Clear out

Discuss food, drink, and recipes.
buttercup

Clear out

Post by buttercup »

Ive got a ridiculous amount of mugs in my kitchen 17 in total & ive also got 12 cups, im never likely to need them so why am i keeping them, time to clear out, what are you hoarding in the kitchen that you dont really need?
theia

Clear out

Post by theia »

buttercup;472583 wrote: Ive got a ridiculous amount of mugs in my kitchen 17 in total & ive also got 12 cups, im never likely to need them so why am i keeping them, time to clear out, what are you hoarding in the kitchen that you dont really need?

I can beat you on the mugs, Buttercup...I've got 26 (but no cups)...and it's only me and my cat! But then you never know when I might need them :-5
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
buttercup

Clear out

Post by buttercup »

time to donate to the red cross shop theia, glad its not just me :yh_giggle
theia

Clear out

Post by theia »

buttercup;472587 wrote: time to donate to the red cross shop theia, glad its not just me :yh_giggle

Oh, yes!! And what happens when I get 25 visitors, eh? Answer me that one...if you can!!

:wah:
Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers...Rainer Maria Rilke
Bez

Clear out

Post by Bez »

I've got 6 matching mugs and 3 odd ones that have sentimental value.....1 that my son gave me with MUM on, one that has my name on and one I got from the Eden Project. The other 10 I 'dumped' on my husband when we split back in September. I have a bone china t-service still packed away....doubt if I'll ever use it although I've threatened my kids with an old fashioned Sunday Tea one day.....cucumber sandwiches and fairy cakes....:D Have to find a t-pot first !

I have still got a few unpacked boxes with glassware etc in and I guess I'll have the final sort out when I find a permanent home.

Other than that I did all my de-cluttering back in August...felt good and satisfying.....I still do 'mini' chuck outs regularly.
A smile is a window on your face to show your heart is home
Bez

Clear out

Post by Bez »

theia;472584 wrote: I can beat you on the mugs, Buttercup...I've got 26 (but no cups)...and it's only me and my cat! But then you never know when I might need them :-5

So when I come and visit you next year....I can bring 24 other people with me ! :)
insanity_clause

Clear out

Post by insanity_clause »

things i should throw out a 2 year old bag of sugar that is now as hard as a brick.
abbey

Clear out

Post by abbey »

I found a great site where you can recycle old stuff that's cluttering up your house.

Just put stuff on the site that you have no use for and it goes to a good home.

There's quite a lot of countries that you can link to.:-6

www.uk.freecycle.org
Sheryl

Clear out

Post by Sheryl »

I have a set of 4 John Deere mugs, can't get rid of those or my son will have a cow. 8 mugs that came with my dishes. Several plastic cups that we mainly drink out of. And 3 sets of glasses that just collect dust. :o
"Girls are crazy! I'm not ever getting married, I can make my own sandwiches!"

my son
theia

Clear out

Post by theia »

Bez;472594 wrote: So when I come and visit you next year....I can bring 24 other people with me ! :)

Bez, you can bring a hundred, so long as you bring yourself. But of course the other 74 won't get a mug of tea!
buttercup

Clear out

Post by buttercup »

well i could send you mine theia :sneaky:
Bez

Clear out

Post by Bez »

theia;473074 wrote: Bez, you can bring a hundred, so long as you bring yourself. But of course the other 74 won't get a mug of tea!

:yh_rotfl :yh_rotfl

:-4

Return to “The Kitchen”