Sylvia Brown

Discuss topics ranging from UFO's to Unexplained Phenomena.
RedGlitter

Sylvia Brown

Post by RedGlitter »

I'm in a Sylvia Browne group at Care2. I have read some of her books and I'm not so sure I believe everything. The four continents of the afterlife including Atlantis and Lemuria is a little hard to swallow as is her take on aliens. But aside from that, much of her stuff I agree with. As far as mediums and psychics go, I tend to go with George Anderson. He has some great books as does Ruth Montgomery. :)
cars

Sylvia Brown

Post by cars »

IMO, SB does a good job of reading the people she is talking to on Montell's show, and seems to be able to tell them what they are hoping to hear. :-3

I didn't know she predicted many of the distasters of 2006. :-2

I hope she's right then, about bringing our troops home "this" year!!!
Cars :)
jennyswan

Sylvia Brown

Post by jennyswan »

I've read lots of her books and still can't make up my mind about her.

She gets a really heavy bashing on the internet and I've seen her tell people things on Montel that I could've told them myself.

I'm undecided about her.
Lulu2

Sylvia Brown

Post by Lulu2 »

Feb 27, 2003 - 11:35:05 CST (NOTE THAT DATE!)

Psychic's clues lead to new searches, but no luck

By LEROY SIGMANDaily Journal Staff Writer

RICHWOODS -- A segment in which the parents of missing 11-year-old Shawn Hornbeck talked with psychic Sylvia Browne aired Wednesday on the Montel Williams television show, but the information provided has not helped in finding the boy.

Browne told Pam and Craig Akers their son "is no longer with us" but she had the impression his body was in a wooded area about 20 miles southwest of Richwoods. She said it would be near two large, jagged boulders that seem out of place in that area.

The psychic said she believes the bicycle Shawn was riding is in a dump "in another state."

Craig Akers said that since the television segment was taped Feb. 12 there have been several searches conducted in the general area described by Browne, but with no success. He said it is in the middle of a national forest and they did not locate the jagged boulders.

After the segment aired, Craig Akers was asked how he feels about the tips that are provided by psychics. While he said he would not discount anything that might lead to finding Shawn, he added, "I don't know what to think any more. The information from different psychics doesn't match up."

"It was a little helpful," Pam Akers said of Browne's information, "but the results weren't what I had hoped for."

Shawn disappeared on the afternoon of Oct. 6 while riding his bicycle in the vicinity of the intersection of Highway 47 with Routes A and H at the north edge of this northern Washington County community. There has been no sign of the boy nor his bicycle since that day, despite intensive searches by hundreds of people.

Browne told the Akers that it was her vision that Shawn was taken by a "dark-skinned man, he wasn't black -- more like hispanic." She said he had long, black hair that he wore in dreadlocks and was "really tall."

The man in Browne's vision was driving an older model blue sedan, a car with fins like in the late 1950's and early 1960's Chevrolets. She said the man picked Shawn up.

The Akers told Browne their son had gone to visit a friend but never arrived there. She told them Shawn did speak to another boy, who she said is named Keith and lives near the Akers. Browne also said Keith was once a close friend but drifts in and out of that circle of friends.

The parents said Wednesday that while Shawn went to visit a friend who lives less than a mile away, he never got there. He was last seen about three hours after leaving home. None of the children who say they saw Shawn that day were his close friends, the Akers said, and none of his close friends say they saw him.

The Akers also did television segments with James Van Praagh, a psychic who has a television show called "Beyond." He led the search in an entirely different direction, suggesting a person who worked in a railroad car plant was involved and the body might be concealed in a railway car.

That information led to numerous searches, including the De Soto railroad yard and several others.

Despite the lack of success over the past nearly five months, Pam and Craig Akers vowed they are never going to give up on their search for Shawn. They said the Shawn Hornbeck Search Team continues to function and, with the formation of the Shawn Hornbeck Foundation, efforts are also being made to deal with the disappearance of other children.
My candle's burning at both ends, it will not last the night. But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends--It gives a lovely light!--Edna St. Vincent Millay
Photobug

Sylvia Brown

Post by Photobug »

Sorry to say I think she is a complete lunatic. I think she preys on poor people who are desparate to reconnect with "the other side". I don't think she can connect with the "other side" anymore than you or I can. Just my opinion. I think she does have a lot of followers.
koan

Sylvia Brown

Post by koan »

Photobug;521951 wrote: Sorry to say I think she is a complete lunatic. I think she preys on poor people who are desparate to reconnect with "the other side". I don't think she can connect with the "other side" anymore than you or I can. Just my opinion. I think she does have a lot of followers.

The people can't be too poor. Last I heard, one sitting with her cost $750

Her son is half price.
RedGlitter

Sylvia Brown

Post by RedGlitter »

I too, like Koan's new photo. :)

Well, I won't say Sylvia is a phony. I think she has some ability. However I don't think she has as much as she claims. I believe very much in psychics and mediums and have had experience with several. I think there are better ones to be found.
ANGRYWOLF

Sylvia Brown

Post by ANGRYWOLF »

I don't take her seriously.

Joan Berry, Johnia's mom, whom I have met, was on Montel and Sylvia said some things about Johnia's killer.I don't recall everything she said..but I don't take her seriously.

I did hear a rumor that Brown said one of the kidnapped boys out of Mo was dead and as we know that turned out not to be true. Both of those boys wee rescued alive.

If a person is a true psychic it should be demostratable and reliable and not a hit or miss proposition.

Return to “Paranormal Science”