Ups Downs

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
FourPart

Ups Downs

Post by FourPart »

Now that I'm settling in more & more with my job as a Customer Service Advisor at Utilita Energy I have switched my own Electricity Supply. Although I would prefer to remain as Credit payment, as opposed to Prepayment, the savings are so massive that it would be stupid not to. Anyway, on the day of switching I made a point of taking a Midnight meter read & a couple of days later checked my First Utility Account to see how much I owed. I was rather shocked to see over £269. Then I noticed there was a little 'c' after it - a Credit balance. I phoned them & they confirmed it was exactly that & I have made arrangements for it to be refunded to my bank (they hadn't been reevaluating my usage each year). Then, last Tuesday I logged into my Online Banking app on my phone to see if it had been paid in & saw a deposit of about £261.93. "Close enough", I thought. Then I noticed it wasn't from First Utility at all, but from the HMRC as Working Tax Credits owing to me from last year. Although I've still not received my refund, but no real hurry.

What with my next payment for my new car being due next week (pay day on Thursday, which should also include an Attendance Bonus), I should be able to make a few months extra payments. Mind you, on the down side, £95 of that has had to go to pay for a Driver Awareness Course. I picked up the car on the 1st, and got clocked doing 37mph in a 30mph zone on the 6th. Mind you, when you consider that the 30mph zone is actually a Dual Carriageway, and I was moving with the flow of the rest of the traffic, I still feel it was a bit unjustified, but not worth challenging in court. At least this way I don't get a record of fines or having any points on my licence.

Return to “General Chit Chat”