Israel admits killing 189 children in attack on Gaza

Discuss the latest political news.
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Israel admits killing 189 children in Gaza campaign - Telegraph
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
farmer giles

Post by farmer giles »

suprise suprise the go israel lot are silent :thinking::thinking:
Bill Sikes

Post by Bill Sikes »

A series of statements made by soldiers in the IDF was widely reported.

"During Operation Cast Lead, Israeli forces killed Palestinian civilians under permissive rules of engagement and intentionally destroyed their property, say soldiers who fought in the offensive."

Check bits of that at Google & see what's spat out.
Oscar Namechange

Bill Sikes;1163712 wrote: A series of statements made by soldiers in the IDF was widely reported.

"During Operation Cast Lead, Israeli forces killed Palestinian civilians under permissive rules of engagement and intentionally destroyed their property, say soldiers who fought in the offensive."

Check bits of that at Google & see what's spat out. I don't believe the figure that Israel has publicly released full stop. During the onslaught on gaza, the confirmed dead Palistinians was standing at 1,200. They also confirmed that one third of the fatalities were children. These figures were announced by the BBC as also other sources. That's 400 children at least. At the time, I checked out some sites as we wanted to make a donation for Gaza. The Red Cross were giving the figures of children being killed as much much higher. It also does not include children maimed and severley wounded, that figure, last time i looked was believed to be around 1,500 injured. The Israeli's were also ordered by 'Condeleeza Rice' not to bomb UN buildings. This was totally ignored and they bombed a UN school as well as the UN compound with other nationalities of workers in there.

Then there is the use of illegal white Phospherous shells which were used in built up area's in daylight which is highly illegal and should be seen to be war crimes on Israel's part. I watched a video of children being treated after being horrifically burnt by the white phospherous.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Bill Sikes

Post by Bill Sikes »

Access by the outside world to the entire area was wholly restricted. That in itself speaks volumes.
Clint

Post by Clint »

Did Hamas call the press each time it fired a rocket toward a school? Did they invite the press to the wedding parties they blew up with suicide bombers? Did they make sure no children were in the restaurants they bombed? How about the busses they bombed...no children there? If Hamas had the military might Israel has there would be peace in the land...right?

I guess the way to fight a war is to draw up the rules go to the middle of the field and flip a coin. If one side causes collateral damage the referee has to let the other side kill a few innocents too.
Schooling results in matriculation. Education is a process that changes the learner.
koan

Post by koan »

My daughter wants me to attend a documentary showing, called "paperclips," about the holocaust. Actually, about a school of children learning about the holocaust.

I'm really nervous about going because I'm fairly sure I'll bring up Palestine during the question period.

I'm not against studying, learning and remembering the holocaust but I'm angered by the idea that we've learned anything from it. Not only has Israel created concentrations of Arab refugee camps, they've built walls around it, ensured Egypt will enforce part of the prison patrol and routinely exterminate masses of the population. So the Jews didn't learn anything. The rest of us continue to passively watch it happen, occasionally expressing distaste. So no one else learned anything.

What's the point watching a documentary about the holocaust unless we also discuss Palestine?

If I go, should I sit on my hands and bit my tongue or are my concerns reasonable?

I want her to learn about the holocaust but not under the pretense that it isn't still going on. They just changed who the victims are.
koan

Post by koan »

Maybe if we give six million of those paperclips to Israel and they clip it to a piece of paper with the name of an Arab that they've killed, they'll stop when they've got to six million? Then maybe there will be peace because they won't be able to justify killing any more.
Oscar Namechange

koan;1164892 wrote: Maybe if we give six million of those paperclips to Israel and they clip it to a piece of paper with the name of an Arab that they've killed, they'll stop when they've got to six million? Then maybe there will be peace because they won't be able to justify killing any more. It's very important that the discussion about the holocaust you may attend with your kids, includes the fact that the holocaust was not solely Jewish. All sorts of nationalities and undisirables were rounded up for the gas chambers by the Nazi ethnic cleansing programme. Israel and the Jews forget this when they are playing the holocaust card. The Holocaust included Eastern European's mosty Polish and Russians. Also any gypsies, physically and mentaly disabled.
Clint

Post by Clint »

The Palestinians seek to blame Israel, the victim of terrorism that is taking a purely defensive measure. Moreover, they ignore the hundreds of innocent victims murdered by Palestinian terrorism emanating from the West Bank. There would have been no need for a security fence had there not been an orchestrated campaign of terrorism that targets Israeli men, women and children for death. Death is permanent. It is irreversible. The inconvenience caused to Palestinians by the security fence is temporary and reversible, once terrorism stops and peace is achieved.

