My kitten??

Discussions about your pets!
southern yankee

My kitten??

Post by southern yankee »

Well T-Bear is the weirdest cat i have ever had. Well what i mean by that' First of all I CAN NOT litter box train him. Will have nothing to do with it. i have had many cats, NEVER HAD THIS PROBLEM. Plus he is the dirtest cat i have ever seen. he rolls in the dirt with the dogs. he chews on bones. He went out with the dogs to use it he looks like he jumped in a mud puddle. My youngest male cats trys to clean him up.What's up with this NUTTY CAT????:wah:
Odie

My kitten??

Post by Odie »

southern yankee;1015664 wrote: Well T-Bear is the weirdest cat i have ever had. Well what i mean by that' First of all I CAN NOT litter box train him. Will have nothing to do with it. i have had many cats, NEVER HAD THIS PROBLEM. Plus he is the dirtest cat i have ever seen. he rolls in the dirt with the dogs. he chews on bones. He went out with the dogs to use it he looks like he jumped in a mud puddle. My youngest male cats trys to clean him up.What's up with this NUTTY CAT????:wah:

because he is an outdoor kitten, may prefer to do his duties there?

my kitten Jack sounds like yours, he climbs walls!! He will eat anything that is on the counter, including tomatoes!

We have never had such a weird and different cat, and we have had tons of cats over the years, he is now 2 and has energy of 4!

did you have him de-wormed?
Life is just to short for drama.
RedGlitter

My kitten??

Post by RedGlitter »

How old is he? Is he neutered?

What kind of litter do you use? Is the box open or covered?

Have any other cats?
southern yankee

My kitten??

Odie;1015665 wrote: because he is an outdoor kitten, may prefer to do his duties there?

my kitten Jack sounds like yours, he climbs walls!! He will eat anything that is on the counter, including tomatoes!

We have never had such a weird and different cat, and we have had tons of cats over the years, he is now 2 and has energy of 4!

did you have him de-wormed? yes, i have dewormed him. He is a counter jumper too. If i have any food sitting out it is fair game. will not share either:sneaky: a little mean devil when food is involved. When he is old enough he will have his manhood clipped too:wah:
southern yankee

My kitten??

RedGlitter;1015668 wrote: How old is he? Is he neutered?

What kind of litter do you use? Is the box open or covered?

Have any other cats? i have 2 other cats. both fixed boys. Tidy cat litter. not fixed yet he is 10 weeks
RedGlitter

My kitten??

Post by RedGlitter »

southern yankee;1015670 wrote: i have 2 other cats. both fixed boys. Tidy cat litter. not fixed yet he is 10 weeks

Hmm. It might just be kittenhood They can get a little wild when they're that young.

I asked about neutering because it tends to have a calming effect on cats and dogs and in male cats usually stops them from spraying.

If he keeps it up it may be something like he's picky about the litter you use or if you have a lid on the box a lot of cats won't go in it. I've had several who were like that. And a problem I have in my house is that my one cat is very territorial and runs the timid one off. (I have three) So I have two boxes in separate rooms.

He might grow out of it though. Photos?? :)
CARLA

My kitten??

Post by CARLA »

He thinks he is a DOG..!!:wah:
ALOHA!!

MOTTO TO LIVE BY:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming.

WOO HOO!!, what a ride!!!"

Odie

My kitten??

Post by Odie »

as Red said and very good point, do you just have one litter box, if so , try another one as well.

one of my four are the same as Reds....we have 3 litter box's in different rooms for all 4 cats.

are you using the clumping litter?
southern yankee

My kitten??

RedGlitter;1015685 wrote: Hmm. It might just be kittenhood They can get a little wild when they're that young.

I asked about neutering because it tends to have a calming effect on cats and dogs and in male cats usually stops them from spraying.

If he keeps it up it may be something like he's picky about the litter you use or if you have a lid on the box a lot of cats won't go in it. I've had several who were like that. And a problem I have in my house is that my one cat is very territorial and runs the timid one off. (I have three) So I have two boxes in separate rooms.

He might grow out of it though. Photos?? :) tried separate boxes. nope he likes the bare floor. but he does go to the door when he wants out. with the dogs of course.:wah:
Odie

My kitten??

Post by Odie »

southern yankee;1015700 wrote: tried separate boxes. nope he likes the bare floor. but he does go to the door when he wants out. with the dogs of course.:wah:

believe it or not....he may think he is a dog!

maybe a female dog raised the kittens?
southern yankee

My kitten??

Odie;1015715 wrote: believe it or not....he may think he is a dog! :

maybe a female dog raised the kittens? you may be right. he would rather hang with the dogs:wah:
Odie

My kitten??

Post by Odie »

southern yankee;1015723 wrote: you may be right. he would rather hang with the dogs:wah:

I really have heard these stories before, sometimes they do get confused, and sounds like he is also acting like a dog!
southern yankee

My kitten??

Odie;1015726 wrote: I really have heard these stories before, sometimes they do get confused, and sounds like he is also acting like a dog! could be just my luck. i do have odd pets.:wah: about like their owners:wah:
qsducks

My kitten??

Post by qsducks »

southern yankee;1015732 wrote: could be just my luck. i do have odd pets.:wah: about like their owners:wah:

Your odd? What, do you sleep upside down in your closet hanging by your toes?
southern yankee

My kitten??

qsducks;1015736 wrote: Your odd? What, do you sleep upside down in your closet hanging by your toes? thanks:wah:
qsducks

My kitten??

Post by qsducks »

southern yankee;1015738 wrote: thanks:wah:

Hey, we all need a good laugh:wah:
southern yankee

My kitten??

qsducks;1015744 wrote: Hey, we all need a good laugh:wah: yes we do:wah:
qsducks

My kitten??

Post by qsducks »

Jeez, it's dead in here tonight. I'm watching the Boston Red Sox vs Tampa Bay. Umm, you know I'm a die hard Red Sox fan:wah:
southern yankee

My kitten??

qsducks;1015752 wrote: Jeez, it's dead in here tonight. I'm watching the Boston Red Sox vs Tampa Bay. Umm, you know I'm a die hard Red Sox fan:wah: i am still crying in my beer over the Cubs:-1
qsducks

My kitten??

Post by qsducks »

southern yankee;1015754 wrote: i am still crying in my beer over the Cubs:-1

Blame the goat:wah:
southern yankee

My kitten??

qsducks;1015756 wrote: Blame the goat:wah: damn goat!! is it me or is it a ghost town here tonight??:wah:
qsducks

My kitten??

Post by qsducks »

southern yankee;1015759 wrote: damn goat!! is it me or is it a ghost town here tonight??:wah:

Looks like Yaaarrrgg & Kay are now here.

Return to “The Pets In Our Lives”