Pet names???

Discussions about your pets!
southern yankee

Pet names???

Post by southern yankee »

As of this moment i have 3 dogs and 3 cats. 1 foster cat, 1 foster dog. my own babies are. cats--fuzzbuttons and billybob. dogs== Dudette and Pippin. My foster==Momma cat and dog--granny. Where we live is sadly a DUMPING GROUND. Or i come across many who are not cared for. Granny is a 12 year old G. Lab that our neighbors left behind. Momma cat is another neighbors cat who he does not care, SAD But I can let them go hungry. Pippin my pup. I stold her from a neighbor. who beat her. I can not help myself. That is just me.

Tell me about your four legged children??
RedGlitter

Pet names???

Post by RedGlitter »

Pippin my pup. I stold her from a neighbor. who beat her.

:yh_worshp

I mean that seriously, SY. Anyone who risks the law and their own welfare to help an endangered or abused animal has my best regard. I too help animals and I say thank you! :)

Oops, forgot to answer your question!

I have six dogs...

Mixed breeds Xena and Nathan, mostly black Lab, who knows what else.

My semi-feral Lab and Chow mix, Lizzie

Bassett Hound, Molly

Cocker (blonde,) Katie

Chi-Terrier mix, Foxy

My cats.....

Himalayan, Silky

Siamese Tabby mix, Sunny

Tortoiseshell, Wickett

All my fur guys are rescues.
betty967

Pet names???

Post by betty967 »

I've 3 dogs and 1 cat

Axel

Tobia

Susy

Teo (dead):-1

Cat

Gigino

Sheeba (dead):-1

Betty (dead):-1
[FONT=Arial Black][/FONT]
shelbell

Pet names???

Post by shelbell »

First is my Great Pyrenees Cody, he is 140lbs of pure puppie. Momma is his favorite person and will not let anyone mess with him or me while were snugglin...he gives them the evil eye. He gives hugs when asked, or sometimes he gives them for his own reasons. :wah: I have never had a dog that has been this close to me ever! I believe he would protect me from anything.

Next is Lacy, she is the princess of the house. She is a 75lb Chow. She gives kisses on demand. She is so prissy. If someone new comes into the house she barks and growls like she wants to kill them, but if they take a step toward her, she runs and hides behind her momma. :wah:

You said 4 leggers so I have to include my 2 turtles. The female is Argyle (don't ask, it's a long story) and the male is Wrigley. Argyle is so sweet and I can feed her little pieces of food and she'll take it out of my hand without biting me. Now the little one, Wrigley is a whole different story. When he is out of his tank he wants to bite anyone he can get his mouth on. They are both Red Eared Sliders.

I have 3 fish, but they don't have 4 legs! :wah::wah:
raptures_music

Pet names???

Post by raptures_music »

I have four cats and two dogs, as well as an assortment of exotic animals.

The Cats

Torbie - 15-year-old (maybe older) mixed breed longhair patched tabby-and-white female cat (spayed). She's a brown tabby-and-white with patches of red (orange) fur. I found her 10 years ago after someone dumped her off near my neighborhood. She was so skinny I could encircle her middle with both hands (I was 11 at the time). Now she's a beautiful creature with soft silky fur.

Jesse - 2-year-old mixed breed longhair brown tabby male cat (neutered). Mom and I found him on October 08, 2006 in the cemetary where my grandfather is buried. Jesse was 4 months old at the time, and no one near the cemetary owned him, so we took him. He acts like a big ol' tough guy, but he's a big softie.

DaVinci - 1 1/2-year-old blue point Birman neuter. I met DaVinci a year and a half ago at a local cat show about two weeks after my beloved Siamese, Parker, was put to sleep because of an inoperable brain tumor and sudden acute kidney failure. I was looking for another Siamese, but I got a Birman instead. Birmans are colored like the Siamese, but they have long hair and white mittens (Siamese aren't allowed to have any white on them). I brought DaVinci home a year ago after he became a grand premier (like a grand champion, but premiers are spayed/neutered cats), but I've brought him out of retirement in order to show him toward a regional win. He did very well in his first show back. Of the four cats, DaVinci is the only one that's actually mine (Torbie is my dad's cat and Jesse and Evan are my mom's cats).

Evan - 1-year-old seal point Birman neuter. We liked DaVinci so much, we went back to the lady who bred him and brought Evan home when he was 4 months old. He's our first show cat, and we retired him after he became a grand premier last month. He's not as laid-back and quiet as our other three; he's very vocal and active like a Siamese. He's a real sweetie, though, and we love him.

Birmans are neat cats. They originally came from Burma (now Myanmar) and a breeding pair were brought to France in 1919, but the male died. The female was pregnant and had kittens. These kittens were crossed with Siamese and Persian cats; Siamese blood helped preserve the Siamese coat pattern, and Persian blood helped breeders keep the long, silky coat. They're not as active as the Siamese, but they're not couch potatoes like the Persian. They're wonderful cats.

Our dogs are both Cardigan Welsh Corgis. Galahad, my dog, doesn't live up to his name at all. He's the biggest wuss in the world. Grendel, my brother's dog, lives up to his name rather well. He's a monster, constantly into everything. I'm not a dog person, but they're both good jogging buddies.
"Do or do not. There is no try." ~Yoda

"Those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~Dr. Seuss
littlemissgiggle

Pet names???

Post by littlemissgiggle »

I just have two cats now who are 11years old this October. Called Gizmo and Casper.

I have had 3 dogs,

a mix cocker spanial called - Benji i rescued him when i was 10.

a dog called Kim i am not sure what breed she was but defo a mix breed,

and Saffron the golden retriver.

Other cats we have had and these three were born on my bed, lol.

Marmalade a strippy ginger male, Rowen and willow who both live with my Auntie.

and tinkerbell a little grey cat.

There mum we had was called sweep.

I have also had 2 hamsters i loved very dearly, called fred and Hazel.

Oh and 2 rabbits floppsy and toppsy.

:wah: right i think thats them all. :-2
Accountable

Pet names???

Post by Accountable »

We have a cat, Shima, and the fish: Spot, the Platies (group of 3), Dani, Refugee, Snuffles, That one, That one, That one, That one, That one, and That one. :D
kazalala

Pet names???

Post by kazalala »

I have a Staffordshire Bull Terrier called Sheila:D we were asked to have her from a friend of my sis in law who knew the man who had her and he wasnt treating her right, he wanted rid but couldnt be bothered looking for a new home and was just going to take her to the PDSA, so thats how we got her In February and she was 18 months old then. She had a few bad habits, but is learning really quickly and is a big softie. Its the first time i have had a staffie they are great dogs!

I also have Fish in a pond in the garden,.. Big orange, Ant, Dec, Nino, Brindle, Orf, and Ghost:D

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
southern yankee

Pet names???

Post by southern yankee »

Accountable;921630 wrote: We have a cat, Shima, and the fish: Spot, the Platies (group of 3), Dani, Refugee, Snuffles, That one, That one, That one, That one, That one, and That one. :D

I thought i was the only one who named my fish.

Two Parrot fish Spike and Oscar
Accountable

Pet names???

Post by Accountable »

southern yankee;921867 wrote: I thought i was the only one who named my fish.

Two Parrot fish Spike and Oscar
Well, Spot has one. The platies ... are platies :o. I confess I just named Refugee, but (s)he's the lone survivor of the first group I tried to put in the outside pond. Snuffles is our Chinese algae eater & looks like he's always snuffling around the floor & rocks. Then there's That one, That one, That one, That one, That one, and That one, whose names are obvious. :D

Return to “The Pets In Our Lives”