Source and the rest of the article: Saving Lives: Israel's Security Fence
Schooling results in matriculation. Education is a process that changes the learner.
koan

Post by koan »

Clint;1164903 wrote: The Palestinians seek to blame Israel, the victim of terrorism that is taking a purely defensive measure. Moreover, they ignore the hundreds of innocent victims murdered by Palestinian terrorism emanating from the West Bank. There would have been no need for a security fence had there not been an orchestrated campaign of terrorism that targets Israeli men, women and children for death. Death is permanent. It is irreversible. The inconvenience caused to Palestinians by the security fence is temporary and reversible, once terrorism stops and peace is achieved.

Source and the rest of the article: Saving Lives: Israel's Security Fence

I don't see what is reversible about the bulldozing of houses with people in them.

You're just telling me what Israel would like people to believe. Thanks for putting more words to the bit I said about them using the holocaust to justify.

The concentration camps were reversed too. They were torn down, yes?

Don't talk about the numbers of dead when the number of Israelis killed is so disproportionate to the Arabs. It's insulting.
Clint

Post by Clint »

oscar;1164899 wrote: It's very important that the discussion about the holocaust you may attend with your kids, includes the fact that the holocaust was not solely Jewish. All sorts of nationalities and undisirables were rounded up for the gas chambers by the Nazi ethnic cleansing programme. Israel and the Jews forget this when they are playing the holocaust card. The Holocaust included Eastern European's mosty Polish and Russians. Also any gypsies, physically and mentaly disabled.

6,000,000 Jews and those you mention plus homosexuals and any other group Hitler didn't want on the planet. The Jews have the need to keep the memory of this ugly peice of history alive. It must not happen to Jews again and it must not happen to any other group.

You don't hear Jewish leaders saying Palestinian people should be elimenated but you do hear it from other leaders in the region who hate Jews.
koan

Post by koan »

Clint;1164909 wrote:

You don't hear Jewish leaders saying Palestinian people should be elimenated but you do hear it from other leaders in the region who hate Jews.

You may not hear it but it's being learned.

Haaretz article on military t-shirts being custom made by Israeli soldiers.

Dead babies, mothers weeping on their children's graves, a gun aimed at a child and bombed-out mosques - these are a few examples of the images Israel Defense Forces soldiers design these days to print on shirts they order to mark the end of training, or of field duty. The slogans accompanying the drawings are not exactly anemic either: A T-shirt for infantry snipers bears the inscription "Better use Durex," next to a picture of a dead Palestinian baby, with his weeping mother and a teddy bear beside him. A sharpshooter's T-shirt from the Givati Brigade's Shaked battalion shows a pregnant Palestinian woman with a bull's-eye superimposed on her belly, with the slogan, in English, "1 shot, 2 kills." A "graduation" shirt for those who have completed another snipers course depicts a Palestinian baby, who grows into a combative boy and then an armed adult, with the inscription, "No matter how it begins, we'll put an end to it."

Attached files
Clint

Post by Clint »

koan;1164911 wrote: You may not hear it but it's being learned.

Haaretz article on military t-shirts being custom made by Israeli soldiers.

