The Eurovision Song Contest is almost upon us.

This is our starting point. Discussions about any or all TV shows. The more popular shows will eventually have their own forum.
Bill Sikes

Post by Bill Sikes »

But do we care?
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

Bill Sikes;1189576 wrote: But do we care?
We were talking about this earlier on another Thread.I love this years entry.....IMO the girl can sing and its a good song but will we win.....bet ye bottom dollar we wont:rolleyes: as it has nothing to do with the songs anymore and yes I know they have changed the way its voted for but IMO it wont make any difference.....take the programme off.....I wouldnt have sleepless nights over it:D
Women are bitchy and predictable ...men are not and that's the key to knowing the truth.
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

i cant wait to see if the voting is any different,,, tbh if we win or not is matterless to me if i can see that the voting does seem fair:thinking:

I love the Eurovision Song contest for its comedic value:D

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
Victoria

Post by Victoria »

We had our song kicked out earlier in the week.. Now people here are saying scrap it, its too predictable with all the eastern block giving each other all the big points

Cant tell you if the Dutch entry was any good btw I never watch the show.
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

Not really, just makes me even more determined that the fuse stays out of the telly for at least another week! :D
Rapunzel

Post by Rapunzel »

Oh yeah, it's good for a laugh! ;)

It's always fun to see the landlocked Europeans playing political games by voting for their neighbours! You have to try and guess who each country will give 'douze points' to! :wah:

And....sometimes....you get something amazing from it!

Remember Finland's Lordi winning in 2006 with 'Hard Rock Hallelujah'?

They were MEGA! :-4

And very avant guarde for Eurovision.

YouTube - Lordi - Hard rock hallelujah eurovision 2006 semifinals

Lordi - Eurovision 2006 Winners Encore

And Lordi's fantastic video at the opening of the Eurovision Song Contest 2007

YouTube - Lordi @ Eurovision Song Contest 2007

(THIS IS A GREAT VIDEO!)

Sadly I don't think we'll be placed this year. I really like Andrew Lloyd-Webber's music but I don't feel he's put much time or effort into this year's entry as it's really bland. :(
Rapunzel

Post by Rapunzel »

This is the bookies favourite for this year apparently.

I like it. :)

YouTube - Alexander Rybak - Fairytale (Norway)

Hot Totty alert! :D
Rapunzel

Post by Rapunzel »

This is our entry.

A pretty girl, a pretty dress, a pretty voice..........but not a eurovision winner imo.

YouTube - Jade - It's My Time - UK Entry for Eurovision Song Contest 2009 - BBC One
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

Rapunzel;1189637 wrote: This is the bookies favourite for this year apparently.

I like it. :)

YouTube - Alexander Rybak - Fairytale (Norway)

Hot Totty alert! :D

oh i love it!! and he is so pretty!! and so young:eek:,, i feel so wrong:o:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

FOC THREAD PART1

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Martin Luther King Jr.
Rapunzel

Post by Rapunzel »

kazalala;1189663 wrote: oh i love it!! and he is so pretty!! and so young:eek:,, i feel so wrong:o:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

Yeah I know! Me too! :yh_rotfl

It must be a middle aged thing (I didn't think I was yet :o but I do find myself looking hee hee :sneaky: ;) :wah: )

and I wouldn't kick him out of bed.....yumm :D
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

Rapunzel;1189669 wrote: Yeah I know! Me too! :yh_rotfl

It must be a middle aged thing (I didn't think I was yet :o but I do find myself looking hee hee :sneaky: ;) :wah: )

and I wouldn't kick him out of bed.....yumm :D

well i think he can captivate an audience anyway:guitarist he has a very good stage prescence a good entertainer:D

and bloody gorgeous:D

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

kazalala;1189673 wrote: well i think he can captivate an audience anyway:guitarist he has a very good stage prescence a good entertainer:D

and bloody gorgeous:DThis I have to see....Ive never seen our Kaz swoon like this in all the years ive known her:-2:D;):driving:
Women are bitchy and predictable ...men are not and that's the key to knowing the truth.
kazalala

Post by kazalala »

Carolly;1189693 wrote: This I have to see....Ive never seen our Kaz swoon like this in all the years ive known her:-2:D;):driving:

except over johnny depp:o:guitarist:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

FOC THREAD PART1

Martin Luther King Jr.
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

kazalala;1189697 wrote: except over johnny depp:o:guitarist:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Well if I was 100 years younger I wouldnt say no to him thats for sure:yh_rotfl:yh_rotflHis sooooo young bless him but what a little dish....agree about it being good....I just love that mental dancing:yh_rotfl
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

Why am I sitting here watching this rubbish....gawd theres some crap songs:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Betty Boop

