Source of happiness?

A forum created specifically for polls.
koan

Source of happiness?

Post by koan »

Would you rather be extremely successful professionally and have a tolerable yet unexciting private life, or have an extremely happy private life and only a tolerable and uninspiring professional life?

Sorry, for the purpose of this question you don't get the choice of success in both or, for masochists, the option of intolerable in both.
Marie5656

Source of happiness?

Post by Marie5656 »

No one every lay on thier death bed wishing they had been more successful at thier job. I think your private life is more important to be successful at.
CheshireCat

Source of happiness?

Post by CheshireCat »

No contest here. Definately private life! :-6
"My body is the earth but my head is in the stars."

God Bless BR!!!
Bez

Source of happiness?

Post by Bez »

Private life
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
koan

Source of happiness?

Post by koan »

No votes for professional life.

I think the current poll results indicate that the type to vote professional are too busy to hang around forums.
cherandbuster

Source of happiness?

Post by cherandbuster »

My hubby *may* have cast his vote for a happy professional life. I'll try to explain why.

He is a lawyer and is self-employed. He feels *so much* pressure to succeed. Even if he settles a really good case, he then wonders what else he has 'in the pipeline' that will generate future revenue.

For him, his job is inextricably tied to his happiness.

I think he would view his private life as successful but his professional life as sometimes turbulent.

Therefore, if he had less stress and more consistent success in his lawyer life, he would deem himself satisfied.

Does that make sense? :-3
Live Life with

PASSION
!:guitarist

Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

Source of happiness?

Post by Bryn Mawr »

I have a reasonably successful professional life - that lasts only as long as the current contract.

Give me a good private life any day.
laneybug

Source of happiness?

Post by laneybug »

A professional life passes, but it's your private life that you have until you die.
It is better to have your mind opened by wonder

than closed by belief.
Lon

Source of happiness?

Post by Lon »

koan;370133 wrote: Would you rather be extremely successful professionally and have a tolerable yet unexciting private life, or have an extremely happy private life and only a tolerable and uninspiring professional life?

Sorry, for the purpose of this question you don't get the choice of success in both or, for masochists, the option of intolerable in both.

Having had both, I would say the Private Life, which I now enjoy. The reason being, it's more varied and less focused on one thing (profession). A career, profession, demands one's focus and attention, often to the exclusion of other things if one is do well in their profession or career. The private life gives one the opportunity how to spend time, energy and resources.
cinamin

Source of happiness?

Post by cinamin »

I like doing a good job at work and making money and all of that. but if you don't have anything worthwhile to go home to, you cannot even function at work. I learned this lesson recently.
guppy

Source of happiness?

Post by guppy »

a job is a job...but i think your private life is what makes the world go round:)
RedGlitter

Source of happiness?

Post by RedGlitter »

Private life by far. I've never cared about having a career. I am good at what I do, I get my money and I go home. Then my real life starts. As far as I care a job is just a way to get the money I need for all the important stuff.
Imladris

Source of happiness?

Post by Imladris »

Private life - work is what I do to earn the money to enjoy my private life!

It's a bonus that I enjoy my work most of the time!
Originally Posted by spot

She is one fit bitch innit, that Immy

Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time
sunny104

Source of happiness?

Post by sunny104 »

private life, definitely! :-6
WonderWendy3

Source of happiness?

Post by WonderWendy3 »

Private life -- 100%!!

I enjoy my job and I'm very fortunate to like what I do to bring home the bacon...but I really like taking the bacon home and fryin' it up in a pan....and never let my man forget that I'm a WOMAN!!

Oh yeah...and love my kids and family alot...enjoy my time with them!!:-6

Return to “Polls, Polls, and more Polls”