Do You Have Any Benefits with your Work?

General discussion area for all topics not covered in the other forums.
Lon

Post by Lon »

Do You have Health Insurance with your job? Life Insurance? Disability Insurance? Long Term Care Insurance? Pension? 401K? Yearly Bonuses? Profit Sharing? Stock Options? How much vacation time?
NotToday

Post by NotToday »

*** I'm starting to thing Lon works for the government... ***

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax, and get used to the idea." - Robert A. Heinlein
WonderWendy3

Post by WonderWendy3 »

he's doin' research for his "sterotypical" forum gardners....dontcha think??

to answer the question, I have no benefits with my pimp but the occasional...."YOU are hot baby, smokin hot" comment which means a lot to me!!:-4
NotToday

Post by NotToday »

WonderWendy3;636254 wrote: he's doin' research for his "sterotypical" forum gardners....dontcha think??

to answer the question, I have no benefits with my pimp but the occasional...."YOU are hot baby, smokin hot" comment which means a lot to me!!:-4

Yea, I hear that a lot from prostitutes. If there is anything they would like to see offered in their profession it's health care and 401K.

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax, and get used to the idea." - Robert A. Heinlein
cinamin

Post by cinamin »

I have medical, dental, vision care and in January I can start my retirement account. And it's little things like I have a nice boss and nice co-workers that make it all the better. And I have like 5 sick days a year and paid vacation and paid holidays. And it's very close bye to where I live, less than 10 minutes away. :D
minks

Post by minks »

medical dental and life insurance....
�You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.�

― Mae West
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

I got a free pen in yesterday's mail.... :D
minks

Post by minks »

RedGlitter;636293 wrote: I got a free pen in yesterday's mail.... :D

you win!

― Mae West
Lon

Post by Lon »

cinamin;636261 wrote: I have medical, dental, vision care and in January I can start my retirement account. And it's little things like I have a nice boss and nice co-workers that make it all the better. And I have like 5 sick days a year and paid vacation and paid holidays. And it's very close bye to where I live, less than 10 minutes away. :D

Thank you for your intelligent response.
minks

Post by minks »

Lon;636314 wrote: Thank you for your intelligent response.

ooo burn

― Mae West
RedGlitter

Post by RedGlitter »

:wah: yeah...guess I got my wrist slapped.
KB.

Post by KB. »

The only reason I work at all is because of benefits. If I wasn't a 21 year diabetic I would be living in the woods eating acorns and skinning possums.
Life ain't linear.
NotToday

Post by NotToday »

minks;636316 wrote: ooo burn

doesn't bother me.

if you can't laugh or have fun in your life that is your own problem (not directed at you Minks)

NotToday

Post by NotToday »

Lon;636314 wrote: Thank you for your intelligent response.

And the rest of us are just what, stupid?

buttercup

Post by buttercup »

Lon;636247 wrote: Do You have Health Insurance with your job? Life Insurance? Disability Insurance? Long Term Care Insurance? Pension? 401K? Yearly Bonuses? Profit Sharing? Stock Options? How much vacation time?

Do you?
DelicateDominatrix

Post by DelicateDominatrix »

I don't get anything cause im considered part time,even though I often put in full time hours.Then there are times I don't put in that many hours.So it sucks.I hope that the new job im getting has benefits down the road.
Lon

Post by Lon »

NotToday;636437 wrote: And the rest of us are just what, stupid?

You said it, not me.
Lon

Post by Lon »

buttercup;636447 wrote: Do you?

I am retired, but yes, I have a Supplemental Health Plan which covers vision, dental, and other medical costs not covered by U.S. Social Security Medicare.

I also carry Long Term Care Insurance. Medicare will not cover any medical costs when I am abroad, but the supplemental insurance will.
Bez

Post by Bez »

I have BUPA (Health care) paid for by the company. ....... I just have to pay the income tax as it is classed a 'benefit inb kind'....much like a company car.!

I also have pension arrangements. The company pay some and I pay a smaller amount. .....again....pensions are taxable which really annoys me.
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
Bez

Post by Bez »

DelicateDominatrix;636487 wrote: I don't get anything cause im considered part time,even though I often put in full time hours.Then there are times I don't put in that many hours.So it sucks.I hope that the new job im getting has benefits down the road.

Gosh...that wouldn't be allowed in the UK..... part time workers have equal rights.....mind you I'm sure some smaller employers find a way to get out of their responsibilities.
Bez

Post by Bez »

I forgot to mention annual performance bonus. I completed a difficult 3 yr project this year and will be rewarded in this months pay ......however, as i am now semi-retired, I doubt there'll be much in the future. Never mind....they have been good to me have the last 30 years so it's someone elses turn to benefit....youngsters I hope.
NotToday

Post by NotToday »

Lon;636558 wrote: You said it, not me.

