A forum created specifically for polls.
Nomad

Sept. 11 2001 911

Post by Nomad »

I AM AWESOME MAN
Accountable

Sept. 11 2001 911

Post by Accountable »

Nail it down a bit, Nomad. We still remember the Alamo. Jokes about Abraham Lincoln still fall flat. There's still a big hole at Ground Zero.
CARLA

Sept. 11 2001 911

Post by CARLA »

Can't forget but we can move on. :(
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

spot

Sept. 11 2001 911

Post by spot »

How could anyone forget or let go, why would anyone want to? It was one of the major outrages of the last hundred years. Perhaps it can end up as a fact of history when nobody's left alive who remembers it, you've a long time to wait until that happens.

Are you sure forget or let go are really the words you're looking for? It can only be impossible to do either, you're not offering any choice.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

Sept. 11 2001 911

Post by Bryn Mawr »

We should never forget but neither should we allow ourselves to let it rule our lives and the lives of our children.
Galbally

Sept. 11 2001 911

Post by Galbally »

I think for anyone who was alive at the time of the September 11th attacks it would be impossible to forget those events, whether you were in New York, or just one of the millions watching it on TV. Its been the undoubted defining moment of current times for Westerners, and will be regarded as such until time or other events supercede it. It's funny, as of course life goes on, and we don't all go round thinking about the WTC attack all the time, but when they show the events again, it is still almost as shocking and unreal now as it was then, well for me it is anyway.
"We are never so happy, never so unhappy, as we imagine"

Le Rochefoucauld.

"A smack in the face settles all arguments, then you can move on kid."

My dad 1986.

Sept. 11 2001 911

Post by 911 »

But do we really need a whole week of reliving the attack, talking to survivors, the deceased's family, Bush and his speeches?

We don't do that with Pearl Harbor anymore. It makes a small clip at the end of the nightly news. Well, except for the old movie channels. It's a week of war movies!
When choosing between two evils, I always like to take the one I've never tried before.

Mae West
abbey

Sept. 11 2001 911

Post by abbey »

How is it possible to forget when many wars will rage in years to come because of it?
spot

Sept. 11 2001 911

Post by spot »

Jester;837783 wrote: It will do us no good to forget it, and moving on only puts the signpost further in the shadows, moving forward is a must, but do it in memory of the attack, and the victims.What possible excuse do you have, as a nation, for refusing to punish the people who should have prevented it and failed? The USA had systems in place which had been designed and tested to prevent this event and yet you sit back and believe "nobody thought the threat existed" which is a blatant lie.

The one image that will go through history is your President sat in a classroom looking entirely vacant while his security detail failed to take him to safety - another tried and tested system which didn't activate.
Nullius in verba ... ☎||||||||||| ... To Fate I sue, of other means bereft, the only refuge for the wretched left.
When flower power came along I stood for Human Rights, marched around for peace and freedom, had some nooky every night - we took it serious.
Who has a spare two minutes to play in this month's FG Trivia game! ... My other OS is Slackware.
spot

Sept. 11 2001 911

Post by spot »

Jester;838142 wrote: First off I did not say that nobody thought the threat existed. Not sure where you assumed that from, in fact many of us thought the threat was emminant, we just took it up the next level.

No excuses. Have I made any? No.You've again taken "you" personally when I'd already referred to the US administration. I wrote "What possible excuse do you have, as a nation, for refusing to punish the people who should have prevented it and failed? The USA had systems in place which had been designed and tested to prevent this event and yet you sit back and believe "nobody thought the threat existed" which is a blatant lie."With "you" sitting back and believing "nobody thought the threat existed" I had in mind particularly the President's particular friend:http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington ... usat_x.htm

On May 16, 2002, Rice told reporters that there was no specific information in that 2001 briefing and that officials could not have imagined al-Qaeda was plotting suicide missions that involved flying planes into buildings.

"I don't think that anybody could have predicted that these people would take an airplane and slam it into the World Trade Center, take another one and slam it into the Pentagon, that they would try to use an airplane as a missile," she said. Some 9/11 family members have called that disingenuous and suggested that the administration either didn't take the threats seriously or that Rice and others were trying to protect themselves by saying no one could have imagined such attacks.Why does the US refuse to punish the people who should have prevented 9/11 and failed?
spot

Sept. 11 2001 911

Post by spot »

3,000 domestic deaths and not even a single demotion for anyone at all in any branch of government service? Does nobody find that rather shocking? One might ask the criminal investigators what avenues they pursued and why they stopped short of allocating responsibility.
spot

Sept. 11 2001 911

Post by spot »

Jester;838233 wrote: I personally dont feel outrage that nobody has been punished, or blamed.I'm sure many people in the US agree with that attitude. I think they're afraid of what an honest enquiry would uncover in terms of who took what actions, and an interpretation of why they did it. I have lots of honest questions. Nobody in authority has asked them yet. I want to ask the commander of the President's security detail what his standing orders had been ever since he took the job on, when people were dying in a major and continuing terrorist attack and the President was at a public school sitting in on a lesson. I want to know why interceptors weren't in the air when every other time a plane had gone off course they'd intercepted faultlessly. I feel incandescently outraged that nobody has been punished or blamed.
spot

Sept. 11 2001 911

Post by spot »

JAB;838261 wrote: But in a criminal court when you have to convict 'beyond a reasonable doubt', do you think that's possible? How do you seat an impartial jury to decide their fate?

