Better Gender?

A forum created specifically for polls.
koan

Better Gender?

Post by koan »

Do you think one gender has it easier in your culture?
koan

Better Gender?

Post by koan »

I think the stress placed on men to "provide" for their family is a huge price to pay for any advantages.

Also, if you think of the dating games, men usually have to make all the moves and take all the blame. Women are usually rated on beauty but men are usually rated on wealth.

I voted neither.
RedGlitter

Better Gender?

Post by RedGlitter »

I'd like to say neither but I don't honestly feel that way. Women are still the ones who worry about getting pregnant, are looked down upon if theyhave sex or they don't, still have to worry about the birth control, haveo nurture the family, raise the kids and often the man as well, still do the cooking/shopping/laundry/cleaning/household finance/bill paying/appointment making/take the kid to the doctor/ etc/household running even if she works too and if she doesn't work outside th ehome she's still considered "just" a housewife even if she's raising the kids, don't forget gotta provide sex at request too even after taking care of a household.man/child/maybe herself.

This is not always the case and in some cases it's even reversed but this is what I see the majority of the time instead of two people working together.

If she's single just take out the child part and add a lower salary.

ETA: there is no "better" gender. Only an easier one.
Bez

Better Gender?

Post by Bez »

Diuretic wrote: Despite quite a lot of progress for women in Australia over the past twenty or so years it's still a man's world.

Same here in the UK in the 'workplace'.

Males and Females have their own particular 'burdens' through life.

Many of the problems are due to peoples reluctance to change and live their lives as a partnership. This is demonstrated in the 'world wide' situation as well as domestic.
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
Accountable

Better Gender?

Post by Accountable »

koan wrote: Do you think one gender has it easier in your culture?yes
Accountable

Better Gender?

Post by Accountable »

Diuretic wrote: *prods Accountable* - pssst - apparently you're supposed to nominate a gender and then get yourself into trouble :DOh! :-3
Bill Sikes

Better Gender?

Post by Bill Sikes »

Better gender? That's a quite meaningless question!
pantsonfire321@aol.com

Better Gender?

Post by pantsonfire321@aol.com »

Periods and pregnancy or hairs on me arse and man boobs:thinking: ............. maybe i'll just pass on this one :rolleyes:
Can go from 0 - to bitch in 3.0 seconds .:D

Smile people :yh_bigsmi

yep, this bitch bites back .;)
Accountable

Better Gender?

Post by Accountable »

pantsonfire321@aol.com wrote: Periods and pregnancy or hairs on me arse and man boobs:thinking: ............. maybe i'll just pass on this one :rolleyes: :wah:
laneybug

Better Gender?

Post by laneybug »

Please. Living life as a human, whatever gender, has its advantages and disadvantages. I'm not so disillusioned by the gender issue to believe that either have it easier or harder.

We all have our struggles and our talents, and it's extremely hard for me to believe that our genitals or hormones have much to do with that. I've known women who were physically stronger than any man I've known and I've known men who were more emotional than any woman I've known, just to point out the "typical" differences and how they are not necessarily gender-oriented.

Either way, I don't believe in living a gender-oriented life. That is, I refuse to judge someone's character, limitations and strengths, on whether or not they're a woman or a man.

But, I will not deny the natural tendencies of both man and woman. But I don't think that's a matter of who's better. To me, that's more of a matter of yin and yang.
It is better to have your mind opened by wonder

than closed by belief.
cinamin

Better Gender?

Post by cinamin »

I tend to think that men have it harder than women. The one issue that convinced me that men have it harder than women is the subject of alimony. This is an "old school" idea. And every single time I hear of any woman who has been collecting alimony from an x-husband I just cringe. Child support I can understand. But alimony? Puleeze.
RedGlitter

Better Gender?

Post by RedGlitter »

Depends. If he was out porking his secretary while the wife was running the house and raising the kids and cooking his damn dinner, then let him pay for it through the nose. Have to get him back somehow and you can't always kill them.
laneybug

Better Gender?

Post by laneybug »

RedGlitter;599317 wrote: Depends. If he was out porking his secretary while the wife was running the house and raising the kids and cooking his damn dinner, then let him pay for it through the nose. Have to get him back somehow and you can't always kill them.

:wah: :wah: I have to second that motion. Though, personally, you should be able to kill a husband who's cheated on you. Eh, I don't really know if I'd go that far in all circumstances, but what about the man who was screwing around and then gives his unsuspecting wife an STD?? Yeah, in that case, get back at him in every single way possible, including cutting off his gonads. And vise versa.

than closed by belief.
guppy

Better Gender?

Post by guppy »

RedGlitter;370398 wrote: I'd like to say neither but I don't honestly feel that way. Women are still the ones who worry about getting pregnant, are looked down upon if theyhave sex or they don't, still have to worry about the birth control, haveo nurture the family, raise the kids and often the man as well, still do the cooking/shopping/laundry/cleaning/household finance/bill paying/appointment making/take the kid to the doctor/ etc/household running even if she works too and if she doesn't work outside th ehome she's still considered "just" a housewife even if she's raising the kids, don't forget gotta provide sex at request too even after taking care of a household.man/child/maybe herself.

This is not always the case and in some cases it's even reversed but this is what I see the majority of the time instead of two people working together.

If she's single just take out the child part and add a lower salary.

ETA: there is no "better" gender. Only an easier one.

sex at request is one of the perks of living with a man rg.....:sneaky:
RedGlitter

Better Gender?

Post by RedGlitter »

laneybug;601668 wrote: :wah: :wah: I have to second that motion. Though, personally, you should be able to kill a husband who's cheated on you. Eh, I don't really know if I'd go that far in all circumstances, but what about the man who was screwing around and then gives his unsuspecting wife an STD?? Yeah, in that case, get back at him in every single way possible, including cutting off his gonads. And vise versa.

We just bonded again! :wah:
RedGlitter

Better Gender?

Post by RedGlitter »

guppy;601679 wrote: sex at request is one of the perks of living with a man rg.....:sneaky:

Yeah it is Gup...but not after I've washed his clothes, ironed them, fed,schooled, tended to his kids, cleaned the house, fed him dinner, taken his mother shopping, taken care of my own needs if there's time, paid the bills, grocery shopped, gone to my own job, etc etc.

I don't mind delivering the goods but not if there's no romance or consideration involved.
laneybug

Better Gender?

Post by laneybug »

RedGlitter;601687 wrote: We just bonded again! :wah:

:yh_hugs

than closed by belief.

Return to “Polls, Polls, and more Polls”