Dead babies, mothers weeping on their children's graves, a gun aimed at a child and bombed-out mosques - these are a few examples of the images Israel Defense Forces soldiers design these days to print on shirts they order to mark the end of training, or of field duty. The slogans accompanying the drawings are not exactly anemic either: A T-shirt for infantry snipers bears the inscription "Better use Durex," next to a picture of a dead Palestinian baby, with his weeping mother and a teddy bear beside him. A sharpshooter's T-shirt from the Givati Brigade's Shaked battalion shows a pregnant Palestinian woman with a bull's-eye superimposed on her belly, with the slogan, in English, "1 shot, 2 kills." A "graduation" shirt for those who have completed another snipers course depicts a Palestinian baby, who grows into a combative boy and then an armed adult, with the inscription, "No matter how it begins, we'll put an end to it."
Neither Haaretz nore the senior military people found the t-shirts acceptable. They were approved by a relatively junior NCO. These kids that purchased the t-shirts haven't been taught it's the right thing, in fact, you can be sure they will now be given lessons that teach them just the opposite.
koan

Post by koan »

Clint;1164912 wrote: Neither Haaretz nore the senior military people found the t-shirts acceptable. They were approved by a relatively junior NCO. These kids that purchased the t-shirts haven't been taught it's the right thing, in fact, you can be sure they will now be given lessons that teach them just the opposite.

we can be sure they are being told so since people found out about it. that is all we can be sure of.
Clint

Post by Clint »

koan;1164916 wrote: we can be sure they are being told so since people found out about it. that is all we can be sure of.

Thankfully, it was a Jewish newspaper that found out about it and reported it.
Oscar Namechange

Clint;1164917 wrote: Thankfully, it was a Jewish newspaper that found out about it and reported it. Hi Clint. I'm a bit tied up at the moment but will try to post later tonight. I recognise Hamas as the elected government of Palistine. Israel has stolen land, farms and business's from Palistine for years and the US governments have funded and supported their military hardware in able to do it since 1972. The world has condemned Israel......why does the US continue to back a terrorist nation in Israel?
Clint

Post by Clint »

oscar;1165058 wrote: Hi Clint. I'm a bit tied up at the moment but will try to post later tonight. I recognise Hamas as the elected government of Palistine. Israel has stolen land, farms and business's from Palistine for years and the US governments have funded and supported their military hardware in able to do it since 1972. The world has condemned Israel......why does the US continue to back a terrorist nation in Israel?
Hello Oscar,

Actually, in spite of a strong bias against Israel the world established it as a State and has supported it since. The UN recognizes the right Israel has to exist where it exists. The fact is, the Palestinians didn't care about the land until the Israelis made it productive.

Hamas is indeed the elected government of Palestine. That should tell us all we need to know about the collective wisdom of the Palestinian people who have been at odds with everyone for as long as anyone can remember. The other Arab nations won’t even come to their aid, telling them they have to pull together as a people before they can expect help.

The Knesset has 13 Arabs now serving and one of them, Ayoob kara, is a Deputy Speaker. Israel is open to opinions and even the vote of its Arab neighbors which to me demonstrates their ability to work with a reasonable Hamas government if one existed.

The charter of the dully elected Hamas government calls for the destruction of Israel. If Hamas is serious about peace you would think they would deal with that bit of housekeeping to at least look like they are serious.

As for the sad news of children dying in war, we know what little value Hamas places on the life of individuals. They send their children into crowds of Israelis to blow themselves up so they can kill a few Jews. How do we know they didn't put children in harms way during the invasion for the sake of propaganda. Suicide bombings alone discredit them when they pretend to be seeking peace or complain about the loss of innocent life.
Accountable

Post by Accountable »

koan;1164889 wrote: My daughter wants me to attend a documentary showing, called "paperclips," about the holocaust. Actually, about a school of children learning about the holocaust.

I'm really nervous about going because I'm fairly sure I'll bring up Palestine during the question period.

I'm not against studying, learning and remembering the holocaust but I'm angered by the idea that we've learned anything from it. Not only has Israel created concentrations of Arab refugee camps, they've built walls around it, ensured Egypt will enforce part of the prison patrol and routinely exterminate masses of the population. So the Jews didn't learn anything. The rest of us continue to passively watch it happen, occasionally expressing distaste. So no one else learned anything.

What's the point watching a documentary about the holocaust unless we also discuss Palestine?

If I go, should I sit on my hands and bit my tongue or are my concerns reasonable?

I want her to learn about the holocaust but not under the pretense that it isn't still going on. They just changed who the victims are.
If there's a discussion, by all means bring up any concerns that your child isn't being completely informed. If there's no discussion, teach your child whatever you think she needs to know that she's not getting at school.

