ooooooooowwwwwwww!!!!

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
venus

ooooooooowwwwwwww!!!!

Post by venus »

I am attempting, note the word attempting to write a wonderful (through gritted teeth) case study in regards to mental health and the legalities of social work!!

Oh the fun the joy the not being able to find out what one would deem as basic information no matter how hard l try!!

So now my head hurts, its only one flippin bit of info l am missing to finish this piece of work..l wanna cry and stamp my feet etc...:(

do you ever get so frustrated that you feel sick!! i have a constant headache and l feel so lousy!! like lm getting the flu and l know lm not really its just my bodies way of lettting out the mental anguish and stress!!!

have you suffered this too and does it really go away!!:-3
take a bite out of life it's there to be tasted!!
venus

ooooooooowwwwwwww!!!!

Post by venus »

Diuretic;473656 wrote: Depends if the deadline is rushing up towards me or not....are you writing a case study from scratch? Why can't you find the missing piece of information? Am I nosey? If I am tell me to buzz off :)

I was given the case and asked the questions that l have to answer..basically one of the questions are what are the statuatory obliigations of a asw and a gp in regards to assessment and possible hospitalisation under possible sec 2,3,4 of the mental health act..amongst lots of other questions..

have got the asw no worries there, but findoing out the gp's is a pain..canonly find subtle hints and as this is university academic l need something l can bib!! and quote..:-3
venus

ooooooooowwwwwwww!!!!

Post by venus »

venus;473657 wrote: I was given the case and asked the questions that l have to answer..basically one of the questions are what are the statuatory obliigations of a asw and a gp in regards to assessment and possible hospitalisation under possible sec 2,3,4 of the mental health act..amongst lots of other questions..

have got the asw no worries there, but findoing out the gp's is a pain..canonly find subtle hints and as this is university academic l need something l can bib!! and quote..:-3

also please forgive spelling etc am tired and headachy and cant be ar888 to worry about it too much at the mo!
insanity_clause

ooooooooowwwwwwww!!!!

Post by insanity_clause »

http://www.hyperguide.co.uk/mha/contents.htm

hope that might help a bit, i didnt read much of it but im pretty sure gp's have quite a lot of power over sectioning which is pretty scarey knowing my gp.
venus

ooooooooowwwwwwww!!!!

Post by venus »

insanity_clause;473663 wrote: http://www.hyperguide.co.uk/mha/contents.htm

hope that might help a bit, i didnt read much of it but im pretty sure gp's have quite a lot of power over sectioning which is pretty scarey knowing my gp.

thanks for that think lve alreadt scanne dthat one but in case will go through it..cheers:D
chonsigirl

ooooooooowwwwwwww!!!!

Post by chonsigirl »

You will have to focus on one specific issue, to narrow down the amount of stuff you would have to read. Pick your case, and work backwards from there for the background material. Good luck, you will do great.:)
Nomad

ooooooooowwwwwwww!!!!

Post by Nomad »

venus;473651 wrote: I am attempting, note the word attempting to write a wonderful (through gritted teeth) case study in regards to mental health and the legalities of social work!!

Oh the fun the joy the not being able to find out what one would deem as basic information no matter how hard l try!!

So now my head hurts, its only one flippin bit of info l am missing to finish this piece of work..l wanna cry and stamp my feet etc...:(

do you ever get so frustrated that you feel sick!! i have a constant headache and l feel so lousy!! like lm getting the flu and l know lm not really its just my bodies way of lettting out the mental anguish and stress!!!

The missing link is amongst us. :thinking:
I AM AWESOME MAN
venus

ooooooooowwwwwwww!!!!

Post by venus »

Nomad;474041 wrote: The missing link is amongst us. :thinking:

ahem and what do you mean by that !!!!:thinking:
saffy

ooooooooowwwwwwww!!!!

Post by saffy »

Have you tried the RCN website? They have a mental health section there.
venus

ooooooooowwwwwwww!!!!

Post by venus »

saffy;474608 wrote: Have you tried the RCN website? They have a mental health section there.

cant say l have will have a look

saffy

ooooooooowwwwwwww!!!!

Post by saffy »

http://www2.rcn.org.uk/mhz

You need to be a union member to access the more indepth material but you might find some useful things here.

Also have a look around for internet forums set up on mental health and social work. You could always post a question and they'd probably be able to point you in the right direction.

Are you doing a social work degree?
Accountable

ooooooooowwwwwwww!!!!

Post by Accountable »

venus;473651 wrote: do you ever get so frustrated that you feel sick!! i have a constant headache and l feel so lousy!! like lm getting the flu and l know lm not really its just my bodies way of lettting out the mental anguish and stress!!!

It goes away when you've finished. Worthwhile endeavors are seldom easy, awhich makes the success so much sweeter. Hang in, girl.

Now, if you finish the project/degree and still have the stress, reassess.

Sometimes people spend alot of time climbing the ladder of success, only to find that it's leaning against the wrong wall. :yh_glasse
venus

ooooooooowwwwwwww!!!!

Post by venus »

saffy;474617 wrote: http://www2.rcn.org.uk/mhz

You need to be a union member to access the more indepth material but you might find some useful things here.

Also have a look around for internet forums set up on mental health and social work. You could always post a question and they'd probably be able to point you in the right direction.

Are you doing a social work degree?

yes l am in my second year and its a boit tough, not just because of the written, but we are on placement doing child observationa nd in lecs 3 days a week!!

and by the time l get home on my placement days its after 7! so lm just plain old fashioned tired l think
venus

ooooooooowwwwwwww!!!!

Post by venus »

Accountable;474618 wrote: It goes away when you've finished. Worthwhile endeavors are seldom easy, awhich makes the success so much sweeter. Hang in, girl.

Now, if you finish the project/degree and still have the stress, reassess.

Sometimes people spend alot of time climbing the ladder of success, only to find that it's leaning against the wrong wall. :yh_glasse

I know thanks acc. I think nl am just tired and a little stressed because of all the time factors and the amount l need to fit in!!

I love this course and l hope to qaulify and be a worthwhile practinioneer.

But l am also aware that no job no matter what it is should be detremental to your health:o

hugs to ya hun

Return to “General Chit Chat”