldest granddaughter is 24.
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
AnneBoleyn

Wedding Belle Blues

Post by AnneBoleyn »

theia;1461080 wrote: Not quite, Anne...18. My daughter is 46 and my eldest granddaughter is 24.

That's a child bride to me! I was 30!
Betty Boop

Wedding Belle Blues

Post by Betty Boop »

Easier said than done I know, but just try to keep smiling, no one but us will know you are out of your comfort zone, and don't forget the tissues for the tears of happiness during the ceremony.

Hope you have a fabulous weekend, try to relax and enjoy! :-6
AnneBoleyn

Wedding Belle Blues

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Betty Boop;1461093 wrote: Easier said than done I know, but just try to keep smiling, no one but us will know you are out of your comfort zone, and don't forget the tissues for the tears of happiness during the ceremony.

Hope you have a fabulous weekend, try to relax and enjoy! :-6

OK, you promised Not to tell!! Not just tissues, but more heavy-duty products, like the kind you clean off your kitchen with! Thanks so much Betty for your best wishes. Deeply appreciated!
LarsMac

Wedding Belle Blues

Post by LarsMac »

Relax and enjoy.

Have fun.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
AnneBoleyn

Wedding Belle Blues

Post by AnneBoleyn »

LarsMac;1461114 wrote: Relax and enjoy.

Have fun.

:-6

Had my first professional mani/pedi today. All the nail technicians thought that was hilarious & told all the customers! Everyone laughed, but WITH me! Fun experience to start out the weekend.
Wandrin

Wedding Belle Blues

Post by Wandrin »

It sounds like you are having fun. Good! :D
Chloe_88

Wedding Belle Blues

Post by Chloe_88 »

Congrats Anne. I hope you all have a blast!
AnneBoleyn

Wedding Belle Blues

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Thank you Wandrin & Chloe. I'm not sure I remember what a blast! is, but I guess I'll be finding out!
Bruv

Wedding Belle Blues

Post by Bruv »

AnneBoleyn;1461119 wrote: :-6

Had my first professional mani/pedi today. All the nail technicians thought that was hilarious & told all the customers! Everyone laughed, but WITH me! Fun experience to start out the weekend.

And that was before it starts.......see.......now sleep well.....*yea right*........wake refreshed and relaxed and enjoy.
AnneBoleyn

Wedding Belle Blues

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Bruv;1461146 wrote: And that was before it starts.......see.......now sleep well.....*yea right*........wake refreshed and relaxed and enjoy.

:yh_nailbi :yh_sweat

Oh no! Now I'm nervous again! I get really emotional when I don't have enough sleep!

:yh_cry--Like a crybaby!

:yh_pray :yh_pray :yh_pray
LarsMac

Wedding Belle Blues

Post by LarsMac »

AnneBoleyn;1461156 wrote: :yh_nailbi :yh_sweat

Oh no! Now I'm nervous again! I get really emotional when I don't have enough sleep!

:yh_cry--Like a crybaby!

:yh_pray :yh_pray :yh_pray

Well, get all that crying out of the way before you do your make-up.
The home of the soul is the Open Road.
- DH Lawrence
Patsy Warnick

Wedding Belle Blues

Post by Patsy Warnick »

Anne my Dear you'll be fine - your a stronger person than you realize.

Hell, I remember a story where your in the parking lot screaming & telling a Russian lady off. :wah: Yep that's our Anne.

Enjoy & take in the festive event.

I started thinking I don't attend many weddings - Oh, sure a old fart marrying his neighbor.

It's been years since I attended a beautiful ceremony.

Enjoy yourself & you'll have to post a pic

Patsy
Lady J

Wedding Belle Blues

Post by Lady J »

Enjoy the day Anne!

Cry a lot, smile tons more and reach out and let yourself go!

You deserve it!!

Best to you, your son and his new wife!!

:-6:yh_hugs:yh_hugs
Bruv

Wedding Belle Blues

Post by Bruv »

Come on.......what was is like?
Saint_

Wedding Belle Blues

Post by Saint_ »

Yeah, fill us in. She's probably still wrapped up in the festivities.
AnneBoleyn

Wedding Belle Blues

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Well, I'm wrapped up in something! Thanks for asking. It was incredibly beautiful in every way. I had a fabulous time & was not nervous, not one bit & enjoyed every moment to the fullest. My friend from Florida came back to visit, & she just left. I guess I'm exhausted.