It's your responsibility.
koan

Post by koan »

Clint;1165105 wrote: Hello Oscar,

Actually, in spite of a strong bias against Israel the world established it as a State and has supported it since. The UN recognizes the right Israel has to exist where it exists. The fact is, the Palestinians didn't care about the land until the Israelis made it productive.

Hamas is indeed the elected government of Palestine. That should tell us all we need to know about the collective wisdom of the Palestinian people who have been at odds with everyone for as long as anyone can remember. The other Arab nations won’t even come to their aid, telling them they have to pull together as a people before they can expect help.

The Knesset has 13 Arabs now serving and one of them, Ayoob kara, is a Deputy Speaker. Israel is open to opinions and even the vote of its Arab neighbors which to me demonstrates their ability to work with a reasonable Hamas government if one existed.

The charter of the dully elected Hamas government calls for the destruction of Israel. If Hamas is serious about peace you would think they would deal with that bit of housekeeping to at least look like they are serious.

As for the sad news of children dying in war, we know what little value Hamas places on the life of individuals. They send their children into crowds of Israelis to blow themselves up so they can kill a few Jews. How do we know they didn't put children in harms way during the invasion for the sake of propaganda. Suicide bombings alone discredit them when they pretend to be seeking peace or complain about the loss of innocent life.

That's sickening, Clint. I'm out of this discussion. You win the Orwell award for the month.
Clint

Post by Clint »

koan;1165452 wrote: That's sickening, Clint. I'm out of this discussion. You win the Orwell award for the month.
You are correct, it is sickening. People who deploy human bombs are sick. They would do ANYTHING.
Oscar Namechange

Clint;1165105 wrote: Hello Oscar,

As for the sad news of children dying in war, we know what little value Hamas places on the life of individuals. They send their children into crowds of Israelis to blow themselves up so they can kill a few Jews. How do we know they didn't put children in harms way during the invasion for the sake of propaganda. Suicide bombings alone discredit them when they pretend to be seeking peace or complain about the loss of innocent life. I beg for extreme differ here.

Firstly, Yes, the world has established Israel as a state but certainly have not supported it ever since, The world condemns Israel. Bolivia cut off all ties with Israel when they bombed Gaza. Gordon Brown and the British immediately condemned Israel and pledged a further £20 million of extra aid for Gaza to re-build school, hospitals etc.

Don't think for a moment that Israel has the slightest respect for your country even after years of funding the miltary. Condeleeza Rice stated to Israel NOT to bomb UN buildings. They ignored her and bombed a UN school and the UN compound destroying vital aid. They have as much respect for America as they have for the rest of the world which is bugger all.

Have you ever seen maps of the Middle East and the land that Israel has systematicaly stolen from the Palistinians to the point where they are so arrogant, they actually admit doing it?

Palisitinians so not want the destruction of Israel, that is sheer propoganda. Israel want to push the Arabs out of their homeland and have been doing so for decades. They are nothing but terrorists who play the Holocaust card or the anti-semetic card as it suits. What the terrorist Israeli governments have done to the Palistinians is nothing short of genocide. The same genocide shown to them by the Nazi's and who by the way, British troops died for to liberate them from the Nazi concentration camps.

War raged on Gaza has always been about proportion. Have you seen the fatality counts on either side? From memory, the latest act of violence on Gaza was 1,200 dead Palistinians and 15 dead Israeli's. This is due to Hamas only having ineffective rockets that most of the time do not have the range needed to cause wide-spread destruction.

Why are Hamas firing rockets into Southern Israel? An act of terrorism? Or a cry for help to the rest of the world that they have blocked aid getting through for years. Israel have cut their power to the point that newborn babies were dying in hospital. No fuel, water or food has been allowed into Palistine. What do you expect Hamas to do? Watch their people die or lob a few dud missiles to gain the attention of the UN into getting help.

No hard evidence has ever been produced that Hamas have deliberately moved children into area's to be bombed however, there is proof that Israel has used illegal white phospherous to bomb built up area's in daylight. For this they need to answer war crimes. It is against the Geneva convention. Israel's excuse to deny the people of Palistine a right to vital aid is that weapons are smuggled through tunnels from Iran. There is some truth to this but the Israeli government are sophisticated enough to use intelligence to track down insurgents and bring them to trial..... not just bomb the shyte out of women and children. The BBC have also obtained hard evidence that Israeli soldiers moved women and children to a safe-house and then deliberately bombed it 24 hrs later.

