a counter dose of fluffiness...

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

(...reaches for blender with evil cackle...;))

I did get a good counter dose of fluffiness today, though: Went to get bird food and in the pet shop was a young girl being cuted out by 2 freshly goomed puppies. The whole place was on the verge of exploding into candyfloss.

Came home and tortured my lodgers to regain some balance.
The crowd: "Yes! We are all individuals!"

Lone voice: "I'm not."
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

Clodhopper;1511079 wrote: (...reaches for blender with evil cackle...;))

Came home and tortured my lodgers to regain some balance.

As you do on a good day .

You guys still sell puppies and kittens in pet stores? Not allowed to anymore in Australia. I think birds and gold fish are still sold.
The 'radical' left just wants everyone to have food, shelter, healthcare, education and a living wage. Man that's radical!....ooooohhhh Scary!
spot

Post by spot »

Most pet shops in England mostly sell rodents and fish.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

So the RSPCA hasnt put a total ban yet? Anything with fur will eventually be banned. Which means the average puppy now is between 1 and 4 grand. I kid you not. If uou dont believe me look up buying a dog in australia. Trading post, dog sites etc.
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

Not sure if it actually banned but I don't recall seeing a puppy or kitten for sale in a pet shop for ages. No: this pet shop did pet grooming (see typo above, "gooming") and the puppies were there for that.

minks

Post by minks »

mostly banned here as well, we do see the pet stores set up "events" where they have "adoption days" which is fantastic. They will bring in a few cats or dogs (mostly cats) and kind of feature them with hopes of getting them into good homes.

We have the SPCA and the animal shelters here screaming for people to adopt pets.

And yes there are the breeders.... and the wannabe breeders here and a purebred is available if you want to put a second mortgage on your home.
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

I can never understand why some people spend small fortunes on a particular breed of dog for just a house pet, or burglar deterrent, when there are thousands of mixed breed dogs, and even some discarded pure bred dogs that make lovely house pets. We have always had a rescue dog except our very first, which we were given as it was the offspring of my mother's lovely mixed-breed dog.
I'm a Saga-lout, growing old disgracefully
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

What amazes me is the cost of a rescue dog. Between $300 and$800 . Unless you get an older dog but then youre left with vet bills of an aging dog.
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

When we got our first rescue dog back in 1978, it cost us around £30 and that included all his injections and a name tag for his collar. Prices increased and it cost a lot more each time we got a rescue dog, but they were still a hellova lot cheaper than buying a pedigree animal, and you were giving an abandoned dog a 'forever family'. Our latest dog, Jessica, a German Shepherd/collie cross cost us around £160 and that included all injections, identity chip (since made a legal requirement), a name tag for her collar and a first installment in a 'lost dog, search' club membership. We have carried on with that membership and also have Jessie insured and we also pay a monthly subscription for a vet club (pays for all her monthly worm and tick/flea tablets and twice yearly M.O.T. inspection). It costs us quite a bit each month one way or another, we are pensioners so we have to be careful with our money but she is worth every penny, bless her heart. She is a lovely dog, full of personality, character and always ready for fun - she also 'talks', which is hilarious. :yh_rotfl
Bruv

Post by Bruv »

Why aren't you getting your beauty sleep Gilly ?

Have only ever had one family dog, I am not an animal person, her name was Jennie. A mixed breed character, she used to walk sideways wagging her tail to greet you.

Back then would sit outside our front door, and randomly visit our newsagents and steal tights.......I kid you not.

She was contrary, would never come in when called. Our council house estate was inside out, with an internal grassed area at the front and service roads at the back.

Everybody knew her and her kleptomaniac tendencies, she got fat and unwell and eventually she was taken to the vet and never returned.
I thought I knew more than this until I opened my mouth
G#Gill

Post by G#Gill »

Bruv;1511119 wrote: Why aren't you getting your beauty sleep Gilly ?

Have only ever had one family dog, I am not an animal person, her name was Jennie. A mixed breed character, she used to walk sideways wagging her tail to greet you.

Back then would sit outside our front door, and randomly visit our newsagents and steal tights.......I kid you not.

She was contrary, would never come in when called. Our council house estate was inside out, with an internal grassed area at the front and service roads at the back.