Post by Betty Boop »

Carolly;1189750 wrote: Why am I sitting here watching this rubbish....gawd theres some crap songs:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

You mad woman you! :wah: Sitting here listening to Eric Clapton and relaxing, might go get a vodka or two. :-6
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

Betty Boop;1189756 wrote: You mad woman you! :wah: Sitting here listening to Eric Clapton and relaxing, might go get a vodka or two. :-6Ye and now I am also talking to the Mad Oz on the Mike.....it cant get much worse:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
fuzzywuzzy

Post by fuzzywuzzy »

I thought Eurovision was fixed ?:-2
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

Norways gonna win it.....the most popular song EVER they reckon....at least Englands not at the bottom this year:D:guitarist
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

Bill Sikes;1189576 wrote: But do we care? Not one iota.

Sadly, since Sandie Shaw's Puppet on a String who as a child, i thought was wonderful and Lulu's Boom Bang A Bang..... we've been pretty rubbish.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

oscar;1189882 wrote: Not one iota.

Sadly, since Sandie Shaw's Puppet on a String who as a child, i thought was wonderful and Lulu's Boom Bang A Bang..... we've been pretty rubbish.Oh yeeeee Boom Bang a Bang was suchhhhhhhhh a good song....they dont make them like that any more:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl great class baby:D;)
Oscar Namechange

Carolly;1189885 wrote: Oh yeeeee Boom Bang a Bang was suchhhhhhhhh a good song....they dont make them like that any more:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl great class baby:D;) It was great wasn't it? I was not averse to Dana's All kinds of Everything as well. Spliff Pilchards performances were just horribly embarressing and cringe worthy. As for that Gemini?? :-5
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

oscar;1189887 wrote: It was great wasn't it? I was not averse to Dana's All kinds of Everything as well. Spliff Pilchards performances were just horribly embarressing and cringe worthy. As for that Gemini?? :-5We have Abba fanks to that comp so all not is lost:D:guitarist
Oscar Namechange

Carolly;1189888 wrote: We have Abba fanks to that comp so all not is lost:D:guitarist That was the only true genious to come out of it. I was so proud that they won in my home town of Brighton at the Top Rank Suite where i had often boogied the night away myself

:guitarist:guitarist
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

oscar;1189894 wrote: That was the only true genious to come out of it. I was so proud that they won in my home town of Brighton at the Top Rank Suite where i had often boogied the night away myself

:guitarist:guitaristI won a Top Ranks singing Comp a million years ago when I was young and pretty....the song was My Way and a night never to be forgotten:-4....but not in Brighton;).....went for a fab meal there though once...so you used to boogie the night away....you sure thats all you did in the night:wah::wah:;)
Oscar Namechange

Carolly;1189899 wrote: I won a Top Ranks singing Comp a million years ago when I was young and pretty....the song was My Way and a night never to be forgotten:-4....but not in Brighton;).....went for a fab meal there though once...so you used to boogie the night away....you sure thats all you did in the night:wah::wah:;) I used to love the Top Rank and saw many many artistes there in the 70's including The Stranglers but we were a bit naughty that night.:sneaky: I used to love to dance..... still do but in my knickers to U2 round my lounge now which can be a shock to passing elderly people, horses, and dogs.

After a night of boogying in the Top Rank I'd end up walking home crippled carrying my stilletto's and the odd stranger i must confess :yh_rotfl
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

oscar;1189907 wrote: I used to love the Top Rank and saw many many artistes there in the 70's including The Stranglers but we were a bit naughty that night.:sneaky: I used to love to dance..... still do but in my knickers to U2 round my lounge now which can be a shock to passing elderly people, horses, and dogs.

After a night of boogying in the Top Rank I'd end up walking home crippled carrying my stilletto's and the odd stranger i must confess :yh_rotfl

Well at least you have the good grace to wear drawers. I was going to bed but that vision's gonna keep me awake all night
"He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Winston Churchill
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

oscar;1189907 wrote: I used to love the Top Rank and saw many many artistes there in the 70's including The Stranglers but we were a bit naughty that night.:sneaky: I used to love to dance..... still do but in my knickers to U2 round my lounge now which can be a shock to passing elderly people, horses, and dogs.