How do you get that far unless you investigate? I see no investigation.

I spoke of demotion, not of criminal courts or juries.
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

Sept. 11 2001 911

Post by Bryn Mawr »

Jester;838287 wrote: I'm still trying to wrap my head around YOUR outrage Spot? Why do you have a right to even be outraged?

Given the alternative route that the US government took the whole world has the right to be outraged!
mrsK

Sept. 11 2001 911

Post by mrsK »

I am outraged.

We need to get on with life but

"Lest We Forget,Lest We Forget"

How appropriate with Anzac Day coming up soon.
It's nice to be important,but more important to be nice.
mrsK

Sept. 11 2001 911

Post by mrsK »

fuzzy butt;838307 wrote: My son is the lead drummer in our little parade in town this year Mrs K .

No. I'm not too happy about it, but he's thirteen now and has to start making his own decisions regarding his spirituality.

Congrats to your son Fuzzy.:-6

I will have you both in my thoughts.

They have to make their own decisions ,we can guide but that is where it has to end.

Our grandson will be receiving a medal on the day,he will not find out till the day.

Another proud moment for all of us:-4:-6
Bryn Mawr
Site Admin

Sept. 11 2001 911

Post by Bryn Mawr »

fuzzy butt;838397 wrote: It's funny really. I was talking to an American yeaterday and we got onto this topic.

He denounces Mike moore as a Liar. and yet when I asked what Michael moore was lying about He couldn't answer me because he'd never taken notice of him.:-2

Your FBI your CIA and other organisations did their job . They warned right down to the general timing....................Your Government administration ignored it and over 3000 people died, not to mention those still dying in Iraq. Yes they should be held accountable. And if not by us then you're own citizens.

You notice that, despite your specifically saying that the video does not involve Michael Moore, just the mention of his name is enough to stop Jester wanting top even try and watch it. How is that for self censorship?
mrsK

Sept. 11 2001 911

Post by mrsK »

I have read & re read this topic today.

I don't usually get involved in these conversations as I tend to get upset about the whole thing.

I was sent an email this year & have googled the singer & will put it on here for you to watch the video if you want if not that is ok.

I know it is not about 911 but it is about remembering those who have fought & died so we can live a pretty damn good life.

I constantly think of mothers & fathers who are losing their children because of crap wars,terrorists,etc.

I know a lot of you do as well.

I am of topic but so be it,I will take the brunt of that as well.

http://www.terry-kelly.com/pittance/pittance_en.htm# then click on video.
Accountable

Sept. 11 2001 911

Post by Accountable »

I watched a bit of the trip Moore spewed and called a documentary. His most inflammatory remarks are questions, not statements, so that he doesn't have to back it up with fact. Then he peppers it with little political jabs and video taken out of context. If it were on a subject that went against the Hollywood grain - say, Clinton - he would have been crucified as a liar or, worse, ignored.
Victoria

Sept. 11 2001 911

Post by Victoria »

I'm with Fuzzy butt and Spot on this one.

BTW young men from this country are now also dying keeping the peace (?) in the war the US dragged us into
spot

Sept. 11 2001 911

Post by spot »

To be honest I'm not that bothered what the US does or doesn't do any longer, they've demonstrated their impotence to such an extent. The money's run out, the debts are flying home to roost, the majority of cash-strapped consumers have finally realized that they can't buy what's on the shelves any longer. As far as I can see there's no way back up the slippery slope and the US is a historical footnote.

If it took the catastrophic actions of the Project for the New American Century the last twelve years to make all that happen and they've destroyed the underpinning of capitalism in the process then it's twelve years well spent, capitalism was a moral disaster on a greater scale than anything else that hit the 20th century and the world's well rid of it. Someone, someday, will write a full account of what the Project for the New American Century deliberately unleashed. There's no rush.
nvalleyvee

Sept. 11 2001 911

Post by nvalleyvee »

Never forget what happened on this day. I thought at least 20,000 people would die - as I'm sure Al Quida did................less than 4,000. The families that lost their loved ones stil want closurel. Dioyou know they have only identified 15% of the bones. I think that is pretty goood.
The growth of knowledge depends entirely on disagreement..........Karl R. Popper

Return to “Polls, Polls, and more Polls”