To see my son so happy & in Love.....................it's all I ever really wanted for him besides having a job above starvation level & one that he enjoys, which he does.

I'm very happy, over the moon, & I'm not used to feeling this way. The couple left for a Grecian Honeymoon & they called me several times before they left & e-mailed me from Athens. They love me & I love them.

My challenge now is to make sure I have my own life & can find purpose & fulfillment & not be bored stiff.

The night before the wedding, the rehearsal & dinner went off without a hitch. My hotel room had a view of the Hudson. The reception was in a fantastic place; it was right on the Hudson, with balconies, & a great view of the Statue of Liberty. It was supposed to rain that day but was warm & sunny! I never tasted a filet mignon so tender, I could have used a butter knife.

Perfection from start to finish. The bride has a warm, close family that readily accepts me, as my son, of course, as if we were born to the family. The couple's friends are Great Fun & it could have gone on for days.

Sigh!!
Betty Boop

Wedding Belle Blues

Post by Betty Boop »

AnneBoleyn;1461486 wrote: Well, I'm wrapped up in something! Thanks for asking. It was incredibly beautiful in every way. I had a fabulous time & was not nervous, not one bit & enjoyed every moment to the fullest. My friend from Florida came back to visit, & she just left. I guess I'm exhausted.

To see my son so happy & in Love.....................it's all I ever really wanted for him besides having a job above starvation level & one that he enjoys, which he does.

I'm very happy, over the moon, & I'm not used to feeling this way. The couple left for a Grecian Honeymoon & they called me several times before they left & e-mailed me from Athens. They love me & I love them.

My challenge now is to make sure I have my own life & can find purpose & fulfillment & not be bored stiff.

The night before the wedding, the rehearsal & dinner went off without a hitch. My hotel room had a view of the Hudson. The reception was in a fantastic place; it was supposed to rain that day but was warm & sunny! I never tasted a filet mignon so tender, I could have used a butter knife.

Perfection from start to finish. The bride has a warm, close family that readily accepts me, as my son, of course, as if we were born to the family. The couple's friends are Great Fun & it could have gone on for days.

Sigh!!

ahhhhhh... all sounds wonderful Anne, glad it was all ok and all that anxiety was silly hey :-4 (said tongue in cheek, I know all too well that if you had to go through it again next week the anxiousness would still be there :))
Bruv

Wedding Belle Blues

Post by Bruv »

I am well chuffed for you.

All that angst for nothing.
AnneBoleyn

Wedding Belle Blues

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Bruv;1461488 wrote: I am well chuffed for you.

All that angst for nothing.

It wasn't nothing. It was ME!
AnneBoleyn

Wedding Belle Blues

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Betty Boop;1461487 wrote: ahhhhhh... all sounds wonderful Anne, glad it was all ok and all that anxiety was silly hey :-4 (said tongue in cheek, I know all too well that if you had to go through it again next week the anxiousness would still be there :))

No, Betty, No. I mean Yes, Betty, Yes! Every incredible moment of my life is somehow tied up with my "boy!" I thought I had amazing times before him, but he takes the cake. It was delicious cake btw, FUDGE! By that time I couldn't even finish it!
along-for-the-ride

Wedding Belle Blues

Post by along-for-the-ride »

I'm so glad it went well! Sounds lovely. :)
Life is a Highway. Let's share the Commute.
Bruv

Wedding Belle Blues

Post by Bruv »

AnneBoleyn;1461489 wrote: It wasn't nothing. It was ME!

Mothers....phhttt!!!
AnneBoleyn

Wedding Belle Blues

Post by AnneBoleyn »

Bruv;1461494 wrote: Mothers....phhttt!!!

No, not mothers, not all mothers anyway. I claim the blame for myself!
AnneBoleyn

Wedding Belle Blues

Post by AnneBoleyn »

along-for-the-ride;1461493 wrote: I'm so glad it went well! Sounds lovely. :)

It WAS! It WAS! It WAS! Thanks!

Return to “General Chit Chat”