That chip on your shoulder must be getting pretty heavy. Or maybe it's just your ego that is weighing you down. You seem to think you are so much better than everyone. I guess that gets pretty tiring and that would explain your grumpiness.

Lon

Post by Lon »

NotToday;636582 wrote: That chip on your shoulder must be getting pretty heavy. Or maybe it's just your ego that is weighing you down. You seem to think you are so much better than everyone. I guess that gets pretty tiring and that would explain your grumpiness.

No chip on my shoulder. Ego?? You betcha. Better than everyone?? No, but better than some, and certainly older than most.

Why so upset? Chill out a bit.
NotToday

Post by NotToday »

Lon;636594 wrote: No chip on my shoulder. Ego?? You betcha. Better than everyone?? No, but better than some, and certainly older than most.

Why so upset? Chill out a bit.

Better by what standards? Your own?

NotToday

Post by NotToday »

And I would certainly hope that you wouldn't think you can judge that you are better than anyone on in this forum. In no way shape or form could you possibly no someone strictly by what they post online.

Lon

Post by Lon »

NotToday;636606 wrote: Better by what standards? Your own?

I just finished reading your last 40 posts to FG and was amazed at the intelligent depth that you display. You never have much more to say than a sentence or two---------fromm wee wee to he he. So I think I understand where you are coming from. I can see why you are lost.
NotToday

Post by NotToday »

Lon;636614 wrote: I just finished reading your last 40 posts to FG and was amazed at the intelligent depth that you display. You never have much more to say than a sentence or two---------fromm wee wee to he he. So I think I understand where you are coming from. I can see why you are lost.

I don't come here to impress people with intellectual depth. In fact, I come here to escape everyday seriousness and I don't think I am alone in that. Each member comes here for their own reasons and unlike some, I don't come here to make myself out to look like something I may or may not be. When I lay my head down on my pillow at night I have no concern about if people in an internet world think I am intelligent. The fact that you just chose to insult me in front of all of the people on this board actually only really makes me laugh because I know who I really am and your opinion of me means nothing.

KB.

Post by KB. »

Lon;636614 wrote: I just finished reading your last 40 posts to FG and was amazed at the intelligent depth that you display. You never have much more to say than a sentence or two---------fromm wee wee to he he. So I think I understand where you are coming from. I can see why you are lost.

You must be bored Lon. Quit trolling.
Life ain't linear.
Elvira

Post by Elvira »

my company offers the following

Basic Salary

Car or car allowance

Annual bonus

Pension (7.5%)

Private Medical Insurance

Permanent Health Insurance

Life Assurance

Employee Assistance Programme (Counselling)

Child care vouchers

Dental Insurance

Pet insurance

RAC coverage

Gym membership

25 days holiday

flexible working

La la la - I love my company!!!!
zinkyusa

Post by zinkyusa »

Please do not go to a personal level in your discussion Lon.

thanks
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
NotToday

Post by NotToday »

zinkyusa;636663 wrote: Please do not go to a personal level in your discussion Lon.

thanks

:-4 Zinky, you are a sweetie :)

Mystery

Post by Mystery »

I have really good health insurance, and then life insurance, but that's it. HOwever, I'm terribly happy with my job, because my schedule is flexible and when I need time off, it's allowed so long as my clients are covered. They also work really well with other responbilities.
WonderWendy3

Post by WonderWendy3 »

That wasn't very nice Lon, as others have pointed out. I realize that some of us have voiced how we feel about some of your threads lately, but taking it to a personal attack level of intellegence isn't well received as you may have noticed. Or, maybe that's what you were looking for, to get things stirred up around here, I'm not sure.
KB.

Post by KB. »

It is all about the awards maybe?
Life ain't linear.
Lon

Post by Lon »

zinkyusa;636663 wrote: Please do not go to a personal level in your discussion Lon.

thanks

OK no more--------I was just taking the info from "Not Today's own Bio" which she has posted for all to read. She calls herself Scatterbrained.
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

I suppose nobody has noticed that he hasn't come down on me yet. I guess that makes me his equal. La la la la la la la . :rolleyes:
zinkyusa

Post by zinkyusa »

YZGI;636759 wrote: I suppose nobody has noticed that he hasn't come down on me yet. I guess that makes me his equal. La la la la la la la . :rolleyes:

or maybe you'e to insignificant to notice:p

PC Announcement yzgi and i are buds the above was not a real insult
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
YZGI

Post by YZGI »

zinkyusa;636764 wrote: or maybe you'e to insignificant to notice:p

PC Announcement yzgi and i are buds the above was not a real insult
Darn, I thought I was going to get too turn your batfink arse in for insulting me. Then i put my reading glasses on and you wormed out.:D Oh I mean your wormed out buddy.:wah:

Return to “General Chit Chat”