Why depth perception is so important....

How's your day going? Are you having a great work day - or - a horrible one? Got complaints about your boss? Your co-workers? Your spouse or friends? This is the place to let it hang out.
BabyRider

Post by BabyRider »

Since I have lost the sight in one eye, I am amazed at the huge difference, I just made myself a stir-fry, and when I scooped the meat over to my plaate, I went clean off the edge and ENTIRELY missed my dish. Not a single crumb of food into the plate, and a nice greasy mess on my kitchen floor.

Kinda weird how we take certain things for granted....till we don't have 'em anymore.

Ok, that's my gripe session, I'm done now
[FONT=Arial Black]I hope you cherish this sweet way of life, and I hope you know that it comes with a price.
~Darrel Worley~
[/FONT]

Bullet's trial was a farce. Can I get an AMEN?????

We won't be punished for our sins, but BY them.

LilacDragon

Post by LilacDragon »

Honey - I have peripheral vision and I have been known to do the same darn thing! :D
Sandi

Marie5656

Post by Marie5656 »

If it is any consolation, I do that with two good eyes...AND eye glasses to boot.
Lulu2

Post by Lulu2 »

Your brain WILL learn to adjust, BR! I promise! But, look at it this way....it'll be a handy excuse for anything you might drop!
My candle's burning at both ends, it will not last the night. But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--It gives a lovely light!--Edna St. Vincent Millay
CARLA

Post by CARLA »

I say put the plate on the floor to begin with problem solved.. :D
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

AussiePam

Post by AussiePam »

BabyRider, one of my dearest friends here lost an eye twenty years ago when a squash ball caught him there at high speed. He wore glasses and the lens was smashed into his eye. He has a glass eye now and I honestly can't tell the difference unless I really look hard. It took a while for his brain to adjust, he said. Your vision is never exactly the same, but he's compensated. What happened to you was totally awful. I hope you are soon fully back on your feet, and that your vision sorts itself.. Sending loving hugs, Girlfriend. Life throws some low down durrty punches.
"Life is too short to ski with ugly men"

venus

Post by venus »

or you could just eat right out of the pan!!

But seriously lm sure that with a little time your vision and brain will learn to adapt to the new info. xx
take a bite out of life it's there to be tasted!!
chonsigirl

Post by chonsigirl »

You will adjust BR, although I wish you didn't have to. My husband lost alot of his depth perception, and we have learned to adjust to some everyday things he used to take for granted.
koan

Post by koan »

Your amazing sense of humour is priceless. Especially at times like this.

I won't even ask if you ate it anyway.

But I want to. :o

Glad you're back BR

Return to “Welcome To My Day!”