I have seen film footage of Palistinian children burnt by white phospherous.

Are you aware that your country is so broke that you are now asking for military hardware back from Israel because since 1972 you have given the Israeli governments approx 3 billion dollars a year?

I can back up anything i have said with links if you should wish however, would you bother to look at them or is your mind so made up about Hamas that you just believe it is proganda?

The only way peace can be found in the ME is to recognise Hamas and give them what they want which is their own state and to be recognised as in government in the world arena. If you think this can not happen then think back to the troubles in Northern ireland and the British Army. People were getting blown up including children. The Thatcher government would not recognise the IRA and talk so the bombings went on. Peace in NI came about only when Tony Blair and Trimble opened up for talks. That is what Israel has to do and America needs to butt out and concentrate on their own sorry mess.
Clint

Post by Clint »

Here is some information for consideration. It must be read/viewed to be evaluated.

'Palestinian' Arabs' Muslim vicious tactics of HUMAN SHIELDS
Oscar Namechange

Clint;1165464 wrote: Here is some information for consideration. It must be read/viewed to be evaluated.

'Palestinian' Arabs' Muslim vicious tactics of HUMAN SHIELDS OK I have read the link and seen the pictures. This is one persons view with a few opportune photo.s for back up. Propoganda in my opinion.

Having said that, I do not totally discount the notion that rogue members of Hamas could be guilty of this.

My question is... Israel is an intelligent nation with the military intelligence to track insurgents and not bomb indiscriminatly. Israel, thanks to the USA has sophisticated hardware that can take out a sniper even within a human shield without killing anyone else. They choose not to and then blame civilian deaths on Hamas human shields.

Let's not forget the area of Gaza. They are packed in like sardines. I find it inconcievable the Palistinians are in open air without a civilian in sight for miles which is the case when the British and US forces take out Taliban snipers in Afghan. Gaza is so densely populated it would be impossible for insurgents to fire back out of range from any civilian.

Again, It comes down to proportion. Can you explain why the latest violence on Hamas saw 1,200 Palistinians dead and an estimated 5,000 maimed or injures and the Israeli death toll was 15 or there abouts?

Can you explain why Israel ignored Condeleeza Rice's direct instrusctions to not bomb UN buildings.

Can you explain the use of illegal white phospherous?

Can you explain why Palistinians have been denied basic aid for years?

Can you explain what the hell the ME has got to do with America?
Clint

Post by Clint »

oscar;1165702 wrote: OK I have read the link and seen the pictures. This is one persons view with a few opportune photo.s for back up. Propoganda in my opinion.

Having said that, I do not totally discount the notion that rogue members of Hamas could be guilty of this.

My question is... Israel is an intelligent nation with the military intelligence to track insurgents and not bomb indiscriminatly. Israel, thanks to the USA has sophisticated hardware that can take out a sniper even within a human shield without killing anyone else. They choose not to and then blame civilian deaths on Hamas human shields.

Let's not forget the area of Gaza. They are packed in like sardines. I find it inconcievable the Palistinians are in open air without a civilian in sight for miles which is the case when the British and US forces take out Taliban snipers in Afghan. Gaza is so densely populated it would be impossible for insurgents to fire back out of range from any civilian.

Again, It comes down to proportion. Can you explain why the latest violence on Hamas saw 1,200 Palistinians dead and an estimated 5,000 maimed or injures and the Israeli death toll was 15 or there abouts?

Can you explain why Israel ignored Condeleeza Rice's direct instrusctions to not bomb UN buildings.

Can you explain the use of illegal white phospherous?

Can you explain why Palistinians have been denied basic aid for years?

Can you explain what the hell the ME has got to do with America?

Hamas saw 1,200 dead compared to 15 IDF because the IDF was on the offensive and they are better equipped and trained. It isn't a common practice for armies in battle to limit the casualties on the other side so both sides have the same number.