Everybody knew her and her kleptomaniac tendencies, she got fat and unwell and eventually she was taken to the vet and never returned.

I don't need beauty sleep Mr. Bruv, me owd mate, cos eyes beautiful regardless !!! :yh_angel :yh_whistl :yh_blush ......................:yh_hugs @ Bruv. :)
cars

Post by cars »

G#Gill;1511123 wrote: I don't need beauty sleep Mr. Bruv, me owd mate, cos eyes beautiful regardless !!! :yh_angel :yh_whistl :yh_blush ......................:yh_hugs @ Bruv. :)

j

Oh Oh, I see Photobucket caught up to you removing your sig picture, like they did me. They are holding your photo files hostage until you "pay" them between $60 to $400 dollars depending on your file size.

Outrageous! :-5
Cars :)
spot

Post by spot »

I blocked Photobucket years ago. Dreadful nonsense, pictures.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

BEST THING IVE SEEN IN AGES!!!!....on the local news tonight.

Kids covered head to foot in MUD! So refreshing.

A school in Heyfield Gippsland, made their own obstical course.....annnndd guess which bit was the most popular?

Yep! The MUD BIT! Ive never seen so many children covered head to foot in mud since i was in girl guides......and then my own boys which i always encouraged to get down and dirty when they were young.

Thats jst put me in a really good mood.
Clodhopper

Post by Clodhopper »

Flanders and Swann:

Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

magentaflame;1512722 wrote: BEST THING IVE SEEN IN AGES!!!!....on the local news tonight.

Kids covered head to foot in MUD! So refreshing.

A school in Heyfield Gippsland, made their own obstical course.....annnndd guess which bit was the most popular?

Yep! The MUD BIT! Ive never seen so many children covered head to foot in mud since i was in girl guides......and then my own boys which i always encouraged to get down and dirty when they were young.

Thats jst put me in a really good mood.

My son's school has a mud kitchen, it's the most fought over area of outside play :wah:
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

It does kids good to get dirty. Not only is it a benefit to mental health, but it builds up the natural immune system. You find that people who have been raised in a sterile world are the ones that are constantly getting ill, being the first to go down with the slightest bug that might be going round. Come to that, the same seems to apply to those who insist on only eating all the 'healthy' foods.
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

I remember telling one of my boys teachers how they ate straight from the vege garden...she was horrified,saying i should wash the veges first and should wear gloves when picking it. Very strange woman.

Think of all the vitamins and substances they are getting into their systems that a lot of people expect to find in a vitamin capsule

Actually, only the other day we were sitting on the verandah chomping on radishes straight from the garden right in front of us.
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

Betty Boop;1512727 wrote: My son's school has a mud kitchen, it's the most fought over area of outside play :wah:

THAT! Is so cool
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

magentaflame;1512834 wrote: THAT! Is so cool

It is, and they desperately need old saucepans and wooden spoons so there's enough to go round
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

Just thinking of that big galute son of mine in the next room.... i remember him not quite understanding that you dont actually "eat" mud pies. Must run in the family because my sister used to as well

.......but then again she used to eat dead spiders and flys too.

Oh well lol.
magentaflame

Post by magentaflame »

Betty Boop;1512845 wrote: It is, and they desperately need old saucepans and wooden spoons so there's enough to go round

Do they make the kids wear craft aprons or is it a change of clothes scenario?
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

magentaflame;1512847 wrote: Do they make the kids wear craft aprons or is it a change of clothes scenario?

They have aprons but it's often a change of clothes scenario lol
Mickiel

Post by Mickiel »

magentaflame;1511077 wrote: what ever that means to you .:)

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=i&rct= ... 6462366941

Change can come,
minks

Post by minks »

we have "programs" here ... yes "programs" where parents can sign their kids up to learn how to play outside. What in holy hades is wrong with parents these days???
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
FourPart

Post by FourPart »

Would fruits be viewed in the same way? Picking apples from the tree? Strawberries? Berries?

It is a fact that dirt increases a child's immune system & leads to healthy growth. Children who are raised in a sterile environment end up being prone to the slightest infection.

Return to “General Chit Chat”