After a night of boogying in the Top Rank I'd end up walking home crippled carrying my stilletto's and the odd stranger i must confess :yh_rotflOh those were the days:wah: I was such a bleedin snob....if I met a geezer I told him I lived in Edgware Road up West....so he would take me there....Id see a posh house and say oh this is where I live....quick snog.....he went and then I had to get back home.....to Stepney fgs:yh_rotfl:yh_rotflEven told some bloke once I was American:rolleyes: and I was staying at The Hilton:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl well all was fine till he wanted to contact me there the next day...I went back to Stepney.....got a lift in a City Of Westminster Dust Cart.....dont ask...long story:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl woke up sober and thought ....what am I gonna do I cant keep talking American fgs and I would like to see him again....ended up ringing the Section House cause he had given me the number and instead of this American Voice he heard this Cockney girl.....we were engaged 6 months later and guess what.........he was Old Bill:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl sorry but that story had nofing to do with the Song Contest so I better go as your leading me astray woman:wah:;):driving:
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

Snowfire;1189910 wrote: Well at least you have the good grace to wear drawers. I was going to bed but that vision's gonna keep me awake all night
Ere Oscar.............youve pulled:D;):driving:
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

Carolly;1189912 wrote: Ere Oscar.............youve pulled:D;):driving:

.....yeah. A muscle maybe

Winston Churchill
Oscar Namechange

Snowfire;1189910 wrote: Well at least you have the good grace to wear drawers. I was going to bed but that vision's gonna keep me awake all night Your going to be awake all night dreaming of me in my drawers now arn't you? :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Oscar Namechange

Carolly;1189912 wrote: Ere Oscar.............youve pulled:D;):driving: I'll get me coat :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

oscar;1189916 wrote: Your going to be awake all night dreaming of me in my drawers now arn't you? :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

I've just swallowed 2 packets of nytol with a litre of whisky. That ought to numb the pain till the memory starts flooding back

Winston Churchill
Oscar Namechange

Snowfire;1189915 wrote: .....yeah. A muscle maybe Do you know? That's so spooky...... I've just had a plate of muscles in garlic butter. We're posh in this house you know. No cheese on toast as late night snacks here :wah:
Oscar Namechange

Snowfire;1189919 wrote: I've just swallowed 2 packets of nytol with a litre of whisky. That ought to numb the pain till the memory starts flooding back I could e mail you a pic of me in me skimpy thong if you need comotosing :yh_rotfl
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

oscar;1189918 wrote: I'll get me coat :yh_rotfl:yh_rotflWell fgs dont tell him you live on the Edgware Road:yh_rotfl right im off and will leave you to it....now remember your a lady and play hard to get;)Night Sweetchops:D:driving:
Carolly

Post by Carolly »

oscar;1189920 wrote: Do you know? That's so spooky...... I've just had a plate of muscles in garlic butter. We're posh in this house you know. No cheese on toast as late night snacks here :wah:
PS.....Yer chat up line is rubbish:rolleyes::p:driving:
Snowfire

Post by Snowfire »

oscar;1189921 wrote: I could e mail you a pic of me in me skimpy thong if you need comotosing :yh_rotfl

nnnnngg......I'm slipping into a *yawn* deep sleeeeep zzzzzzzz

Winston Churchill
Oscar Namechange

snowfire;1189924 wrote: nnnnngg......i'm slipping into a *yawn* deep sleeeeep zzzzzzzz wakey wakey
Oscar Namechange

Carolly;1189923 wrote: PS.....Yer chat up line is rubbish:rolleyes::p:driving: I know but it's my stunning good looks that pulls em :yh_rotfl Nighty Nights Ducks..... I might be on tomorrow but then you'll have a short reprieve from me.... Off to 'you know what' tomorrow ;)
mikeinie

Post by mikeinie »

I really enjoyed the show this year, the quality of performers was amazing.

I personally think that Iceland was by far the best:

YouTube - Eurovision 2009 * 12 Iceland * 1st Semi-Final *

Russia did an amazing job on the show, the opening and closing was fantastic.
mikeinie

Post by mikeinie »

The closing of the Eurovision:

You have to see this, this was so cool. It is the closing of the Eurovision song contest which was hosted by Russia.

The suspended pools were over the audience which were lowered to the point where the audience could touch them. These things were massive in size

YouTube - Eurovision 2009 - Final - Interval Act - Fuerza Bruta
Bill Sikes

Post by Bill Sikes »

Carolly;1189885 wrote: Oh yeeeee Boom Bang a Bang was suchhhhhhhhh a good song....they dont make them like that any more yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl yh_rotfl yh_rotfl great class baby D;)

How they fared:

1st: Monaco with "Bing Tiddle Tiddle Bong"

2nd: Italy with "Si Si Boing Bang"

3rd: Germany with "Nein Bong Ãœber Tiddle"

4th: England with "Bang Bang Bang Bang"

4th: Ireland with "Ay Ay Ay Ay"

4th: Scotland with "Och Och Och Och"

4th: Israel with "Oy Oy Oy Oy"

5th: France with "Post Coitum Omnia Animal Tristes Est"

6th: Sweden with "Ding Ding a Dong"

[Monty Python]

Return to “General TV Shows”