Israel ignored Condi because they disagreed with her, are sovereign and don't take orders from any other nation. In war you pursue enemy combatants wherever they hide.

WP is ugly and rumor has it they used the stuff (no proof I've seen). I don't see why anyone would use it.

Palestinians have not been denied basic aid. Israel was letting supplies through at the same time they were invading. Somehow, I can't imagine that being the case if the Palistinians had the upper hand on Israel. If Israel is as terrible as people are saying they would cut them off and starve them to death in weeks.

It would be nice if it wasn't but the ME is important for oil. Israel is important because it is the only working democracy in the ME and the West supports democracy when and where it can.

Britain Premier Vows 'Unbreakable' Support to Israel - July 21, 2008 - The New York Sun
Oscar Namechange

Clint;1165898 wrote: Hamas saw 1,200 dead compared to 15 IDF because the IDF was on the offensive and they are better equipped and trained. It isn't a common practice for armies in battle to limit the casualties on the other side so both sides have the same number.

Israel ignored Condi because they disagreed with her, are sovereign and don't take orders from any other nation. In war you pursue enemy combatants wherever they hide.

WP is ugly and rumor has it they used the stuff (no proof I've seen). I don't see why anyone would use it.

Palestinians have not been denied basic aid. Israel was letting supplies through at the same time they were invading. Somehow, I can't imagine that being the case if the Palistinians had the upper hand on Israel. If Israel is as terrible as people are saying they would cut them off and starve them to death in weeks.

It would be nice if it wasn't but the ME is important for oil. Israel is important because it is the only working democracy in the ME and the West supports democracy when and where it can.

Britain Premier Vows 'Unbreakable' Support to Israel - July 21, 2008 - The New York Sun

Brown condemns Israeli attack as "indefensible" - Middle East, World - The Independent

Israel rains fire on Gaza with phosphorus shells // Current

Israel admits troops may have used phosphorus shells in Gaza | World news | guardian.co.uk

UN Appeal on Gaza: Access for aid just as crucial as funding | Oxfam International

So let me get this straight? The US back, fund and support the Israeli government donating an average of three billion dollars a year since 1972, knowing that if not for the US supplying the military hardware, they would be as under-equiped as Hamas, yet choose to ignore an order from 'Condi' and the very people who have paid for their war?
Clint

Post by Clint »

oscar;1165916 wrote:

So let me get this straight? The US back, fund and support the Israeli government donating an average of three billion dollars a year since 1972, knowing that if not for the US supplying the military hardware, they would be as under-equiped as Hamas, yet choose to ignore an order from 'Condi' and the very people who have paid for their war?

The IDF would be far superior to the Hamas army if the US never spent a dime there. Remember the 1967 war?
Oscar Namechange

Clint;1165926 wrote: The IDF would be far superior to the Hamas army if the US never spent a dime there. Remember the 1967 war? Yes, the 6 day war.

At the war's end, Israel had gained control of the Sinai Peninsula, the Gaza Strip, the West Bank, East Jerusalem, and the Golan Heights. The results of the war affect the geopolitics of the region to this day.

The present-day state of Israel was founded in 1948. But its borders are still in dispute. Both Israeli Jews and Palestinian Arabs claim the same land. The Palestinians demand an independent state of their own.

In 1993, Israel agreed to hand over the Gaza Strip and part of the West Bank to the PLO. In exchange, the PLO agreed to reduce violence caused by militants.

But negotiations for a final settlement proved difficult. By September 2000, the effort had stalled. Palestinian violence erupted, which was answered by Israeli military attacks.

European Community , and the United Nations proposed a peace plan known as the "road map." Israeli and Palestinian leaders resumed negotiations, but they soon broke down. The Israeli Parliament approved Prime Minister Ariel Sharon's plan to remove all Israeli settlements from the Gaza Strip by the end of 2005. The retreat gave all rights of Gaza to the Palistinians and any invasion should be seen as war crimes.
Clint

Post by Clint »

oscar;1165934 wrote: Yes, the 6 day war.

At the war's end, Israel had gained control of the Sinai Peninsula, the Gaza Strip, the West Bank, East Jerusalem, and the Golan Heights. The results of the war affect the geopolitics of the region to this day.

