teen killed in police chase smash the AA grumpy column

pantoandy

Post by pantoandy »

hello its only your ever faithfull grumpy here with another story to rant about.

its been hard trying to find a story today because everywhere is plastered with michael jacksons death.

its been non stop every paper and most tv channels you turn to have got something to do with MJ .

yes we know MJ is dead but do we have to keep being bombarded with anything to do with MJ how much more must we suffer....

anyway heres todays story ( stomps off muttering about michael jackson !!)

A teenager has died and a 16-year-old boy is critically ill in hospital after a car smashed into a viaduct while being followed by a police patrol.

Warwickshire Police said the Toyota Carina struck a pillar of the bridge in Rugby shortly after an officer investigating a report of a car-jacking started to track the vehicle.

An 18-year-old man at the wheel of the Toyota suffered a serious head injury and was pronounced dead shortly after his arrival at Coventry's University Hospital.

His 16-year-old passenger sustained pelvic and leg injuries in the crash at Butlers Leap, Rugby, and is in a critical condition in the same hospital.

A police spokesman said the crash happened shortly after a food delivery worker was pushed away from his Toyota car by two males who made off in the vehicle.

"Shortly before 1.30am, a police officer who was on duty in the area following a report of a robbery, saw a red Toyota Carina with two males on board which he suspected might have been involved in the robbery," the spokesman said.

"The officer, who was driving a marked vehicle, started to follow the Toyota.

"For reasons which are not clear, after a very short time the Toyota collided with the central pillar of the viaduct at Butlers Leap.

"No other vehicles were involved."

Daily Star: Simply The Best 7 Days A Week :: Latest News :: Teenager dies in police car chase

AAG

my sympathies to the family and bobby concerned but i suppose there will be an enquiry now how this poor unfortunate person hit the centre of the viaduct and was the bobby doing his job right within the guidelines which now favour the criminal rather than the victim the policeman will now get grilled and

bombarded with all sorts of questions and will have mountains of paperwork to do over this.

yet what will be overlooked is the fact that these two scrotes were criminals in fact robbers or carjackers whichever way you wish to put it .

my sympathies are zero its unfortunate that one died at only 18 but if they had not been feral thieving ratbags they would not have been in that position at all.
Victoria

Post by Victoria »

I agree a shame but if they had not been breaking the law it wouldnt have happened Im not saying give a death sentance to car jackers but at least they wont be leaving any more victims, ie person whos car got nicked and/ or anyone that they might sooner or later have run over or collided with..

I loose no sleep and shed no tears for these idiots.
Rapunzel

Post by Rapunzel »

pantoandy;1210211 wrote: i suppose there will be an enquiry now how this poor unfortunate person hit the centre of the viaduct

If they can solve this then maybe they can use the same info to explain how Princess Diana died.

The scenes following her death are obviously going to be recreated in the weeks following Jacko's death. The Queen of Hearts and the King of Pop.

Sorry Andy, I couldn't resist putting a lil MJ boogie in your thread. ;) :D :yh_rotfl
Oscar Namechange

Post by Oscar Namechange »

I have always actually been against police persuit. I remember a thread months back when i researched some stats for innocent deaths in persuit. The amount of innocents killed in persuit which has included innocent children and grandmothers simply crossing the road at the wrong time, or innocent motorists hit by speeding cop cars. My theory has always been that it's better to let some scroat get away than risk innocents in a high speed persuit.

However, if the scroats that are being chased are likely to be a danger to others then the police must persue. If they were not scroats fleeing from the police, they would not be dead.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Rapunzel

Post by Rapunzel »

oscar;1210410 wrote: I have always actually been against police persuit. I remember a thread months back when i researched some stats for innocent deaths in persuit. The amount of innocents killed in persuit which has included innocent children and grandmothers simply crossing the road at the wrong time, or innocent motorists hit by speeding cop cars. My theory has always been that it's better to let some scroat get away than risk innocents in a high speed persuit.

However, if the scroats that are being chased are likely to be a danger to others then the police must persue. If they were not scroats fleeing from the police, they would not be dead.

If you watch these American real-life 'cop' shows, you see they also give chase in choppers and put stingers out across the roads. (A stinger is a series of spikes strung together which officers put in the road to burst the tyres of a vehicle they want to stop.)

Why don't we do that? Or, if we do, why not more frequently? Is it the cost? A car cannot outrun a helicopter and it's probably safer in chases (there being only one speeding car on the road, not two) also the (American) helicopters film with night-vision cameras so they can see the perp if he deserts the car and makes a run for it.
Oscar Namechange

Rapunzel;1210414 wrote: If you watch these American real-life 'cop' shows, you see they also give chase in choppers and put stingers out across the roads. (A stinger is a series of spikes strung together which officers put in the road to burst the tyres of a vehicle they want to stop.)

Why don't we do that? Or, if we do, why not more frequently? Is it the cost? A car cannot outrun a helicopter and it's probably safer in chases (there being only one speeding car on the road, not two) also the (American) helicopters film with night-vision cameras so they can see the perp if he deserts the car and makes a run for it.
We do use stingers Rap but there has been increasing cases of injury to officers while trying to deploy them. We had an officer in Bristol even killed while trying to deploy a stinger. It entails an officer standing on the verge of the road and 'rolling' out the spiked mat' into the path of the speeding car. it takes precision timing and if successful, the cars tyres can puncture at high speed sending the car into oncoming traffic. It's really the last resort. I'm more in favour of just shooting the bastards.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, we will remember them. R.L. Binyon
Victoria

Post by Victoria »

In Holland we have a lot of water .. canals rivers ect,often if a criminal is fleeing in a stolen car the police radio ahead and the next bridge along the road is raised, exits are blocked and the thieves have no where to go.
pantoandy

Post by pantoandy »

Victoria;1210598 wrote: In Holland we have a lot of water .. canals rivers ect,often if a criminal is fleeing in a stolen car the police radio ahead and the next bridge along the road is raised, exits are blocked and the thieves have no where to go.

AND END UP CLOGGING UP THE CANAL !! :yh_rotfl

GET IT :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

SORRY ONLY JOKING BRITISH HUMOUR

my apolgies no offence

the grumps
Oscar Namechange

pantoandy;1210612 wrote: AND END UP CLOGGING UP THE CANAL !! :yh_rotfl

GET IT :yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl:yh_rotfl

SORRY ONLY JOKING BRITISH HUMOUR

my apolgies no offence

the grumps You opened your two lips (tulips) again didn't you? :yh_rotfl

Return to “Crimes Trials”