Resolve

A forum for ForumGardeners to post news about themselves.
koan

Resolve

Post by koan »

I got some Resolve today... literally. It's a stop smoking aid but not a NRT system. Got it from the health food store.

Apparently it blocks the body's ability to absorb nicotine so, over time, the cravings will disappear because you get less and less nicotine from the cigarettes you smoke.

I tried zyban a long time ago. Same theory but zyban made me feel like I was on acid. It's a fairly strong anti depressant and, if you're not depressed... Anyway I had to stop taking it after a couple of days because I couldn't drive. (oooooh, look at all the pretty lights)

Anyway... I'll let you know how good this stuff is.

Resolve FAQ
Musiclover89

Resolve

Post by Musiclover89 »

I don't smoke but i hope smokers will try to quit if they don't wanna die young
"Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars. Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, 'I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight', people would say, 'Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a damn word that comes out of his mouth.' " Michael Jackson
WonderWendy3

Resolve

Post by WonderWendy3 »

Good luck to ya Koan!! I'm here if you need me!!:-4 :-4
KB.

Resolve

Post by KB. »

What if it isn't the nicotine? I can go for hours on end depending on the situation I am in. I spent a week in jail once, never craved a smoke, but as soon as I stepped into a car and started driving I was fiending for one. Its the situations that make me want a cigarette. I never smoke inside, but I go outside every morning when I wake up because that is the habit to me. Good luck regardless. Now caffeine, thats a different story.
Life ain't linear.
koan

Resolve

Post by koan »

Nothing will work if you aren't actively trying to quit as well. There is nothing that will just suddenly change your life.

I get really bad withdrawal. I think I've used cigarettes to numb a lot of emotions. When I try to quit those emotions come pouring out like a waterfall at the end of a rapid river.
WonderWendy3

Resolve

Post by WonderWendy3 »

koan;640717 wrote: Nothing will work if you aren't actively trying to quit as well. There is nothing that will just suddenly change your life.

I get really bad withdrawal. I think I've used cigarettes to numb a lot of emotions. When I try to quit those emotions come pouring out like a waterfall at the end of a rapid river.

It took me a year to finally quit, I had finally got to that point that I had to do it, it grossed me out to put it to my lips anymore, even though I think about it daily still...it's a struggle for me...I understand how you feel Koan, I really do...I kept on saying, as soon as my life gets a little less stressful, I'll stop...well 6 years later...here I am still smoking...so good as any time!!:thinking:

Keep us posted, hope I can be one of your cheerleaders!!:yh_hugs :yh_party
koan

Resolve

Post by koan »

I normally don't like announcing that I'm quitting. I just hate feeling like an idiot if I fail :yh_tong2

I think it's good though. I don't want to let myself down by giving up and now I don't want to disappoint you guys either. I think this will be better than NRTs because it doesn't actually put nicotine in my system while I'm trying to get it out. I'm doing a lot of other stuff too at the same time. Exercising to try and fix my lower back after 2 years, detoxing my kidneys and liver and getting back into yoga.

The more effort I put into cleaning up the better chance it has of working.
koan

Resolve

Post by koan »

Soberano;640735 wrote: Good luck Koan, willpower. Just think of all that extra money you can spend on good things, like cakes and choccy.:)

Eww.

That's just another addiction that kills people. I quit that ten years ago.
KB.

Resolve

Post by KB. »

koan;640740 wrote: Eww.