The present-day state of Israel was founded in 1948. But its borders are still in dispute. Both Israeli Jews and Palestinian Arabs claim the same land. The Palestinians demand an independent state of their own.

In 1993, Israel agreed to hand over the Gaza Strip and part of the West Bank to the PLO. In exchange, the PLO agreed to reduce violence caused by militants.

But negotiations for a final settlement proved difficult. By September 2000, the effort had stalled. Palestinian violence erupted, which was answered by Israeli military attacks.

European Community , and the United Nations proposed a peace plan known as the "road map." Israeli and Palestinian leaders resumed negotiations, but they soon broke down. The Israeli Parliament approved Prime Minister Ariel Sharon's plan to remove all Israeli settlements from the Gaza Strip by the end of 2005. The retreat gave all rights of Gaza to the Palistinians and any invasion should be seen as war crimes.

When I was in Israel the people pointed out how dangerous it was to give the land to the Palestinians. Their fears came to pass when Hamas began firing rockets at them from the very land Israel had given them. Was Israel supposed to send them thank-you notes for the rockets? They begged and pleaded with them to stop the rockets then they warned them and finally they took action.
Oscar Namechange

Clint;1165936 wrote: When I was in Israel the people pointed out how dangerous it was to give the land to the Palestinians. Their fears came to pass when Hamas began firing rockets at them from the very land Israel had given them. Was Israel supposed to send them thank-you notes for the rockets? They begged and pleaded with them to stop the rockets then they warned them and finally they took action.

So the people pointed out how dangerous it was to give land to the Palistinians? Where did 'the people' think the Palistinians should go?

As i said in an earlier post, it's about proportion and Israel having the sophistication to take our extremists and bring them to trial. Bombing indescriminantly is not the answer. That kind of violence alienates the world from Israel. Their sympathy has run out in the world and only by giving Hamas what they want, will they ever bring peace to the ME.
Clint

Post by Clint »

oscar;1165944 wrote: So the people pointed out how dangerous it was to give land to the Palistinians? Where did 'the people' think the Palistinians should go?

As i said in an earlier post, it's about proportion and Israel having the sophistication to take our extremists and bring them to trial. Bombing indescriminantly is not the answer. That kind of violence alienates the world from Israel. Their sympathy has run out in the world and only by giving Hamas what they want, will they ever bring peace to the ME.

Hamas, according to its charter, wants Israel gone. No nation would desolve just because another wants them to.
Bill Sikes

Post by Bill Sikes »

That one side does wrong does not entitle the other to do similar.

Hopefully some sort of independent investigation into the alleged Israeli War Crimes will happen, although I would not hold my breath.

Everyone would welcome this, wouldn't they.
Oscar Namechange

Bill Sikes;1165989 wrote: That one side does wrong does not entitle the other to do similar.

Hopefully some sort of independent investigation into the alleged Israeli War Crimes will happen, although I would not hold my breath.

Everyone would welcome this, wouldn't they. Have you heard the latest news Bill? We are to have an investigation in the invasion of Iraq. However, Ministers have announced it will not be public. Of course it won't be..... other-wise Blair would stand trial for war crimes.

Israel needs to be held accountable for their act of violence on Gaza and the use of illegal WP. If they are not, peace will be impossible.
Daniyal

Post by Daniyal »

oscar;1166088 wrote: Have you heard the latest news Bill? We are to have an investigation in the invasion of Iraq. However, Ministers have announced it will not be public. Of course it won't be..... other-wise Blair would stand trial for war crimes.

Israel needs to be held accountable for their act of violence on Gaza and the use of illegal WP. If they are not, peace will be impossible.

It Like When The Police Invesigate Themselves They Can't Go Wrong :-1
Never Argue With An Idiot. They Drag You Down To Their Level Then Beat You With Experience.

When An Elder Passes On To Higher Life , Its Like One Of The Library Have Shut Down

To Desire Security Is A Sign Of Insecurity .

It's Not The Things One Knows That Get Him Or Her In Trouble , Its The Things One Knows That Just Isn't So That Get Them In Trouble

When you can control a man's thinking you don't have to worry about his action ...:driving:

Return to “Current Political Events”