What a disaster!!!

Need help? Ask for it. Serious Discussions Only.
Pheasy

What a disaster!!!

Post by Pheasy »

Aww Pinks. Good job you found out on first date - keep looking Mr Right is out there somewhere :-6 :-4
Mia

What a disaster!!!

Post by Mia »

Never mind Pinky at least you have had the sense to call it a day. I went for guys not suited when younger and headed for heartache.

Hugs Mia
chonsigirl

What a disaster!!!

Post by chonsigirl »

He sounded like a big dud!
pinkchick

What a disaster!!!

Post by pinkchick »

Good god! What a cheekie git he is!:lips:

Better off without hun:)
Very nearly perfect ... :D
Pheasy

What a disaster!!!

Post by Pheasy »

I can't believe he asked you if you had ADD - hello, no you just boring the CR$P out of me!!!
WonderWendy3

What a disaster!!!

Post by WonderWendy3 »

Pinky;617060 wrote: I know...the bad thing is, I didn't even hear him...I had to say 'Sorry? I wasn't paying attention!':o :wah:

:yh_rotfl

Having a child with ADHD...that is very funny to me!!^^

Wow, what a date...glad you made the best of it...The bit about calling bikers idiots...yeah...buh bye now!!
Pheasy

What a disaster!!!

Post by Pheasy »

WonderWendy3;617121 wrote: :yh_rotfl

Having a child with ADHD...that is very funny to me!!^^

Wow, what a date...glad you made the best of it...The bit about calling bikers idiots...yeah...buh bye now!!

:wah: Me too - Josh is ADHD - I feel really sorry for any girl he gets together with - she better be ready for him!!
koan

What a disaster!!!

Post by koan »

You were thinking about me weren't ya Pinks? :sneaky:
The Rob

What a disaster!!!

Post by The Rob »

I love to chat and looove to flirt, but I don't miss the dating thing at all. Save for the very last date I had (with my missus, obviously), almost all of them were unmitigated disasters featuring mixed (or missed) signals, awkwardness, and unfulfilled expectations. Bah!

Here's hoping your next one is better by a factor of 100, Mizz Pinky.
koan

What a disaster!!!

Post by koan »

I remember going on a date with a photographer after a photoshoot. He fell in the swimming pool with his camera. Kind of ended the shoot early. :wah:

It was the same kind of evening. He talked and everything that came out of his mouth made my blood boil in the wrong way. To make it worse, the friend who recommended me for the shoot wouldn't speak to me anymore because she liked the photographer and didn't believe me when I said she was welcome to him.
The Rob

What a disaster!!!

Post by The Rob »

koan;617137 wrote: ...To make it worse, the friend who recommended me for the shoot wouldn't speak to me anymore because she liked the photographer and didn't believe me when I said she was welcome to him.

No reasoning with some people. I think that's why it's really best to date outside one's extended circle of friends.
The Rob

What a disaster!!!

Post by The Rob »

Pinky;617141 wrote: ...Maybe that's why I don't like women very much.

I like 'em okay. They smell pretty good. Go on, give 'em another chance. :-6
The Rob

What a disaster!!!

Post by The Rob »

Pinky;617144 wrote: Whatever. Go boil your head.

Um...ow?
koan

What a disaster!!!

Post by koan »

Pinky;617141 wrote: Me too. For some reason, my so called friends always eem to want to steal the limelight, knowing damn well I back off as soon ascthe slightest bit of competition comes along. Maybe that's why I don't like women very much.

I know exactly what you mean. It's not quite like it sounds but I get you.

I grew up with a group of women that figured it was everyone for themselves and only a few ever figured out that you only truly have what comes to you naturally.
The Rob

What a disaster!!!

Post by The Rob »

Pinky;617152 wrote: So why the hell do I feel intimidated the minute that other people show Up? I can flirt for England for crying out loud! I'm just so annoyed at myself!:-5

I think many people in the dating scene put too much pressure on themselves, as if the process is a test they either pass or fail, or as if it were a job interview. There is also that idea that one must behave better than one does with one's platonic pals. Rubbish. I think that you have to be just as selfish and unselfconscious as you would be with your regular mates, because that's who you are.

koan

What a disaster!!!

Post by koan »

Hope you feel better today, Pinky.

A bad date is sometimes a good way to help define what we are looking for. Be happy you're not one of those that just throws ideals out the window for the sake of trying to find love. ;)

Be discriminating. Make them earn you. To hell with what anyone else thinks, we know you are worth a lot.
WonderWendy3

What a disaster!!!

Post by WonderWendy3 »

koan;617183 wrote: Hope you feel better today, Pinky.

A bad date is sometimes a good way to help define what we are looking for. Be happy you're not one of those that just throws ideals out the window for the sake of trying to find love. ;)

Be discriminating. Make them earn you. To hell with what anyone else thinks, we know you are worth a lot.

Yeah, what she said ^^^:) :-4
neffy

What a disaster!!!

Post by neffy »

you know what pinky get a dog always happy to please, never answers you back and they are always happy to see you no matter how you are with them:o
The rottie queen
Carl44

What a disaster!!!

Post by Carl44 »

come on pinky cheer up , you know in a certain (quite dim) light and a few beers most guys could force themselves to ask you out for a cheap pint and a bag of chips :yh_rotfl :yh_rotfl :yh_rotfl

no you know you are lovely really ;)
neffy

What a disaster!!!

