Can You Recall Your Teenage Years?

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Bez

Post by Bez »

I was a teenager in the 'Swinging Sixties' a fantastic era and the best years of my life.....

It was a revolutionary time for Young people...hard to understand if you didn't live through it.....

I'm not one for looking back and wishing for things long gone, BUT I would love to live those times again.
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
cherandbuster

Post by cherandbuster »

Bez wrote: I was a teenager in the 'Swinging Sixties' a fantastic era and the best years of my life.....

It was a revolutionary time for Young people...hard to understand if you didn't live through it.....

I'm not one for looking back and wishing for things long gone, BUT I would love to live those times again.

Bez :)

It must have been incredible to come of age during the 1960s. Did you do some wild and crazy things? :guitarist
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist

SuzyB

Post by SuzyB »

How could i ever forget my teenage years, i was the most awful wild child! I've had to relive them every time my mum got pissed off at me, the worst thing is she has told my children how bad i was - to try to steer them in the right direction - the opposite of mine!!!!! :D
I am nobody..nobody is perfect...therefore I must be Perfect!

cherandbuster

Post by cherandbuster »

Nice thread Hfra :-6

I was a 'good girl'. I grew up with a twin sister and an older brother. Susie and I were tomboys, always playing baseball in the yard with Rich. I was the 'strong' one and Susie was the 'fast' one. We'd have lots of fun together.

But I was a stubborn teenager. My mom always used to say, "When I say day, you say night!." I always questioned things then; I still do now.

I didn't get a little wilder and crazier until my twenties. You could say I was a late bloomer :guitarist
Live Life with

PASSION

CARLA

Post by CARLA »

Best years of my life the 60's as a teenager was like no other time on this planet. We were Hippies, surfers, going to Woodstock, Sex, drugs, and rockin roll.. Wooooo!!! those were the days..:cool: :cool:
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

cherandbuster

Post by cherandbuster »

CARLA wrote: Best years of my life the 60's as a teenager was like no other time on this planet. We were Hippies, surfers, going to Woodstock, Sex, drugs, and rockin roll.. Wooooo!!! those were the days...

Hi Carla :-6

That sounds so incredibly great -- like no other era of our time. Do you have any damning stories to share with us? :sneaky: :D
Live Life with

PASSION

CARLA

Post by CARLA »

Cher being a teenager in the 60's in San Diego California was a total party all the time. Everything was free and easy, you pretty much did what yo wanted. I was a a party girl for sure, so was everyone in those days...:D The times were expermential with everything drugs, sex, music, college was just over the top fun. What can I say my teenage years, and college days were soooooo much fun.
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

cherandbuster

Post by cherandbuster »

I wish I had a more memorable teenage experience with some craziness thrown in.

I commuted to college (Northeastern University in Boston, MA). I was an excellent student (graduating with high honors, thank you :) ) but I really feel I missed out on the whole 'college experience' thing. I paid for college myself, so living at school was out of the question for me.

Carla and Bez, I'm glad you have those memories to look back upon and smile. :)
Live Life with

PASSION

Ocnbrz

Post by Ocnbrz »

I grew up just north of San Francisco and came of age in the beginning of the 70's. Life was a party back then, going to the beach, hanging out with friends, even school was fun ... lots of work too but they were some of the most fun years of my life. Though I am sure I gave my mother more than a few grey hairs! :rolleyes: :D

At Christmas I no more desire a rose

Than wish a snow in May's new-fangled mirth;

But like of each thing that in season grows. -Shakespeare
cherandbuster

Post by cherandbuster »

My hubby, Attorney Bob, had a fabulous time during his college years. He went to McGill University in Montreal and did the whole sex, drugs and rock 'n roll thing. He has such great memories of his time there.

I never did get to do the sex, drugs and rock 'n roll thing :(
Live Life with

PASSION

Bez

Post by Bez »

cherandbuster wrote: Bez :)

It must have been incredible to come of age during the 1960s. Did you do some wild and crazy things? :guitarist

HE he he....no nothing wild and crazy Cher....I was a good girl and it would have hurt my parents too much if I'd gone 'off the rails'. However I did go to a lot of dances, hang around in coffee shops, have mad hairstyles and wear mini skirts and platform shoes, 5" stilletos etc. I use to go to a beachside cafe in the summer and they had an area outside with a jukebox....we used to dance to Elvis, Buddy Holly etc. There were more Youth Clubs and Ice Cream Parlours in those days...I hardly ever went to a pub...they were for 'old people':)

My sister was 7 years older than me and we were chalk and cheese. She was very conservative and thought I was a 'right little tramp'....we had so many rows :mad: She liked classical music and I liked 'pop'.

This was the early 60s...I was 15 in 1961.....drugs and hippies didn't come to my part of the world until a bit later...it was all mods. rockers and teddie boys.....and ROCK AND ROLL...YEAHHHH
meltonpie

Post by meltonpie »

When I look back at those things now, it's really funny to think how I've changed.:D

It's that last bit that interests me! Just how have you changed - the truth now!

I think I may be "out" of this thread - you're such a load of youngsters. Now anyone interested in hearing from a teenager of the 40's?!
cherandbuster

Post by cherandbuster »

meltonpie wrote: Now anyone interested in hearing from a teenager of the 40's?!