You still drink and have hot sweaty sex I hope. Can't give all the good stuff up. I used to collect stamps, now I collect vices. They are like the new stamps, you lick em and look at em.
Life ain't linear.
Carl44

Resolve

Post by Carl44 »

Soberano;640735 wrote: Good luck Koan, willpower. Just think of all that extra money you can spend on good things, like cakes and choccy.:)

great advce buddy :D

koan;640740 wrote: Eww.

soborat why are you trying to kill koan what has she ever done to you ????geeesh :rolleyes:
zinkyusa

Resolve

Post by zinkyusa »

Good luck girl, I have complete faith in you.;)
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
sunny104

Resolve

Post by sunny104 »

good luck!! :-6

I'd like to quit soon too.........:thinking:

lemon water and cranberry water is good for cleaning things out....I drink a lot of it when I'm in a healthy mode. :-6
Mystery

Resolve

Post by Mystery »

I have tried to quit so many times, I've lost count, but I came to the realization (duhhhh) that I just wasn't ready. Now, when I think about it, I still get quivers in my bellly, but they're getting better. I tried Wellbutrin (which is, of course, the original version of Zyban) but it made me have terrible insomnia, so I had to stop taking it. Lots of people suggest the quit date thing, along with patches, but I'm a firm believer in abstinence, i.e. just put them down, because like any addiction (which of course I should know about) actually having the "drug" in your system is what causes the problem. For heaven's sake, I've cleaned myself up from every drug imaginable and have been clean for years, but cigarettes have still got me under a barrel. Anyway, that's enough of a rant. Good luck Koan, perhaps I can get some inspiration from you, but prolly not. Until I get my mind made up to do it, I won't.

Keep us posted on your progress.
koan

Resolve

Post by koan »

have to avoid alcohol while I'm using Resolve because it interferes with its ability to block the nicotine. That's not a big deal though I can find other liquids to consume.

As for sex... it will be a hell of a lot better if I don't have to stop for cigarettes. :yh_tong2
G-man

Resolve

Post by G-man »

No kidding! :wah: I for one would be willing to help you test that theory out... erm... *ahem* for scientific reasons, of course. :D

Signature text removed at the request of a member.

Participate in The unOfficial Forum Garden Scavenger Hunt 2009!

koan

Resolve

Post by koan »

G-man;640851 wrote: No kidding! :wah: I for one would be willing to help you test that theory out... erm... *ahem* for scientific reasons, of course. :D

shall I fill out an application? :)
zinkyusa

Resolve

Post by zinkyusa »

G-man;640851 wrote: No kidding! :wah: I for one would be willing to help you test that theory out... erm... *ahem* for scientific reasons, of course. :D

get in line pal:wah:
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
YZGI

Resolve

Post by YZGI »

koan;640822 wrote: have to avoid alcohol while I'm using Resolve because it interferes with its ability to block the nicotine. That's not a big deal though I can find other liquids to consume.

As for sex... it will be a hell of a lot better if I don't have to stop for cigarettes. :yh_tong2

That sounds like a Vice Squad conspiracy to me.
koan

Resolve

Post by koan »

Well, I'm down to about 2/3 a day of what I was smoking and hardly noticing. The morning one is the most difficult to imagine going without.

I did notice a couple of times that I had an urge to smoke then questioned it and it went away.

I'm also doing sit-ups and taking vitamins. I started at 40 sit-ups the first day :o didn't want to push it. But I did 80 yesterday and I'm hoping for a hundred today. I used to do 100/day so that would be nice to get back to.
RedGlitter

Resolve

Post by RedGlitter »

That's really great, Koan. :-6
koan

Resolve

Post by koan »

It's Day Three with no cigarettes.

I had trouble managing to take all ten Resolve Tablets every day so I ended up just deciding to stop. The Resolve helped get me down to half a pack though.
koan

Resolve

Post by koan »

Day 4 and I haven't smoked. To test out my new set of lungs I went to the track up the street. I managed to jog three laps and actually ran the last one. I can't think of the last time I could have done that without stopping.
koan

Resolve

Post by koan »

I think the Resolve made a big difference. Even though I didn't use it properly, the cravings have been manageable.
koan

Resolve

Post by koan »

Zyban was pretty intense, I couldn't drive on it. The only negative thing with Resolve was how many tablets you have to take. Ten a day is a lot to remember.
The Rob

Resolve

Post by The Rob »

Go koan! :-6

July 2nd is my anniversary: one year smoke-free. Success can be had if you persevere.

Return to “Members' News”