Post by neffy »

jimbo you are soooooooooooo romantic:yh_rotfl :yh_rotfl
The rottie queen
SuzyB

What a disaster!!!

Post by SuzyB »

Pinky;617040 wrote: Just got back from my date (for those that haven't read the random thread, I helped a guy out with a petrol pump today and got asked out). Well, physically there was no problem, body language told me that, but we had absolutely nothing in common whatsoever!

A few bikes flew past, and the first thing he said was 'Bunch of idiots. I can't stand bikers.' Oh Dear. So, I mentioned that he probably didn't want to know about my CBR600 then? The more we talked, the more I knew we were chalk and cheese...he likes Kylie, I like Muse. He likes Indian, I like Italian. He's really right wing and ambitious, I'm a left wing hippy. The one thing that we did laugh about was how unsuitable we are!

Took him to Geldeston Locks, an pub which is unchanged from when it was built. No electric, just candles, everything is unchanged. Then I found out he thinks history is boring, the paranormal is a bunch of weirdoes stuff (didn't mention my paganism, obviously) and he doesn't read. At all.

He didn't like the band (I thought they were really cool) hates camping, has a real problem with all the foreigners in our locality and is generally just a bit pompous. Bloody good looking and pompous, but my aversion to the attitude cancelled that out.

All in all, if we were to see each other again, it would be nothing more than a bit of fun; a nice diversion. I don't think I will though. Oddly enough, I found my thoughts with someone else, stupid as that is, because it's totally unrealistic. I always was one for flights of fancy though. I had to laugh...he'd been yakking on about gigabytes and such (whatever they are) and my thoughts wandered...he actually asked me if I had some sort of attention deficit disorder! I refrained from saying that I just found it dull as hell.

Naomi came to pick me up and we went for a quick one at 'the local' - The Crown at Haddiscoe. At least the usual guys were there, Zoltan and Glynn and the rest of them...had a yak to them, and then here I am!

I'm not dissappointed really, it's just one of those things I guess!

:wah: :wah: LMFAO another one bites the dust!
I am nobody..nobody is perfect...therefore I must be Perfect!

chrisb84uk

What a disaster!!!

Post by chrisb84uk »

Sorry to hear that it didn't go well Pinky, but he did sound like a jerk, so perhaps it was a good thing that you didn't connect very well, because you deserve a lot better than him! I'm sure Mr Right will come into view soon, just gotta keep getting on with life as you never know what comes around the corner! :-6

What a disaster!!!

Post by 911 »

It's alright Pinks. Your Prince is out there.

Now, go out and kiss a few more frogs! Come on, pucker up :D
When choosing between two evils, I always like to take the one I've never tried before.

Mae West
Indian Princess

What a disaster!!!

Post by Indian Princess »

If Mr. Right comes along pinky, could you ask him if he has a brother for me.
Uncle Kram

What a disaster!!!

Post by Uncle Kram »

Did he have any particular view on trumping? :D

THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN PUN
sunny104

What a disaster!!!

Post by sunny104 »

people like that just make me want to act really obnoxious! :wah:

I wonder what he would have thought of my ability to burp really loud?? :D
YZGI

What a disaster!!!

Post by YZGI »

Pinky;618884 wrote: I guess it was sort of flattering just to be invited out, but I'm not desparate to meet anyone serious at the mo anyway. I've got a couple of projects in the pipeline that I'm working on, so that and work has to take priority now for a while. I guess it would be nice to have a bit of attention, but at the end of the day I have some really good mates that I can call in on when I need some company, so that's fine by me!
Are their names........Battery Operated?:wah: :cool:
laneybug

What a disaster!!!

Post by laneybug »

Well, at least you know what you don't want. That's part of the battle. Now you can focus on what you do want.

You should be admired for standing up for what you love and believe in and not going along with some dumbass out of loneliness or whatever. Good for you!
It is better to have your mind opened by wonder

than closed by belief.
Betty Boop

What a disaster!!!

Post by Betty Boop »

YZGI;618887 wrote: Are their names........Battery Operated?:wah: :cool:

:yh_rotfl :yh_rotfl
SuzyB

What a disaster!!!

Post by SuzyB »

YZGI;618887 wrote: Are their names........Battery Operated?:wah: :cool:

No it's Roger Rabbit :sneaky:

WonderWendy3

What a disaster!!!

Post by WonderWendy3 »

SuzyB;619212 wrote: No it's Roger Rabbit :sneaky:

:yh_rotfl :yh_rotfl

I thought that earlier, and said...stay away Wendy...behave Wendy....fight it Wendy...and I did....lo and behold my sweet Suzy friend read my mind!!!

Who would've ever thunked it??
SuzyB

What a disaster!!!

Post by SuzyB »

WonderWendy3;619216 wrote: :yh_rotfl :yh_rotfl

I thought that earlier, and said...stay away Wendy...behave Wendy....fight it Wendy...and I did....lo and behold my sweet Suzy friend read my mind!!!

Who would've ever thunked it??

:o :o

WonderWendy3

What a disaster!!!

Post by WonderWendy3 »

Pinky;619226 wrote: Oh come on guys...he's called Buzz Lightyear.:wah:

Because he replaces "WOODY"??? :wah: :wah: :wah:

I'm killing myself over here!!
sunny104

What a disaster!!!

Post by sunny104 »

*pout*

am I the only one without a "toy"?? :-1

:D