I am, MP!! :guitarist
Live Life with

PASSION

SuzyB

Post by SuzyB »

meltonpie wrote: When I look back at those things now, it's really funny to think how I've changed.:D

It's that last bit that interests me! Just how have you changed - the truth now!

I think I may be "out" of this thread - you're such a load of youngsters. Now anyone interested in hearing from a teenager of the 40's?!

Me 2 MP!!

Bez

Post by Bez »

meltonpie wrote: When I look back at those things now, it's really funny to think how I've changed.:D

Yep....we are definitely interested....come on...spill the beans.

My brother was born in 1937...I guess his 'memorable' teenage moments was doing his 2 years 'National Service' in the RAF in the mid 50s

As to 'how I've changed'....well I don't wear 5" stiletto heels any more.....but I'm up for a bit of 'rock'n'roll ' anytime....trouble is... most of my old dancing partners are in wheel chairs :D
Shweet tatersalad

Post by Shweet tatersalad »

I was a teen in the late 70's all thought the 80's.So it was all drugs and booze and partying my ass off.grew up in small town with not much too do but go out get hammered and chase girls around.My best memories are me and My buddy Eddie in my 70 chevell all done up nice and very fast.Got lots tail in that back seat.we had a cooler in the back and we would fill it with beer and pick a direction and go that way until we found people too get wasted with,sometimes we would wake up a very long way from home and In a strange house with some butt ugly company.God is those days,Sex drugs and rock and roll,and girls,girls,girls.Later when we reached bar age we got even more crazy,there were about four or five of us and every one hung out at my place and we would go out and have contests like "Who can pick-up".............the shortest,or fattest or tallest or the girl with the nicest car or the girl with the ugliest Friend etc.Those were the days.I can still smell the lust.
SuzyB

Post by SuzyB »

I was a teenager in the 80's, i modelled myself on bananarama, madonna, five star and thompson twins ( i know no accounting for my musical tastes!!!), i was a straight A student til i hit 14, then i decided i was already grown up - it didn't help that Iwas like a body double for Pamela Anderson! I decided that it was more interesting to hang round with older kids than going to school, life became 1 big party, only thing i never did was drugs, crazy enough without them! At 16 I moved to London to become a topless model that's when the patying really started:) :) :)

By the time i was 18 i was totally burned out and moved back to my home town, i'd seen and done it all!!!!! :)

Galbally

Post by Galbally »

My main memories of teenagerdom was hanging round in tipperary during the summer holidays and trying to get a snog from girls in the junior disco before the headbanging started as after that you were too wrecked to be of any use to anyone. I also remember being miserable and listening to the smiths and the cure and generally being a bit of a gobshite, though not the worst example of juvenile delicquency by any means, oh happy days.
"We are never so happy, never so unhappy, as we imagine"

Le Rochefoucauld.

"A smack in the face settles all arguments, then you can move on kid."

My dad 1986.
cherandbuster

Post by cherandbuster »

SuzyB wrote: At 16 I moved to London to become a topless model that's when the partying really started

Suzy :-6

Tell us about this

I'm sure the male contingent of FG is dying to see a picture of you

(at least from the waist up) :rolleyes:
Live Life with

PASSION

Sheryl

Post by Sheryl »

Hmm my teen years were in the 90's and in a small town so nothing much to say.
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
meltonpie

Post by meltonpie »

Bez wrote: It's that last bit that interests me! Just how have you changed - the truth now!

Yep....we are definitely interested....come on...spill the beans.

My brother was born in 1937...I guess his 'memorable' teenage moments was doing his 2 years 'National Service' in the RAF in the mid 50s

As to 'how I've changed'....well I don't wear 5" stiletto heels any more.....but I'm up for a bit of 'rock'n'roll ' anytime....trouble is... most of my old dancing partners are in wheel chairs :D

First comment I suppose is to mention what a wild lot you all seemed to have been in your teen years! And what I am reading now I have to conclude that some of you haven't changed much!

I suppose that having my teen years during the WWII period sobered things down a lot. With so many restrictions a lot of what you were enjoying was not available to us - although of course the girls were still there! Now this may seem strange to a lot of you, but one of the popular places to meet girls was at church! It seems unusual today, but most youngsters found it quite normal to be church-goers, and of course they attended all the associated weekly youth clubs. Suffice to say that that was where I met my Betty 60 odd years ago (and shes progressing very well after the hospital scare, thank you!).

Because life was somewhat restricted I suppose we concentrated on our schooling a bit more than some of the youngsters today, so in my early teens my head was kept down at the local Grammar School - which was a mixed sex one, so that made life interesting ............ - learning of a different nature!

Taking a girl out at night was quite interesting. Remember that we were in a state of total blackout, annd I'll leave the rest to imagination. Commercial entertainment

was very limited, but the back row of the cinema was very popular.

As teenagers I don't really think we missed out at all. Somehow, without the pressures of today we enjoyed it all so much. Not knowing what the future held we all gelled together and just enjoyed life. As has been mentioned, with us lads National Service loomed for us all in our later teens, and that was quite an episode. If you have a half-hour to waste, have a read at www.meltonpie.co.uk.
SuzyB

Post by SuzyB »

meltonpie wrote:

As teenagers I don't really think we missed out at all. Somehow, without the pressures of today we enjoyed it all so much. Not knowing what the future held we all gelled together and just enjoyed life.

I've read that with a big smile on my face, :) thanks Melton

Return to “General Chit Chat”