Slimming World

samanthauk23

Slimming World

Post by samanthauk23 »

Heya, just a quick question really - has anyone here either tried slimming world or know anyone who has? If so, did you/they find it worked? Or is the traditional calorie counting way better?? Need to get rid of my winter butt and put my summer one on ya see :D
Imladris

Slimming World

Post by Imladris »

Yes I have tried it a couple of times.

I don't know how much you know about it, but when I did it a few years ago I stuck to green days, which is when you eat unlimited carbohydrates but weigh out proteins, on red days it is the other way around. Fruit and veg were unlimited and you have a daily allowance of dairy and treats.

The results were quite good. For me though - I struggle to stick to an eating plan and really found the concept of sticking to it for life very hard to come to grips with.

Good luck though if you do decided to try it.
Originally Posted by spot

She is one fit bitch innit, that Immy

Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time
samanthauk23

Slimming World

Post by samanthauk23 »

Ahhh, i see - although I do know what you mean about eating plans, the thought of being able to eat as much as I like did appeal.

If it's not a rude question how much did you shift in total on that plan? I'm just trying to get an idea of how well it worked. :)
Imladris

Slimming World

Post by Imladris »

samanthauk23;598164 wrote: Ahhh, i see - although I do know what you mean about eating plans, the thought of being able to eat as much as I like did appeal.

If it's not a rude question how much did you shift in total on that plan? I'm just trying to get an idea of how well it worked. :)

The first time I did it I lost 10lbs, then went on holiday, put a little back on then gave up!

Can't remember how much I lost the second time but my heart wasn't really in it.

I did try Reductil (on prescription) and lost 3 stone but have put that back on too (I really am crap at losing weight). I don't think that would work for you because you don't sound like you have much to lose (Lucky you!):-6

When I did slimming world I used to make a lot of meals with quorn, I made loads of chilli, bolognese etc 'cos quorn is 'free' on the green days so you can have it with loads of pasta or rice and have a free meal and still have 'sins' left for a creme egg!
Originally Posted by spot

She is one fit bitch innit, that Immy

Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time
samanthauk23

Slimming World

Post by samanthauk23 »

Well I'm 9st 10 and need to get down to about 8st 5 according to the weight charts - bah! It's not TOO much, but I, like you say you are, am RUBBISH at losing weight! I love my food too much lol!

I'm gonna give slimming world a try! I'll let you know how I get on!

Thanks for all your help btw! :)

Return to “Health Wellness”